Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 PM   #61  
GmaTo8

I'm back,

Francie - my nephew and I were just talking about Wiis yesterday. He said our Kmart had 6 of them for about 20 minutes. Luckily, he got one.

Ellen - good luck with the pg test!

Cristina - I am behind in my laundry and ironing both. It never ends!

Trish - I'm so glad you found it! It's funny that most walmarts are laid out the same way. Glad I was able to help. Thank goodness for cell phones, right? I'm so proud of your progress so far.

Neal needs me .... see you tomorrow!

Last edited by Jane; 03-06-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #62  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Up for a little while chatting with Charlotte so thought I would drop by and say Hi.

Jane...hope Neal is feeling a little better. And yes, the laundry never ends!

Trish... I did WW a while back and still when I get certain foods the points are in the back of my mind, lol. I think once you get used to it it is always there. You are doing GREAT!

Hi to everyone else, see ya tomorrow
Old 03-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #63  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing really new on this end....just putzing around online and then off to the shower and off to bed.

Francie~ I am a secret listener as well. In fact, if you have myspace, I am on there. I have some secret bopper music on there. I still have some more groups that I want to go through first.....but I love the Perfect Fan. Good luck with finding a Wii! Tommy wants to get one because of the bowling game on it! I will look into getting the DDR if we can ever find a Wii around us!

Jane~ We haven't really gone out to play in it yet because Brandon still has the tale end of his cough. So, once that is gone, then we will go out and play in it. But by the time we will get out there, it will be nothing but mud! The weather has been so strange lately that we got a crap load of snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, and now it is melting away!

Ellen~ I hope you can get an answer either way soon! I hate when TOM is late and then spending the money on tests just to see a negative. Then I relax enough since I saw the negative, and I get TOM in a day or two.

Cristina~ It did take him forever to get him. But seeing how badly it was snowing by us I knew it would take him a while to get home. I just didn't think that it would take him almost two hours! He had to drive all the way around our complex just to pull back in and park again! We had so much snow, that the company that came to plow the sidewalks broke two of their snow blowers! We are loving the new van! My favorite thing about it......space between Logan and Marissa! When they were side by side in the old van, Logan would constantly pester her and take her doll! Now, there is space in between them that we don't have to worry about it. The other thing that I like about it is the dutch doors on the back!

Trish~ I always worry about him when he has to drive in snow, or any kind of bad weather for that matter. I used to worry myself sick when we lived up north and he had to drive home in bad weather. The winters were the worst when we lived up north! I used to always say a prayer before I went to sleep that he would make it home safe and sound. The ditches on the sides of the roads used to scare the crap out of me!

hello to every one else....I am making this short since I need to head to bed like asap! I hope you all have a great friday and a great weekend!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #64  
One day at a time

Howdy ladies!

Hoping all is well with everyone.

MINDEE...always better to be safe than sorry for sure. Sounds like the van is serving you guys well...sounds nice. I actually miss having a mini-van...I had four, just a lot of room even if I didn't need it all, lol. I forgot to ask, what book are you reading? I was hoping to get some reading done last night but we watched a movie instead...16 Blocks...was pretty good. Gotta get back to my reading! Thank you for the suggestion of the song...took me forever to find it...it's called The Perfect Fan and I was looking for The Biggest Fan, lol. I love the words...they fit perfectly but...I don't think Josh will like it and I didn't care much for the sound...now if I could take those words and put it to a different beat with someone else singing it would be perfect, lol!

Nothing much going on today. Charlotte is coming over later so I can show here the little bags I bought at Michael's for the kisses, hope they will work, if not no big deal. They will work, just may not be what she wants. Then going to let her smell the wedding day scented candles...even though they retired the scent, apparently for the wedding season they have brought it back so ordered 100 of them and they were shipped yesterday. She liked the idea they are called wedding day so I don't think it matters what they smell like, lol.

Anywho...got in 45 minutes of exercise before heading to run a couple of errands. Getting ready to do another 15 and then will do 30 after Jeopardy this evening. I am getting back on my schedule of getting up early and spreading my exercise out again. For a while there I was doing it all at once and it seemed too much for me. I feel better when I do it either 2 or 3 times a day plus I get things done in between. So...now to get back on track with the food. I don't think I did too bad this week but we did go out Monday, and then Wednesday I did the fast food thing while looking for a dress.

Take care ladies, and have a great day!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #65  

Height: 5'1"

A quick hello to everyone!

It's finally Friday. It's about time. This week flew by, but the days just dragged! Is it time for me to retire yet so I can just stay home and enjoy the days???.....................didn't think so but I can wish.

Still walking each night and eating better. Trying to be more disciplined with myself.

Picking up DD and her friend tonight after work. Not a lot planned this weekend, just going to visit my sister in her new house.

I think I'm catching the cold the everyone I work with has caught......don't want it and I'm trying to avoid it, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Better scoot myself and get ready for work. You all have a great day!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #66  
One day at a time

Hiya Marti...

Bet your sis is loving her new house! WTG on the eating and exercising! Enjoy your weekend with the girls!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #67  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Jane~Ah man, Kmart had them?? That is like the one store we dont go to!! Grrrr!! LoL!!

Mindee~I had a bunch of teeny bopper songs on myspace. But I took them down months ago, lol. My friends were LOVING them!! I had BSB, Nsync, 5ive, No Authority, The Jackson 5, New Edition, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc. Right now my song on there is Britney Spears, lol. What can I say..I love her new album!! I work out to it all the time. OMG!! We want that bowling game too!!! How funny!!! LoL!! Theres also another game I want, I think its like bust a move..I dunno what its called, but its another dancing game. I dunno why the Wii is so hard to find. I had no trouble getting the Xbox360. I can even buy the effin PS3 if I wanted. But not the Wii!! Grrrrr!! Even the used ones are sold out. On Amazon, you can buy it for close to 300 dollars!! I bought the Xbox360 for less than that from Amazon. Lame!!

OMG!! I have the best news ever!!! My friend Heather eloped yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've been friends for 9 years, so she's one of my oldest friends. But YAY for her!! LoL!!

Okay..I have a ton of pics to scan for my friend..so bbl!!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Hey everyone.

Well, day 6 of South Beach and so far, so good. I've lost about 3.5 pounds and my cravings have gone waaaaay down. I haven't exercised as much as I would like (which would be daily), but there just isn't time some days.

I'm hoping by Sunday morning that the fourth pound will be gone.

We're getting hit by a big snowstorm this weekend, so might not have to do all that running on Saturdays that we normally do with the kids. Although, my BIL and SIL are possibly moving tomorrow??? That would not be fun.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #69  

Height: 5'5"

OK ladies, one last post b4 I dismanlte everything. Have to move out both comp and all the furniture form the back (dinning/comp room) then will start pulling pu the rest of the carpet. DH and I are going to run to the store tonight to get the new flooring so we can put it in this weekend. So tired this morning...but I did stay up way too late helping DH make a network cable. Will eat,have some coffe and get moving that always works! Hoping to go to the gym Sat and Sun, but will see how it goes. (hugs) to all, will try to post b4 and after if I can

Enjoy your weekends!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #70  

hello fair ladies on this fine Friday!

today has been a very productive day for me so far and I am not stopping now! right now, all three kids are taking naps....so I am enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasts!

we are doing Chinese for dinner.....home style as Tommy called it. He is going to stop by the store and pick up some side items to go with it. But we are going to have chicken fried rice, some kind of Asian style noodles....and he mumbled something else but I didn't hear him because I was dealing with an unruly Brandon!

Cristina~ Like I mentioned in the other post, try having him listen to it without telling him who it is. or send him the lyrics and don't tell him who it is. But then again, if you are picking the song that you will dance to, then pick which one you want. I was reading the book "Brink of Death" by Brandilynn Collins. But I finished it the other day.....and now I am waiting for the sequel to it, if I can find it anywhere.

Marti~ WTG on the exercising and eating right!! I bet your sister loves her new house!

Francie~ I sent you a friend request on there....I have a ton of songs (and even some of those artists' cds). Like I mentioned to Cristina, my hubby and his mom danced to BSB when we got married. I will have to look around here to see if there are any around us! I love any thing that will get me moving and sweating. So, I am sure that we will be getting the DDR, bowling and the other dance one.....when we win the lottery so that we can afford a Wii! My mom bought a Wii, from Ebay I believe, and spent a little over $400 for it. But because it was so much, she got to pick out an extra game with it. I know that seems much....but I believe that included shipping and all that along with the Wii, the controllers and the games. That is great news about your friend!!!

Krystal~ That is great news on the weight loss! Speaking of SB, I just had one of the pepperoni pizzas for lunch. I am still at a toss up if I want to do SB or if I want to do WW. I do however have information on both, so I will go over both with a fine tooth comb and see which one I end up with. Good luck getting to 4 pounds gone on Sunday!

Ellen~ Good luck with all the carpet pulling and tile laying! you have been one busy women with all the home repairs that you have been doing!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:28 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies

I had the best tasting breakfast this morning. Thought I would share it. I call it
Chocalate Walnut Oatmeal. I used 1 serving of oatmeal (I like old fashioned and make it in microwave using amount of water & timing for consistency I prefer). I added 1/2 T each of walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Total 4 pts and delicious. MUFA breakfast. I had mine with WW Amaretto yogurt and a cup of coffee.

For dinner I plan to have a pizza made with 1 WW tortilla, 1/4 c pizza sauce, 1/3 c lowfat shredded mozzarella cheese topped with 8 black olive slices. 5 pts.

I read today on a newsletter I get by e-mail and they said that brown rice is the best way to build our bones ladies. So I am going to have to learn to eat at least 1/2 c a day. I thought that maybe on days when I don't plan a meal with it like today, I can make Jane's 0 pt soup and add 1/2 c of the brown rice to it for a meal or snack.

DH is trying to talk himself into or out of going to Charlotte, NC. We are having a rainy day, but it looks like it might be over. So I don't know what we are doing for the rest of the day.

Hope everybody is doing good and staying dry and warm.

Hugs,
Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 03-07-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #72  
I was born this way hey!

Dh & I were emailing back & forth..and when he gets home today, we're gonna walk up this really steep hill and up some stairs, walk to the Nex, and circle around and go back the same way. I hate walking up that hill..but I'm gonna try to do it 2x a week, and slowly build up to every day. Wish me luck!!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #73  

well.....the rest of the day went very well!

we had dinner and then the kids were all pooped!

I had a little scare this afternoon. I put Marissa down for her nap after she ate some solids at lunch time. I laid her down, and she proceeded to play and then she started crying. I went in to check on her, and well....needless to say, she only has blankets in her crib now! she did have some stuffed animals in her bed (I know I know.....she isn't suppose to), until this afternoon when she decided to pull the tag off her beanie baby bunny......and of course she put it in her mouth! I had to literally hold her hands down with one hand and sweep my finger from side to side (avoiding her teeth) to get it out. every time she would get mad at me and cry, the tag would slip away....so I would have to push my finger back in and sweep it out in order to get it out. I was all set to grab her and run to the office to get some help......but I was able to get it out far enough that I could grab it.

Trish~ I love eating brown rice....I just need to eat more of it! I did however have some for dinner on Friday night!

Francie~ That is great on the new workout! I want to get back into the habit of walking again at night......but two things need to happen.....mainly the weather needs to get nicer! and the other thing is I need to make sure that the kids won't wake up while I walk around the complex.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:58 AM   #74  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~Omg!! Thank God Marissa is okay!! That is scary!!

Well..we went on our walk..but had to cut it short, because I got sick from drinking too much water way too fast. Dh had to get the car cuz I threw it all up in the bushes. So we ended up driving back home..lol. I seriously dont know what happened, it was just so weird. I feel better now though =D
Old 03-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #75  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

TRISH...the oatmeal sounds good even though I am not a fan of nuts in cereal, or choc...may have to try it. Sounds like you are doing great with WW! I know I should be eatin brown rice but not a big fan of it. I will eat it though, but I mix it with the white...probably defeats the purpose, lol.

MINDEE...omgoodness! Glad you got to Marissa when you did! That would scare me too! When I glance thru your post at first I saw "the kids had dinner and then pooped" I thought, okay, that's nice to know, lol.

FRANCIE...hope you are feeling better now. That is weird, maybe you just over did it?

Nothing much going on today...laundry, exercise, reading and computer time. Not necessarily in that order, lol but getting it done. Cooking some pinto beans for a pot of chili for dinner later. Just sounded really good on this cold day. The sun is shining now but the wind is making it cold.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Closed Thread