Gettin' my sexy back - March

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi

This is a group for all you ladies out there who want to get their sexy back and make some new friends along the way! So come and join us - don't be coy and wait to be invited - just jump right on in!!

Julie
  • I have been away for a few days so sorry I haven't checked in.

I have eaten like a pig so god knows what I will weigh on Monday. Going to try to be good tomorrow to minimise the damage!

It was worth it though . . .
  • Hi Julia! I was wondering what happened to our group!!
    Anyways I am feeling better these days but will be staying away from laxatives and aspartame for awhile!!

I switched plans and am on Day 3 of the fat smash. I weighed in so I know it is working but I am not going to update my ticker until either Friday or at the end of phase 1. I haven't decided yet.
  • I am SO frustrated! As of this morning I am back to 138.4. I don't know what happened to the two pounds I lost... they found me again.

Ok Robsia... from another conversation I understand that people in England don't have as many vending machines and on-the-go snacks as we have in the U.S. I assume this is part of the problem with finances and weight in the U.S.... but what about "snacking" in general. Do you (and those whose habits you know) eat snacks and desserts through the day?

I know my problem... I am eating what's available in my home... I have $15 left in grocery money for the week, and it's spoken for by tomorrow's milk delivery. I have made it a point to limit what comes in, so then I start making fresh bread (which I will eat an entire loaf, given the opportunity)... rather than store bought which I won't eat. I am going to start making my own English muffins (they make great mini pizzas)... SEE... it's the fresh bread... that's MY problem. :-P

I *did* go roller skating on Sunday though, but I haven't been walking my treadmill. I need more accountability! It doesn't help that my dear husband goes out to the store to buy junk food because he was craving it... sigh.

Sorry for rambling. I need to get moving!
    Stacey
  • Well, I can only speak for myself really. Given half a chance I'd snack all day, but I know if I do that I end up like a beached whale.

Since I've been dieting I try to keep healthy snacks in the house so if I do feel like nibbling it doesn't hurt. So there is a big bunch of grapes always in the fridge and in the evenings I'll have a handful of dry cereal to eat in front of the TV.

One of my favourite snacks is Cadbury's low fat chocolate mousses - they are only 60 calories each.

When I'm at work I don't snack in the day at all. But now I'm on maternity leave it's harder.
  • Well, I'm amazed!!

Before we went to London I was 162.2.

When we got back , these have been my weights since Monday:
    Mon: 166.4
    Tue: 163.6
    Wed: 161.6
    Thu: 160.7

So, amazingly, even after a week of eating like a total pig, I have still managed to actually lose weight overall! And have lost nearly 6 pounds in three days!!!

I expect some of that 166.4 was food still in my system from my week of pigging out, but still!
  • Aqua maybe it is just water?

Do you have a recipe for english muffins? I also make my own bread. Itused to be my downfall but I just stopped eating it altogether because I found if I had a small piece I woudl have another and another. The other thing you might try is making wholewheat. It helps me toofold. It is healtheier and I am less likely to eat 2 slices of wholewgeat ...to me it isn't as tasty as white.

Robsia those cadbury mousses sound good I hope we get them in Canada soon! on the loss that is awesome!!

As fo me I am on Day 7 of Fat Smash and am averaging a pound a day.
  • Hello ladies!

I posted a few days ago but for some reason I guess it didn't go through I am sorry I've been MIA, it seems that my family was taking turns in getting sick All better now (I hope I don't jinx it ) and ready to get back on track! Can't type much now with my toddlet on my lap, will try later
  • here I am

I gained back a few pounds, hopefully it's water retention! I've divided my weight loss in 3 stages and right now I will concentrate only on my 1st goal, getting down to 183. For that reason, I'm trying to decide on my reward for getting there (what can I say, I respond well to carrots ) and I'm having a hard time. I was thinking of a piece of jewellery, nothing huge, but something special, maybe unusual, so I can remember how far I've come every time I look at it and wear it

I was thinking of this:
    http://www.satyajewelry.com/catalog/..._id=162&page=1

or this
    http://www.satyajewelry.com/catalog/...436ce39bc6633b

maybe paired up with a spa treatment. what do you think? I could use some input. I want something that will motivate me but not so big that I lose sight of the big picture.
  • I like the first one best!! Good luck on your goals! Personnally I give myself rewards after every 5 lbs. I need to or I will lose motivation. I need to always have something i am working for especially when TOM rears it's ugly head!! So I find that at 5 lbs it works well.
  • Thanks 2B2! I'll probaly get one of those necklaces or a bracelet from the same line. Or maybe both, and forego the spa treatment.

What kind of rewards do you give yourself? I was thinking of doing something every 10 pounds and then a bigger one for my goal but I prefer to "save" my reward points, so to speak :-) Also, dh promised me a shopping spree in NYC when I get to my gaol weight so I don't want to overdo it - I prefer to keep dangling that carrot in front of my nose

Robsia, may I ask where in England you live? I went to England only once, for a weekend (we lived in Switzerland so it was a short flight), I only saw a part of Sussex, around East Grinstead etc, and then went to London for an afternoon, to shop. I loved it. People are so nice! I would love to do a brief stint in England after this International Assignment is over, before we return to Switzerland. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be positions available then! I love love love Accessorize, they don't have any here, I miss it! They have several ones in and around Zurich now, probably because there are so many British people living and working in Switzerland. I also really like Dorothy Perkins and Monsoon (but then, Accessorize is part of Monsoon).

Alright, enough blabbering Elisa I have to go clean the house! We are going out tonight and the house is still in shambles from when we were all sick - the babysitter will run away screaming if I don't clean up!

Have a lovely day everyone!
  • I prefer the second necklace, but I always prefer reds and purples to blue.

I live in Blackpool, which is on the NW coast. I love the clothes at Monsoon but they are so damned expensive! I wish I could afford to shop there.

I like Warehouse too - they have nice stuff.
  • Yay - hit the 150s this morning - just!! 159.6!
  • go Robsia! Congrats on hitting the 150s!!
  • Fitmom
    I found for myself, in the past if the rewards were set too far apart I would jsut give up and regain . So for me I give myself something every 5 pounds and at the end I am planning to do an inexpensive shopping spree. I am trying not to buy any clothes until I hit goal.

The rewards I have gotten so far are a manicure, pedicure, new book, purse, $50 gift certificate to my fave store and now I am working towards shoes. I have all my rewards planned out but sometimes I switch them around if I decide I want soemthing more now or need it.

Elisa are you living in the states but really from switzerland? I spent New Years in switzerland once and loved it. We were in Zurich. What language do you speak? also how many kids do you have? How was your night out?

Robsia are there cheap places to shop in England? I found the whole place very expensive!! on your loss!!