3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Sexy Chicks - Beautiful women losing weight and forming friendships 11/26/07 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127730-sexy-chicks-beautiful-women-losing-weight-forming-friendships-11-26-07-a.html)

countrygirl7902 02-15-2008 06:10 PM

hi Ladies. hope you're well. i've made it through a day and a half of healthy eating after 2 weeks of not caring lol :shrug: i feel pretty good about it. some stress lifted at work so i'm trying to get life back on track.

haven't been exercising though. i've had what i think is tendonitis (yes i'm one of those nurses who self-diagnoses) in my right wrist. my usual exercise is to go to Curves or do yoga at home. and those are both hard to do when my wrist hurts so bad. and it's way to cold to go outside and walk!

talk to you all later!

Shy Moment 02-15-2008 07:29 PM

Country
Sorry things haven't been going so well for you. Seems you have gotten yourself back on track and that is terrific. You can do walking videos and not have to go outside or use your hand.

Things are going pretty good here. No complaints. Just same old day in and day out and that is how I like things to be.

chickhen 02-19-2008 06:54 PM

hi,
I'm new and hoping to join a group to get some willpower. I need to lose about 25 pounds. I would like to do it by June when I turn 48 years old. Eversince I had kids about 12 years ago I have been on a yo-yo diet. I am 5'2 so every pound shows.

I am also an emotional eater so when stresssed I go directly for the chips. I crave salt! I also crave chocolate. I have been on "lifestyle" eating change about 36 hours now and of course, I am hungry for a big bag of cheetos!

Any suggestions?

countrygirl7902 02-20-2008 03:25 PM

hi chickhen :welcome2: i just wrote a long reply to your post and it disappeared! sheesh.

i don't have a lot of advice about emotional eating cuz it's my downfall as well. i struggle with that constantly. but i have figured out ways to deal with cravings. i know Shy Moment will agree with me on this - don't deny yourself the foods you love! it's a lot easier if you plan on eating those things, but in moderation (which i know os really hard). if i eliminate my favorite things all together, i'm more likely to binge on them later. i search the stores for healthier versions, like baked chips and reduced fat cookies. there's lots of yummy stuff if you look for it. even baked cheetos! (which are pretty good). or if i just have to have the real thing, i measure out one serving, put the rest away, get a glass of crystal light, and walk away from the kitchen.

this is a good site to get advice from. just remember that if you mess up, keep trying. and don't be afraid to come here and tell us you're having a hard time. it's a long process and really hard to change eating habits. good luck! you can do it! :hug:

Shy Moment 02-21-2008 01:57 PM

Country
Good advice. This journey we are taking isn't about doing without. It is about eating right. Watching what we put into our body's and proper serving sizes. You are right lol, I don't do without a thing. Now I make better choices. There are somethings I just don't eat anymore. Not worth the calories or fat or carbs for what little bit I am going to have. Doesn't bother me a bit, I have replaced those things with other things I like.

Chick
I would suggest you not worry about setting a day to lose that weight. You don't have that much to lose and it might take a bit more time. 1lb a week is probably a real real good weight loss with so little to lose ( I do understand it doesn't seem like that little to lose ).

Start eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups ( you will be surprised how little of somethings you have to eat to equal a required amount and how much of other things you can eat ). Find out how many calories and fat and carbs you should be taking in. Make a plan for yourself. You didn't say how old you are, tall you are or how much you weight so we really have no idea how much you should be taking in.

This journey we are all on to a more healthy thinner person doesn't happen over night. The lessons we learn along the way last us a lifetime.

Don't do without the things you love. Yesterday was Mountain dew time for me. An hour of delicious time just between me and my mountain dew ( sound sick don't I ) lol. Enjoy what you eat and drink. Take time to eat, don't rush, you end up being hungry again before you should. I happen to break each of the 3 meals of the day down to 6 meals. I eat every couple of hours. I am never very hungry. Don't believe all the wifes tales. You can eat from the time you get up until the time you crawl into bed. ( I asked a doc and a dietitian/nutritionist about this ) Calories, carbs and fat in, calories, carbs and fat out. That is how it works.

Good luck, if you have any questions please feel free to ask. We all have learned a few things along the way.

Shy Moment 03-06-2008 08:13 PM

where is everyone again

Shy Moment 03-07-2008 07:36 AM

Am watching the tumble weeds blow across the screen.

Shy Moment 03-08-2008 12:06 AM

Sitting here singing....all by myself, don't want to be all by myself anymore......

bethz 03-09-2008 07:49 PM

Shy... Hated to see you posting all by your lonely! I agree with you that one pound a week is a reasonable goal... I figure I am on a two year plan with 80-99 pounds to go! Have a great day watching the tumbleweeds...at least you can see them...all I see is SNOW! :hug:Bethz

countrygirl7902 03-10-2008 06:29 PM

hey sexy chicks! Shy - sorry i haven't been here. our little group died out again. what do you say we start a new SexyChicks thread and try it again? Here's the link... http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthre...69#post2093769

bethz 03-13-2008 11:45 AM

Good day so far!

Been busy putting together a movie from music and pix for the boys' basketball banquet this weekend, also have some display boards with pix on them to celebrate the season. It is alot of work...but well worth it! Tonight is for resting and watching Survivor!

Having a good day at work today. Went and got some soup from the kitchen because it is cold in my office today. BRRR! (Could be from drinking all that water!) Had the points to spare!

B: simply quaker oatmeal, banana (5)
S: italian wedding soup, herbal tea (6)
L: turkey and swiss on rye, apple (9)
S: popcorn (2)
D: veggie salad with italian dressing, green beans, steak (6)
Water: plenty, I finish and refill my glass when anyone comes into the office
Exercise: one mile hall-walking

Have a great day everyone! :hug: Bethz