The January Club

You're on Page 9 of 32
Go to
  • Great results, Kelly and mtiger. What are those people doing who lost so much weight?

Today I did 24 min on the elliptical, then a Group Power class, then 21 min on the bike. I was chatting so the bike part wasn't very intense. Oh well. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. My weight was 157.6 this morning, so the same as last Friday.
  • Kelly and mtiger - Congratulations on the losses! That's fantastic! I'm sure the other contestants won't be pulling out 8lb losses next week. They probably lost a load of water water. Two and three pounds is definitely nothing to shrug at. I'm elated if I lose that much in a week.

Even though there are five huge pizzas in the break room yesterday, I didn't eat a single bite. Yay for me! I stuck to my sandwich and yogurt.
  • Good Morning
    Hey everyone. I must say I'm quite pleased with myself. In 3 weeks I have lost 7 pounds, 3 this week. I think that is great. I'm almost down to where I was in the spring. Can't wait!!!

Wardhog- hang in there. As much as you workout, you have got to lose something soon. Eating enough?

Foucault- I know how tempting that pizza was. That happened to me last week. The worst part was I was walking laps and had to go past it every single lap. Good job staying tough. I just need to plan pizza into my life sometimes, because I love it too much.

As for the big losers this week, some of them had gorged the week before cleaning out their cupboards of candy and cookies. I don't think it will happen again. Now the game is really on. We'll see who has staying power.
  • Today I did a Group Ride class, then a 5 mile jog on the treadmill (1 hour). I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today.

Tomorrow I have a family birthday party. I hope to be able to get to the gym beforehand, and I know eating will be off plan. I'll be back at it on Monday. It's snowing pretty good here right now though, so all those plans might be out the window. One inch of snow is enough to shut this area down. LOL

Have a great week-end everyone!
  • Hi Everyone,

It's so great to read about all the losses. I had a small gain this week but I'm not discourged. I didn't get to work out because of being ill and I know that I didn't eat the greatest.

I did have a very stern talk with myself and I got out my old journals that I kept when I lost 40 lbs 2 years ago to see how I did it. Do you know how I did it? I journaled and posted on this website every day...so there is my answer and now I'm putting it into action.

I'm still coughing my head off with this cold but I can tell that I'm slowly getting better. I will go back to walking this week for my workouts and then plan on adding the weights and other classes back in the next week. I don't want to overdue and get sick again.

Mtiger & Kelly: You both a doing GREAT and it's wonderful to read how great you are feeling about yourselfs. Keep it up.

Focult and Wardhog: You guys are doing great too! Keep it up. I love reading about those small success...working out everyday, passing up the food temptations. It all adds up to losses at the scales and smaller US!
  • mtiger - You're shedding those pounds like crazy! I'm sure you'll still be going strong when all the people who aren't serious about this life change are dropping out of the competition like flies.

WardHog - Enjoy the birthday party, provided the snow doesn't muck up your day.

Susie - I know what you mean about journaling. The minute I stopped logging my food, I stopped losing. Isn't it crazy how we can misled ourselves when we aren't writing things down. I thought I was eating healthy, but apparently not. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I managed to catch and get rid of my yearly cold before I went back into weight loss mode. I can't imagine trying to work out, eat healthy, and battle the cough from ****.

I had a productive day. I shopped for groceries and made a huge pot of vegetable soup to eat on for the next two weeks. I also walked my dog (and two others dogs) at the park. All in all, I probably did about two miles. I even got my house cleaning down so I can relax tomorrow and take a nice, long walk with my dog again.
  • Hi,

I woke up this morning feel GREAT. I think the cold and coughing are gone! I called my workout partner to let her know I would meet her tomorrow for our workout.

I usually work out on Sunday afternoon's as well but I'm not today because I'm preparing for a surprise 40th b-day party for my younger brother. I've told myself that I can have one small piece of cake and that's it for the cake. I"m making sure that I DON'T have any of it left at the end of the party. I will find someone to send it home with our I've asked my husband to just take it to the trash after everyone leaves. I LOVE cake so I can't have it in the house. And tomorrow I'll be home alone while DH goes to work so I KNOW I don't want it here.

Journaling is helping me. Even though I have had a few times where I've eaten something I shouldn't..like the 3 cookies I had after coming home from church while I was waiting on lunch to be ready..I'm not binging like I have been known to do. Knowing I'm going to see it in writing is stopping me.

Focult: A two-mile walk is a great workout. Keep it up and you will continue to see that scale go down.
  • I was so excited yesterday to see I was down another pound and a half, then bummed this morning when it was back up 2 pounds. But, I will not let it get me down, I will just work more and keep my chin up. I still feel better than I did and I have more energy.

Terrific job to all of you that are avoiding CAKE, I know it is so hard. The kids at school had 3 birthdays this week, and it was very difficult to say no to cupcakes, cookies, and punch. Another teacher also had an MLK celebration, and then sent around leftover cake. I managed to say no to all of it!! It is funny to hear the kids at school trying to decide which teachers to take their leftover cupcakes to. They keep saying, "No, not her, she's doing the Biggest Loser, she'll say no." They crack me up!
  • LOL - all this cake talk is funny. I had a piece with ice cream today. I am also going to a friend's for dinner. Might as well get all the bad eating out of the way. My weight was down 1.2 pounds this morning - oh, well.

I did 30 min on the elliptical and 30 min on the stair climber this morning.
  • What's with the up-and-down crazy scales lately? I was down 2.5 this morning, but my weigh in isn't until Tuesday. I hope it will still be down 2.5 come then, but I'm not counting on it. I'll just be disappointed if that's what I'm expecting and I get a 0.5 loss.

Susie - I'm glad you're feeling better! Sometimes you just need cake, no way around it. I guess the trick is to stop after one piece. I've had days where I could eat half a 13 x 9 inch cake pan full of moist and delicious goodness.

Kelly - I love how the kids are being considerate about the competition. That's great! And good for you for saying now to all the goodies. I know how hard it is sometimes. But just imagine how happy you'll be when you see a lower number on the scale, instead of a higher one.

WardHog - Oooh, ice cream. That's another weakness of mine. I could go in Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop and eat a pint right there at the counter. And all of their stuff is so fattening.

I was in the mood for something a little sweet today, so I got a brownie with my Subway sandwich. It was 140 calories and 3 grams of fat, so not bad at all. It was pretty tasty, too. I wanted about five of them, but I stopped myself after one. ;-) I walked about 3 miles today with my dog. It was nice outside, and I like getting out and breathing in some fresh air.
  • Keep it Up
    Well I was down another half pound today. I am surprised!! The way it goes with me I go up down, up down. I haven't bumped up in a while. Yeah!!! We all need to have a little something "bad" once in a while. Cake, brownie, ice cream. I will just have a little, enough to satisfy the craving.

I did not feel like working out yesterday, but I made myself do it. I have not missed one day of working out yet. I thought, don't start now. I have even had a terrible cold, but I just keep on plugging away. I am determined to rid this body of fat.

I feel great about what I've accomplished so far. I can hardly wait to see the 220's. I am so excited. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Way to go, mtiger!

Well, I now have had two bad eating days. This must stop. I worked out today - 30 min on the elliptical, a Group Power class, and 15 min on the stair climber. But if I want to lose I need to eat right. Why must I sabotage myself?
  • mtiger - Isn't it a great feeling when you realize the easy way to lose the weight is actually the way that works? I'm just counting calories and working out for about 30 minutes each day. It's nice to know that such a simple plan can get results. I'll see you in the 220's!

WardHog - You went off plan for a b-day party, didn't you? At least you caught it early and can get back on plan easily. You can do it!

I'm still on plan. Although, I felt like like crap today. I have a cold sore on my lower lip and I feel like it is growing by the second. Half of me didn't feel like eating anything today because of the grossness of the cold sore. The other half of me wanted to stuff fatty, sugary, bad-for-me things in my mouth just to make myself feel better about the stupid cold sore. I didn't splurge, though. I ate what I was supposed to. Although, I might allow myself two little biscotti tonight instead of just one. Tomorrow is weigh-in for me. I've got my fingers crossed.
  • Hi Everyone,

It seems like everyone is doing ok and at the same time fighting to stay on track. I think that's pretty normal. We are at about the 3rd week and our bodies and minds can play tricks on us. Motivation can weaken so we must post every day, especially the day (s) that we are off plan so we can get back on plan.

I did well with the cake but I will admit that I've thought about how a big second piece would taste and make me feel.

I HATE cold weather and we are having a really cold snap right now. It makes me feel anxious, sad and tired, so I want to eat to comfort...but I WILL not let myself this time...I just won't. Spring is out there and I want to wear shorts, sleevless shirts and not feel self-conscious about it.

Focult: I hope that cold sore goes away soon. I get them to and they are not fun. I hope you have good news at the scales tomorrow.

Mtiger: you are doing great!

Kelly: A lot of things can make the scales go up and down like that. Just stay on plan and it will come off and it won't show back up on the scales.

Wardhog: I have been known to self-sabatoge too. Do you have any idea why you think you are doing that? I find that when I do it it's because I feel out of control in some other area other than with food. Hang in there, keep posting..keep working out and every day, minute, whenever you get off plan, get right back on.
  • How is everyone doing so far this week? My weigh in was this morning, and I'm down 2.5 pounds. Yay! I am so looking forward to getting out of the 220's. And I'm definitely looking forward to getting out of the 200's, but that's a few months down the line. My birthday is at the end of May, and I'm hoping that I'll be under 200 by that time. If I can be down to 180 or 190 by the time this year is finished, I'll jump for joy.

Susie - Good for you! Stopping yourself after one piece is a huge accomplishment. I'm just like you - always tempted by the thought of how yummy a second piece would be. I, too, am a cold weather eater. Binging in the winter is one of my favorite things to do. So, it is especially hard for me to lose around this time of year when the weather is cold and the sky is cloudy. But stuffing our faces right now just isn't worth it. I know we can work hard and look great in cute summer clothes by the time warmer weather rolls around.

I hope everyone else is doing well and staying on plan. My cold sore is diminishing slowly, but surely. It certainly isn't as painful today, though my lip is swollen. All in all, it's a good Tuesday morning, and I'm sure the week will just get better.