Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #16  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hello every one it has been a good week I lost 3 pounds I'm trying really hard it has not been easy. I also have been very careful about what I eat and have limited my sugar to a minimal and I feel a whole lot better. I hope all had a great week . Missing every one , I know you all are busy . Take care Rena
Old 01-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/202/185

Height: 5"4'

Way to go losinitin07!!!! I am sure that I have not lost even 3 ounces but I think that I may have lost some inches. I am going to get my trainer to measure me when we meet again this month. I have been continuing with the gym and I am sure that there has to be some progress somewhere. It is impossible that I work that not have results somewhere.

It is easy to give up and some days its even easy to skip one portion of my work out. I do a cardio section and then move to the weight room. I have a list of exercises that I do. I dont always do them all or in order it depends on how busy it is, but I manage to get my 40 minutes of cardio in and then at least 3 of my other exercises done. That gets my other muscles working. I know that things are tightening up in some places, and that gives me the push I need to keep going.

I am off to work tomorrow and it may be a very long day. At least 12 hours.......and then again on Wednesday I will get back to the gym. Next week I will meet the trainer again and we may discuss changing my routine some to target different muscle groups.

Until next time. Have a great Day.

Dallas.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:41 PM   #18  
Black Team TBL-WMB

girlontheloose don't give up you can do this keep going I'm here you on go girl on the loose . You are doing great getting to the gym I struggle with the exercise part, I have been trying to eat healthier making my own soups and stuff so I can track the sodium content. This journey is not easy but keep going . to you .Rena
Old 01-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #19  
My soul will smile again

Height: 5'5"

Hi everybody!

I'm happy to meet all you ladies and looking forward to getting healthy again.

I plan on doing an introduction soon!

I love reading your stories and advice --you are all so inspirational.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #20  
Black Team TBL-WMB

glad you have found us . Stop by often . Looking forward to meeting ya . Rena
Old 01-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #21  

Hello again everyone!

I finally have some good news to report.....nope did not lose any weight...but I must be losing something because today as i was getting ready to go to work I picked up a ring that was laying in my jewelry drawer and without thinking slipped it on my finger...and surprise, surprise it fit..that particular ring has not been able to go on my finger in a long time. I was very happy to say the least. So if if nothing else I can say that my fingers have lost some weight!!!!! Or at least toned up some...hahaha.

I guess that means that I should take some measurements. I am encouraged by it all though so the next step is to have my waist line slim down. I am very encouraged and will hopefully make it out to the gym again tomorrow. There is bad weather on the way so I am not sure if It will be fit to get out. I hope its not so bad as I have my second piano lesson tomorrow too. I have been practicing every day. ONly missed one day because I was very busy. I dont know how I will be able to handle everything once I get back to work. As it is I have not worked on my sisters quilt in a few days. Perhaps tomorrow I will get back at it. I think it will turn out nice. I am very excited to see how it will all come together. I have not really made a quilt in a couple years. I have made some lap quilts that we donated to a local home for the aged. I suppose 5 of those is equivalent to a couple full sized quilts. I have also made a couple wall hangings and just last week I made an apron with pockets in it for my neighbor. So I suppose I do keep busy

Anyway I am off for now. Good luck and keep at it.

Dallas.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #22  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys, how is everyone doing? It looks like pretty good from what I see. It is another year and I feel that 2008 will be the year we all get to where we want to be, I can feel it.

CJ-How are you feeling? I hope your stomach flu is a thing if the past now and you are up and running. Somehow I just knew you have started your Christmas shopping. Not me, I will start thinking about it hopefully early this year, since I have a couple of Grandkids now, maybe around Halloween. LOL WELL for me that is early, ok maybe I will try for July or August, but don't hold me to that.

Dallas-Wow that is great about your ring, so if your fingers are smaller I'll bet you are smaller elsewhere as well. Good job on going to the gym like you have been. I envy you to be able to make a quilt, I am all thumbs when it comes to any sewing or craft type things. I am sure it looks beautiful.

Rena-I agree with you with the cutting out sugar gives you more energy and find it to be true when I sty to stay away from it. That is a great idea to make your own soup, it is the wintertime and soup really hits the spot for me. I don't mind the canned soup's when I don't have the time to make it home made, but the soup we make ourselves taste so much better don't they? Way to go on the 3 pounds lost!

Welcome ScorpioSunshire and hope to hear from you more often. We are a great group and you are so welcome to our little group. Looking forward to your introduction so we can get to know you better.

Well will post this now and post again and let you know how things are going for me weight wise. I am still at daughter, Kelly's house babysitting during the week and things are going great I think. We all get along really well and so far this is working out really well. I love seeing the little guy so much, Brandon is getting so big and I am really enjoying him, he is getting out of that newborn stage, being over 3 months and I love seeing him laugh, coo, grab things and interact with me.

Talk to you later, Sassy Sharon
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #23  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Where is every one I miss ya all I hope every thing is going ok. I've lost 5 lbs it has not been easy but I'm doing it.Have a great week to you all . Rena
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #24  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Oh gosh .. I'm so sorry for not getting in here more often -- we've been so busy lately I haven't hardly even been on the computer! We've had blizzard storms this week and there has been no school so of course we have had our 6-yr old Carley all week ... she keeps us really on the go! This is going to be a quickie but just wanted to report in.

Rena - 5 lbs! Way to go! Keep up the good work!

Got to run but I promise I will be back soon and will post longer.

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 02-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #25  

Hello everyone again:

It has been a busy week here for me. I did not make it to the gym on monday due to another winter storm. We did get out for a walk in it though, it was hard walking, the snow was like walking in sand.....a good work out for the calves.

I met with my trainer again this week. She did not measure me, but commented that I looked smaller to her. I did not feel smaller as a matter of fact I had, had a big lunch and it was a day that I felt very bloated....I tried to do a bit of running on the treadmil, but that did not work, I swear I could see my *** bouncing as I was running....it was not a good day to be at the gym. However once i got over that my trainer and I discussed different options, and we decided that I would continue what I was doing in the weight room but we added a new group of exercies using the stability ball. I think I just needed a little something to change up the routine.

Today when I went to the gym I did my usual cardio and then did the new workout. It was good and I have a good basis on which to expand. The stability ball is working the same muscle groups but in a different way and I think that will be good for me. Still no weight gone for me but I am feeling good about it.

I also went today and purchased a new sports bra...gotta keep the girls in line. I had gotten one a few weeks ago but today it caused some chafing and I have some pretty sore spots under my arms. So off I went to the local bra shop and saw the "bra doctor".....unfortunately canada's healthcare system does not cover this particular proceedure and so I left there with the girls safely tucked into a new bra and my pocketbook a lot lighter. On monday I will know if it was a worthwhile purchase. I certainly hope so. I spent a weeks worth of groceries on a bra......

Anyway I have been keeping busy outside the gym. I have got all the blocks finished for my sisters quilt. Next I will put them together for the quilt top. However my favorite sewing machine is in the shop, so I am waiting for that to get done so I can get it all together. I am so far pleased with the results. It is far from done though.

I am a bit stuck on my pianon lesson this week. My teacher gave me a nice piece of music for me to work on...."put it together" was what she told me, but did not tell me how...so here I am really trashing a beautiful piece of music. I guess I will just do the best I can and hopefully she will help me next week.

So on that note I will sign off and maybe go practice a bit more....keep up the good work everyone. I love reading all about your life......

Dallas.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #26  
Black Team TBL-WMB

Hello every one where ever you are it sure is quiet in here all by myself hope all is well .Have a good week .
Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #27  

Yep sure is lonesome here. I am still plugging away at the gym and not losing an ounce. I know it has everything to do with what I am eating but feel powerless to change it. I go to the gym three times a week I even pay a trainer!!!! And I have nothing to show for it. I am developing some nice muscles under all the fat but still no loss of weight. I think I am losing inches though. However when I go back to see my doctor she will not be interested in inches she is only interested in pounds. I have not lost anything but fast losing hope that I may ever lose anything but patience.

However once I figure out how to stop stuffing my face I may have some real results to show here. I would be so estatic if I had lost 5 pounds like you losinitin07. I would be sooo happy to be 175. Thats the ultimat goal for me. Thats what I weighed before I had my kids. I would just love to be that weight........I am afraid I will never see that again....

Well I guess i can always dream.....

Keep up the fantastic work ....I will keep up going to the gym,, at least until I get back to work. It may be a bit more of a challenge to get to the gym then. I am planning to try to work it into my schedule......

Until next time

Dallas
Old 02-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #28  
Black Team TBL-WMB

I hear ya on the eating part I'm about to duct tape my mouth shut permanently
lol. Well I've gained 2 lbs went a way for 3 days to pick DH up at airport and I think I over ate, oh well I can start all over again at least it wasn't the whole 5.
Keep going you will get there I know it takes a while and it is very frustrating but keep going you will get here. Have a good day.

Miss every one else hurry back .
Old 02-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #29  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone - I'm still around! Just been so darn busy -- lots of snow days with these darn storms coming thru - I think I've seen my 6 yr old Carley more than her parents!! LOL

Still doing Curves - still walking! Hang in everyone - we'll lose these lbs yet!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!!!!!!

Sorry this is so short - I'll try to stay longer tomorrow! Just wanted you to know I'm still around and thinking of you!

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 02-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #30  

Hello again everyone:

More snow storms here this week kept me from the gym on Monday but I managed to get there before the storm on wednesday. Enough with winter already !!!

Still no weight loss but my boyfriend says that he can see a difference in me...I hope he is not saying that to make me feel good.

Anyway other than the weather not much changes here. I did get engaged on Valenties day !!!!!! We have not set a date or anything yet but that will come...So it looks like I will take the plunge again....hopefully number two is better than the first one. Lord knows that ended badly.

Hope everyone had nice time on valentines day and can you belive it I avoided chocolate that day....must have been distracted by my new diamond ring.....lol.

Until next time keep up the battle.

Dallas.
Closed Thread