Lo-Carb #20 The metal "bump" in the road

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Just a quick note. Seems like my computer time is limited lately.
    DH likes hiw new job. SO alls well in that corner. The drive is killing us both though. SO a move is definately in order. Like I need more stress in my life.

Melody I ma glad your head is better, SOrry about the puppy though.

Sue how are you doing? I haven't seeen any recent posts from you.

Dana, How is teh exercise going?

I am feeling alittle discouraged myself with teh weight thing. Got the winter blahs or something. The scale is back up tp 231. Don't know what the deal is. But it sure is frustrating. UGH!

Well off to the room.

DOn't miss Melody's post on #19
  • Good Morning my fellow weight loss warriors,

All is well here today. My back is feeling better, and the puppy is doing well. I brought him home yesterday, and he had some of his vision back. He seems even better this morning he wasn't bumping into things like he was yesterday. The vet said he was a miracle puppy. It was amazing that he made it, and is doing as well as he is. I think we are going to name him Roscoe. I know that is a weird name, but it seems to fit the little guy.

I am back Op after a slight bump in the road. I stuck to the diet yesterday and plan to again today. I will concentrate on upping my water today.

Will be back working on the house full tilt tonight. We took last night off. BF had a head ache and My back needed the rest. Saturday (moving day) looms on the horizon and the house "ain't" done. I haven't even got to start packing yet. This will be interesting.

Both my boys are sick. Devin woke up with an earache, and Christian has been running a fever since last night. He is complaining that his head hurts. I bet that he has strep. My neice had it last week. The baby is well, but her nose is running green so she will be getting it right behind the boys. I guess I will be in the doctor's office today! Oh Joy!

I get to go pick up my elliptical trainer today. I picked up the check for it yesterday. I don't know when I will have time for BF to put it together though. All we ave been doing is working on the house.

Well ladies, have a great day!
  • My Goodness it sure is quiet around here!!''
    I am still blah. The weatehr is crazy. My sinus' are still not right. And I hate winter.
    Trying to increase my running time on teh treadmill. ANd have started doing teh starirmaster agin. Tryin to boost my fat burning.
    Stilll hanging in between 230 and 231. Got frustarted and still am because I have been wearing the same size since before x-mas. I so want to be wearing a size 20 pants. ( button up ones). I did measure on 2/7 and lost a couple of inches but I am definately not losing fast enough. UGH!!
    Well off to h*** room.

Sue and DANA whats up?

Melody glad everything is better. Sue loves her eliptical trainer. Don't overdo it with the back. You don't want to get sidlined. Hope the kids are better.
  • Hello Girlies!

Where is everyone?????

The boys are both sick. Christian has been diagnosed with the FLU!!!!! (UGh!!! I can't stand to get sick! I have to move this weekend!!!!) Devin has a ear infection in both ears! Christian seemed to be better this AM, but he had just gotten out of bed after sleeping for 12 straight hours. the baby is still holding her own, but her allergies are acting up so it won't be long.

The Puppy continues to get better. This morning he was running around the house trying to chew on everyone's feet! He seems to see pretty well now. We named him Roscoe. My four year old wanted to name him "butthole", but I did not think that was an appropriate name for such a cute puppy.

The house is coming along slowly. I don't know how we are going to get it all done before Saturday. Josh (bf) said he is moving in Friday. He asked if I was going to stay with him that night. I said "no" not without the kids. My Mom has had them for the last two weeks with me working so much, and us working on the house. She needs a break. They wear her out.

Still Op, but my resolve is wavering. I think TOM must be getting close, it always gets hard around this time of the month. I keep visualizing, and all that stuff I was doing to stay Op, but it's not working as well. I really need to find me some chromium.

I will concentrate on drinking 64 ounces of water today. I need to work out, but need to get the house done worse. Maybe by next week, I will be able to start toning this flabby, overweight, body! Josh has a weight set he is bringing with him in the move, we will have a weight Room...OOOHHHHHH! I got my elliptical trainer yesterday. the D@#*n box was so heavy that I almost pulled my back out trying to get it in the cart! Christian had to help me (this was immediately after leaving the Doctor's office), and he was so weak from the flu that I thought he was going to collapse. Devin kept moving the cart, so we wouldn't be able to get it in the cart. He is such a ittle punk sometimes, but aren't most 4 year olds? He thought it was hilarious. C and I were ready to get him! We left him unharmed, but I had to restrain Christian on several occasions. He doesn't understand that it is the little brothers job, to drive the big brother crazy.

I have a reunion this summer. My 10 year. I can not go fat! Must start working harder, must start working harder!

Fralick...Don't let the winter blahs get you down!

Everyone else...Chime in!!!!! We miss you!!!!

Stay OP!!!!
  • A NEW COMPUTER!!!
    HELLO BUDDIES

CAN YOU BELIEVE WE HAVEA NEW COMPUTER!!

I am sooooooo excited! We had to go for a few days without one while the old one was being upgraded....but we are back online! AAAAAAnd.......I can write to you all in color now! Wo ho!

The weekend with my guys at our youngest son's college was wonderful!

I am on plan..getting some exercise .and chugging the water! I hope the metal monster moves this Friday!

Not much time to write as I have alot of computer STUFF to do with getting us all back up again! So hello to you all! I missed you these couple of days!

Dana
    HOPEFUL..back on line.and COLORFUL!

(and I can make smilies again too!
  • Hi ALL,

SUE WHERE ARE YOU? I know I have been out there,in poor me land. But I didn't see you there. I hope all is OK drop a quick line if you can.

I wish I knew what my major malfunction is. I am exercising. The scale does what it wants. I am frustrated and blue. I think I am a bit overwhelmed with all teh changes my household is going thru since I switched jobs. Maybe it's caught up with me. UGH!!

DANA Congrats on the new computer. Girl you sure are colorful!!
    Way to go on the enthusasm.

Melody, Sorry the kids are sick. You will have an extra busy weekend ahead. Don't hurt yourself!

Pam how are you?

Anyone else out there?
  • Happy Valentine's Day Chicks!

I am not Op today. I am very upset with myself. I can't seem to overcome temptation, I very much want to lose weight, but I feel like I am fighting a losing battle. I know that if I could work out, that it would help, but until this house gets done, and we move in and get settled. I do not see it happening. I am behind schedule as it is, and I just do not see how I can get everything done. UGHHHH!!!! I should have took a few days off this week! Too late now though.

Christian is still sick, but feeling better. He did not get to go to school today, so he missed his Valentine's Day Party. He was veryy upset. He missed last years too, because he had Strep throat. Devin seems to be better. He is not complaining of his ear hurting.

Dana....I am so glad you have a new computer! We missed you too.

Fralick...Stress will make you fat. If you are stressed out over the changes in your life, that could be causing your stall. Relax, reevaluate, and keep at it. You will work it out somehow.

SWEET SUE......WHERE ARE YOU???????? I need one of your kicks in the butt. Come on girl! Get on my back! I hope everything is okay with you and DH.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!
  • Hi guys I am here!!! I have been fighting for computer time with DH he found the games on the net and OH boy I can now wait tillhe is gone back to wrk now nest week the kids will be home. I have been doing great with the exercise and eating. till today this is a planned DO from eating DH took me oput for a breakfast and we have boy scout dinner tonight. so that is what i am doing.

I am on the run again so Just had to stop in ans say that i am still alive and thinking of you guys every day!!!!

Dana I am still on your back and on yours too Pat and yours Melody!!! EXERCSIE!!!!

Lee and Terri??? how are you guys doing???

and how about Pam??? how is your back?

Well have boy scout blue and gold tonight and must get ready for that as i am getting the dinner set up. so I am running but my thoughts are with you!!!
  • MELODY you hhave an elliptical trainer????? I am so jelous!!!! (I am Off Program today to so do not feel bad) I had pancakes with syrup!!! and the boys have been stuffing me full with valentines candy kisses and hearts!! TOM is a really hard time for me. some times i just accept that i wll be off program for a few nibbles and all goes much better just try to keep control over the muchies and you will fair much better than if you fight it then go hog wild. Do what i call a controled carb eat. you will feel much better and feel incontrol so it is not as bad getting back OP>

How is the puppy???~~~~~~KICK~~~~~~~ YOu asked for it!!

Pat just hang in there soon it will come off I am having the same problem but have started to see some changes in my size but not on the scale!! I think i will be in a 12 soon!!! WHOOO HOOOO although i am still in the 170 range!!

Dana I can see that youare excited abvout the new puter and your cllors aere just exploding!!! way to go!!!

A few more hors of being off program and then all will be back for me. unfortuanatly that means on weigh in day i will be full of fluid from carb loading!!! OH WELL!!!
  • Good Morning Chickees!

I am still off program today. I am going not to try to stress out over it. I am stressed out enough, with the move tomorrow, and everything...I have an observation at work today, and the cleaning crew did not come and clean this place up last night! AAAAGGHHHHH! Like I needed this!

How was everyone's VDay? Mine was okay. Nothing special. Except I got an engagement ring!!!!!!!!! I wasn't even expecting it either! He put it inside a card, when I opened the card up the ring was inside, inside a post it note. The post it read, "Do not remove until you have read the card." I read the card....I can't tell you what it said though, I was too excited. Then when I moved the post it note the ring fell out, and he had written "Will you marry me?" under the note.....isn't that so sweet!!!??? It's about time though, we have only been together 7 years, and have 2 children and just bought a house together. I guess he is finally ready.

The puppy is great. He seems to have made a 100 percent recovery. Devin just loves him. He plays with him constantly. He really is a cute dog.

Both the boys are better. Christian returned to school today, poor thing. Now Trini needs to goto the doctor today.
    I can't seem to keep them all well.

Well guys good luck getting OP. I will try tomorrow to get back on the "wagon".

Sue I am glad you are back with us! Tell Dh he has to share!!!!

love ya!
  • IM HERE!!!!!
    Hello all,

Geez, did you think that I had abandoned you all????? I have been so busy with work and the kids running me all over and when they are home they are online and when they arent home I try to get online and then GUESS WHAT????? hubby has discovered how to use the computer AAAGHHHH!!! I just about come unglued when he gets online now cuz he never wants to get offline........I dont know why he all of a sudden got interested in this ( well, I know its the basketball he can look up stats, scores, lines etc. and follow it)

so now I have to kick his butt off of here so that I can get online before the kids come home......I guess that what sharing is all about huh??

Anyway, I havent been strict OP, just kinda watching it...havent had time to exercise this week....unless I can count housework????

Melody----sounds like you have been busy,busy,busy.....I would have been so stressed out with all that you are going thru BUT.... CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT...YIPPEE!!!! NOW GET EVERYONE HEALTHY ( Including the dog, poor thing) and look forward to a new adventure with your new house and future

Sue----hope all is well with you and hubby??? how is he by the way????

Dana----Im glad to hear you have new computer....Im thinking of getting another on for myself (aaahh, wouldnt that be heaven??)

Pat--- way to keep on...hang in there...the scales havent moved for me in like 4 months.....frustrating I know!!!!

Ok--question for all of you??? what is an elleptical machine???

My friend is getting married and moving and she is getting rid of all of her weights and benches and I thought that would be great to have in my room that holds my treadmill.....might be able to make into a workout room-----

OK. my daughter just got home from watching her little boyfriend's hockey game and now she wants online so she can chat with him AAAGGGHHH!!!!

Talk to everyone later......
  • HE IS BACK TO WORK!!!! YEA!!!!

bUT THE KIDS ARE HOME THIS WEEK SO COMPUTER TIME IS STILL A BATTLE!!!

How will I ever get to the puter???

by getting up earl;y!!!

Well still able to do some killer workouts so all is not lost. I think i have lost fat and gained muscle,,but the online calculator that i used had changed and i do not trust the ones that just measure your waist and weight and height. not good so i have ne definitive way of doing my bf% untill Ozzie comes in whth his machine. but that is so variable with my weight i do not want to do it when i have lost of fluid so I guess i will have to wait till I and he is ready at the same time!!!

Terri glad to see you here. I missed you the weights sounc like a great choice. I have been doing some killer workouts but i do them at the gym if i was home i would think of tons of things to do and not do my exercise. so off to the gym for me!!! I saw on a board by a church Jesus was in the desert for 40 days and did not fall..... I read that yesterday and can find many ways to apply that. it gives me food for thought on staying OP among other things. so how about it??? how about making this lent season a time to get back OP????I know perfection is not in order but it sure can be a goal...??? Stress makes, atleast me, eat without thinking I have been more aware of my stress eating and eating healthier choices like a few carrots instead of the cookies that it used to be. even celery sticks are a great stress relever.The ellip;tical traier is a machine that is like a standing bicycle, your feet nefer leave the platform and they move in an eliptical circle so it mimics runnu=ing or walking but is much aseir on the knees and ankles. they have some that have hand movements too and they do burn whole lot more calories that anything else that i have used. some have different resistance s you work harder and some have grades so it seems like you are walking or running up hill. but it is a much harder workout wel I would not say harder but more bang for the buck. I like them the best!!!

Melody are you done with the job yet?? If i remember you are. sohow is the new found freedome??? LOL as if there is such a thing. there is never anything like freedome you will find many other things to do!!! Melody I just realized i was so over wealmed with the elliptical trainer that i never did say congrats!!! WHOOO HOOOO now youjust need to get the guy to take you up the isle!! that may take a few more years!! LOL

Pat did you find the fly lady??? what do you think. I have to confess my house has never been cleaner and i mean not only on the surface but inside. i am not ashamed to have anybody come in the house at any time. there many be messes but not total chaos like before (chaos+Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) It is not perfect but it is much better. How is the diet??? staying OP? I know wwe all suffered gains this week atleast the few who dared to step up there I alsmot did not but knew i had to. It was the end of my challenge. what a funny thing!!! But i do blame it not only on my carb load but the ham and the fact that i have not been driking enough so my body is feeling drought so it is holding on all the water it can get,

Dana how do youlike th enew computer??? I know that you must love it. I am sure that the kids do to. I believe that is why we have not heard much from you with the long wekend here all the kids must be home so I will not expect to here from you till tomorow. Have you felt me on your bvack??? aren't i heavy??? LOL that is the way it should be. I had a huge laugh when a friend who is thinking obf being a state trooper was telling me what she just started to do to get her legs in better shape to do al the requirements. now sit down she is a farmers wife and she is VERY strong well she has decided to build up the strength in her legs by throwing a calf over her shoulders and run up and down the barn! I almost drove off the road with laugherter i was thinking of you when she was telling me that, what a hoot!!!

Well i am waiting for my food to settle then i am doing a few loads of laundry then headding off the the gym. so i will "see" all of you next time the puter is available!!
  • Hi All!

Yep..LOVE the new computer!

Sorry I have not been on much! Work is crazy. (Getting ready for an audit.) Also. registration for the new school year is right around the corner! Busy beaver!

Hubby and I have been spending good quality time together. He has given up "snuff" after 20 years by using "the patch." VERY difficult! I have never had a "tobacco issue", but I understand the craving part. I am trying to keep him busy and have purchased some "candy" for him. He is cranky..but God bless him.ithas been 6 days and he is tobacco free so far. Please keep him in your prayers! It is hard!

On plan..........but feeling fat. TOM is here and I feel like crap!

Not much to report. I am still not exercising like I should even with nasus riding me and the kicks in the butt!

Take care all!

Dana (Hopeful that I can move my @$$ on a regular schedule!)
  • Hi all,
    I am still around. Where would I go?

The scale read 230 on Friday. I agree w/ melody that stress is the plataeu culprit. SO I have been trying to de stress myself. I am still OP which is probably the most frustarting part. Got my wedding dress on the other day. DH and I will be married 15 years in April. or is it 45 LOL. Depends on teh day of the week. teh dress was on but I wouldn't want to sit, breath or eat in it. I put it on because I had run out of "goal clothes" to gauge my progress. The work out are going well.

Hi to everyone I will have more time tomorrow for individuals.
  • Congrats Pat, on getting on the wedding dress!!!!!WOOO HOOOO that is an accomplishment! Way to go!

I think all the gaining we are doing is the time of the year. I think we will do better when Spring finally arrives. I know I will. I love to be outdoors.

Well, we got moved in to the new house. My Mom is a complete mess. She misses the kids so bad, all her and my sisters have been doing is crying...(and me too some , I miss my Mommy! ) The kids are okay. Christian is having a really hard time with it. He is 10 and even though he likes his new house. He misses his "home" and Mamaw, and Aunt Pammy. The way everyone is acting you would think we moved half way across the country...not just a half mile away. It's hard moving away from the only house you have ever known. I miss my bed! We brought Josh's, and I really miss mine. Christian misses his as well. The ceilings were too low to bring his. He had a bunk bed, with a desk under it. Devin and him are sleeping in a twin bed together. It's just temporary until I can get them a full size mattress, for the full size bed that I have. Change is difficult, especially on the leiitle ones. Devin, has been mean to Pam and Mom. I think he thinks they deserted him. Trinity seems to be taking it all in stride. She cried half the morning yesterday. She was really happy to see her Papaw last night though. She really got excited, whren she saw him. I guess she is missing everyone too. She just can't express it.

BF is doing OK, living with the kids. He has never had them around 24/7 and him and Devin were butting heads there for a while. Devin is 4, stubborn, has a smart mouth,and is just like his Daddy! Now you can see why they are butting heads! they are just alike! Trini is driving him crazy touching his DVD player, and his remotes. I told him to get used to it. She is a baby and babies must explore!

The house looks good though. Lots of room. I still am not completely moved in though. There are a few more things I need to get in the next few days. The baby's room is not done yet. I still needd to put on another coat,and do the trim again. I will be done when all the painting is done, and I can relax.

I am not OP. Tom is finally here. I PMS-ed forever it seems. I will be glad when it is over. I feel so fat. I am planning on doing some kind of workout today, even if it is just a walk. BF still hasn't put together my elliptical. I will be glad when he does. I am anxious to get going on it.

Sue, I am glad that Dh is well and back at work...keep those workouts up.

Dana...Good luck with Dh quitting his nicotine...that is very hard, from what I hear. Maybe you and me can get this exercise thing on track together....HEre are some kicks in the butt>>>>>>><<<<<<< Don't forget to give me some!

Tornado, the kids seem better (for now) and dog seems to be doing great. Engagement- It will probably be another 7 years before I can get BF to marry me! Thanks for the congrats!

Everyone have a lovely day!