3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks in 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129622-aussie-chicks-2008-a.html)

amouse 04-29-2008 12:03 AM

ani dont you mean onwards and downwards??? lol

I have had agreat week op no problems even had my mums birthday and i made the dessert so stay op then too .. i made a mixed berrie and apple crumble.. added only one spoon of sugar and used oats and coconut to flavour the very thin top.. I stewed the fruit b4 i made the crumble so i wouldnt have to add to much sugar ..

so all week i have been op and i feel great . im sleeping well again. im exercing everyday and twice some days .. and i am feeling happy and grounded .. :)

Julia i would be chicken to ask him too lol .. i would wait till your tatts are done so if you ask and he says no you wont have to see him again..lol

Today was awkward to say the least.. My "FRIEND" was at school this morning .. ignored me completly and made me feel very uncomfortable... *****.. lol .. She didnt bring her duaghter to school yesterday .. so at least it was ok then.. i just hope she doesnt come to play group on friday and ruin it for Leah.. . this morning Leah fell over and lost her shoe right in front of my ex friend and she just ignored her when she asked her for help.. Like my 3 year old knows she is a *****??? poor Leah.. She was upset and said .. My Jenny wouldn't say hello to me .. .. cow ***** .. and all the other nasty things lol ..

Ani i wonder if you will ever get used to the shift work? i think everyone find it hard.. is there anyway you could ask for a non shifting position?..

gen congrats on the weight loss :)

Julia did you meet up with Kel yet?

ok im off :) have a great day girls :) school pick up will be intertesting to say the least.. lol ...

LittleKiwi 04-29-2008 12:40 AM

Amy you must have missed my post from last week. I had dinner with Kel, Benji and Jemima last week. Was great to meet her!

LittleKiwi 04-29-2008 04:21 PM

Yay for me :carrot:

I stuck to my points yesterday and had a good session at the gym last night: weights followed by 20 minutes of jog/run intervals.

Up at dawn's crack this morning to see my PT and did weights followed by a 20 minute jog and 20 minute work.

Hope you're all doing well.

:twirly:

barbegirl71 04-29-2008 11:45 PM

Well, to my surprise, (and relief) I'm down 500g from last week. Yay. My bad choices over the weekend weren't as bad as I thought them to be. :)

7senuf 04-30-2008 12:47 AM

Up 600gm and George is visiting

pacman12 04-30-2008 06:17 AM

I got new foster babies - 3 x 7 wk old kittens. They are SO cute, although not so cute after they all went face diving in their whiskas last night...

amouse 04-30-2008 06:27 AM

lol i bet they were even cuter covered in whiskers.. lol the only problem then is the smell..

Julia i do remember you saying you met them now you mention it lol .. i must have had a brain fart.. lol

I had another great day I did my exercise and stayed op .. so im happy hopefully when i weigh in friday i will have lost a lil or not gained any.. either would do at this point lol..

anyway .. im off to watch som tv in the lounge where i have the heater on lol.. too cold in the study tonight.. lol yeah i know im a woose.. but i dont have John home to warm me up. lol ..

He will be home on the 8th and we will go up to mannum for the night of the 9th and go fishing on the river good fun :) Hope the kids like it.. and i hope its not too cold.. lol..

ok im freezing now so ill head off see ya's later

Lindor 04-30-2008 06:43 PM

I was rudely awoken just after 3.30am this morning and haven't been back to bed! But I figure being able to watch some not too bad looking firemen at work doing their stuff on my front doorstep isn't really too much to complain about!! :lol:

Anyway, I did weigh in this morning! Not sure how accurate it'll be as I was up a good two hours before I weighed myself...although I had not eaten or drunk anything prior.

Last recorded weight was a week or two before I went on holiday at the end of Feb, and that was 188.6lb.

I am absolutely sure I'd have gained on that while on holiday.

This morning I weigh in at an even 184lb!

That'll do me :)

Not going to weigh in again now until June 1...hopefully I can continue what I am doing and lose some more :)

OK...gotta run!

Have a good day all :)

amouse 04-30-2008 07:37 PM

thats great lindor :) congratulations on the weight loss. always a giood thing watching hot men .. lol i hope you made the most of it :)) lol

barbegirl71 04-30-2008 09:21 PM

Well done Lindor! Why'd you have firemen to look at this morning? I hope everythings ok. :)

Lindor 05-01-2008 07:30 AM

Some delightful soul decided it would be fun to torch one of the cars in the carpark to this block of flats that I live in!!

Looking at the car in daylight...I swear it looks like the remains of one of them car bombs you see on the news!!!

LittleKiwi 05-01-2008 06:25 PM

Well I'm glad noone was hurt Lindor. Funnily enough, I had the fire dept at my place on Anzac day. I was enjoying a lie in and the house fire alarm went off. Where I live there are 12 flats in one big old house so we all piled out to the front of the house. There was smoke surrounding the house but we couldn't find a fire. Called the fire dept and they said it was a neighbour burning rubbish. Because the downstairs of our house is open the smoke had blown in and set all our alarms off. :dizzy:

A rude awakening but good to know that the alarm system works and that everyone is capable of evacuating quickly.

I'm working from Wellington again today so no gym until Monday for me. Will try to be careful with my diet to make up for it.

I had THE BEST haircut EVER last night. I decided that I didn't want any length off, just to have it thinned out and she only charged me for a fringe cut ... $5.

:eek: :yay: :woohoo:

Have a great weekend everyone.

:twirly:

PerthChick 05-03-2008 07:35 PM

Hey everyone, good to see that most people are back on track. Lindor you must be really pleased with your results - I would be.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. After all these months it's too hard to get my head around changing my weigh-in day, so I'll stay with my original plan. I lost NO weight in April - not a gram, but I didn't gain any either, so I guess you have to call that a win.

I'm hoping to drop a kilo this month though, so I'm going to pay more attention to everything I'm doing. I still haven't figured out shift work, but I will. As long as I don't gain weight while I'm sorting through it, I'll be happy.

OK - gotta fly. Hope you're all having a good weekend.

:)
Ani

smylie 05-04-2008 07:18 AM

hey hey hey party people!!!!!!!!

i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!

had the best most awesome holiday ever

met julia, she is awesome, it was great like we were just mates catching up for dinner
my daughter though was a little restless, and we figured out later why she was the naughtiest she had ever been while we were out.... it was only 3.30pm her time and we were sitting her down for dinner, she was most likely saying "what the??" poor thing, it was after christchurch that we properly figured out how to work with 2 timezones, hers and ours, she was stuck on aussie time and we were on nz time, so we had to do everything 2 hours later for her but we hadnt perfected it straight away. benji was sick and got worse as the days went on which means i did a lot of the driving but that is ok coz i like the control.... anyhow holiday was amazing i will upload some photos to my facebook and then put thelink on here or something

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT

i did really bad

i ate for basically the whole holiday
i ate crap
i have now though managed to do something i thought not possible... turned myself OFF every kind of bad food imaginable, kfc, chips (i hate chips), chocolate, everything i have eaten WAY too much of it, to the point (and this is embarrassing) i can not breath, i can not bend over to tie up shoelaces without feeling sick, i was having cramps i was so full of rubbish
so that is the good part of the bad thing.
heard of the 2 week wait - usually this is when you are trying to get pregnant andhave to wait and see if monthly friend makes an appearance well my 2 weeek wait is going to be before i weigh myself
i am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and get benji to write it down and not tell me
then in 2 weeks (after "normal" eating habits resume) i will weigh myself again if i am under 90 i will ask benji to tell me what i weigh if not i will wait another week
ho hum

hello to everyone
good luck with the no chocolate
gen does that cat have nailpolish on?

mwah!!

Lindor 05-04-2008 10:37 AM

Welcome home Kel!

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself on your holiday - looking forward to seeing some pics.

Maybe you need to spend the next two weeks setting a whole new healthy eating routine for the family? I have to admit, just reading your description of what you ate while away had me feeling bloated and sick!

Ani, the fact that you have maintained the same weight over the last month is a great result! I know how shift work can mess with dieting, a lot of my bad habits came from shift work. Eating a big meal late in the evening and going to bed feeling full was probably my biggest problem. Getting up later as result of a late night screws with a regular breakfast time!

What plans have you made to overcome the irregular shifts? Do you have a roster that repeats itself after a week/fortnight/month? If you need to bounce ideas around drop me a line...I somehow managed to lose my initial 30kg while working shifts. Oddly, I started losing track when I switched jobs to one that works normal hours!

I haven't been doing overly good myself these last few days - comfort eating again I guess? Not over eating but I am constantly picking at stuff...to distract me maybe?

Seems I was affected by the fire outside the flat the other night. I have not slept properly since. I wake with a start at every noise I hear that slightly resembles the noises that woke me that morning. When I immediately open my eyes I see the reflection of the flames dancing on the walls again...I have to blink a few times before I realise there are no flames. My sense of smell is on edge and I am convinced I smell smoke all the time!

I scared myself that morning because my immediate thoughts were that the fire was in my neighbours kitchen...just a 10cm thick wall away from where I was sleeping. I was convinced I had lost everything, that it was just a matter of a few minutes before it would spread from that kitchen into my flat! It was only as I was looking out the front door to see if it was a safe way out, two dogs and cat in arm, that I realised that it was not the flat next door, but in the carpark next to that flat. But the panic that swept over me in those first couple of minutes has spooked me!

And the knowledge that the 12yr old that started the fire probably got little more than a slap on the wrist and released back into the care of his family (the family that obviously had no idea he was out at 3.30am starting fires!) could just as easily do it again!

But...I can't let these things mess up my routine! I have to stop letting my mental issues control my eating habits!

My work roster has me working one week home, one week away, one week home, one week away, until the end of June! That, I think is going to be my biggest challenge for the next couple of months! It starts with being home for this week.

Alright, must try to get some sleep. Just wanted to check in :)

Good luck to all who are weighing in tomorrow and this week :)