Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #46  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, the IEP went exceptionally well!! Me and Tommy are extremely pleased with everything! his teacher and his speech therapist are great! they even do OT (occupational therapy) in the room with all the kids, twice a month. Both the goals for the teacher and the speech therapist, are dead on and they are excited to meet Brandon and get it all started! They have his start date as Monday the 25th, but they said that it usually takes transportation five school days to get him fitted into the route. But they will call me and let me know what time to have him ready for the bus. He is in the morning class, and like I mentioned before, they can't wait to meet him! His teacher was telling us about some upcoming field trips that she is planning. One is to take the kids to the zoo in the spring time and the other one is to take them bumper bowling in April. The zoo trip, they will be not riding a bus, but the parents will be transporting so that the parents get one on one time with them. (Tommy is excited about that trip)

His teacher did say that if we want to send a snack in for his birthday that she prefers that it isn't the store bought cupcakes with an inch of icing on them. She did say that the first thing she does with the kids when they get off the bus, is they all take turns going into the bathroom and using the toilet. (So that is a BIG time bonus!) The teacher sends home a Monday folder with basically what the weeks plans are, but she also will send home a daily note to let us know what he did while he was there, so that it will help us in asking him questions about what he did. But she said that we will need to send in some pull-ups, wipes (for him), wipes (for the classroom), money for snacks, money for milk, extra clothes, and I think that was it. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday is regular milk during snack time. Wednesday is juice during snack time, and Friday is always chocolate milk during snack time!

Marissa is doing better.....somewhat. She has now started with a runny nose and she got up from her nap and was saying "owwwwww" when I laid her on the floor so I could get diapers. So, we are going to take her into prompt care so that we can make sure that it hasn't progressed into something more then Croup.

oh yeah....Tommy went to a meeting at the temp agency that he is going through, and they informed him that the company that he was working out, got rid of all the temp agency employees. So, he has to call back on Monday, and they will try and get him back into a place that he was working at before. The company didn't even give the two ladies in charge at the temp agency a reason for getting rid of them! So, now let's just hope that court goes great on Monday!!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #47  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Gurls

Hi Girls.

Here I am. I just haven't felt up to posting..........Work was busy this week and I am just glad to have time off again! lol. We got all that nasty snow and ice here. Then on Monday its supposed to be 45? I think Mother Nature is totally hormonal. lol.

Nothing much going on here. I splurged yesterday for one meal w/ DH since Thursdays are our only day off together. Then I got right back op. I still have not exercised.........I know bad Sassy. lol. Just can't get the energy up to do it!! lol.

Sue -- I hear you about steroids!! My dr put me on those for my back and man oh man I ate about everything in site!!! lol. Everybody at work is so sick too, it is so bad, so far, DH & I have managed somehow to not get sick, at least as sick as everybody else has been, we have had a few sneezes, aches, and felt just icky, but nothing like what you and everybody else at work has.

Jane -- Big I am keeping Neal in my thoughts and prayers. I can totally sympathize with back pain, it is definitely not fun at all. So my heart goes out to him.

Marti -- Have fun and Enjoy!!!

Mindee -- Glad things went well and glad Marissa is feeling better, hope things go well for Tommy.

Francie -- take care. DH said that their power at work has been flickering . Our work has a generator, but it doesn't always work right.......

DH & I rented The Brave One w/ Jodie Foster lastnight, it was really good!!!

Very Weird. I just now got online and signed into messenger, DH messages me saying "finally. r u ok?" I am like, yeah. He has been trying to call me for several hrs. So I look at my phone, sure enough I have 4 VM's from DH. I checked my phone as soon as I got up about 6:30 or so. After DH IM'd me and I checked my phone, I noticed little Zzz's by my ringer. It was on silent mode!! I do not know how that happened because on my phone, to change the ringer, you have to hit not one button, but two on the side of the phone at different times and when you hit the one, it makes a noise, so I would have heard it if I had accidentally hit it. Also I've had this phone for at least a year now and this has never happened before and I keep my phone in my purse when I go out and I put it in my pocket when I am walking around the house, then I take it out, so if it was going to happen, it would have happened before and it never has. Very strange. But DH was flipping out cuz he couldn't get a hold of me. He said he was almost ready to drive home to check on me. lol.

He said the roads are horrible, all ice. One county that is close to ours is on Level 3, which means the city is shut down, only emergency vehicles are allowed. I told DH if work offers hotel rooms, take one. No since in him being out in that if he doesn't have to be.

Big take care out there everybody!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #48  

Sassy~ I hope that your hubby doesn't have to try and venture out in the yucky icy weather!
Old 02-23-2008, 02:29 AM   #49  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Sue-Lately, its been really warm and hasnt been raining where I live. Thats why I was so surpised to go outside and see it raining. The last couple of times I've gone out at night, I didnt need to wear a sweatshirt because it hasnt been that cold.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #50  
~Believe~

Cool Its me again...........

Hello...........

Well I did it! I exercised!! To some CRAZY woman, who concentrates on Abs -- which I desperately need, not just for looks, but to help with my back problems. This lady is freaking crazy, you should have seen me and what I was doing!! She has you on all fours on the floor and take one arm and hold it in front of you and the opposite leg out and then bring them in. I was like "WHAT?" I did it but I know my cat was looking at me like, "What the he** is she doing?" lol. I couldn't do it all but I did most of it. Felt better afterwards.

On our cable we have these Exercise on Demands, where you can watch Exercise programs and pause and stop and rewind just like a video or dvd and they are all free (with our cable service) so there are lots to choose from. I may try a cardio tomorrow!!!

Go ME!!!

Did you ever wonder why nasty mean people's lives are so easy and why good decent people have to struggle? Just was thinking about it and it is true. Good hard working people get crap and the nasty mean people get everything they want. Just irks me.

Anywho............

Just some thoughts.....

Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #51  

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies!!! DH let me sleep in, and boy did I sleep! I had a lot of heart burn last night, so I did not sleep well. I Am feeling better, I gave myself the rest of the week off from the gym, but I think I will go today...could definitely use a walk on the treadmill. Hoping spring will come soon...the girls were out in the yard yesterday, and they came running in saying that there was ice under the snow! They thought it was so cool...I knew about it because a part of our yard dips, and it always gets water/ice. But they were so funny sstrying to "skate" on it!!! Well, have to running and get my day started. HAve a great weekend all!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quick fly by again, Ladies

Jane - You and DH still in my thoughts and prayers.

Mindee - Sounds like things are going to be good for Brandon. I'm glad Marissa is doing better and I pray she is on the mend. Hope all goes well for Tommy job wise and in court Monday. You kids have been through so much.

Sassy - Wierd about the phone. You and DH stay warm and safe in the weather.

Ellen - Glad you got some much needed rest. Glad your girls enjoyed the snow. So cute to watch kids learn or discover new things to them.

Marti, Francie, Jules, Sue, Tammy and any one else I missed hope you are all doing well and staying warm.

I talked to my Daddy last night. He sounded good. My (step)Mom is in the rehab center now. I talked to her for a few minutes and she sounded great. She has such a great attitude and she is a fighter. I think her children are going to be better too. She has one daughter who is a trip, but the complaint we have heard in the past was that Daddy had taken her from them. My Daddy has been telling them the past few days how much she needs them and how happy she gets if they just call her and that it is important that they be a part of her life. So I think there can be a lot of healing in their relationships through this as they see Daddy wants them to be in his and her life and he has no desire to isolate them from her. Also Daddy says she is on cumidin (sp) and her blood got too thick. Daddy is going to insist that her blood be checked every two weeks. So good is going to come out of a bad situation. The doctor says it will take 2 weeks for her to learn to walk again and she then she can go home. She told my sister to tell me that she is going home in three days. LOL She will start PT Monday in 2 so I don't think she will go home in 3. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for them.

Everybody have a good week end.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #53  
GmaTo8

Just a quick note to say Neal is much, much better! I'm even going to leave him on his own tomorrow while I go to church. Thank you for all the good wishes. You guys rock!

I'll try to be back later tonight for indies.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:42 AM   #54  
a work in progress

Quick one tonight ladies, I'm beat...thanks for all your kind words and thoughts...

Jane, I'm so glad to hear Neal is doing better! Not sure if I missed it -- did the Dr. say exactly what is wrong with his back? Ruptured disc or something like that?

We got our tax refund, going to pay some extra toward the Master Card since we had unexpected travel expenses. But I finally got a bike! This is the model I selected, it's really pretty:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true

Hope that link works. I had to get a model with a coaster brake instead of a hand brake because my grip strength in my hand isn't reliable anymore since my injury.

We had fun at Disneyland; Tali was thrilled to meet the princesses and all of the other characters I will miss the girls, but I'm also glad not to have the responsibility of babysitting all of the time anymore.

OK, I'm exhausted and must get some sleep...
Old 02-24-2008, 02:04 AM   #55  

well, it seems like when it rains it pours. now all three kids seem to be sick. so since we have court on Monday morning, I am going to try and get them into the pediatrician's office on Monday so that we know exactly what we are dealing with AND so that I can make sure that Brandon isn't sick for his first day of school!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #56  

Another quick Hello & check in Ladies. We actually got up and went to church this morning and then ate out and went to Home Depot to get some stuff for the guy to do our yard tomorrow. DH mows (riding mower) and trims, but yard need to be arriated (sp), fertilized, seeded and straw over seeding in back yard. Also beds needs pine needles so we are having that done. Maybe I will be up early and get my exercise done hopefully before the guy gets here at 9 am.

Katiecat - I like your bike. I would need a single speed like that myself. I would get one and ride with DH but he is so afraid of me falling and getting hurt.

Jane - So glad Neal is finally feeling better. I pray he will continue improving. Does he still need an MRI?

Mindee - I am so sorry all the children are sick. Hope it isn't anything real bad. Sounds like a really busy Monday. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

I hope everybody else is doing well.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 02-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #57  

Today was my WI day. No weight gain or weight loss. Scales were the same, but thank God for the measuring tape which is encouraging. Lost 2 1/2 inches over all.

I don't think I have ever said that when it all comes down to it I am doing IE with WW Flex. I really didn't plan it. It just fell that way. I figure if I keep doing what I need to do some where along the way the weight has to start coming off. I just refuse to weigh what I do now this time next year.

Trish
Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #58  

nothing really big on this end.....getting ready to watch some Nascar soon! Tommy and Brandon are going to make a run to Wal-Mart for some necessities. Marissa and Logan are sleeping right now....although Tommy just mentioned that Logan was awake, but I don't hear him moving around and making noise.

Trish~ Thanks for the nice words. They are having somewhat of a good day. Brandon's cough is getting deeper as the day goes on, but he isn't coughing/hacking constantly like Marissa and Logan. (of course now that I mentioned everything, Logan is now playing in the bedroom)

I am actually leaning more towards WW points. There is a local branch just around the corner, but for right now, I want to do the plans but right now money isn't an option....so I have a couple of websites that can help me with that.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #59  

we have court in the morning, so we are going to take them hopefully tomorrow afternoon! I am going to mention to them when I call that we had taken Marissa into prompt care Friday night and that we were told to follow up with her pediatrician if she isn't getting better. She isn't getting worse, but she still has her cough and every thing. And now with Logan and Brandon getting whatever she has, I just want to make sure that it isn't something that could turn into some thing worse like pneumonia.

also, while we were watching the Oscars, Marissa was playing around on the floor. she was doing an army crawl, or as I told Tommy, we have an inch worm on our hands! she was so cute! she would lift her butt up and then use her arms to drag herself forward until she was flat on her belly, then lifted her butt just to do it all again.........and she was gaining speed with each attempt at moving! right before we put her to bed, she got on her hands and knees and moved a couple spots and then she laid on her belly to move a scarf that was in her way. so, it won't be that much longer before she is extremely mobile!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:47 AM   #60  
~Believe~

Cool Morning Peeps!! lol

Morning Peeps. lol.

DH made it home just fine. Today is supposed to be a "heatwave" at 45 degrees!! Think its time to break out the shorts??

Ellen -- UGH I can truly sympathize on the heartburn, it definitely stinks!! I am on Nexium and so far that works, but from time to time I have a bad flare up and the only thing I found that gets rid of it when I have one of those is the Mylanta ultimate strength.

Jane -- so glad to hear that Neal is feeling better.

Mindee -- awww the "army crawl" sounds so cute.

Trish -- on the 2 1/2" loss!! I was gonna measure me and I cannot for the life of me find my tape measure!! lol.

Katiecat -- I love the bike!!! Very cute!!! Glad you had fun!!

Take Care all!!!

Closed Thread