Old 01-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #31  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hey lets all join in with Petra. and vow to lose 20 lbs in 4 months thats our goal.. not the 30, 40 or 50 we really wanna lose.... but just 20 for now... we can do it! we have the power!

ya know I was looking through my vast collection of diet books "dont eat fat", "eat fat dont eat carbs" yadda yadda yadda... and I think in a nutshell it all boils down to TIME.. ya gotta take the time to prepare and plan your meals.. most of us falter when we are in a situation where we are hungryand we want something to eat..... food... anything.. whatever is there.. so I think what we really need to do is plan ahead and have good choices available...

for me the big thing has been being lazy & broke and a cheeseburger at McD's is like 99 cents I can grab a piece of fried chicken for 1.98

but I had an epiphany yesterday...
as I sat eating my lunch of a granny smith apple,
a lovely sandwich of turkey,
fancy baby lettuce,
sugar free bread & butter pickles,
brown mustard and
tomato... on 2 very thin slices of whole wheat multi grain bread
then topped it off with a sugar free jello cup...

my thought was ... man that tasted good!

cant say that for my previous lunch choice... the difference was that I had to take the time the night before and make the sammich...pack my lunch

ok ... so thats 20 lbs (or more) in 4 months the challenge is on..... haha
lets call it the 20 for now! challenge

Last edited by curlylocks; 01-18-2008 at 09:11 AM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #32  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Count me in!!! It sounds so doable!

Your sandwich sounds yummy Curly. Tell me more about the pickles. I have to know about the pickels LOL. What is the brand. I love bread & butter pickels!
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:29 AM   #33  
Staying in 1derland!

aww i am a pickle lover also! especially the bread & butter pickles so I was really happy to find the sugar free ones that are sliced lengthwise... umm vlassic makes them as well as Mt. olive

I usually get the bag of salad- baby greens to use on my sandwiches instead of regular iceberg lettuce..

oh an my trip to the dr (tho his scale is usally higher than mine) I will be adjusting my ticker up!

so thats a total of 13 lbs I have packed back on...

Last edited by curlylocks; 01-20-2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

okay, so now I have some support to help me with this?

You are right Curly-it's the time committment. Losing weight is hard work and time consuming.

I got my new baby yesterday. You won't believe this although you may have seen it on the news. It got postponed on Sat because it snowed!! It didn't snow this far south but I went to Montgomery, AL to get my dog and it snowed in Montgomery. She is about 2 years old and has longer hair than the typical german shepherd so she almost looks like a Collie. She and Kobe seem to like each other. They aren't in love but there have been no spats and they are sharing pretty well. I'm not sure how to attach pictures or I would. Maybe Curly the graphics genius can help me with that. Oh, BTW, her name is Tammy.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #35  
Staying in 1derland!

awwww thats so neat Petra! lol did u tell them that u are no stranger to snow? lol I am sure that most everything came to a halt with snow there tho!

back to work tomorrow... I just had a lazy weekend.. I have to go thursday for a sonogram of my gall bladder... at 7 am oh well get it over with early...

dr has me on a bland low fat diet... I had cereal for dinner yesterday... wow I think its been about 2 years since I have eaten cereal.. Special K...

yep gotta get some weight off cuz none of my skirts will button

Last edited by curlylocks; 01-21-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #36  
Remember Why I'm Here

Wonderful news Petra! It never dawned on my you might get a female lol. It's great she and kobe are getting along. Our weather is goofy here too. Gorgeous day Saturday, but the fog rolled in evening.... today snow was falling about 30 miles south.

Curly~ I love cereal. But mostly just cheerios lol. I'll never understand the people who put sugar on their cereal tho....

Yep, this is extremely a time consuming venture. I have yet to make that whole commitment which is why I'm probably where I am. However, thinking about it just one meal at a time- ie making that sammie for lunch- it isn't so overbearing. I'm hovering between 232.5-233.5 these days. Tomorrow is weigh-in for me so I'm crossing my fingers and toes

Have fun ladies.... ttfn
Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 01-22-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #37  
Remember Why I'm Here

Tuesday Morning! Drumroll Please.................... 232.5

I'm thinking I may make weigh in day on a work day. I way slept in today, then had coffee, and took my pills before I weighed. On a work day, it's up and into the bathroom, weigh- then coffee etc... OK so it's probably a bit nit picky but we know every single ounce counts when it comes to moving that ticker lol.

I know I definately did way to much salt yesterday. Salted Peanuts are not my friend Tuna casserole is also probably not the best choice either. Tho I did make a lofat version of it with no chips on top.

OH!!!! I'm finally getting a treadmill. Now NO MORE EXCUSES. I'll be getting it in the next couple days. Ths one is a for sure. I just hope it's in the condition I've been told it's in.

Ya'll have a great day!
Dee~
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #38  

Wow, sounds like some serious people here. I've been really distracted with my new dog and I need to get refocused. I haven't been grocery shopping yet this week. Hopefully in the next day or two. Good luck with your sonogram Curly. I'm attempting to attach a photo of the new girl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tammy0108 021.jpg (25.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #39  
Remember Why I'm Here

Petra.... She is beautiful!!

How is she adjusting? Is Kobe enjoying having her around yet?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 AM   #40  
Staying in 1derland!

She's very pretty Petra!

way to go Dee 1 down 19 to go! I am thinking I will make saturday my weigh in day..

Petra I see your ticker is heading down also...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #41  
Remember Why I'm Here

I got my treadmill!

it's not as sturdy as some, but it works LOL When Kelsea told me she'd only used it 15 times I thought wowwwwww cool. She didn't mention that her kids used it for a trampoline it probably needs some routine maintenance and the rails on the side (for your feet if need to jump off) are cracked in a few places but I'm not complaining!!! It was free and I'm excited. Hehehe I tried to get fast, pushed it to 6.5 and thought I was gonna biff a faceplant right then and there! I'll be doing a nice walking speed from now on.

Thanks for the mentioning the idea of an attainable goal Petra, and thanks for the push to follow the idea Curly. I feel like the 20 For Now challenge woke me up again.

Oh, my stomach has been much better. Maybe it's my diet, maybe not. I don't know but I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing lol. But, I'm upping to 10mcg on the Byetta when I get my next Rx.

How you doing out there Val?????

Ciao Ladies, Hope you're all well!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #42  
Staying in 1derland!

hi guys!

well I am proud of myself.. wanted so badly to go out for lunch but stayed with my turkey sammy.

had my sonogram today... tried to get the lady doing it to give me a hint but no luck... gonna have to wait till next thursday when i go back to the gp.

tho i think when just the pressure of the sonogram paddle makes ya hurt thats a pretty good indicator that something just aint right...
Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #43  

I finally went shopping and have had a few healthy meals in a row. I cooked a pot of soup today so I'll have some take to work lunches for the week. I also got some easy stuff like progresso microwave soups and those yogurt snack cups.

We've had some really disgusting weather. Hope it clears up soon. My new dog has been testing the boundaries here which is pretty normal but overall I'm happy with her. I think once she gets adjusted and trained she will be a great dog. She has finally started to show some interest in playing with Kobe.

curly-we call that a sonographic murphy's sign. It's a pretty good indication that you have stones or at least sludge.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #44  
Staying in 1derland!

no wonder I have no energy I might be full of sludge!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:11 PM   #45  

LOL curly-you can have sludge in your gallbladder that gives you symptoms.