3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks in 2008 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/129622-aussie-chicks-2008-a.html)

smylie 01-18-2008 07:29 AM

hehehehe
fish and chips DEFINATELY not in any diet i know of except LIFE
what i mean is they are not on the shakes diet and i have been very good this week but i am still trying to throw a meal in here and there so that i dont A go insane or B forget how to eat food
last time i did diet, i got to 74.5 kg (hence ticker goal weight) and then I got pregnant didnt know it ate my craving food then found out i was pregnant and ate for two coz thats what you do.... right.... wrong.......!! I never learnt how to eat real food properly, i had never eaten to maintain weight, i had always eaten to either lose weight or in this case NOT EATEN or to put on weight
this time i am going really well and have decided i can have a couple of not on the list meals every week, I still am mainly eating veges and the pizza was just stupid but still half as much as i usually have.... the fish and chips are kinda the same, i will eat no where near as much as i usually would have but it will be a lovely meal to enjoy with hubby down the beach somewhere, jemima eats chips and may as well eat some fish as well...... however I wont be "eating" dinner or brekky after a meal like that in middle of the day

optifast is usually 3 shakes a day for "intensive" time which for most people is 12 weeks
then 2 shakes and light meal for 6 weeks i think
then 1 shake 2 light meals for 6 weeks (i think it could be both 12 weeks) AND
then 3 light meals FOREVER
as i dont have THAT much weight to lose I am doing a cross between the intensive phase and the second phase, I am still having at least 2 shakes per day however i had subway the other day for lunch as a light meal..... that kind of thing

ani - why dont you become a gardener and a writer parttime?? i always think of the weight that i lose as either bags of sugar or oranges and cant believe it!

smylie 01-18-2008 03:49 PM

today 83.8kg
2 weeks on optifast = 4.3kg lost

i have just looked up calorie king so i can start thinking about how much food i am going to be allowed to eat once i have gotten to goal weight and it is more than i was eating before, it is like i have decided i am not going to bother eating it unless i really really want/need to whereas before a lot of the time i would just eat it because it was there............
i am also feeding jemima a lot of interesting, freash exciting foods which i am hanging out to share with her or just little things like teaching her how to eat a boiled egg with soldiers etc
this is probably a good time for me to fix my food and weight situation at least now i am more confident i can raise jemima with a healthy understanding of food - treats in moderation etc ...... unlike most other mums i know who are totally removing the "bad" stuff from their babies diets I give jemima a bit of everything so no food is a big deal

LittleKiwi 01-18-2008 05:06 PM

Kel, have you ever tried Weight Watchers? I think that by the sounds of it that might work for you. It teaches you a lot about portion sizes and what foods are the best to fill up on. You can eat absolutely anything you want as long as you stay within your points allowance so you end up learning about what foods use the least amount of points but fill you up the most.

With that sort of system there are no hard and fast rules about what you are or aren't allowed to eat. Kind of an everything in moderation approach.

I really don't like the sound of the "forever" phase being just 3 light meals a day. Everything I've ever read has always stressed the importance of eating little and often - around 6 meals a day as that's vital for keeping the metabolism up and running.

Something to think about maybe?

:twirly:

PerthChick 01-18-2008 05:17 PM

Woo hoo Kel! Great result :carrot:.

I can't be a gardener - I have three ruptured discs in my lower back, and both my doctor and chiropractor would freak out if I had THAT kind of sea change :dizzy:.

I'm spending the morning cleaning the house for the landlord's 'home open', and then I'm off to Mandurah for the afternoon. I really hate this intrusion on my life. Gen I know that what they are doing is illegal - but this is the wild west, and to many people here the laws are not much more than a suggestion.

And there are a LOT more potential tenants than available houses, so I have to tow the line or I might lose the house I'm about to move to. I just can't afford to do that.

Lindor are you back?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Good luck to those who are weighing in over the next couple of days.

:)
Ani

PS: I was posting at the same time as Julia, and I just want to say I agree with her about three light meals a day. It's worth remembering that we can't go back to our 'normal eating' once we have lost weight - because it was our normal eating that made us fat. It's why I am such a strong advocate for the view that we have to educate ourselves about better eating habits while we're doing this - otherwise we won't know what to do once we are at goal :)

amouse 01-18-2008 05:31 PM

kel my house is crap free becuase my duaghter is allergic to food additives.. No junk food can come into this house or she get sick... fish and chips are abnout the only thing we can bring in . But she can still get sick from theses so if we have fish and chips i have to buy the birdseye gold n canola ones and fresh fish and do it myself. Home made one just arent the same but we had that for dinner last night . i was way down on my calorie goals yesturday so i thought it was ok.. Counting calories on calorie king is very easy most things are on there . i looked it up yesturday i have been using fitday for a few weeks and i think im gonna compare between the 2 and decide which one i like better.

We have hardly any choices in the supermarket crap section and no option in fast food, fast food has far more crap in it then the supermarket crap .. and the supermarket crap was killing her.

I can still get a few treats for my kids , plain biscuits, plain chips plain ice cream saralee only expensive (none of which excites me)and alot of different breaky cereals . I can buy most fresh fruit and veg but not grapes or dryed fruit(sulphar dioxide) i can buy 1 brand of bread mighty soft, one brand of cheese and the bega stringers the nestle kids pack yogurts are also fine .. but that is about it.. lol even vegemite is gone :( we have a freedom food vege spread but its gross lol.. i did sneak a small jar of real vegemite into my cupboard lol i just tell her it the vege spread and alway make an extra piece of toast because she always takes food off me and put her vege yick on it lol... diest are easier when your house is crap free no colours, flavours ,preservatives, additives, msg... lol (well not all of them are bad just most maybe 90% a few i know we can have citric acid and vegetable gum for example lol)

amouse 01-18-2008 05:39 PM

ani im like you i could burn indoors lol.. i have bought banana boat sensitive it has zinc in it and i dont burn as much .. im still red but i woukld blister with sun block on before and now im red but not even sore .. so i think its the best one out there for me.. My daughter has allergies but she doesnt react to it so i will continue with it. I think its worth thr $15 a tube.. i had a feeling you wouldn't be able to go out with out cleaning the house this morning lol.. Its a matter of self pride.. lol.. does your house mate clean at all or is he/she just a mess maker?? i live with 3 mess makers and im a neat freak lol.. I let it slide then yell at everyone to clean it up lol.. i have let it go alot this holidays .. im concentrating on exercising not cleaning . but once Cam is back at school i can get my house back to normal. John is back at work tuesday so there will go at least half the daily mess.. lol

Lindor 01-18-2008 08:13 PM

I am home! :)

I have only very briefly read over the last few pages - I have had a shocker of a headache since yesterday (just taken more drugs for it!), that I can only put down to not drinking enough! Yesterday was a very hectic day, I had one coffee for breakfast and a cappuccino at about 9.30am...then nothing at all fluidwise (or food for that matter) until I got home at 5pm! Since getting home I have drunk well over 2L of water and slept for 10hrs!!!

Kel, well done on your loss! Although, I have to admit, I don't fully understand your program with these shakes mixed with fish and chips etc. But, it's working, so I won't question!

Ani, you are stuck in a nasty catch 22! I just hope the daughter isn't going to treat you the same way when you move into her place?

So far as my week away and staying in control of my diet, I think I did ok. My only downfalls were five slices of pizza (eagle boys) Tuesday night, two slices of left over pizza Wednesday lunch, McDonalds Deli Choice chicken caesar salad roll (and small fries :D ) Thursday lunch. I went out for a restaurant dinner Thursday night too, but I ordered a grilled lemon chicken breast something or other served on a chunky salad thingy!

I kept track of my calories as best I could (I have no idea what that chicken breast salad thing contained - so I gave it around 800cal??), and I have worked out that over the 5 days I'd have averaged about 1450cals a day. Not sure if it is clever to overeat one day and severly undereat the next though!?

All in all though, I am proud of myself for NEVER ordering room service! And on the nights that I stayed in the motel room for dinner, I was content with the snacks that I brought with me! I'll have to see what Mondays weigh in tells me to know if I really did ok.

I am here for this week, and away again the following week to do it all again!! Ugh!!!

I have a quiet weekend planned and, if I can shake this headache, I might actually enjoy it! :)

Have a good one ladies!

smylie 01-19-2008 07:31 AM

i just looked at the little booklet, the forever phase is not 3 light meals a day forever is 3 light meals and 2 serves of fruit and one serve of dairy
should look at booklet more!
dont worry guys i have educated myself so so much it is annoying i KNOW exactly what i can eat and how much of it, i have just been doing it SLOWLY until now
yes i have tried weightwatcchers and it made me feel that potato and bread was evil.... so i didnt really learn alot there but i did lose close to 10kg then i got divorced and put half back on
today was a non optifast day but if i caloriekinged what i ate i would have been in my calorie range i reckon....

smylie 01-19-2008 07:36 AM

1029 calories for me today - that is not including walk with dogs and not including tim tam which i just remembered i ate
the intensive phase of optifast is 800calories or less so we shall see what happens with my "blow out" today....
ps - my 3 quarter pants fit me today! and my togs are too big!

smylie 01-19-2008 04:28 PM

amy my house is FULL of treats and i have not been tempted at all!!! i have gone "off" m&ms i tell myself that anyway they are now on the ingredients shelf of the pantry but we have a whole heap of choc biscuits (like 5 packets of assorted etc) that we bought for jemima's christening that were not needed and my other weakness milo is still staring me in the face BUT I have worked out how to enjoy in moderation, if I know i have eaten too much other 'crap' in the day (which is just me) then I have taught myself to resist it.
maybe i'll tell jemima she has allergys to some foods that are not good for her and not buy them.... i stocked up on cheeseballs the other day so i could have a shower in peace, i brought highchair into bathroom and covered the tray of highchair with grapes, cheese and cheeseballs - worked a treat, usually i stick on floor of shower but i wanted a shower by myself and she was not about to go to sleep.........

I have been instead having lowjoule red cordial as a treat along with my mushrooms and sweetchilli sauce
can anyone suggest any snacks that are savoury that are good when dieting are those "hot" peas the islander shops sell any good?

7senuf 01-19-2008 04:51 PM

Morning all. The other half HAD that boost bar last night, offered me some and I said NO:barbell:

smylie 01-19-2008 05:42 PM

not even a taste??!!!!! YOU ROCK VONNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just nipping back in to "explain" the fish and chips thing a bit better, i find for me if i can see that a really yummy meal (doesnt have to be "bad" like fish and chips (but i'll get lowest fat fish and chips option) to "look forward" to then I can stay on track for ages.... the last time I lost a heap of weight I used to say if I lose 5kg I will have a kebab NOW I have educated myself so that I can have a kebab within my calorie count and enjoy it (when not on optifast) (although is was my lightmeal last sunday)
so even though i am very much ANTI food rewards it works for me
i lost 100grams since yesterday so that makes me feel that I did eat the way i will when optifast is over and that i can lose weight on normal food, i almost feel like i am back where i was before i got pregnant (just 10kg heavier) but same mindframe if not better

PerthChick 01-19-2008 06:23 PM

Welcome home Lindor, it sounds like you managed things pretty well while you were away.

Kel if Optifast has a base of 800 calories, how are you managing to get enough fibre, fat and protein in your food - let alone vitamins and minerals? You're obviously getting quick results, but I wonder what's going to happen to your metabolism with this? I'm not having a go at you - I'm just curious.

I need to give myself a good talking to - or a slap. I don't think I've met my goals even once this week, and I feel like I am sabotaging myself. I don't know if it's because I've spooked myself about getting below 80kg, or if this is about all the chaos going on in my life. Or both.

Starting today I'm going to take this thing right back to basics and concentrate on meeting my goals. For the next four weeks I'm going to allow myself 1600 calories/day (I'm really struggling at 1500/day), and see if that helps - or if I need to rethink the food I am eating.

I'm going to drink 2L of water every day. No compromise - no cheating, and no "oh that's near enough".

I'm going to walk for at least 30 minutes every day - no excuse. And I'm going to do enough "incidental walking" to get my pedometer as close to 10,000 steps a day as I can.

And I'm going to do my workouts 4x a week.

The thing is that no matter how much chaos is happening around me I am going to weigh SOMETHING when the next four weeks goes by - and I'll be really disappointed in myself if I allow myself to gain weight in the next month.

If I 'only' manage to maintain my current weight over the next month, I'll consider that a win. If I lose weight, then I'll be thrilled.

I have some insight into knowing that I feel angry and a little violated by this moving/house selling process. It is in my nature to swallow that anger with food, and to try and comfort myself that way. Yesterday I told the landlord that I was feeling really angry and displaced by her thoughtless and selfish behaviour. I still ate wrong, and hardly drank any water - but at the same time I think I've identified my 'self-destruct' mode much more quickly than in the past, and that's progress. Right? :dizzy:

28 days to go, and I have to say I'm only just hanging on to the edge of this wagon. Blurk!

Ani

amouse 01-20-2008 02:04 AM

Ani im sorry you feel so horrible we all have these trial. where we feel like.. crap but please dont beat yourself up.. If your house mate would help keep the house clean you wouldn't have to stress every sat morning.. Hey at least you know where you are and you can identify what cuase bad eating. ill post you some super glue so you can stick your self to the wagon till you get your life back :)

I have have been slack today lol . done nothing but a 30 minute walk.. im still really tired from yesturday and ive been hungry all day.. but i have had nothing too crappy other then a ham and cheese roll from bakers delight.. i left john with the kids and went and got some groceries at lunch time.. we had nothing here for lunch so i had no choice. shop hungry or go in the bakery first .. lol. (thats my excuse and im sticking to it lol)

I looked it up and it was 300 calories and i was still hungry so i ate a banana. lol. one small slip up and it didnt even fill me up.. so what was the point?? lol

PerthChick 01-20-2008 06:07 AM

Thanks Amy - that superglue will be much appreciated ;)

Bloody ****! A friend of mine (who weighs about 58kg) told me that my arms "need work" today because they're flabby. Good grief - I have lost the equivalent of SIX newborn babies in weight… gotta think something would sag after that effort :p. But she's right…

Anyway, I've stuck to goal today - ate 1450 calories, drank 2.5L of water, and even though I didn't walk I have just done a pretty impressive 40 minute weights session.

Not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow but I'm now focussed on the end of the month and making sure I get to my goal of being as close to 80kg by then as possible.

Ani