Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

gator - How was the 5K? I am doing good this month - but I ate WAY TOO much salt yesterday - and not nearly enough water to flush it out - so the number this morning was back up! I'm going to be extra good today - lower end of the cals scale - up the water to 80 oz... tomorrow is the official - I'd LOVE to see a 0 or 1 behind the 8 instead of a 2 or 3!!! This morning it was #181.8... so very borderline.

It's also my baby's 6th birthday - so I'm off to be a fairy and stuff teddy bears. Have a great day everyone! for all!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #77  

Ok girls - I once again self sabotaged... I'm down to #182.4 this week.. only a pound loss. I guess it could've been worse - but I was doing SO good up until Friday. I could kick myself! But alas - it just means I need to focus more on me.. get more sleep, work out more and treat my body better. I still have #50 to lose and one pound a week just isn't going to cut it right now.

I'm still on schedule to hit my Super Bowl Goal - but I'd like to get past it early - so that I can meet my Valentine's goal of #175, and my St. Patrick's goal of #164.8 (1/2 way mark) - can't do that if I'm sabotaging myself every week!

I need a lot of girls!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #78  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Fabulous News Ladies - I hit 179 this morning!!! Yahoo! I can believe it - just because I have been working so hard these past few weeks. Eating well, working out very hard and staying on track. It feels great! Just wanted everyone to know!

Eny - I didn't do the 5k - my toes are still bothering me...boo hoo- I know that I could have done it, but I really didn't want to be the last one across the finish line....sooooo....I'm pretty much cancelled due to fear. I'll get my courage up though!

I worked with a personal trainer this morning...it was good, she understands what I want to do...worked me hard...not too hard, but she did push me...she didn't let me slide when she knew I had the strength to do something...in any case, I am going back to the gym tonight, but I also plan on working with her maybe once a week for a bit to get my arse in really good shape. She seems smart and I like that Can't ask for more...now I just have to explain to the guy that wanted to train me (he is often there when I come in, but couldn't fit me into his schedule at this point) that I'm going to stick with her.....that should be fun...yeah...right.

Anywho...I'll be back later...hope everyone is working hard and staying on track...no more splurges Eny - you are supposed to be at 179 with me!!!...actually, you were on schedule to beat me to it...so get back with it!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #79  

Gator - I'm back with you! I was at #180.4 this morning - although I'm wishing that I was 5'8" so that I could be as close to goal as you are I'm sorry about the 5K and your toes. Mine's this weekend - I'm excited. I don't care if I cross last - as long as I cross

I changed my tickers to reference this morning's ticker - I needed something happy to look at. Alright - i have to get back to work. I'll check back later.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #80  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Okay, I read all the posts I missed but I can't remember anything I just read cause I am fixed on the frog leg festival. roflmao What do they do there? Please don't say frog jumping contests cause no one could eat a poor frog then! I love frogs, I just couldn't do it.

WDW was fun, but not as much fun as Disneyland. I am just too used to how they do it there to change my ways now. lol Gosh, I am getting old.

Time to get back to a regular eatting schedule. Regular walking schedule too, although I waled enough in Orlando. That first night I sat in the bath for an hour to soak my calves and feet. My worst vice on vacation was not drinking enough. Gotta work on that big time!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #81  
is baaaad to the bone!

Haha flower - the frogleg festival was interesting - a lot smaller than I thought. I don't eat the frog legs either...however, I have tried them in the past....the funniest part is that there were actually anti-frog leg eating activists outside of the podunk town festival. Seriously...they tried to give me information - my response was "I don't eat frog" then I whispered to my mother..."but I don't care if someone else does"..seriously...we have so many dang frogs where I live...I don't care if they are eaten or not. It was cute and fun...of course shopping on the way home was much more fun. I got 2 new pairs of reeboks from the outlet for $35/each...and I love them better than my nike shox...which I have grown to loathe.

I wrote on my blog about (yes, I'm updating more often!) how I did with the personal trainer and how bad I ache...I'm still kicking my own butt into gear though....have to do it since I didn't for all those years.

I know I am at 179...and I'm being greedy...but I'd really like to hit 177 before the end of the month...just so I know the scale won't fluctuate back up to the 180's...it always scares me! Gosh...I really am greedy.

Eny - I am VERY thankful for my height...I have never ever been jealous of people shorter than me..the weight does spread out a lot better this way and it is nice to know that once I hit 162 I will no longer be overweight...gosh..that's only 17 freaking lbs away...it seems like it will take forever to get to though...

Okay...I'm having a semi-off day - no working at the vet's office and hopefully no more real estate appointments for the day I'm going to lay on the couch and catch up with some online television shows (I don't have tv!)...so this is my way of vegging...and I'm excited....good news is I won't be munching down a whole bag of chips while doing it!

~Amanda
Old 01-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #82  
you can call me flower

There are a few extra frogs in these parts, aren't there? lol

I am going to Key West for the weekend. I feel like such the traveler. This time, hubby comes along. I don't want to go anywhere else without him. The baby is too much work alone! Have you been Amanda?

As for diet, I am not being a glutton, but I am not at 100% either. I am not gonna beat myself up, I need to get rid of my parents. :lol They have NO concept of diet! Wed I will be back on track. I am at least still getting in excersice without even trying much. I brought up 9 loads of groceries from car up 3 flights of stairs yesterday. Mall walked in the evening.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #83  
is baaaad to the bone!

Flower - of course I have been to key west - bad news for you though - not great beaches at all...but a fun time can most definitely be had...make sure you stop by Mile Marker #1 - it's a good photo spot - hopefully you find it....the kids will have tons of fun this weekend I'm sure.

Not much going on other than keeping rather busy - lots of work to do around here...gotta run!
Amanda
Old 01-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #84  

I DID IT!!! I finished my FIRST 5K walk-race! My time was 52:59 - which was decent considering the snow on the ground and the fact that it was 28 degrees out. I'm SO proud of myself! Oh - AND I took FIRST PLACE for my age group!! I FREAKING ROCK!!!

I'll check in with you all tomorrow after my weigh in. Hoping it's good - although i tend to dip the lowest mid week. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A #17X NUMBER!!! &

Last edited by Enygirl; 01-26-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:52 PM   #85  
is baaaad to the bone!

ENY - your smile says it all - you are so proud of yourself and so am I!!! Congratulations - and a medal to boot - so fabulous!!! When is your next 5K???

Big question everyone...should I go skydiving this weekend or not? I'm scared of heights and never thought I would want to...like seriously totally against it...but I guess the right person asked me and I may very well go..we'll see...I'll keep you updated, but please let me know your opinions!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #86  

i would love to go sky diving!!! I say go for it!

The next one I think I'm going to do is the St. Patrick's day one in my hometown. It was a BLAST!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #87  
is baaaad to the bone!

Glad you are going to keep up the 5k's...it'll be worth it and keep you on track with your walking program

Got my measurements this morning...will post on my blog in a bit...but they were all positive - and mostly unexpected. Good news!

As long as I can get someone to cover my shift at work (which I'm thinking I can) then I am on for skydiving. I'm not scared yet...so keep your fingers crossed that I make it!

~Amanda
Old 01-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #88  
you can call me flower

Skydiving, you are braver than me!
Eny-congrats AGAIN.

I am a bit overwhelmed in bills/debt right now. Hopefully I will have a plan and can get back on track and be happy or somewhat calm again.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #89  
is baaaad to the bone!

You'll figure it out Flower - us women always do
Old 01-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #90  

flower - I agree! You'll get it taken care of.

I sucked it up and changed my tickers back to my Sunday weigh in. I'm doing better this week - and hopefully I'll be back down by the end of this week. My NSV this week - My friend at work - who used to be a 12/14 - is now a size 6... Anyhow - she gave me a TON of her old "fat girl" clothes. And since her old clothes are still too small for me - I greatfully took them! So now I have 4 new suits, 6 new pairs of dress pants, Tons of dress shirts and 17 - yes 17 new pairs of Jeans. Best part - I put on one of the 14s and they fit!!! not in the comfortable - now favorite pair - kind of way - but I put them on - and I could zip them up with out having to lay on the bed - pull out the pliers.

I haven't seen a 14 since HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!
Closed Thread