Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Am I the only one left?

Am I the only one left of the Thin Wannabee's?

Missing everyone. Hope you all come back soon.

Kim
Old 07-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #17  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Where is everybody!

Hi all,
Where are all the Wannabee's???????? Is it just me and Kim? I sure hope not!

Kim-Wow that is so great that you and Hannah got to go to the Josh Turner Fan Club Party and meet her idol. What a treat for Hannah I would say. So you like Trace Atkins? I saw him on Celebrity Apprentice and I thought her was a real gentleman and wanted him to win so bad, but that stupid conceited Pierce Morgan won instead. Sorry you have been laid off and had been sick. I hope you are all better now and doing well. Are you back to work now? I hope you are.

Boy Kim, Columbus was really affected by the flood. The night we got home from New Orleans for a family reunion we managed to get home by going around the flooded streets. Our neighborhood was a mess and was badly flooded and almost all of the houses here were flooded really bad, some with 8feet of water in their basement, up to their top kitchen step, others with no basements got flooded in their homes. The neighborhood just in back of us, they had to evacuate people by boat, it was so bad. But you know our house did not have a drop of water either in the basement or in our house, as did maybe 12 homes down the block, all higher up. Everyone said our house sit a bit higher and our basement was built higher up as well, they all said they could see it when they walked by. God was good to us, but so many others had terrible loses. The governor made our county an emergency county and FEMA came in and the Red Cross so help those displaces that had lost their homes. So many homes got water so bad, the homes had to be completely gutted or even torn down. So we tried to help, went to the Red Cross and asked what they needed and helped some neighbor on our street, whose houses were safe, and they started feeding people every lunch and dinner. It is such an eye opener to see what others lost and feel so grateful for what we have. All of this really teaches us what is inportant in life and what we have to be thankful for.

Has everyone deserted us? Well not me or Kim either. LOL I will come back and post later, I have to go to a play, it's in our town by our local theater players and is called High School Musical. Should be fun, I am going with a couple of friends of mine.

OK, will come back later and fill you all in as to what else has been going in.

Talk to you later, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 07-13-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #18  

Hi Sharon!

It's so good to hear from you. I am glad you made it out of the flooding safe and sound. When Hannah and I were coming home from Tennessee, most of the waters were down some around Columbus, but we could still see how high all the water was, and there was still an awful lot of water around. Looked like lakes everywhere. Things like this do make me stop and count my blessings. I'm grateful that I didn't have to try and rush home to go back to work. We were able to extend our vacation to stay out of the areas that were flooded. Didn't need to be trying to get home and risk getting hurt.

Have you talked to CJ any? How is she doing?

I can't believe how quiet it's gotten around here at the Thin Wannabee's.

I'll post more later, when I have the time. I just came here to see if there were any new posts, and then I got to get busy on some schoolwork that is due tonight.

Kim
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 AM   #19  

Hi Kim,
Glad you posted again.

I guess by the time you came back from Tennessee I-65 was reopened. It was closed for a few days because it was flooded.

I haven't talked to CJ lately, but we are long overdue for a phone call, so hopefully it will be soon. Did you hear that CJ? Where are you? Come on back and post with us, we miss you. Sylvia where are you too, Rena?? Come on back Where is everyone else too? Kim and I are getting lonely in here all by ourselves.

Any newbies feel free to post as well, we are a very friendly group and would welcome you with open arms. Anyone who would like a home, this groups for you.

OK, talk to you later, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 07-14-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #20  
Long Lost Chickie

Default But it's July!

Hi Kim and Sharon! Remember me? I actually have come in here a time or two and was waiting (im)patiently for the Thin Wannabee's "current" month thread!! It still says Mar/Apr for cryin' in a bucket! But I've been waiting since early June and I just can't be waitin' no more!

Anyway, I wanted to say hello. I have absolutely no idea where my life was last time I posted here. I'm still madly in love with my roomie, Rich, and we're engaged. I'm wearing the diamond ring his dad gave his mom when then got engaged and she wore for 50+ years until his dad passed away about 2 years ago. No wedding date set but we talk about it every now and then.

Meanwhile, my weight loss efforts have been up and down at best. Sometimes I go gung-ho and other times ... well.... Not so much. These past 2 weeks, my dad's been in intensive care in the hospital and I've been dividing my time between work, home and mom's place. It's been stressful and I alternate between no appetite and eating everything I can get my grubby hands on.

Anyway, that's my life in quite the little nutshell. I really hope to be able to come in here more often now and catch up with both of you ... ahem ... AND ALL THE OTHER THIN WANNABEES!!!! There. Maybe that'll get 'em. Be back here or (hopefully) on a Jul/Aug thread soon.

Nice to see you again!
Jo.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #21  

Talking Jello's Back!!!!!

Hey Jello! It's so good to hear from you. I have been thinking about you alot the last few weeks, wondering where you were, how you were doing, etc. etc.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him, you, and your family in my prayers.

I remember Rich. I'm glad you two are doing so wonderful and are happy together.

In a quick nutshell, I am divorced. Been separated 2 years and the divorce was final in March. My beautiful Hannah is 8 1/2, will be 9 in Sept. She will be starting the third grade in a few weeks.

I understand the weight stuff. I lost about 40 pounds over a year ago and it found me again. All but a few pounds. Actually, I became ill and lost about 20 from it and decided to keep going. I joined WW and it helped me to loose the other 20. Then I coudn't afford to go, totally went off the program and here I am again.

I can come up with a million reasons why I'm not doing so well with the weight right now. I am OP for a few days, then something happens, and go crazy with the food. I loose a couple pounds, and put it back on. It stinks. Today, I was determined worrying about my weight is over. I don't care if I loose it or not, I'm tired of trying. But today and the last few weeks has been a very emotional roller coaster for me, and I always turn to food. Plus, I think I'm trying to do this for everyone else, and not me. Maybe if I just give myself a break for a couple days from worrying about my weight, then come back to it with a positive attitude, I will actually do something about it. I need to do this for me, not everyone else.

Anyway, I am so happy your back. I don't know what happened to everyone else. Haven't seen CJ around these parts for ages. Sharon (Sassy) has posted twice the last couple days after being gone for awhile. But that is understandable with all the flooding that happened where she lived. I just hope everything is okay with CJ. Sharon said she was long over due to give CJ a ring, so hopefully we will hear something soon.

Welcome Back!!!! Hope you post again soon!!!

Kim
Old 07-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #22  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Aw shucks!

Gee Kim, no one's ever cheered when I arrived anywhere! LOL Nice to see you here. Hope to see others soon too.

I can't believe Hannah's almost 9 already! Just how long was I gone!?! BTW, what date is her b-day in September? The best of us were born in September!

I hear you on the divorce front. My ex and I were at each other for 2-1/2 years. But it's been final - and blissful - for almost 7 years now. I'm also with you on the weight loss. I have the bad habit of joining WW, doing great for a while, falling off the wagon, getting back on, quitting WW, yo-yo'ing for a while, rejoining WW, etc. etc. One of these days, I'll get it right. :buttkick:

Thanks for the good thoughts for my dad. I've been working during the week, calling mom each night for updates, and then spending each weekend in mom's spare room or on the sofa or whatever corner hasn't been claimed by someone else. It's a 50 mile trip - not too bad but still too far away at times like these and takes 2 hours during Friday evening rush hour. Yuck.

Well anyway, it's nice to be back here and talk to you again. Hopefully, CJ will come out of the woodwork and Sharon (and others) will be back again soon. I miss all you guys and promise to write again. Maybe we can start a new Wannabees thread with a more current date - or maybe no date at all.

See? Jo's back and she's taking over! Talk to you soon!
Jo.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:31 AM   #23  

Default OK starting a new thread!

Hey Jo, you talked me into it. I agree with you that the old thread is getting pretty old with the April/May thread, and since it is now more than half way through July we need to start a new thread so now we have our Thin Wannabee's #1 for a new start with our wonderful group. So come on over and post and you will get a big warm wellcome Jo when you go there, Jo and you have a big welcome waiting for you when you go here. Don't worry Kim, I am back and are glad you are here too. Now if we can just get some others back. This means you too CJ, come on back and let us now how you are doing and everyone else as well.

Go to A Fresh Start, Thin Wannabee's, A New Start!

Sassy Sharon
Old 07-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #24  

Height: 5'1"

Closing this thread for you.

Here is your new one:

Fresh Start
Closed Thread