Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

YAY, I stop being broke tomorrow! Back to protein bars, lean protein, and clean eating for me. I've tried not to mess up by going over my caloric limit these last few days because that is all I can do. I took a few pics of my progress, but I don't think I've made much HOWEVER, I DO notice that my loose skin is tightening up just a tad, which makes me really really happy. My GF noticed it too actually and pointed it out first.

Attachment 27806 Attachment 27807
I really hope more of this can tighten up soon... I WAS looking forward to that photo shoot but I will be dreading it if my stomach looks like this

Melissa, I agree that I need to follow goinforthegold's plan... I won't be broke for the next two weeks, so why not?

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 01-17-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikini Ready View Post
You know I think I'm going to try a version of your plan goinforthegold... maybe not so strict but quite close just for a week.
Well, you're lucky b/c you're larger than I am so you can have a lot more food than I'm stuck getting by on. The goal is for your calories to stay around 12 times that of your weight. FYI...this plan is starting to kill me...as are the holidays. This is NOT the time of year to be doing this! *lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
YAY, I stop being broke tomorrow! Back to protein bars, lean protein, and clean eating for me. I've tried not to mess up by going over my caloric limit these last few days because that is all I can do. I took a few pics of my progress, but I don't think I've made much HOWEVER, I DO notice that my loose skin is tightening up just a tad, which makes me really really happy. My GF noticed it too actually and pointed it out first.

Attachment 27806 Attachment 27807
I really hope more of this can tighten up soon... I WAS looking forward to that photo shoot but I will be dreading it if my stomach looks like this

Melissa, I agree that I need to follow goinforthegold's plan... I won't be broke for the next two weeks, so why not?
I think you're looking great! I see a big difference. See my note above for giving my plan a try. *lol*

I'll have to post some progress pics too I guess. My measurements have gone down but I'm not really seeing a difference in pics yet. You guys can be the judge. I'll get some posted a bit later.

EDITED TO ADD PICS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abs1.jpg (10.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by goinforthegold; 12-10-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #33  

goinforthegold, I see a difference! You just look more lean

You know, it must really suck to be a short person. Seriously, short people have to eat SO LITTLE in order to stay small. I wonder how they all aren't huge!

You are right, the holiday season is not the time to be trying for a 6 pack, considering there is Thanksgiving, then Christmas *SHUDDER* then New Year's. I admire your determination.

Speaking of holiday damage, my parents sent me a box of holiday goodies today. It should arrive in two days and has lots of chocolate... AAAND dried fruit because I told them to mail me some healthy things also. I'm going to try to feed all the chocolate to the GF.

In non abs related news, they are also shipping down my bass guitar... after two years When I left the DC area, I dropped my guitar, bass guitar, and amp equipment (like 3 amps) off at their place so they could hang onto it since I couldn't ship it down at the time. I'm really excited... if I'm in a band, I'll never get fat again. Hahaha.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We could all dance to your CD's and not be fat either!!!

Good day here. Very good!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:29 AM   #35  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I did well today and yes did consume more calories that you goinforthegold. I would be starving on 1200 calories! I had around 1700 today... protein shake, watermelon, veggie/tofu soup, shrimp summer rolls, apple, a few goldfish and a bite of a donut. Not to mention TONS of water! I feel much better and when I feel better it's easier to stay on track. Only two days of finals left so that will be a nice weight off my shoulders. My boyfriend has been a butthead lately so hopefully that will stop soon too and things will be even better. Oh and I could see a difference in all of the progress pictures, yay for you two!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Thanks gals, I kinda think I see a difference sometimes, but then not others.

And yes, it sucks being so short. It's a lot harder to carry extra weight too, not to mention just the calorie thing.

Meanwhile, speaking of calories and how dedicated I've been...I FELL OFF THE WAGON, and landed on my head!! I ate over 800 extra calories last night before bed. How's that for binging. Take that trainer! LOL *sigh* Oh well, I lasted two weeks with none and am back on track today.

Ya, I forgot to mention water...I'm supposed to get 64oz of water a day...most days though I don't...I'm back hooked on d pepsi and have been drinking way too much of that again. *sigh*

Butthead boyfriends can easily turn into butthead husbands. Watch that, eh? ROFL Yes, I speak from experience.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
We could all dance to your CD's and not be fat either!!!
That made me smile and laugh a little

Melissa, I'd be starving on 1,200 calories, too! I know I could do it, since I did it while losing, but I feel like now that the pounds are off, I could never! I usually eat between 1,700 and 2,100 calories per day. I work out like a fiend, so I definitely burn it off, though. That, and I weigh myself every day to make sure I won't gain

I think it sure is funny how most people around me think I starved myself to get down to this size *rolls eyes* if they only knew how much I really eat

I hope your boyfriend stops being a butthead

goinforthegold - yeah, I can see how extra weight would be more difficult for a short person, since there isn't enough of you vertically to compensate It's also why TALL people often look THIN, and even while overweight they still look average-y. I've always envied TALL people even though I'm far from short. (oh, hi Melissa... )

get back on that wagon - you look nice and lean... keep it up.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #38  

There's got to be some sort of link between increased muscle mass and actual growling tummy hunger. I had no trouble with hunger on 1200 cals either at first. Munchies, yes ... but growling tummy hunger is completely new to me.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #39  

Susan, I think there is! I've experienced MUCH more growling tummy hunger now that I am lean than I EVER did at my highest weight. Sure, I was sometimes a bit hungry on 1,200 calories but it was much easier back then than it is now.

If you look at it scientifically, this might make sense, since more muscle mass also equates to a faster metabolism. If your metabolism is faster, you need more calories since your basal metabolic rate has increaed.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #40  

I'm talking to Aidyn here so that I don't pop my own thread again (fat head me). Aidyn ... you encourage me more than you know ... in every thread where we hang out. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #41  

Awwwww... that makes me really happy to know that
Old 12-11-2007, 12:42 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 170/154/125

Height: 5'4"

Ok girls I need you! Im going through a divorce. I am trying so hard not to sit on the couch eat my weight in crappy food and cry my eyes out. So I will need you all everyday!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #43  

italiancalgirl - post here any time and we will all give you support - welcome
Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #44  

We're here every day! 24/7 there's something encouraging at 3FC.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #45  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

What was your binge food of choice goinforthegold? Mine is always chocolate, cheese or anything with a lot of one of those... I'm sure you will be back on track again today though.

Being tall definitely has it's advantages (getting to eat more is one of them). When I tell people how much I weigh they think I'm lying because I have LOTS of muscle which as we all know can throw the scale number off a bit. It used to bother me that I weighed so much untill I got into the whole body fat thing. Right now I'm 25-26% and at my goal will be 20-22% (by the end of January).

Today I have been doing well, craving a BBQ chicken sandwhich so I think I'm going to go out with my sister and split one which is perfect. Also, like Susuan was talking about, really feeling hungry now I believe is in part due to that we watch what we eat more and don't grab handfulls of snacks here and there. Also we are all burning much more working out that we need the fuel to be able to keep it up. I too have survived off 800-1000 calorie days back in highschool, worked out and served at a resturant most days out of the week. I was SKINNY but not healthy. It feels so much better not to starve and know I'm doing my body good.

It is so nice to have everyone here for support and get all sorts of opinions and input. As for the butthead boyfriend he knows he's in trouble and will shape up soon I'm sure. Only 3 finals left, wish me luck and you all have an awesome day!
Closed Thread