That 70s Show - Losing 70ish lbs - Christmas Edition!

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Jane, nice to meet ya! I am too new here to officially welcome you back, but I say, come back and play with us! The more the merrier and the more sucessful we will all be!
  • Queenjane - It's time to get back into it! We all fall off the wagon.. decide for whatever reason to yet again put ourselves last... but you can start over as many times as it takes to get this right! we're here!

I find it best when I tell the girls my mini-mini plan (generally weekly) I have no idea why - but it keeps me more accountable when I've told everyone on here what my plan is.

Stick with it and remind yourself - you can do it - you are worth it (chant over and over if necessary!)
  • Thanks Flower & Eny. I really miss the encouragement and community we had going here, and it's nice to be welcomed back by two "new" members!

I logged yesterday in fitday, and I've got today mapped out, as well. I didn't step on the scale this morning, though. I'm telling myself that I'd better do it so I know just how much progress I'm making...it'll be good to start with a big fat number and whittle it down (vs. waiting until I feel "thin" enough to step on and maybe miss out on all the progress getting there -- does that make sense?)

BTW Eny...I grew up in Flint!
  • I definately go with the weigh now scenario.. giving yourself a true starting point will hel you determine your goals better then guessing and being off.
  • Queen - Welcome Back! We have a great little group here and I am so glad you were one of the founders! I love it here and feel soooo good to have a bunch of us in the same boat...It is my FAVORITE thread! yahoo everyone! As far as kicking butt - we are all good for some of that every once in awhile...whenever you need it - we are here! What problems are you facing right now (besides this time of year???) What threw you off track? What are you doing to get back on track?

Eny - I have found my first 5k!!! I'm excited and scared...haven't paid the registration yet...but good news is my boss has said that he will pay for any 5K's or future events that I want to do because he runs 1/2 marathons and used to be unhealthy too...so he is a big supporter...yay for free 5K's! Mine is soooo soon...why I'm scared...January 19th...It's actually in memory of one of my neighbors growing up...he was a soccer coach and track coach that died of cancer about 2 years ago..very suddenly so it was tough on everyone...so I'm excited that I can start this with a good person's name on my free t-shirt. SOOOOO Excited (and scared still!!!!)

Flower - how's it going? What's the scale saying? TOM decided that we were going to beat me up and give me a hard time getting under 190 for xmas...maybe new years...but we shall see...I'm soooo bloated...but should be down in a day or so...usually I gain a couple days before TOM and start to lose a few extra lbs before TOM ends....Love it/Hate it. Argh. I'll update you the moment my scale moves back down.

Working out is back on track! yahoo! Damn cold! I can't believe how long it kept me out of the gym. I did 60 mins. elliptical the last 2 nights and loved that I left the machine with wet hair...I think it's kinda sexy Followed up with some weight training. Also getting tons of water in again...when I was sick I just couldn't stand it...and I'm a water lover so it was making me angry...but had at least 10 glasses today...yay for being healthy again!!!!

Okay...that's it for me...have tons of paperwork sitting on my desk to play catch up with...and it's almost midnight...and I wouldn't mind getting some sleep tonight! Night Night!
    ~Amanda
  • Gator - I'm SO happy for you! That's AWESOME! I haven't registered yet either.. mostly because I keep forgetting to (thanks for the reminder). I have taken to working out inside now - and just walking the full 5K once a week. I know it's not the best training - but it's SOOOO cold! plus there's about 8 inches of snow on the ground right now... White Christmas Here We Come!

I'm down a little more today - and I'm just over #2 from my New Years goal... I can do this! I have a little over a week left!

Queen - when did you live in Flint? I've been in this area for the last 22 years... It's a slum, and run down.. and the economy sucks.. but it's home! Luckily it's also an area that values creativity - so I have a killer job
  • Hi friends!

Snuck on the scale this morning. It said 190 on the nose in my pj's! It just need to loose a tiny bit more so it says 189.5 by Xmas morning! Okay, Xmas Eve anyways. lol I doubt getting on the scale after Santa came will be on my mind.

Been walking every day except for Sunday's. Although I don't plan to take this Sunday off. I have 4.5 hours left to walk to make my 30 day goal of 30 hours walked. I think I will set a different goal for my Valentines goal. Maybe keep track of activity points so if I want I could hoola hoop or jump rope if I don't have a baby sitter. Or I don't feel like walking. Some days I just don't feel like it. And sometimes getting the baby into the stroller is darn near impossible!
  • good job on th loss Flower. Today was the official last day of the work contest - I was down #1 from last week. I was in second place - so not too bad. We're starting a new one on the 2nd as well. I've noticed though - that my Monday weight is always higher then my Friday weight - which means that I need to do a better job of keeping under control during the weekend!

I'm hoping that brings a scale for me to use at home. Then I'll revamp my weight. It'd be nice to be able to weigh in in the buff ... at home...no one peeking, or making me feel self conscious. So on the 30th (because I'm anal baout starting things at the beginning of the week) I'm starting over w/ a new weight - so the tickers may change... hopefully it'll say the low #180's hee hee then I'll be at my New Years Goal. But If santa doesn't bring one then I'm buying one for myself before the 30th.

Work is stressing my out to no end right now - it's ugly. I'm glad that it's Friday - and that I have the next 4 days off! I'm NOT taking any work home with me over the weekend!!! Then when I come back on Wednesday it'll all start again. blah...

Just feeling crappy - I'ms tressed, and I think I'm getting sick - which SUCKS! Ugh...
  • Got on the scale today...it wasn't as bad as I had thought. The way I feel and the way clothes are fitting, I would've sworn I was at least 10+ heavier than I am. So, onward from 216...

This will probably be my last post before the holiday, so best wishes to everyone to stay on whatever plan you're on, to maintain willpower over whatever your weakness might be, or to endulge just a little bit and get right back on track. Happy Holidays!

Eny: I lived in Flint from the time I was born until I moved away to college in the mid-1980s...we visit family there several times a month, and my work takes me there frequently, too. I know all too well about the economic ills (b/c I'm supposed to be helping to fix 'em!)
  • Queen - see it wasn't so bad after all! If you're ever in the area - hop on - send me a message and we'll go get subway or Applebee's light menu or something!

I've lived here since '85 on...so 22 years now - I love it and hate it all at the same time!
  • Hello Ladies! Well, I made it through my first round of Christmas parties and am down a lb! Yahoo! Actually went to DBF's mom's house for long story short - first 1/2 of her Christmas (going back Xmas Eve) and then to my office party the following night. Did good at DBF's mom's...ate a few more cookies than I should have...but didn't explode. Then came the work party..and all I did was drink drink drink. This is the first time since I started healthifying myself that I have drank...it was fun and I'm okay with having done it...everyone deserves fun sometimes!!! In any case...I made sure to dance off some of the beers I had....but not all unfortunately.

Well...that's about it for me...I can see everyone is crazy busy right now...good luck with the next few days everyone!
    ~Amanda
  • Check it out - I'm halfway done!!! Yay!!! I just updated my tracker and how sweet is it to see my 1/2 way point! Yay!!!!
  • That is wonderful amanda! I just finished my 30 hours of walking! (black Friday-> Xmas Eve} I will get on scale in morning to see if I made my under 190 goal.
  • WAY TO GO GATOR & FLOWER!! That is awesome to see some major accomplishments!

I start my Christmas rounds today. Luckily my Dad's wife usually fixes semi-healthy things to eat... I just have to remember PORTION CONTROL!!! I'm allowing my self a max of 1800 cals/day now until Tuesday... and I'm uping the water intake to 80 oz a day to off-set the added cals.

Last night I had a craving for Jimmy Johns - so I gave into it. I ended up over 1600 cals for the day - 2ce this week!! I need to get myself under control again. #2.4 until my New Years goal - going to be tough if I don't stick with things - especially with the holidays in the middle of the week!!! for everyone this weekend!
  • I just finished baking 10 dozen cut out cookies...still have to decorate them and then make 2 other types of cookies, fudge, and then maybe get some sleep before tomorrow. I have only eaten 1 crumb of 1 broken cookie..then threw the rest away. I'm in love with my baking, but am not sucumbing to the temptation..even though there is clearly tons of it in front of me....but I love baking and baking for others brings me joy...so I'm doing it!

Can't wait for 07 to be over with...the last weeks are exhausting!!!