That 70s Show - Losing 70ish lbs - Christmas Edition!

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Eny - 33 is beautiful??? Where I come from it's downright scary! It's about 70 here in south FL...nice!

Spent my morning at the Farmer's Market - purchased some Christmas candles and brussel sprouts. I have decided that I am going to learn to like both brussel sprouts and asparagrus...I'm usually a salad, green bean, lima bean, corn kinda girl...but I want to branch out...so I'm testing myself again.

Didn't get to gym last night and won't get there today. Last night was mom's bday and I did have a small piece of cake with her...but it didn't effect my weight, so I'm not worried....I had already reserved space for it in my calorie count for the day. Not getting to the gym today because of busy morning and Christmas Tree shopping this afternoon. Will most definitely make up for it on Sunday though!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • I went to the beach to go walking while my hubby fished with one of my son's on the pier. I had to give up the sand walking 1/2 way thru. There were thousands of man-o-wars out there today! Scary. Anyways, walked the boardwalk for 1.5 hours. Afterwards we went to a classic car show. Had to park a mile away, then walked and walked and walked. Another 1.5 hours. This doesn't account in my walk on the pier, the walk thru the mall or the walk to and from the car at grandmas, the store or where we went to lunch. I am pooped!

Temp was 84 here. Southern FL does have some advantages. Hard to get in the Xmas spirit when you are sunburnt. lol
  • Flower - love love love our weather (born & raised here!)...but I know what you mean about Christmas spirit...definitely a tricky thing to do here. Congrats on your exercise today - I hate walking the sand...sooo hard! We had a classic car show over here this weekend as well...didn't get to it as it was Mom's bday weekend....and got busy with work....oh well, maybe next time!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
    ~Amanda
  • gator - it was complete sarcasm..trust me

I did the first day of 5 K training today. it was about 37 - rainy and slush EVERY WHERE! But I did the 5K in 50 mins. I think I'm still going to do the Slim & 6pack ab routine too... the walk just didn't feel like enough. Tonight though I'm just going to do the stretch... I'm really tired!
  • Eny - congrats on getting your training going! Keep it up!

How is everyone's Monday going? I hope well! Can't wait to get to the gym tonight!
  • Great attitude gator! My Monday is going ok. It's hard to believe it's already 11! Mondays are my really busy days at work - so I need to get my butt in gear. I'm feeling pretty tired today... then again DBF had friends over last night and I didn't sleep all that well... crazy.

Didn't do so good on eating yesterday - which is probably why I'm feeling ounky too. It always catches up with me. Oh well it's another day, and i'm doing better already!
  • Hello everyone! It's monday again...groan... fortunately I have Friday off this week so it's going to be a nice, short work week!

How did everyone fair this weekend? I ate very well at my company Christmas party. Barely sampled the appetizers, and barely touched the soup, salad or main course...not because I wasn't hungry, but just because it didn't taste good! Anyway, celebrated my in-law's anniversary on Sunday with a nice meal out and again stuck to a lean filet, salad and roasted vegetables. I'm back on track today and feel really good. Got to the gym 3 out of 4 days last week and am aiming for another 4 days this week.

Let's keep up the good work..everyone's doing so well!!!
  • The scale wouldn't budge for Monday W/I but it is down 2 today. Woo hoo!

I found I can use less powdered skim milk than fluid skim milk in my coffee reducing the point value. Woo hoo!

Oh, I am getting leg muscles again! I think that excited me more than the 2 lbs.
  • WTG flower! #2 & leg muscles! woo hoo!

Here's a question - do you guys feel tired and grumpy when you switch exercise regimins? I noticed when I started this journey - for about 3 days I was a complete B*@#h, and then when I switched from video 1 to video 2 on the Slim in 6... and now that I started the 5K training again I'm tired - cranky - and a total Bi$%h to everyone around me. What are your thoughts?
  • Wow you miss so much when you don't check in for a few days.
    Sounds like ALL of you are really doing a great job and sounds like EVERYONE is exercising!!
    I still lack in that dept. We dropped our membership to the YMCA. With preschool and kindergarten there is never a good time to go, and be back. DH convinced me to drop it and use that $75 some place else -- like maybe sports classes for the kids or something.
    That cold never really did go away! I thought it was gone,but I still have sniffles, I pray this is not the start of a new cold. Grrr.
    Today I'm at 218.
    I like the idea of the new goal each week.
    I think this week I will focus on water, and drinking more of it.
    Oh one last thing -- has anyone tried SMART ONES? I had a meal for dinner the other night - chicken fetticine (sp??) with alfreado sauce, it was over 300 calories, but it was delicioius. I am going to stock up on them next time I'm at the grocery store.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • I like the Smart ones meals. They taste great - except for the sodium content! they make me retain SO much water! It's rediculous.. and after eating them for 2-3 days I feel like a water balloon and am bloated beyond belief!

My goals this week: Keep moving.. no matter how cold
    Keep up the water intake - I feel like crap if I don't
    lose #1.5-#2 this week.. even WITH TOM's visit! :
    Not kick my bosses in the head - even though they are both driving my NUTS!
  • I haven't switched things up much, so don't have an answer to your new excersice/grumpy question.

I like to have the Smart Ones or Lean Cusines in the freezer for lunches. I add a cup of cooked veggies to most of them as they have way too much sauce and just what they give ya never really fills me up. I get the bags of store brand veggies. I try and get at least one of each type. That way I get a variety. Frozen veggies by themselves are very little calories.
  • Brrrr! It's cold down in S. Florida! It feels good - I enjoy the cold spells, but only for about a week at a time...and only as long as it doesn't get any lower than the 50's...anything less than that and my nose hurts from the cold air...boo hoo! I know, I'm complaining where some of you are living it is considered warm in the 40's. Enough about that!

It has been a very tiring week already with work, but I will get through. I did 66 minutes on the elliptical on Monday night and then 53 minutes on Tuesday night. I followed Monday night out with an upper body workout and Tuesday with upper body + abs. On the abs note...I can now do 3 sets of 12 on the captain's chair and not feel awful....I probably could do a few more than that or even an additional set....but I don't like to stress myself too much. I'm just happy because I was only able to do 3 sets of 10 and felt exhausted afterwards.

Eating wise I am doing good. Sticking to my diet and not hindering it at all. I eat what I want as long as I feel it is healthy enough for me. I have even found a way to add pasta to my diet with some whole wheat ravioli's, as well as low cal (only 90 cals) alfredo sauce. Yum!

Enygirl - I don't switch up my exercise very often - I just tend to add a new machine to it or something like that at the gym...so I can't say for sure...but I think what you are going through is normal - I know when I started working out I hated it and was most definitely grumpy. Keep it up - in a week's time you won't feel so yuck!

2Bthin - I agree with everyone else - I enjoy Smart Ones but have personally taken all of those frozen "healthy" dinners out of my diet. To me they just aren't fulfilling enough. The salt content is extreme as well. I do enjoy on occassion Kashi frozen meals....they still have high salt, but have tons of fiber so I feel that kinda nixes out the salt thing compared to smart ones with lower fiber counts. Personally - during weightloss, I'm just avoiding high salt items as much as I can...I always see the difference the following day.

Happy Hump Day everyone! Keep up the good work!
    ~Amanda
  • Hello everyone. I love the Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines, but really, I try not to buy them too much, because they don't feel me up, and I can eat them for breakfast, noon, and night.

Well, I met all my mini-goals last week. This week, my mini-goals are:

1. Get up at 5:00am. (5 days)
    2. Continue drinking 3 quarts of water a day. (5 days)
    3 Walk on Treadmill for at least 15 minutes a day. (5 days)
    4. Continue with my setups and add pushups. (5 days)
    5. Write down on index cards my breakfast meals with calories. Only eat healthy meals for breakfast.

Have a great day!

I broke a tooth in 1/2 yesterday. Gotta get into see the dentist. It doesn't hurt but it is gross and sharp. That is an expense I can't afford esp during Xmas! I can't ignore it however.

Oh, I stayed within my point range for breakfast even though I am out of diet friendly foods. I just can't eat huge volume of food if it is regular food. I am phasing out regular food however. The kids haven't complained about the bread, the ice cream, ect.

Walking will be tonight during soccer practice. I am working on housework right now. I made cupcakes for the kids. I cleaned the liter box, did 4 loads of laundry already and I have dinner in the crock pot. Stilll have a million other chores to accomplish though. See ya'll later.