Weight Loss and Chitchat #282

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Marti,,,forgot to mention your book you got is similar to what I got Monte and his pirateology...he loves pirates and ships...and has been knows to speak a bit of pirate on bad days,,,arghhhh ...ha ha ok I really need to get to bed.
  • Hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just spending time here at the house and gearing up for New Year's Eve. we are having some friends over. my younger sister is going to go to another sisters house for the night. Brandon has been enjoying spending time with my sister. Logan and Marissa have been as well, but Brandon keeps following her around.

We did some shopping for New Year's Eve, and I picked up some Diet Cherry Coke Zero. It tastes just like a flat cherry coke! So, I am glad that I did that! On another board that I post on, one of the people mentioned to me that if I start to drink coke zero, that it will cut out about a pound every two weeks or something like that, since I wouldn't be drinking the "leaded" plain coke.

Sassy~ They say that things happen for a reason. So, maybe the reason that your DH didn't get this job is because there is an even better opportunity just around the bend for him!

Jane~ I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Those sound like some really great gifts!

Marti~ We don't have major plans for NYE. We are staying home and some friends of ours are coming over to hang out with us. I gained about a pound too, so I am really on a straight and narrow aspect of looking at things now.

Trish~ My sister that is here, will be 17 next month. So, she is enjoying her little vacation away from home. It is nice to be able to spend some time with her, since she usually comes "down state" and stays at our sister's house that she is going to on NYE. We talk all the time either through email, or the phone.

Sue~ That sounds like a nice WA present! Usually we are Wal-Mart shoppers, which we ended up at anyways. But we just went into Target since it was connected to the mall.

Jules~ If she is already 3-4cm, and they striped her membranes, she might go quickly! I hope that she goes quickly!!! I found that walking helped me when I was pregnant. The more walking I did, the better it made me feel and it helped each child move down farther. That is a great picture of you guys!!!

Angelia~ How are things with you? How much snow do you guys have up there?
  • Ever just feel like the world doesn't like you much??? lol.
    Hey all.

Have ever felt like just everything in the world keeps going wrong for you? I have been feeling that way all day/night/morning. Just different things going on. I know its probably just a coincidence, but just feels like there is almost an evil person watching me pushing a button over and over again for bad things to happen. lol.

Anywho, thanks, thanks, thanks for all the well wishes again for DH. We will be fine, no worries, we are fine and yes, I know there will be better things coming, so its okay........we're okay, really. You all are truly awesome, but just letting you know, we're okay. Thank You All

Well thanks for listening. You all are truly awesome people. You all are doing terrific and I wish you all the best in 2008!!!! I hope its all you want and more!!!!

So thank you all.

• Sassy--yes, I do get those feelings too from time to time...you are not alone...

Mindee--she has been walking--she's ready to try castor oil! SHe asked me if DAve and his Mom stressing her out can be causing the contractions to stop. As soon as she starts--they are both tellling her she HAS to call the doctors office even though she knows it's no time and when she doesn't call he thrpws a temper tantrum. His mom and him even got on her about doing the stripping the membranes thing. Told her she shouldn't have done it, but Dave doesnt like to go to the doctors visits cause of the long wait times.

Marti--everyone is telling her that she will have the first baby of 08. One of my coworkers has a bday on Jan 2 and told Teri she would share her birthday with little Nick.

Cristina--glad we could make her smile. I read posts to Hubby sometimes, he gets jealous of my time spent online sometimes, but like at the moment he is watching his car shows and Speedvision.....and it's not just one...

Hi to everyone else..
    Well off to finish my coffee and make some turkey bacon.
  • Good morning, ladies!

I am very happy to say I am down 2 pounds today! Woohoo! I must say that part of it is probably because of throwing up so much on Christmas but I did good to not put anything on since so I am happy. I am little over a pound away from my first twenty pound goal, yay! Of course I changed it over to 10 pound goals now, figure they would be easier to achieve and not seem so overwhelming to reach. Going to WI on the New Years just because it is the beginning of a New Year and then again on my Sat WI. Starting a New year and I want to see the changes from the very first day. Anyway...

JULES...hopefully by now Teri is in the hospital ready to deliver. I feel for her. I think deep down V gets a little jealous of my online time but he never says anything. I share things with him too so...hey, how do you like the turkey bacon? I have been thinking about trying it because I love bacon. I actually haven't had any in a long time because I always eat too much of the stuff.

SASSY...I don't think I can count on both hands how many times I have felt that way so as Jules said "You are not alone." We are here for you anytime you want to talk. Just hang in there sweetie.

MINDEE...I tried coke zero and thought that was the worst tasting stuff ever, lol. I gave it to V...he's like Mikey...he'll eat or drink anything, or just about anything. Why not diet coke? I am addicted to diet coke but have really cut back a lot. Drinking a lot more water but there are times I just need my diet coke.

SUE...yes, Josh has basically moved in with his GF, lol. I've seen him maybe 8 hours in the last almost two weeks, lol. Oh well, I am just glad he is happy. Glad you guys had a nice Christmas, hope you mom gets to feeling better soon.

JANE...glad you guys had a nice Christmas as well. Nice that you are back in control with the eating, hoping to do that myself. With being sick I wasn't eating right...just trying to keep something down so it was mainly jello and soup for a couple of days. Was too afraid to eat any solid food.

MARTI...I took a gander at your journal...that is really cute...I love the fairies.

TRISH...looks like you are enjoying that new laptop! Wish I could, or actually would want to, get used to using the finger as the mouse, I would probably get one. For now though this desktop is fine.

Well, no special plans for the day. Still being lazy until I feel 100% back to normal. V is going to be painting the front door. We got a new, solid door for the front...didn't like the one with the window. So he's painting that before he puts it on, along with a new storm door. I think the house feels naked without the storm door, lol. Anyway, my plan is to stay out of his way and finish putting Christmas stuff away, get a couple loads of laundry done and read. Still working on that one book.

I haven't gotten any exercise in for a week and that is probably another reason I am feeling bad. But I am just going to take it easy until the first when I plan to get back on track and ready for a new year, a new challenge!

Have a GREAT weekend!
  • Cristina...I am slowly gearing up for the 1st myself. I went out and walked a mile today, and it is dang cold. I will bike a couple miles this afternoon.(inside)

I have been eating right at breakfast and lunch, then it seems all h**l breaks loose and I just can't stop eating. Soooo, my goal for today is to cut the sweets and just eat a few nuts when I must snack. I still have some nuts in the shells and DH bought me a can of almonds. I HAVE to be done with the fudge and cookies.
    If I can accomplish this goal then by the 1st maybe I will be ready to eat right all day.

I gained back up to the dreaded 170. It is my onus in life to weigh 170 I swear. No matter if I go up or down I am usually quickly back to 170. What's with that?

Sassy, My DH can really identify with you...he feels like everything goes wrong for him on a daily basis. LOL Like if he spills something it will happen twice. Chin up sweetie.

Jules, Sounds like we can expect a baby very soon now. I never took castor oil, ugh. I did walk a lot trying to bring on DD as she was 2 weeks late. It didn't seem to help...they come when THEY are darn good and ready.

Hope everyone has a nice week-end and stays warm!
  • Hi all, just wanted to pop in and see how everyone's doing, and to see what the deal is with our Teri. I'll try to bbl.
  • Checking back before signing off...

SUE...good for you for getting that exercise in! Maybe 170 is you winter weight. I know I go thru times where I want to quit because I get stuck so I try to do something to shock my body, trick it, lol. Like this last time starting...so far, so good. Kudos to you though for braving the cold. I just bring myself to get out in it. Of course right now the streets are a little messy so wouldn't even attempt it anyway. You'll get back on track, you always do!

JANE...see ya later

Okay, have a good day ladies.
  • Thanks all.......I am truly just fine. I was really just making a statement. lol.

to all
  • Just popping in to say hello. Got most of my stuff done today, have a naked tree sitting in the front room.
    Brandon bought me a mop for Christmas,,,a mop you say? One of those mops made with the miracle cloth or something. Greatest thing ever! Geesh I should doa commerical. Cause today I tried that baby out on everything...even outside...cleaning windows.

Mindee we have a inch of snow? I think..its packed down cause it was nice and sunny but with a biting cold wind. Somehow made a packed down icy inch of snow. I mostly have been wearing hoodies during the day,,,then if going out at night I wear a light wind breaker type jacket. So much for thinking Canada being the land of snow and tundra eh? (threw in the eh,,,can't disappoint you completely on any notions of me...lol) But don't get me wrong,,,we sometimes can get the foot or more of snow...
    Where I am orginally it was the tundra part of Canada. Where you couldn't walk in the ditch in case you feel in and was trapped. Sometimes the snow would be so deep it would cover windows. But the windows would be covered with an inch of ice. I remember flying up even farther up north to a place called Rankin Inlet (scary place) and there people left their vehicles running all night cause it would freeze and then they couldn't start them up again. Im going to see if I could google that place...and if it looks like it was when I was there,,,which was over 25 yrs ago. I know it was the coldest place I ever went to. (other then San Fran in April,,,ha ha )
  • ps anyone ever read the book or listen to the tape the Secret?
  • Back again for a quick HI and BYE

Lots of hugs to you Sassy!
  • hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just hanging around the house. we are out of money so we are enjoying time here at home. nothing really planned for Sunday either......my sister offered to watch the kids while we use our gift card and go to dinner. she said that we seem tense and that since she is offering that we should go. we are not sure if we are going to go or not.

Sassy~ We all have days like that! We seem to be having a lot of days like that around here recently!

Jules~ Dave sounds like a jerk when it comes to this situation. I would sau y that there is a huge chance that her contractions stopping is from them stressing her out by making her call the doctor. Has she told them that she wasn't instructed to call the doctor until they are 5 minutes apart? (don't do like I did with Logan.....I called my doctor's office when they were coming every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes apart) If I were in Teri's shoes, I would tell Dave that when he is capable of carrying a baby and then going into labor, then he can tell me what to do. But until then, just hold my hand through the contractions and keep his mouth shut.

Cristina~ I didn't think that I would like the diet cherry coke zero because I don't usually like diet coke. But for some reason, this stuff tastes really good! So, I am jumping on the train! We are going to really kick it into high gear and take down our Christmas tree! We still have it up right now, which is odd for us since usually it comes down the day after Christmas.

Jane~ How are you doing?

Angelia~ I was wondering when we were going to get an eh from you! I am surprised that you guys haven't gotten any more snow then that! We have gotten a couple of good snow storms, but the snow always melts and leaves us nothing left over! I knew a girl with the last name Rankin. Actually I still know her. I will have to google that place and see some pictures of it!
  • Hey all........

Just got done watching "Failure to Launch" w/ Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McConaughey, Tery Bradshaw and Kathy Bates (love her)........it was pretty funny, although I think I have already seen it, but with my "old age" I can't remember if I have or not! lol...........

Angie -- Aaaaaaahh a naked tree! lol.........I've seen those miracle mops....I hate mopping...........I had a clorox mop but my Dear Sweet Husband decided to break it.........lol.......

Cristina -- to you!!

Mindee -- I know too well what you mean about being broke..........hope you have fun if you decide to go out.

Well I keep getting hot and cold, I can't get comfortable.............must be old age..........lol..............

Anyway, I just wanted to share............

Anyways, take care all.

• Good Morning & to all you Ladies,

Couldn't sleep so up early after going to bed very late last night more like this morning. Slept about 3 hours. I'm glad though because I've decided that I am going to start getting up early and go to bed at a decent hour like I used to do. So I weighed when I got up which was earlier than usual, but it looks like I stayed the same. I'll weigh tomorrow to see for sure.

DH was still up when I got up so he will be sleeping all day so I'm going to spend the day reading and doing my own thing. So this is just a quick hello and say have a great day.

Trish