3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #32 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127326-back-kindergarten-32-a.html)

Mom2Gaby 11-23-2007 10:52 PM

Jules - My teens are always doing the funny faces, especially Rebecca.Rach always takes a beautiful picture and of course Gab hams it up.
I think you are right about that snottiness things.
I remember one of my best friends when meeting me thought I was a *itch. Until I warm up or feel comfortable with a person I am pretty shy and reserved.
So, who knows about Char. You just need to warm her up Cristina - haha....

anyway, headed home w/ my Gaby, she looks so tired.

Sassy - You still grumpy?? Come chat w/ us!

chat tomorrow!

tommysgirl18 11-24-2007 02:54 AM

hello ladies.....I hope every one has recovered from Thanksgiving.

We had an interesting one to say the least. We had my MIL, FIL, BIL, and a friend of ours and her son. Our friend and her son had come over since her husband was being an idiot. (they are in the process of a divorce, so he was making it rough since she had to work until 2) we did all the cooking, so it was interesting again. But it all turned out well......with the food. Our friend's husband ended up starting an argument with her while she was at our place, so her and her son stayed the night.

Friday night,we got a baby sitter and went out on a date. We went to dinner and then to Wal-Mart and Meijers to get some ideas for the kids. Then we came home and spent some time with our friend's who watched the kids, then off to bed they went! Now, I am catching up on emails from the past couple of days, and relaxing a little.

Tommy talked to the office manager about working here at the complex. She told him that the bank approved two workers, but they would be part time until the remodeling gets done and then they would be gone. So, she told him to stick it out where he is at now, and then once they get rid of the older of the three maintenance guys, then she will push for him to get hired. She said that the most they are willing to pay is $12 an hour, but hey it is great for what he would be doing! But, she did tell Tommy to come into the office on Monday to introduce himself to her boss, since she has told him so much about Tommy. (that way he will have a face to put with the name when she talks about him)

great pics ladies!! we didn't take any pictures of all of us together....so I don't have any to share.

Mom2Gaby 11-24-2007 12:30 PM

Good Morning!

Mindee - You were sweet to host at your place! I don't think I have ever done that, too lazy I guess. I have done parties for my residents but that is on a large ....massive food scale. lol -and I have help with those. Blah - blah - make your point Susan!
There is no point Mindee ....haha. How often do you and Tommy have date nights? That is such a good idea! I don't think I did that in all of my 10 years of marriage, probably could have used it.

ok, now I am totally depressed. lol.
Rach and I stayed up late and I made some au gratin and we ate that up. Had the munchies something terrible and now I feel so gross. I figure I need a 10 mile walk today.,,,,,that should take me.....ummm, carry the 1,,,,,about 3 1/2 hours.....or 4 if I don't push it....lmbo...whatever....I can't even get 1 mile in.

I AM going to walk though!! I am going to let Gab go for the day with her father and use the time to walk and get outside. It should be close to 50 today so I can't whine too much about the cold.

ok, you all have a good day!

FrouFrou 11-24-2007 01:38 PM

Happy Saturday Ladies...

KATY...those are great pictures, thanks for sharing and you look beautiful! You look like your momma and I agree with Susan...you don't look like you need to lose. Glad you got to see your mom and brother.

MINDEE...I remember the days of hosting, I loved it! Kind of miss it but not. I am so lazy now days I hate cooking for us, lol! Sorry Tommy didn't get the job but keeping my fingers :crossed: who knows what can happen...and once he mets the boss, hey...they may be impressed. Sorry about your friend too. Seems like people could put their differences aside for one day and give thanks.

SUSAN...sounds like you and Rachel are bonding.

Hi everyone else.

Nothing going on today...I plan on getting some exercise in for sure today. Finish my decorating and laundry. Me, V and DD went to a craft expo that was disappointing...where were the crafts, lol? Anyway...have a great weekend!

Mom2Gaby 11-24-2007 05:30 PM

Cristina - sorry about the crafts - sure to be lots more before the holiday. I know Portland has a lot here. You would love our Saturday Market! Rach can be really sweet. When I went for my walk she said "be careful, don't get hit by a car. I don't want to be left with dad"....lol How sweet.

I need to get some cleaning done, my floors are filthy, in need of some mopping.
Gab and I got our showers and she left with her father, he'll bring her back at 7pm. He asked about keeping her for the night but we both balked at that. We like to snuggle.......ok , I like to snuggle.
I walked 2.5 miles! I cut the route off because what I was walking last year was 3.5. Just seemed like a dangerous route with no real room to walk. Oh, it is over by the dairy Katy. I just turned going towards Hayhurst back to 45th. If I can get some time I will try and get another mile in.

Katy - You do look small.....maybe 140ish.

k- I better get some things done before Gab gets her.

jules1216 11-24-2007 07:30 PM

SuzyQ--instead of your boogie shoes it sounds like you put on your walking shoes. Hubby has been munching for two days--he keeps trying to get me to join in--I told him no!! I don't think I lost anything, but I definitely don't want to gain 10 lbs!!

Cristina--too bad about the craft expo, I hate getting all excited about something and then it not being what I thought it was. Teri called me on her way to Dave's parents to see Lily and pick up Dave to bring him back home--she said Dave's Mom reeeaaallllyyy decorates--she was shocked. Since she had to work such crazy hours he just stayed with his parents since he got Lily from Thursday to later tonight.

Mindee--hubby is too cheap to take me out for a date night--I usually end up paying if we go...he spends to much on his cars and motorcycles--hope you had fun!!

Katy--looked at your pics again and all I gotta say is WOW!!

Michelle--hope you come back soon!!

Sassy--get your grumpy butt back here and post--miss you!!

Sue--hoope you are having fun with your baby boy and that your mom's ok!!

tommysgirl18 11-25-2007 01:51 AM

hello ladies.....just popping in to see how every one is doing. nothing new on this end.....just checking my email and putzing around online. we put up our Christmas tree on Saturday. And since then, Marissa hasn't taken her eyes off of it! Brandon and Logan keep looking at it and saying "ha ha" which is their way of saying "ho ho."

SuzyQ~ We have hosted Thanksgiving the past two years. Three years ago, Tommy's parents had it and Tommy cooked for it. Logan was only a month old for that one, so we had been living up north. This was our first date night in I'd say a good three months or more. After we got the kids to bed, I told him that we need to try and set it up for at least once a month. He said "that is a good idea to me, we just need to find a baby sitter." How did your walk go?

Cristina~ Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. The maintenance supervisor seems to think that he is going to get this HUGE raise and in all honesty, he isn't going to get it. So, the office manager said that it is only a matter of time before he quits. And when he does, that is when the office manager is going to push for Tommy to get in there. Our friend is doing better. Tommy called her Saturday night to see how things were going, and she was on the other line with her husband. (mind you, he was sitting in the parking lot talking to her on the phone to try and convince her to stay) So, she called Tommy back to let us know how things were going and her husband got on the phone and started in on Tommy. Telling him that Tommy was acting like a boy about it (her husband in the past has mad rude comments to me and to her in front of him) and that he needed to grow up and what not. So, I took the phone out of Tommy's hand and closed it so that it hung up on him. He called back about 5 minutes later but Tommy didn't answer it.

Jules~ Hubby really doesn't have a choice about paying....since I don't work anymore he gets to pay! When I used to baby sit on the side for some extra money, then I would occasionally buy when we would go out. we had a lot of fun, like I mentioned above, we even agreed that it would be something that we would love to do at least once a month! Now, if we can actually get a sitter once a month to have a date night, it would be amazing!

Sassy_Chick 11-25-2007 03:19 AM

Hello

Hey all, :wave:

I'm still alive. lol.......

Well I'm not so grumpy anymore but been really sore. My back has been killing me with this cold @$$ weather. lol. Enough of my whining. (Got no cheese to go with it!) lol. Also DH is off so he has been home....He goes to his Football game this afternoon (Sunday), so I may pop on longer then. (If I wake up before he gets home, I still have to keep on my schedule as I have to work Monday night.......) Maybe he'll want to play his Xbox so then I can pop on here. lmao.

Take Care!!

:hug:

RosieKate 11-25-2007 08:55 AM

Kids go back to school tomorrow...yay! Seems like they've been out forever, lol! Yesterday was James' 11th birthday. He opened presents, then played computer games all day. Took him out to dinner and bought him a cake from Baker & Spice which made him very happy. I kind of blew the food plan yesterday, but today I am getting back on track. We aren't going to church until 11, so I am going to bundle up and get a walk in this morning.

Thank you all for the nice compliments about the pix....I'm flattered. But really, I still have to pesky 30 lbs to go (even then I won't be at 140) ...I hide it well with clothing and squishing myself in between family members :) It was so nice to have us all in one place for a day.

DH put up lights yesterday, which made him very happy. He's wanted to do that since we moved in, but I'm a cheap skate. This year, we kind of inherited some outdoor lights from his dad, so he didn't have to spend a lot of money to get them set up.

Mindee- keeping my fingers crossed for that job for Tommy - it sounds perfect for your family. Glad you had a good meal - too bad about the drama, but you handled it well.

Jules - Hope Teri is getting some rest - what a crazy day. I didn't shop at all on Black Friday... and I rarely do. That makes me kind of weird I guess.

Sassy - glad you're feeling better. It's okay to whine...we all do it, right? What are friends for?

Susan- That area by Alpenrose has lots of hills - bet you got a good workout. I tend to go around the village and the park, which is also pretty hilly. It gets my heart rate up which is something I need to work on. I miss Santaland at Alpenrose. I also miss the old monorail at the old M& F downtown. It was the only time I ever went there - so much for progress. I'm glad my kids got a chance to go to both those places while they were still around.

Cristina
- you are finishing your decorating, and I haven't even started! I need to get off my butt. Maybe I'll put away the Thanksgiving stuff today. I'm such an under acheiver..not like hubby at all - he likes to go all out.

Sue - how are you? did you have a good thanksgiving?

Michelle - So glad to see you back here! Sorry you have had such crazy year, but looks to me like you came out the other side in really good shape. Keep us posted on your move and your new job.

Today is pretty laid back for us. I'll get that walk in, go to church, then this afternoon I'm going to meet up with a few people to knit and chat. BTS for everyone tomorrow - YES!

jules1216 11-25-2007 08:58 AM

Sassy--glad your back--you always make me smile!! Hubby and I are fighting stiff achy knees--it's enough to make anyone grumpy!! Love the smowy pics!!

Mindee--sounds like the friend is the boy and Tommy is the man trying to stop the bully. Our friends mom babysits once a week for them for their "date" night--sometimes they just stay home and enjoy the quiet!! She helps a little at his business but she is pretty much a SAHM. She is the one the will be watching Teri's baby the most with me, my mom and a few others helping out some.

Going to go dig into my Xmas stuff...Mindee & Cristina have inspired me!!

jules1216 11-25-2007 09:03 AM

Katy--Teri slept really well between shifts. She couldn't believe how busy they were. SHe said people were waiting in line to pay for up to an hour!! There was actually a couple that left there 2 year old in the car when the went shopping for Black Friday at the outlets where she worked. They found the child around 2 crying in a locked cold car and the outlets opened at midnight so who knows how long the baby was there. Unbelieveable!!

FrouFrou 11-25-2007 10:30 AM

Just a quick fly by but wanted to stop in an dsay HI. I am pooped, actually sleepy. Was up early this morning (4 a.m.) to get that boy to the airport and off to Hawaii...wish I was going with him-get away from this cold, brrrr :brr::brr: Did I mention we woke up to snow yesterday morning? Ugh, thank goodness it wasn't much, a light dusting, and it was gone pretty fast. Anyway...will try to come back later and catch up...to sleepy right now. I am going to go sleep for a few hours, then tackle these stinking Christmas decorations (never taken 3 days to do them, just not into it) and WALK! I've not done any exercising since Thursday and that is a big :nono: for me. Kudos to you KATY for bundling up and getting out there to walk...I don't have it in me to brave the cold. Okay, nighty, night ladies.

Mom2Gaby 11-25-2007 03:32 PM

Good Afternoon, missied being able to say good morning by 20 odd mintues.

Katy - I have seen you without a crowd around, you're still one thin looking chick. :) Your bones must weigh a lot?? haha. It must be your inner beauty bursting out that makes you look glowing. HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY to James!!!! I remember the monorail back in the 70's......going into the big city of Portland was a treat from living out in Beavercreek. Zoo lights would be fun to go to and the Grotto,I have never been to those yet. I walk by Baker & Spice and gain weight! The treats look awesome!

Jules - Men are funny creatures. I think my ex almost wanted me heavy because being thin would make him insecure. You are empowered when you take car of yourself, so keep on track!!

Sassy - Why missy, we missed you. Glad you aren't Grumpy anymore...now you are Sleepy!! You making your way through the 7 Dwarfs?? lol Very sorry about the back pain!! Hope you feel better today :) btw - have meant to say I think you bunny is a cutie!

Mindee - Cute about the ha ha's meaning ho ho's....You all and your decorating!! I still have my thanksgiving turkey in the fridge defrosting.....lol A tree would be nice for Gaby, to sit and have the tree lights shine, and Momo would like that too......we use to have kitties that would climb up the tree - :tree: haha

Cristina - How funny. You motivated us all to exercise!! Hope you are rested enough to get some exercise in today! Awwww. Hawaii....sounds wonderful.

Come chat with us Sue and Michelle!

I better get going. Takes me forever to type this out. I had a protein shake for breakfast and have some hamburger stew simmering on the stove. It is beautiful outside!! Still on the cool side. :yay: .....to school starting back up tomorrow!!!

Chat at you all later!

tommysgirl18 11-25-2007 04:53 PM

hello all....how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end....just hanging out around the house. we did a little bit more decorating around the apartment, but nothing too major. The kids all got baths, and hopefully in a little bit I can get a picture of all three of them under the tree.

Sassy~ It is good to hear from you!

Katy~ Good for you bundling up to go out walking! I walked over to the dumpster with the garbage, but that was about it so far today! thanks for keeping your fingers crossed about the job! we were surprised at how well we all handled the drama on Thanksgiving. (and we did it all without over eating!!)

Jules~ That is exactly what we have been saying, but he wouldn't hear it. I am sure that when the time comes we will find a baby sitter so we can go out. It is kind of hard to find a sitter though, since the kids don't go to that many people.

Cristina~ We woke up to a light dusting of snow on Thanksgiving. I wish I was going to Hawaii!

SuzyQ~ Tommy's favorite time of the year is Christmas, so he is one for putting the tree up and decorating on Black Friday! Which is fine by me, since it sure beats going out into the malls and such. Tommy is waiting for a National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation moment......when the cat chews on the electrical chord.

Sassy_Chick 11-25-2007 06:44 PM

Hi Chicks!

Hi Chicks! :wave:

Thank You all for loving my bunny! Everybody loves MY bunny! LMAO! I got some really good sleep. I took my pain pill and I swear I never heard a thing! A train could have passed through here and I wouldn't have known it! lol.

DH called about an hour ago, saying he is on the way home, they are stopped to pick up MIL something to eat and I'm sure they are yapping at the in-laws house too. I hope he had a good time at his game! He finally got to see his team play! (Tennessee Titans) So I was very excited for him. He took his dad with him, I thought that would be a great father & son day for them!

Anyways, back to the ole grind tomorrow..........oh well.........guess we have to go back sometime, right? lol. I keep wondering if I'm gonna get Christmas off or not. I hate that my boss always waits until the last minute to let you know these things! lol. But if I have to work, I'll get paid very well for it and DH said he would work too, if I had too. Isn't he sweet? lol.

Katie -- Happy Belated Bday to Jamie! :hb: MY DH loves decorating too, only here not much to decorate! hee hee. TY. I just hate to whine about things when I know there are people lots worse off then me! lol. You do look marvelous darling! lol.

Jules -- :hug: You always make me smile. :) Yes this is the "achy" time of year, isn't it? lol. My back will get used to it, if it STAYS cold that is! This up and down stuff is killing me! lol. UGH Christmas stuff.........DH had to bring up all of MIL's on Thanksgiving Day. Luckily she has "downsized" from what she used to do! We used to have to put up the freaking North Pole outside, now she only puts up a couple wreaths and some bows! lol. Happy Decorating!

Cristina -- Awwww Hawaii...........:beach: We can dream, right? Yeah we got a very light dusting ourselves, it looked like that "fake" snow they have on tv! lol.

Suzy Q -- Awwww Thanks I missed you all too. :hug: Yeah lets see I was grumpy, sleepy, now I guess I am happy, was there a happy? lol. I'll just make my way through them all. lol. TY I feel much better today. Yesterday was just a very achy day for me! lol.

Hi :wave: Mindee! I hope the decorating goes well!

A Big :hug: to everybody who is MIA right now!

:hug: