The January Club

You're on Page 32 of 32
Go to
  • Hi guys! I did Group Power this morning, and 46 min of cardio. I stayed on plan yesterday and just got back from school picnic #1. I didn't eat anything there, despite one of the teachers holding home made chocolate chip cookies in front of me and asking if I wanted one. Repeatedly. School picnic #2 is tomorrow. I weighed 137.6 this morning and I'm pretty happy with that.
  • Well I am working on taking off the 2 pounds I gained during TOM. Why does it go on so quickly and then take so long to come back off? I am down a little bit more today. Another 1/2 pound and I'll be back where I started. Man, this is work. I want to get below 220 on the new scale so bad, I hope it happens in the next week or so. Today I sit at 222.4, so I am really close.

Wardhog- Congrats on surviving the picnic. One more to go. You know what will be tough? Open house season. I have several to go to this year and they are always food fests. I will have to be diligent and choose carefully. We also have a work hot dog roast coming up. Minefield.

Susie- Have fun at the new gym. It will be nice working out right there and then going home. That is what Kelly and I do. Unfortunately, we don't have a gym to do it in. We make it work though. Keep logging and be mindful of your eating. I'm sure you will see a loss.

See ya tom. Hope my scale shows at least another small loss.
  • Hello,

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I was with my doctor yesterday. I finally got her to sign the release form for the gym at work, but she didn't want to sign it because it states that she has to consult with me that I could die from overexcetion. This comes from someone who works out in a class with me at our local gym! We talked some about my weight issue and she has stated many times in the past and did so yesterday that I seem to have to work at it harder than others and will little to no result. She even said she thought that I might have a metabolic issue but she didn't know what to do about it and mentioned the fact, over and over, that her malpractice insurance did not let her treat weight-loss. I was so upset by the time I left. This woman has been my doctor for the past 25 years and I'm starting to question if she has my health interest at heart.

Anyway, I have the waiver and I'm excited to be able to work out in this facility. They have trainers on staff and it's all a part of the membership, no extra fees for working with one! How great is that!

Ward: You strong woman..resisting the cookies!

Mindy: Your efforts are showing.

I need to run to a meeting. Talk to you all later.
  • There was cake and ice cream at today's picnic, but I resisted. I ran 6.2 mi today in two sessions, one before carpool and one after. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today. It's my low calorie day, so that's a bummer.

See you tomorrow.
  • I must have missed your post yesterday, Susie. I was running around like mad. Anyway, I am glad you got the waiver, but did your doctor offer to refer you to someone who could address the metabolic issues? How frustrating.

Mindy, is that 1/2 pound gone today?

I did Group Power and 45 min of cardio today. I stayed on plan yesterday and I have lots of extra calories to eat today. yay! Weight is holding steady at 137.2.
  • Hello,

I have been doing very well with my food and exercise. I have been very tired but once I go and exercise I get more energy. I tell myself that every day when it comes time to work out. It gets me out the door.

Last night I had my Firm class and we worked hamstrings and quads and shoulders and delts. I can feel those muscles today! I also walked for 30 min with my walking partner. I will workout at my local gym tonight and then tomorrow I'll work out at work because I have a hair appt. tomorrow night and can't make it to the home gym. I just love having this flexibility!

Ward: You are such a busy woman! How are you spending those calories today? How many do you get? No, my docotor didn't suggest anyone for the metabolic issue. That's why I'm wondering if maybe it's not time to find a new doctor!

Mindy: I have a lot of graduation open houses to go to this year as well. What's your plan of attach to choose wisely or better yet, be like Ward and say no to the foods?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys. I can't do this without you!
  • Hey guys,

Well that 1/2 pound is almost gone. I was at 221.8 this morning and yesterday I was 222.4 I think. I guess it was more like a pound. I want out of the 220's SSSOOOO BBBBAAAADDDD!!!! Like I said before, it will be the third time I have gone below that. Once on the old scale, once on the new scale and now on the new, new scale. So I am hoping it happens this week.

Susie- Good for you working out almost everyday it sounds like. I am wondering if I shouldn't just cough up some money and join a gym. I get so bored working out at home by myself. Kelly has been really busy and her and I haven't been able to get together very much. At least I would have options. Kind of like you.

Open houses- Yikes!! Well usually there is some lunchmeat, ham or turkey. Maybe jello, or a little pasta salad. Gotta stay away from the chips and cakes. Cake is actually pretty easy to resist these days. But brownies or chocolate, look out. I also think if I eat before going, that will certainly help.

Wardhog- Good for you staying at 137. Keep up the good work.

I took tom. off from work. I just needed a break from those kids. They are not listening and have already checked out for summer. This is the worst time of the year. Only a few days left. I can do it. Talk to you tom.
  • I took the day off from work and boy does it feel good. I don't ever just take a day off for no reason. I did schedule a guy to come give an estiamte for new garage doors. So that is a good excuse I guess.

This morning the scale said 221 on the nose. Down .8 from yesterday. That puts me a little lower than my pre-TOM weight. Man, thos 2 pounds went on so easy and came off harder. But they are gone now and I am moving towards my mini, mini goal of under 220, again. Hope to get there within the week.

I'll be back later to check on you all and see how you are doing today. Just wanted to report the good news.
  • Hi Guys,

I had a great stationary bike ride last night. I did 30 min and I rode 6 miles. That is my best distant in that time yet. It felt good to do it.

I'll be doing my first workout at the work gym today. I'm a little nervous. It's a new place but soon it won't feel that way.

We are having a retirment celebration for a lady in our dept. today and I wanted to be sure I got here early so I can have my mind set on my goal and resit the "retirement cake".

Mindy: YEAH..you got rid of those 2 lbs. It is so easy to put on and hard to take off but you did it! Enjoy your day off today. It's nice to have those random days off.

Ward: Looking forward to your post.

Kelly: How are you doing? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
  • Hi guys! Mindy, congratulations on the loss! And enjoy your day off. My son finished his school year on Tuesday and my daughter's last day was yesterday. When the bus dropped her off, the kids on it were absolutely wild and the driver looked like she was about to pull her hair out! It might be a loooong summer - we'll see. It's a little too cold to go swimming yet, and also we're having the new toilets installed today, so we're kind of stuck here today anyway.

Susie, I hope you love your new gym. I was nervous when I started, too, especially when I tried new classes. Soon it will feel like home. Great bike ride yesterday - you were going fast!

Today I did Group Ride and 52 min of cardio. I stayed on plan yesterday (up 1.4 pounds to show for it) and I am on track for today.

See you tomorrow!
  • Wow, this whole crash thing is interesting. I thought I would come to the old thread and post so it will bump up to the top. I hope you guys find it. If you don't show up in the next few days, I'll come searching for you.

Talk soon.
  • I think the new thread went bye bye with the crash. I'll go ahead and start another one, since this one is close to 500.