Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Italiancalgirl: (((HUGS))) on the divorce! That must be so rough. But, put down the food and get to the gym...that will make you feel so much better.

Hehe, I'm embarrassed to say my binge food. *rofl* I'm a hopeless sugar addict so it was candy. Jujubes to be exact. An entire bag. Then two cookies. No worries, I'm back on the wagon today. Almost as soon as I finished the bag I got an email from my trainer congratulating me on a job well done, etc (I had sent her my 2 week progress report earlier). Talk about guilt. That snapped me back into shape...though I emailed her today asking about what I was allowed to cheat on and how much once day 22 hits! I like to plan ahead. She's SOOOO strict!! She's a professional bodybuilder/figure model (see the cover of the Oxygen Abs edition) and I think she wants me to get into figure competitions eventually so she's not cutting me much slack at all. I'll admit, I love the idea of doing that...although I don't know if I have what it takes. Jujubes might be my downfall.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Jujubes also taste awful whenever you're not eating them Really.

Butthead boyfriend... a divorce... big hugs to both of you!

I made it back to the gym last night FINALLY! I'll be shovelling snow tonight instead (ick!).
Old 12-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Evening folks!

Another good day. My carbs are a bit high and my protein lower than I'd like but overall not bad. I think I'm managing with low cal because I'm not doing much lifting or fast cardio.
I'm finagalling for an extra day with my three day weekend. I'd like one day to do hard legs, fast cardio and nap. Then the house cleaning, baking and parties can begin.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Good morning Today has been a good day for me so far, and so was yesterday. Now that I can afford healthy foods, everything is cool again. I ate a little bit of ice cream last night, though, but since it was only 1/2 a cup, I doubt I did much harm.

However, today I'm aiming for no ice cream.

Lafayette, shoveling burns calories. Susan, housecleaning does too!

goinforthegold, that is AMAZING that your trainer is a figure competitor and wants you to get into it also - no wonder she is so strict - you are going to be looking fab really fast ****, you are already looking good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikini Ready
When I tell people how much I weigh they think I'm lying because I have LOTS of muscle which as we all know can throw the scale number off a bit. It used to bother me that I weighed so much untill I got into the whole body fat thing. Right now I'm 25-26% and at my goal will be 20-22% (by the end of January).
This is going to sound peculiar, but when I tell people how much I weigh, they are surprised, too, BECAUSE they think I weigh MORE than I do I THOUGHT that when I got toned, trim, and muscular, people would think I weighed LESS. I can fit all my thin clothes (4-6 regular, 5-7 jr, the occasional 3), and when I was 120-125 (thin) people thought I weighed 110-115. The excuse people give me is always, "You're VERY muscular and muscle weighs more than fat."
I guess that's good... it's better than, "You're just such a big tub of lard that I thought you would weigh more."

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-12-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #50  

Morning!
Procrastinating has paid off. I was sitting here hitting refresh and tidying the desk and I found a dollar!

Yes, I'm slow moving this morning. My shake is in the blender and I will go for the mail. I don't think I have any errands ... and then work.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I skipped the gym tonight to talk to a consultant about me possibly getting a new job... I called and had to leave her a message even though we'd set a time for the call. I just know the sooner we talk, the sooner I can get out of my current sucktastic job... oh, well.

On to bigger and better things! I'm going to go eat soemthing healthy!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
Jujubes also taste awful whenever you're not eating them Really.
Ah ya, thanks....nice try but I'm not buying it. ROFL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
goinforthegold, that is AMAZING that your trainer is a figure competitor and wants you to get into it also - no wonder she is so strict - you are going to be looking fab really fast ****, you are already looking good

This is going to sound peculiar, but when I tell people how much I weigh, they are surprised, too, BECAUSE they think I weigh MORE than I do I THOUGHT that when I got toned, trim, and muscular, people would think I weighed LESS. I can fit all my thin clothes (4-6 regular, 5-7 jr, the occasional 3), and when I was 120-125 (thin) people thought I weighed 110-115. The excuse people give me is always, "You're VERY muscular and muscle weighs more than fat."
I guess that's good... it's better than, "You're just such a big tub of lard that I thought you would weigh more."
Ya, we'll see...although I love the idea and was initially flattered, it occured to me that if she suckers me into competing, that's more money for her b/c she'll need to train me longer. So, I don't know...not only is it a LOOOOTTTT of work and do I not really believe I'll ever have the body for it, it's also incredibly expensive. We'll see what happens over the next few months. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Try not to worry too much about what weight people perceive you to be. I know that's easier said than done...but really, as long as you are happy with how you look and are fit and strong, that's all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
I skipped the gym tonight to talk to a consultant about me possibly getting a new job... I called and had to leave her a message even though we'd set a time for the call. I just know the sooner we talk, the sooner I can get out of my current sucktastic job... oh, well.

On to bigger and better things! I'm going to go eat soemthing healthy!
Good luck!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 PM   #53  

I got my spare day off ... patient census permitting ... a four day weekend! I could cry, I'm sooo looking forward to it!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:38 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 170/154/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all I had crappppy night last night the dumb stbx wants to take my treadmill told him no way I have lost 20 lbs and I am gonna keep going and the jerk said oh im sorry didn't even notice! Like you can't tell when someone has lost that much weight!!!!! But thats ok because if he hadn't of noticed he would of said great job right lol?
Old 12-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #55  

People who want to hurt you will say almost anything.
We'll never do that!

I haven't finished putting my food from yesterday in fitday yet but it's not nearly as good as the two days before. But that's OK. Today is gonna be 90% about me. Clean food, exercise, rest and only the housework that strikes my fancy.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #56  

Legs were good. Cardio ... less than stellar ... and now to napping!

What a great day so far!
Old 12-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #57  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I got a nice nap in today too, it was wonderful! Actually the whole day was very good... ate well, wroked out, got to realx, and went to a birthday party! I have to get up at 5 tomorrow though... ugh at leat I'll have a jump start on the day and I'm going to make sure it's another good one.

Soon to be exs are no fun... my butthead boyfriend seems to be heading in that direction, we'll see what happens... in the mean time I'm going to focus on me! Definitely can't let others get us down, good thing we are all here for eachother.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I've done very well the last few days and am quite happy with my progress... ALTHOUGH there are still some tight pairs of pants that give me muffin tops and make me frown. Oh well! I seem to mess up once on most days, but one controlled serving/portion of crap food is much better than the binges I used to go on.

Melissa, if I may ask, what is your boyfriend doing that is making him such a butthead right now?

Susan, did you enjoy your extra day off?
Old 12-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #59  

Morning!
I did enjoy my extra day off. And for all the doin' nuthin' and sleepin' I did ... I also made a pretty good dent in the things I have to do before the kids come tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #60  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I just got back from a nice tough workout at the gym and had a delicious turkey wrap for lunch, yummy! Today has been another good day, shouldn't be a problem to get through the rest of the day without an oops.

Everyone seems to be doing better this week comapred to last week, way to go us!

Oh and the boyfriend thing... we are both REALLY busy. I have class, homework, work, workingout etc... He is a trainer and coaches high school football, basketball and track. Needless to say it's tough to make time to see eachother and the past month I think I've seen him three times when we are used to seeing eachother everyday it has been really hard to adjust. We decided we both needed to make more of an effort to make time for eachother and it hasn't happened. I'm just as gulity as him but it's easier to blame him... it's more frustrating than anything else cause I love him to death and I hate that other stuff always gets in the way, know what I mean?
Closed Thread