Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 238/217.2/150

Height: 5'2'

Hello Ladies,

We leave for FL Tuesday morning around 8 am. So I am really working to get all the packing done I can so I will only have those last minute things you can't pack until that morning. DH has figured out that I can put my makeup/cosmetics bag I leave in the bathroom when we are at DD's inside my big bag and not have to pay extra for it as a carry on. I will probably get excited when I'm in the airport or on the plane.

I wasn't supposed to WI until the 1st of each month, but Sunday used to be my WI day and I just had to see how this new way of eating was going. I wasn't sure if I was blowing it "old Diet thinking" because some days I wouldn't eat hardly anything because I wasn't hungry and then there were times that I was hungry all the time and felt like I was constantly eating. I guess I was doing okay because I have lost 3 lbs since my WI on the 1st of April. Went out to eat yesterday and ate about 3/4 of the food and then asked the waitress to remove the plate so I wouldn't eat any more. Oh something else I found interesting. You know I did the deal with the show to stop the craving for DH Heath bars. Well, the other day I decided to eat a couple to just see what would happen. Yuck poo tasted like soap in my mouth is about the only way I can describe it. Asked DH if they had gone bad. He said "No. They taste fine. I thought you weren't going to eat those any more." Well, I'm not. Obviously the craving technique works.

Tammy - I hope you are feeling better today. Love you monitor. I don't think I could go back to a small one. Enjoy.

Mindee - So glad Brandon is really enjoying school. That is terrific. Love the avatars of the children. They are so precious.

Marti - Have fun shopping with DD. We went to Kohl's yesterday just windo shopping and they do have a lot of sales.

Francie - I'm glad most of your soreness has gone away. I hope you are back to yourself today and take it easy getting back into the exercise. I think if you do too much at time you'll burn out and quit. So do what works for you... it's better to build up a little at a time.

Jane, Jules, Ellen and everyone else I missed hello and everyone have a great day.

I'll try to write one more time at least probably tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #47  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday evening. Just a quick pop in. I am getting ready to take a little walk outside. I have been moving today...just got a burst of energy so went with it. I did all the floors, 3 loads of laundry and cleaned the bathrooms. Went outside and cleaned the bird feeders and filled them up. I made DH a crock pot sweet potato casserole from my low fat cook book. Cooked a pot of green beans and potatoes with sausage. So, had a busy day. Hardly a chance to read my papers....but did finally finish them.
I just sat down and made lists for the yard work and plantings I want to do. So, now it is SHOPPING time this week. Lol.

Hope you all had a great week-end and relaxed a little. Mom was worn out after our little trip...and Baby was mad at us for boarding her overnight. Fun!
We didn't strike any riches, but had a good time.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #48  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here ladies.....

we really didn't do that much today. Tommy's parents came over and were here for a little bit. Then after they left, Tommy went to do laundry, so I have something to do tomorrow! and then I made dinner (gotta love Rachael Ray) and we are that.....we were going to go for a walk but Tommy was still doing his work laundry.

now I just need to make his lunch, get every thing all set for the morning, and then head to bed! I need to get back into a better schedule then the one I have been on!

oh yeah....Brandon has been wanting to take showers with Tommy lately, so Tommy has been letting him. Well, earlier tonight Tommy had given himself a hair cut. We had talked with Brandon that once the weather gets warmer and stays warmer then Mommy will give him and logan a hair cut. Well, Tommy jumped into the shower first since he had loose hair on him. While he was in the shower, Brandon got ahold of his clippers and gave himself a hair cut! Thankfully his hair is so think, you can't even tell that he did!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #49  

Hi ladies,

Mindee - aw, what a nice picture of you and Marissa. I can really tell that you've lost weight. Did you get the rooms moved, or decide to keep them the way they were. I love moving rooms around. Well, I did it more when I was younger, lol. My kids used to cut their own hair, too. Especially the girls! Watch out for 'Rissa when she gets older, lol.

Francie - I hate to admit it, but I've never seen any of the Pirate movies. When my Katie worked at Disney, she said Johnny Depp would be there often, at the P of C ride at Magic Kingdom. She didn't get to see him though, since she worked at Animal Kingdom. She got to see some other stars, though.

Marti - what kind of a school project does Jhanai have? Bet it's something cool.

Trish - YAY for the 3 pounds down! Last night I watched the Paul McKenna episode from last week on negative association, and then the new one about metabolism. Very interesting! I used to do my own version of aversion therapy when I lost weight in '04, by picturing mold and roaches on desserts. Eww... so his show reminded me of that, and it's a very powerful tool, imo. Have a good time with the family in Florida, and check in, if you get a chance. You will be missed! If forget... how long will you be gone?

Sue - so glad you had fun! Wow, your food sounds so good. Neal doesn't like green beans, so I usually just open a can of them for me, but have to say a pot of them w/potatoes and sausage sounds delish! I think the only plants I need are some impatiens for the front of the porch. We put in a bunch of perinnials last year.

Today I plan to work in the yard, as much as I can. Since I can't kneel on my right knee, this could be quite a challenge. I've got one of those seat things, but not sure how that will work out. The temp is supposed to be in the low 70's and I'm loving that.

BBL,
Old 04-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #50  

Height: 5'1"

Morning chickies!

Jane--I started the challenge thread. Was this the one you were talking about? DD project was to read a book and then do a scrapbook as though you are the main character of the book. It had to be 20 pages, and she finished it last night.

Francie--I get a sense of someone watching or in the room now and then. Since we've moved here, I keep telling hubby that I swear I hear music from a music box. Only when I'm in this back room. I've had other experience in the past too, so don't think you're weird!

Tammy--I have a simple little Krazer phone. It's red and I think it's cute. Mothers Day.......I just about forgot that that was coming up! Thanks for the reminder. I need to figure something out, my ma in Cali and my step ma here in Oregon.

Mindee-- What did you fix from Rachael Ray?? Do you subscribe to her magazine. I've bought a couple of them, really handy information, but I'm such a magazine junky that I didn't subscribe.

Trish--DD & I bought her a really cute top yesterday at Kohl's. Today is Spring Photo day so she wanted something colorful. She's tired of looking at her clothes and seeing all this black, she's very into yellow and greens right now. Should make it easy to shop, but it wasn't!

Ellen--How was the wedding? Did you dance the night away??

Sue--My yard it really needing attention. I had plans for this weekend to work on it but the rain would not stop. Our yard is just soaked. I'm really excited, out town decided to provide yard debris trash cans. So now, instead of burning, we can let the garbage pick up. (I suppose I need a life if something like that gets me excited........)

Well ladies, I need to start thinking of getting ready for work. You all have a great Monday and I'll chat w/you all later.

Have a good one!
Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #51  

Afternoon ladies!!! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend!! I had a ball at the wedding, and DH and I even got a chance to show off our salsa moves!!! The weather has been so nice..sunny, but still a little on the chilly side. We went to mom's yesterday had an early dinner, then the boys went off to play some baseball, and the little girls went to the park. I had a chance to just sit and read in the quiet...something that never happens!!! Felt like I was getting sick tho, swollen gland and ear pressure, went to bed early, then rested this morning...have to run out to the store this aft...may take the kiddies out for dinner as DH and a friend are out at the White Sox home opener today.

Have to run B4 my lunch burns!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #52  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Trish~I agree..I gotta start taking things slowly, lol. I did get a little burned out with that one workout. But I dont wanna give it up. I think I'll do that one every friday or something.

Jane~I would die if I ever met or saw Johnny Depp. Well..I would die if I ever met Jake, Johnny, Brad or Orlando..lol. You should see the Pirates movies. They're pretty good.

Marti~I wonder if its a woman thing..because Fonzo has never sensed anything in the room or bathroom before. Women are probably more in tuned to that sort of thing.

Ellen~Salsa dancing is HOT stuff!! LoL!! Glad you had fun!!

Anyways..nothing new to report here. Had a nice weekend with dh. I have a doc appt in 2 hours..so I better get moving..BBL
Old 04-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #53  

just popping in here while the kiddos are having their quiet time. we have new neighbors that moved in upstairs....so we now have to get used to that again! hopefully these ones will be a lot nicer then the last one!

Brandon came home from school with a backpack full of stuff! his school pictures came in today, and boy let me tell you they are super duper cute! I am going to try and see if I can save one to the computer off the website. I even saw, when I quickly glanced through every thing, that they are doing a relay for life for his school. Once I read more about that I will post about it. I think it would be really neat, and I am actually surprised that they sent one home for him, but it helps to promote good exercise and healthy living so I am all for it! they also got to go outside today because the weather is really nice!

Jane~ Thanks for the nice comments and the nice compliment. nope, we never did move the rooms around, so they are still the way they were. the only thing that is holding us up is trying to figure out where every thing would go. we would only being moving three things out of our room and into their room. Our bed, our dresser and our tv stand. we know that the bed will fit, and hope that the dresser would fit in the corner, but we are not sure where the tv stand would go. Marissa has Tommy's curly hair like he did when he was younger, so she is probably going to try to cut her curls!

Marti~ I made Cowboy Spaghetti. Nope, I don't subscribe to her magazine, I have one of her cook books. I have picked up her magazine a couple of times, and you are right, they do have some handy information in it.

Ellen~ Salsa dancing is a great workout! sounds like you guys had a lot of fun at the wedding!

francie~ How are you doing today?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 238/217.2/150

Height: 5'2'

Good afternoon Ladies,

This will be a quick fly by. I went to get my nails done this morning and I got a pedicure too so I could get my toenails painted since I'll be wearing sandals. I tell you ladies that I really enjoyed that and I'm going to be doing it again. We will be in FL tomorrow around noon. We will be back here the following Tuesday afternoon so will be in FL 7 days. I'm beginning to look forward to the trip and seeing the children and grandchildren and spending time with them and visiting with friends.

I like the idea of the challenge and decided to join it even though I'll be on vacation. Hopeing the challenge will help me to do well any way. I want to keep the scale moving down as I'm really tired of having to work on losing those "recycled" lbs.

Francie - Glad you are feeling better. I'm the oldest one here as far as I know so I can play Mom. Start that exercise slow and build up now. I like Paul McKenna's idea of tuning in to your body and do a little more and more as your body is ready.

Ellen - Glad you and DH had fun dancing at the wedding. Sorry you have been feeling bad and I hope you are feeling better.

Mindee - Look forward to seeing the pictures and hope you got some good neighbors this time. I love Rachel Ray because she cooks like I do... if it takes more than 15 or 20 min I usually don't cook it. Actually now that it is just DH and me, I cook as much as I can in microwave especially veggies.

Marti - Glad you had fun shopping with Jhanai. Sounds like she is into spring colors.

Jane - I watched both Paul McKenna's back to back shows last night. I know when I did the technique to stop the cravings I missed the magots part and it was still so gross. It really works doesn't? Now to get myself motivated to move... exercise. You know I started walking like he said to do and you know what... I did get addicted to it. I hope I can do that again. We will be doing a lot of walking in FL so I hope I can continue it when I get back home.

Tammy, Sue, Jules and Everybody else - Hello I hope you are all doing well. Everybody have a good week. I will really miss all of you and I will check in whenever I can.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 04-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #55  
I was born this way hey!

Okay I'm back from my doc appointment.

I basically just had my annual "you know what". I'll get my results from that soon. However, I finally got my blood test results. I have traces of PCOS. She said she could put me on fertility drugs..but she'd rather have me go to the infertility clinic. I'm having more testing done as well.

I figured I had it..but its disappointed to know, now that its been confirmed...I dunno..I just need to take it all in still.

I'm gonna go lay down for a little while. Be back laters.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #56  

francie I've been thru alot of it so we can talk anytime, just pm me
Old 04-08-2008, 01:01 AM   #57  

just popping back in here......

this is going to be a short visit since my left wrist is hurting me. I am going to buy those wrist splint thingies when we go to wal-mart on friday.......or sooner depending on how much pain it throws off. I just took some tylenol for it and I am going to head to bed.

Francie~ When is your appointment at the clinic? if it is early enough, did your doctor mention anything about going in and taking it out? if it isn't that much they can usually take it out and you won't need to go to the clinic. we were told that we were infertile before we got pregnant with Brandon....so if you have any questions at all, you can shoot me a message on here or myspace, which ever one you feel more comfortable with

Trish~ I would love to get a manicure and a pedicure, but I was blessed with no toenails except for my big toe.........so a pedicure is out, but I would love to have a manicure done! have fun in Florida!

I went through his back pack of stuff! He has plenty of projects and such that he did. He has even been writing his name on the backs of them, and you can tell the difference between when he first started school and the teacher or the parapro wrote it. Now, you can actually see the beginning of him writing words! His school does this thing called ACES Day, which basically means All Children Exercise Simultaneously. And for that they will be doing their own little mini Relay for Life for one hour! He brought home a pledge package basically to get people to donate to the American Cancer Society.

I tried to get his school picture to save to the computer off the LifeTouch site, but they wouldn't let me do it. I now have to sit down and figure out how many more pictures I am going to need so that we can get the extras ordered.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #58  

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - yep, that challenge is the one I was thinking of. I forgot exactly how it went, but I was pretty sure you'd know. The project of Jhanai's sounds so cool! Twenty pages is a lot, though. I bet she gets an A on it.

Ellen - I've seen salsa dancing on tv, and it looks like a real workout. Glad you had some quiet time to read.

Francie - I'm sorry about your diagnosis. I know several women with this, and at least yours is just "traces". There is a PCOS support thread here at 3FC, under Dieting With Obstacles. You might get some info there. About men, I'd faint if I got to meet Jimmy Smits, Tim Daly, or George Clooney. George was on Letterman last week, though, and he's lost a lot of weight. He's looking a little scrawny, lol. Lettermen asked about the weight loss, and GC said it was due to playing sports. Sounds weird.

Mindee - here's what I did when I wanted a copy of the DGDs group picture - I took a picture of the picture. Just make sure you have the flash off, and that there is no glare. About the neighbors, I'd introduce myself, be real friendly to them, and maybe even take them a plate of brownies or something, then they will want to be considerate of you, and you'll have some new friends, too. Just a thought.

Trish - aww, you will be missed! I hope you do get to check in sometimes. Bet you can't wait to see the DGKs. I'm sick of recycling the same pounds, too, and feel like I've wasted 3 months of 2008 doing that very thing. Have a good time, and a safe trip to Florida, Trish!

Today I'm having lunch with my niece. We missed the past 2 months since I was so busy with Neal, and didn't want to leave him when he was injured. So that will be fun. Then I'm getting my teeth cleaned. I'm a little past due for my 6 month check up. After that, I'm visiting my sister, and then going for groceries. When I get home, I've got to get some ironing done. Don't want it to pile up.

What's on your agenda today?

BBL,
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #59  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies--

The outlook for this weeks weather is sunshine!! That means I can put on my earbuds and listen to music while I'm out there pruning and pulling plants and weeds. Should be a good upper body workout!

Jane--DD's project was fun, although towards the end she didn't put much effort into it, she wanted to quickly get it finished. We shall see how well she did.

Mindee--Ahhh, projects! I loved seeing all of DD's projects she brought home. I have totes of her stuff. I know I should really weed through them and toss some stuff, but I don't want to! It's my "scrapbook" of DD's schooling!

Francie--Big hugs to you! I also know several women who have this, one gal I work with. It could be a woman thing w/the "feeling a presence" thing. My DD "spoke" to her uncle when she was 3. Scared the dickens out of me!!

Trish--Have a wonderful time! And check in once you get back! Vacation is where you spend time to get away from it all!! Just tell us all about it when you get back.

Ellen--Salsa dancing! How fun. I would love to learn. I always thought is was a sexy dance. I would love to take a dance class some day.

Well ladies, I'm doing much better on eating and I'm continuously walking/jogging. Still haven't gotten back into the ab workouts but that'll come soon enough. I've SERIOUSLY need to consider going to the gym again. I would like to pop in during the morning hours and see how busy it is. Or after work and see. I don't like an over crowded gym. But I am paying for it and it's going to waste.

My next plan is to start that darn food journal! Keep talking about it just haven't done it. I think I'll dress one up this weekend. Since all my scrapbooking supplies are out from DD's project. If I plan too much this weekend, nothing will get done! I'm a huge procrastinator, so I should know!

Better get ready for work.

Hugs to you all.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #60  
I was born this way hey!

Just stopping by to say Hi. I'm still feeling down about everything..so ya..I'm gonna go lay down.
Closed Thread