Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 11:08 PM   #16  
A new Mom

I was really upset last night... It was my weekly TOPS weigh in and somehow I managed to gain 5 1/4 # last week. I truly did not eat any differently than I had the week before when I only gained a 1/2 #. I know that in these last few weeks the baby is gaining fat stores, but there's no way that the baby gained 5 1/4 # this past week. Even though everyone at the meeting was really supportive I think that made me feel worse. They all were trying to tell me that it was a "good gain" and to just think of the baby and not about the weight.

I really haven't been stressing about gaining weight, I do want to keep it to the minimum that is healthy though. I've been eating so healthily (healthfully?) that I can't figure out what happened. Yes I've been retaining more fluids recently (my feet tend to swell by mid afternoon) but not overly so. I don't know... I will see what happens on the dr's scale tomorrow. I just know that I'm disappointed with such a large gain.

I will let you all know how it goes at the Dr's tomorrow. I really like my ob, even if she is only about 7 weeks behind me and barely showing at all...

Well, I'm tired... got my car totally emptied of all things that don't belong there. My trunk now has only a blanket, two bottles of water for emergencies and a first aid kit. Loads of room for a stroller. And there is nothing in the back seat so an infant seat will fit easily.

I'm off. Update you all tomorrow.

Lara
Old 02-28-2002, 11:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

Thought I would post. I had my appointment yesterday. I am dialated close to a 2. But the cervix is really hard yet. He said he didn't think it would happen in the next 2 weeks. I have an appointment next week Wednesday to see how that is progressing. A friend of mine is throwing a baby shower for me on March 9th. I hope I will make it that long. I am having some contractions but nothing major. baby is also slowing down. I will let you all know what is happening next week.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:23 PM   #18  
A new Mom

Good to hear from you Tamara... it sounds like we are in about the same position...

I had my latest OB appt this afternoon. I'm starting to eface (just
slightly), my cervix is really soft, and I was dilated to just over 1 cm. She says I can still continue to do moderate exercise and that infact I'll probably feel better if I do. I'm upset that I gained 6.5 # in the last 2 weeks, although I knew that before I went to see her. I had a 1/2# gain at tops last week and then this past Tuesday night I registered a 5 1/4# gain. It's depressing because I know that the baby didn't gain over 5 pounds in the
past week.

I am puffier, but can't figure it out because if anything I'm eating less sodium and drinking even more water than I was. The dr didn't get upset with me or anything though -- I think as long as I don't have a big gain next week she won't be worried. I still am annoyed with such a large gain though.

A TOPS friend is having a shower for me on the 9th too, I don't think I'll have the baby before then, but who knows. I've been having a gazillion braxton hicks, but so far none that have been at timable intervals. (Is timable a real word even??)

Tomorrow is my last day at work before the baby arrives, I'm looking forward to being home in a way... there's so much left to do and after being on my feet and up and down off the floor with my 31 preschoolers and kindergarteners I have little energy left to get it done. At the same time I'm not certain how I'll handle it if the baby goes late.... I'm really not that great at being at home just waiting for something to happen...

Lara
Old 03-01-2002, 11:10 AM   #19  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

I just wanted to pop in and see how you all are doing. I new you were close Lara. Don't worry about the gain. I am sure it is water. you will drop it as soon as the baby comes.

Alexander is wonderful. His is smiling and so cute! Went to his check-up this week and all is well.
You will all love being a mom!

Good luck on your delivery...

Trish

Alex 12/26
Old 03-01-2002, 07:10 PM   #20  
A new Mom

Trish... it's great to hear from you! I'm so glad that Alexander is doing so well. And smiling... that has to be the best! I'm looking forward to delivering soon.... at the moment I'm not even nervous.

Keep in touch from time to time.

Lara
Old 03-02-2002, 12:59 AM   #21  

Default Getting close you two!

Almost there Tamara and Lara! Those last few weeks are the worst, you are probably so over being pregnant and ready to have that baby! I will be checking in more often to see how you are doing!

Everything is fine here, 10 weeks today. Gained a pound or two. First midwife appointment isn't til April 8. Guess with 2nd babies they don't think they need to see you real early as I'll be 15 or something weeks then!

Nicole, do you have a due date yet? Hope you stick around, I'll need someone to talk to once these two have birthed their little ones

I'll check in again soon. Hang in their girls - I hope you both make it to your baby showers!
Sam
179(9 months pg)/139/130(after baby no2!)
Charlotte 04.15.01
edd #2 09.28.02
Old 03-02-2002, 02:28 AM   #22  

Hi all, sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I have been sooo tired and nauseous, I just haven't felt like doing much. Thankfully I have not had to throw up, just feel like I'm going to! I can't wait for the first trimester to be over! I have exercised a total of about 4 times since I found out I was pregnant, 2 weeks ago, and I had to push to do that. But, since I know how important it is, I know that I have to keep trying and just do my best. Luckily (maybe not!) I have not had to worry to much about what I eat, since generally I have to let my tummy tell me what it can handle, and it has generally been toast or crackers or eggs, so I have not gained anything yet.

Dreamer-I have my first ob appt on March 11, but I have my EDD figured out at 10/19. So we are fairly close. This is my first though, so I am sure I will have plenty of questions for you! LOL

I hope everyone is doing well!

I'll talk to ya'll soon
Nicole
Old 03-02-2002, 10:21 PM   #23  
A new Mom

Great to hear from both of you Dreamer and Nic

I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going well for both of you. I can totally relate to the morning sickness... I had morning noon and night sickness from about 8 weeks until about 22 weeks or so... since then it's only been if I get up too early in the morning or don't get enough sleep.

I started a new thread for march, if you want to use it. If not you can feel free to continue to post here.

Lara
Closed Thread