The SIX PACK ABS/bikini-ready bodies CLUB - December 2007!

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Hi I had a great night last night worked out twice lol!!! I get on the treadmill and just go town. I will not let him get me depressed!! I will be in a bikini this summer and I decided once I get down I am going to get my belly button pierced lol!!!
  • Italiancalgirl- glad you kept the treadmill!

I am the grand master of being single. I would be happy to offer advice on how to tackle your newly-found singlehood with style and enthusiasm. Just a warning... I've been known to make people who aren't single consider giving someone a good, swift kick to the curb! I still occasionally look around my three-bedroom, two-bath house in the 'burbs and wonder how the h I got here from the coolest single girl car/job/apartment/life...
  • i was wondering if i could join this thread.

i'm new to 3fc. i'm not really looking to lose weight. mostly just get in shape and tone up. Gain some confidence in myself. but i have a hard time with self-discipline. I'm hoping i can keep up with an exercise routine this time around.

i've been walking on my treadmill for about 30 minutes at a time. i'm trying to work toward running. But my lungs won't allow for that right now. i'm trying my best to quit smoking. i'm doing pretty well too. i've only had 3 cigarettes in the past five days. none today!
  • There's no such thing as late! Anybody can join any time! Welcome!
  • Weird but I'm pretty excited to have turkey leftovers to divvy into serving sized baggies. It's so much easier to eat right if you can reach into the fridge and grab the perfect protein portion.

I also have carrots and brussel sprouts left over but I'm not sure I'll enjoy those as much
  • Susan I totally agree that it's a lot easier to stay on track and not stray when the healthy food is the easy option. I try to do the same thing as you and portion everything in advance so my eyes don't magically make my meal twice as big. Then if I make eating bad inconventent I'm usually too lazy to go out of my way to get or make it.

This morning I had a chocolate muffin... it was wonderful but a little depressing my dessert for the day is already over. Oh well, tomorrow will be here before I know it. I made up for the calories by having a protein shake a watermelon for my post gym workout (burned a whopping 700 calories).

I was really good about the gym all week and these coming weeks should not be a problem because I'm done with school till the end of January. Oh and the boyfriend and I worked out our issues so for the time being my life is stress free yay!

Welcome deerylou! Hopefully we will help you get and stay motivated to tone up and quit smoking for good. The more you exercise without smoking the easier it will get and I think once your body adjusts you will feel quite a bit better. Your lungs will even cooperate to start running!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • Three days is enough turkey for now! We're having salmon for supper.

I shoveled snow this morning (snow cardio) so I think me and my legs will address that barbell this evening.
  • Hey ladies. Today was day 22 of my 21 days of no cheating...and let's just say I fell a WEE bit off plan. ROFL. I bet I ate close to 3000 calories today easy. *sigh* ROFL...OOPS. *snicker* I don't even care because I've done this so long now that I'm back on track tomorrow and one day won't kill me. The really exciting thing is that tonight, as fat and bloated as my belly is from all the junk (I actually had to down some pepto bismol I ate so much..LOL)...it's still smaller and looks better than it did 23 days ago. Yay me!

I hope everyone else stayed on plan better than I did today! LOL

I've decided I'm going to enjoy Christmas and then really think about whether or not figure competitions will be in future after the New Year.

Oh and on a slightly unrelated note...I squatted 115lbs today....SIX times!!
  • 21 days ... wow! I'm excited that I actually lifted two days in a row. I'd better be doing something right cuz it ain't eating
  • Howdy and WELCOME, deerylou. chime in any time

I just ate a delicious turkey and veggie wrap with lowfat Italian dressing... MMM!

I've been going through this pattern where I will be on plan for 6 days and then mess up for one. I wish I could just be on plan for a consecutive week! 21 days, goinforthegold... DAMN girl, I wish I had your willpower!

Melissa, I'm glad to hear that you and your boyfriend have worked out your issues... and that therefore, he stopped being a butthead.

Quote: so much easier to eat right if you can reach into the fridge and grab the perfect protein portion.
    Amen, sister. I need to put some high protein snacks in my fridge. The GF went shopping for groceries and unfortunately forgot to buy things with protein in them since she never eats them
  • Okay, one last thing: I HATE all these FESTIVE parties that they are having at work! it's REALLY hard to stay on plan with all this junk food around! I ate a couple cookies today but I could have been worse for sure. I wish they would celebrate with chicken, broccoli, and salad!
  • I hear ya on the holiday parties. The Godiva advent calendar my fiance brought home isn't advancing my cause either. Let's each chocolate each day in anticipation of the day we eat a TON of bad stuff. Who came up with this?!?

At least I don't look like Mrs. Claus... yet!
  • Good morning!

Along the lines of planning ... I'm having a terrible time getting my head around what day it is and what shift comes next. Our schedule gets pretty messed up to accommodate our holiday requests. For instance ... I've been on days all week, today I work evenings and I'm off tomorrow. But I think I have my head around the next four days ... so calmly now ...

Ok ... now that I have that figured out ... I should plan my work lunches, a couple of workouts and another shopping run.
  • Don't be so impressed ladies, I had two BIG cheats in that 21 day period of time. And day 22 was really bad!! LOL, yesterday wasn't great either but today I've shown AMAZING restraint with all the candy and cookies in my house so hopefully I'm back on track. GAWD I can't wait until the holidays are over. LOL
  • Ok, I just took some progress pictures for my trainer because it's one month since I started with her. Thought I'd share my latest belly shot with my fellow six pack hopefuls. So far I'm still not seeing any packs, 4, 6 or otherwise but the good news is I have HUGE ribs. *sigh* ROFL

Anyway, here it is.