3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Kicking the Fitting (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/136838-kicking-fitting.html)

Michelle125 04-08-2008 02:11 PM

That's a much healthier way of looking at things... not counting calories. It's funny... I was kinda thinking that today as well. Like I just wanted to throw my hands up and be like "I'm sick of thinking about calories all the time!!!!!" Where has it ever gotten us?

Laura, I think I'll try it with you. Although it's so tempting for me to log into Fitday.com and see the numbers on the screen... I'm so analytical like that... but I think I will resist the urge.

Meal #1- 1 slice Ezekiel toast, 1 tsp cream cheese, coffee
Meal #2- Oat muffin (dry), 1 egg
Meal #3- Larabar
Meal #4- turkey slices, lettuce, vinegar
Meal #5- shrimp, garlic, flax pasta

Workout: 60 minutes Platoon; 15 minutes lifting (arms)

Michelle125 04-11-2008 03:41 PM

I'm ready for the weekend! How has everyone's week been? I haven't posted in here all week but I've been chatting up the other threads like a fiend. You guys should see the other threads as well :) I'm participating in the 3FC 5k this weekend!

So, after some scale frustration, I went out and just bought a friggin book on my condition, polycystic ovarian syndrome with insulin resistance. Omg, I've been going about this all wrong! Anyways, I'm now on the diet that is taylored for someone with my condition, The Insulin Resistance Diet. Basically, my body can not metabolize more than 30g of simple carbs (ANY bread, pasta, potatos, etc, whether whole grain or not) per 2 hours, when a normal person's body can. A normal person will eat spaghetti and their body will burn it off, and I will eat spaghetti and gain a pound instantly. So unfair! Anyways, I just have to absolutely eat protein with every carb, and that should fix my body permenantly.

Workouts:
Tomorrow morning is riding at 8am, then Sunday I'm running the 3FC 5k! You guys should sign up! They'll give you a number! Just run it on your own (or with friends), record your results, and post it. I am so excited. I ran 2 miles last week to my surprise, so I know I can a 5k. :D

My 'skinny' 14 jeans are about to fall off my hips. I'm lovin this. Just want the scale to reflect how I'm looking!

Have a great weekend!

LauraBri27 04-12-2008 01:40 PM

No exciting plans for the weekend. I'm kind of drug out today. My time of the month. Tried to go to curves yesterday but forgot it closes early on Fridays, was going to go this morning but had a really rough night, was up till 4am. I have trouble sleeping sometimes. I'll do the nordic track and use the bowflex today to make up for yesterday and this morning. Starting Monday I'm sticking to a workout schedule:
Definite - Curves M/W/F
Possible - Curves Saturday, Treadmill in between curves days

Diet's mostly been made up of whole wheat raising cinnamon bread for breakfast, tuna on rye for lunch and different stuff for dinner: WW's macaroni, ham sandwich on dark pumpernicle bread (no cheese) homemade veggie pizza. Snacks: granola bars, mandarin oranges, apples, small amount of light ice cream. That's about it. Have a good weekend everybody.

Michelle125 04-14-2008 03:21 PM

Well, this weekend was both successful and a wash out! Friday was great and I ate well- splurged and got chinese food! Steamed scallops, lobster, crab, and shrimp with veggies and garlic sauce, and one eggroll. Gave Patrick the rice! So yummy!

Saturday-
B~ 2 slices Ezekiel bread, egg whites, lite cheese, turkey, broccoli
L~ 1 slice pepperoni pizza, skipped crust
S~ 1 cup blueberries
(Here's where it gets bad!! But fun!!)
Girls' night out in Philly:
D~ 2 glasses white wine, wheat pasta dinner with pine nuts, olive oil, and mushrooms, 2 slices white italian bread
Bars: 2 mojitos, 1 cosmo, 1 mangotini
2a.m.~ 1/2 box of mac and cheese

Sunday:
woke up sooo hungover
B~ other 1/2 box of mac and cheese
L~ Ruby's Diner: 1 vanilla milk shake, 1 grilled cheese with fries
D~ lite popcorn, black licorice, another 1/2 box of mac and cheese, water

And this morning my pants are falling off my hips, AND I didn't gain any weight! I seriously lucked out... I ate so bad on Sunday b/c my body was totally messed up from the drinking on Saturday. I didn't crawl out of bed til 3pm! I am NOT going over 3 drinks when I go out anymore- it just feels like total crap, and I wasn't even drunk!!!! I hardly ever drink anymore but that one night could have set me back a few pounds- good thing it didn't. My tummy actually looks really flat today, lol.

Today:
B~ Ezekiel toast w/ 2tbsps lite cream cheese; Omlette, egg beaters, lite cheese, broccoli
S~ 2 creamers and 2 cups tea
L~ 3 cups salad greens, 3oz turkey breast, 1 lite string cheese, fat free italian dressing
S~ Larabar (chocolate) dipped in 1 plain nonfat yogurt cup

Cals so far today: 870

Workout: 4 hours barn work tonight, tomorrow morning 6am Platoon workout (arm day!)

I think I just gained 5lbs reading about my weekend, lol.