3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Short Chicks--Jan 08 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129835-short-chicks-jan-08-a.html)

Twentytogo 01-26-2008 10:36 PM

Enygirl, I am so happy for you. The fact that you accomplished that in mid-winter is something to be so proud of. Where was the race at?

Anyway: :bravo:

teacher1 01-27-2008 09:46 AM

Enygirl- Soooo cool. Great pix :)

The scale still has 169. Have a great day.

Shay 01-27-2008 05:57 PM

Enygirl--Congrats again since I did that on the other thread. The ladies here are right...in the cold. Amazing! The cold always affects my breathing when walking or running.

crbowles 01-28-2008 09:37 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Renee and I'm the shortest person in my family. =0( I cannot exercise for medical reasons but I goal is to get to 140.

Good luck to all!

CherryAutumn 01-28-2008 09:38 AM

Enygirl - you did great. Love the pic. You look so alive and proud.

Shay 01-28-2008 01:13 PM

Welcome crbowles!

Enygirl 01-29-2008 08:39 AM

cr- :welcome: We're a fun bunch w/ lots of support!

Speaking of which - girls is anyone else really really struggling to stick with this? I'm down *almost* #20 and I feel myself slipping. This is the longest that I've stuck with anything - but right now it's so easy for me to talk myself out of a workout - or to go and endulge on something... I'm having a really hard time this last 2 weeks. I'm recognizing it - and trying to fix it. I did the 5K on Saturday - and Sunday i was WAY too tired to work out. I did a 20 min cardio last night. I need to get back to 1200-1500 cals a day, and 6 work outs a week. I guess that if I use Sunday as my rest day - and write of what I ate (didn't even calculate because I know it's tha tbad!) then I can start over as of yesterday.

I REALLY want to start hitting my goals - but it seems that I sabotage myself. Last week I was less then a pound away from my Super bowl goal - then i binged the rest of the week - didn't workout and now I'm #4+ away... it's stupid!!! GIRLS HELP ME FOCUS!!!!

teacher1 01-29-2008 06:15 PM

Enygirl-
I feel your pain. It's gets hard, tonight I was trying to talk the DB into pizza :(
But I'm eating on plan with a big salad. It's hard but you're doing so great. I can't even imagine doing a 5k. Just keep moving ahead, baby steps.

Twentytogo 01-29-2008 08:35 PM

Hi Enygirl, I certainly relate to your feelings and that is exactly why I joined this forum. I was in desparate need of support. I'm no expert by any means, but since I have lost a great deal of weight in the past, here is my suggestion. Workout harder, longer every day for the next week, I know what it took. It's the reason I am here, I need a push all the time. You have lost a lot of weight and maybe it is time to step it up. You have have it in you, because you just accomplished a great feat (5k walk in freezing weather, helllo?) that is amazing. I say keep going, get stronger, you have it in you! I :cheer: you on!!!!

Shay 01-29-2008 10:25 PM

Enygirl--I'm coming on the other side of it. I've been there when I've lost a ton of weight (130) and I slipped hard. Please do not pressure yourself to the point that you regain all of your weight. All of us need to slow down. I understand that we want to be healthy. Hello I need to lose 81 pounds to even be considered overweight. But slow and steady wins the race. I'm not saying give up, because never do that but give yourself a break. How about 5 days a week of exercise vs 6. 5 is okay, 4 is fine, and 3 is alright. You're doing it that's the point. Maintaining is okay. Sometimes I think we put so much pressure on ourselves that we make the situation worse. Slow down, take a breath, its okay. If you lose it fast you won't keep it off.

Regarding the bingeing. That's an issue I have myself. I'm currently working on a binge free challenge. Yesterday was my first binge free day. I'm working on my 2nd day now. The Shay Plan is actually working for me. I may only lose 1lb a week but as long as I'm losing. I'm not in a hurry.

teacher1 01-30-2008 07:28 PM

Hello ladies,
Boy, it's so cold here. I've done okay this week with food but I still need to step up the exercise time.

teacher1 01-31-2008 11:21 AM

Hey all,
Today is a snow day :) No school!!!!

Shay 01-31-2008 12:08 PM

Any exciting plans, Teacher1?

I will start a new thread in the morning for the month of February so be on the lookout for it.

teacher1 01-31-2008 03:14 PM

No fun plans, I did turbo sculpt this morning. I want to run errands but I'm a big baby when it comes to driving in the snow.

Karen31 01-31-2008 06:26 PM

Hi Ladies, I was watching a news show the other night and they were saying that here if you are a child under 4'9" then you have to ride in a booster seat in the car---- Does that mean if I lose another 2 inches that I will need a booster seat to Drive??? :rofl::dunno:

Hope everyone is doing fine. Just thought that I would pop in for a minute.