Old 11-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #46  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies ~

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been reading everyday and keeping up, just no energy to write. I've worked many extra shifts at the hospital due to the high risk of violence on our unit right now. I am actually sitting here now with several bruises and many, many aching muscles from holding a patient back from physically assaulting another staff member. He's a paranoid schizophrenic and thought the guy was after him so was gonna "get him first before he gets me" kind of attack. I haven't fought that hard in a while to hold someone back, it took a lot out of me. Then of course, taking the patient down to the floor so we can hold him still until he calms down is always tricky. I always get massive bruises on my knees and butt cuz us nurses have to make sure we go down first and bring the patient down slowly so they don't get hurt in the process. It sounds easy in theory but when they are punching, kicking, biting, screaming, etc. it's not to easy. It was actually two days ago and I'm even more sore now than I was yesterday.

Anyway... sorry to blab on about all that... needed to whine a little I guess. I've been doing well on my program. Lost more weight this week!!! Actually hit my goal of 200 and went under since last time I changed my ticker. I did it!!! I did it!!! I'm finally under 200!!! I am at 198.0 right now. Thank you ladies so much for being there and supporting me along the way. You have all been fabulous. I know I said I would write out what my program is about a week ago... I just haven't had time... I will, I promise. My family and I are going out of town from Wednesday to Saturday so I may not be able to get on here from my mom's house... we'll see.

I see everyone is doing pretty well for the most part. Just remember, when we make a mistake, it's OK!!! Just get back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it... just move on. We all didn't get to our weights by eating one wrong food, one wrong meal, missing one day of exercise so going the other way is just as slow. Take a moment to breathe and reflect on why you want to lose the weight and smile because you know you WILL do it!!

Gonna run... I'll check in later.
OneLastTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #47  
Renee

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Shy: Grats on the 2lb loss
OneLastTime: Congrats on getting below 200. I know I can't wait to be back there myself. Sorry about all the bruises, but I do understand what it's like.

So, today I decided I would give my WATP video a shot. I rented the Express Easy Walk/Brisk Walk from Netflix. After making it through 1 mile, I decided to do another 1 mile walk cause it just seemed like 1 wasn't enough. I didn't even realize how short a mile was, gosh just thinking about it makes me wonder how many miles I walk around in my house each day... LOL...
Well, guess I should get back to my soup... Time to get all the chicken off the bones.
Sexyshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #48  
Sandra

Default Holy Crap!! I did it!!

I just gotta hop on my soap box for a min and brag....

I am UNDER 200!!!! I lost 32 lbs. so far and at 198 I am UNDER 200 for the first time in approx. 3-4 years.

You know, you do this diet and exercise thing for a while, you quit, you do it again, you quit, you do it again and quit. Eventually something happens and it feels like "the" time, the time when you'll go all the way. Well, I feel like THIS is "the" time for me. I don't even know if that makes any sense... I just know it feels really good and it feels right.

Thanks for listening!!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #49  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

One
Those numbers are a little familiar to me lol. I started at 198 I lost 32lbs before this weigh in lol. You will do it, I know you will. I remember 6 months ago at 198. Seems like time has just flown by. Can't wait to see the weight just drop off of you. I am so proud of you I could just burst.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-20-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #50  
Rennie

My 17 year old daughter just called me from work. " Mom, what does it mean when steam is comeing from under the hood of the car and the hot light is on?" " Kathleen, it means you call your fathers cell phone not mine. lol "
Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

Good evening ladies!

ShyMoment - "...call your father's cell phone..." Too funny!

To all of you who have been losing lbs - - WAY TO GO! KEEP IT UP!

I haven't been doing very well the past few days. We had a potluck at lunch on Friday, and then a Thanksgiving meal on Monday for lunch. Grrr. Who plans these things?? I also skipped exercising this weekend, so I'm not sure I'm going to make my 1000 minute goal. The only hope I have is that we will be spending Thursday-Saturday at my Mom's house, with 2 sisters, two brother in-laws, and their 7 children (all 6 and under!). I think my husband and I will be looking forward to getting out for a walk every once in a while! My sisters and I all live in different states, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.......but in all honesty going from living with my husband and dog to living with kids so young, it can be a bit of a shock to the system (and my patience). I hope I don't sound like a bad Auntie!

Well hopefully I'll get back here one more time before leaving Thursday, but if I don't - I really hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I hope you and your friends/family have a wonderful time doing whatever it is you're doing.

Last edited by AJinTN; 11-20-2007 at 07:51 PM.
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #52  
Rennie

Ajin
I feel sorry for you all those kids lol. I was lucky my children's father is 20 years older than I am. Everyone kids were at least half grown before we had children. I didn't have to put up with kids but my own lol.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #53  
Sandra

Shy ~ OMG... you crack me up!!! I just love your answer to your daughter!!!

Thank you ladies for all the congrats!! It's a proud day!!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 PM   #54  

hi ladies! i am exhausted. by the time i get home from work, make dinner, clean up and wash dishes, and put my son to bed (after watching power rangers of course) i just have no energy left. i did stop at curves to exercise and i stayed under my WW points, so i'm happy with myself today. i lost another pound, but i'm still 2 pounds away from the monthly goal i set for myself. maybe i'll get lucky but i don't know cuz there's only 10 days left. oh well, i guess monthly goals aren't the most important thing in the world right?

shado V8 might be good but definitely check the nutrition label. i don't know how many cals/sodium is in that stuff. i do like the one that's both fruit/veggie though. i increased my fruit/veggie intake by making sure i have one or the other in every meal, like fruit with breakfast and salad with dinner. plus i eat apples or oranges or applesauce for snacks. maybe put some fruit in yogurt or something? and yes i've heard it's good to take a multivitamin while you're dieting. i take one with calcium cuz i don't eat a whole lot of dairy.

OLT congrats on the weight loss!!! what a milestone! oh and i totally understand about combative patients. i've had my share. hang in there!

shy you're right we should think about eating as a lifestyle and not a diet. i just haven't adjusted my mindset yet! i'm stubborn LOL

AJ ugh. office food. that always kills me. i'm lucky though cuz i work in the field and don't have to be stuck in the office all day with all the potluck food calling my name. but everytime we have a meeting, there's all kinds of bad delicious stuff. it's all or nothing for me. if i start eating it i can't stop. good luck with all the kids this week! i have a 4 year old, but i still get stressed out by mobs of other people's kids. it can be stressful. getting out for a walk now and then might help. have fun!
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #55  
Rennie

countrygirl
Nice going on the weight loss. My goal is always 1lb a week. So far so good. I lose more I am excited, I don't I am not disappointed lol. I have thought of this as a different way of eating from day one. But then, I don't do without anything. If I want something I eat it lol. I make sure I get all the required amounts of all the four basic food groups but that doesn't mean I am getting all the vitamins and minerals and trace minerals depending on my choices. That is why I take a good multi vit.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #56  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Everybody!

So first of YAAAAAAYYYYY to OLT for your Onederland progress!!!! WTG!!!!

Shy - That phone call ^^ And YAY! 2 lbs down! Woot!

Lola - It's been stressful. I know. You do still have time during the rest of this month. And while it would be nice if you made your monthly goal. I think losing 4 lbs is great!

Shado - I agree with everyone else that they may be alright every once and awhile, but I wouldn't have one all the time due to their high amount of sodium. (I think they have a low sodium version out there though... not positive.) My personal thing is to take a daily vitamin. It's something both my doctor & WW recommends.

AJ - Ya know... a lot of us can get tripped up not because of the holidays, but because of the time around the holidays. Time was that Thanksgiving happened one day a year. Now it happens like 3 times that week. Something at work, something at a friends, then ACTUAL Thanksgiving. Don't let it keep you down Focus on getting your exercise in for the rest of the week. It'll keep your thoughts busy.

So, today is my work's pre-Thanksgiving food thing. (Why?... Why is that even necessary? *sigh*) But I'm doing well so far avoiding the table of crap. (Granted it's only been 15 minutes, but ya know "don't belittle your accomplishments" )

I'm really proud of myself this week. I was able to, again, exercise every day, even for a little bit of time, and only once this week did i miss one cup of water for the day. I can FEEL the weight loss this week! I know I did well. I'm getting weighed in tonight instead of tomorrow (no WW's are open tomorrow) but that's fine because I'll be able to keep this week's number in my head during dinner on Thanksgiving.

I'm bringing a healthy treat for my family. It's cubed up butternut squash and apple butter. That's it. Mixed together and baked at 375 for about 45 minutes. It's sweet, but not too sweet, and it's friggin' apples & squash! (I got an all natural type of apple butter so there wouldn't be a lot of added sugars and what-not.)

Also! My sister has planned to go walking with me a little while after our dinner so that we can spend some time together, and work off a little bit of dinner. I'm not going to spend the rest of the evening laying on the sofa, because I'm too stuffed to move!

I hope to stop on later, but if I can't, I wish all the USAians out there a Happy & Healthy Thanksgiving! Good luck with all your plans, sexy ladies ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 AM   #57  
Sandra

Good Morning Ladies ~

THANK YOU for all your support and encouragement!! I couldn't do this without you. I love coming here and checking in!!

Faerie ~ Good luck with weigh in tonight!! Even if you don't lose, don't get discouraged, all your hard work will catch up and you WILL lose. I'm so proud of you for making good choices and for planning ahead to get some exercise after THE BIG MEAL with your sister. It should be good for you physically and mentally.

Lola ~ Don't stress about the monthly goal... you still have time but 4 lbs. in 4 weeks is still awesome!!! You rock girlfriend... You have so many other things on your plate right now... being a single mom especially... I am so impressed that you are tackling your health at the same time. Be proud of yourself!! My daughter is 12 and I'm just finally getting around to it!

Shado ~ They DO have a low sodium V8... Personally I think it's awful but that's because I LOVE the regular V8. I stay away from it though because of the sodium. Take a multivitamin, it's your best bet. I started taking one with my new weight loss program and I feel the best I've felt in quite some time!

Shy ~ You continue to amaze me with your consistent support of everyone here and rarely complaining or needing support yourself. Don't forget... we are here for you too!! How funny that our numbers are matching like that... love it!!

AJ ~ I've made a personal rule when I'm at work. If I have to go into "the room" where the food is set up on a "bring crap to work day" I always make sure to have a full glass of icewater or a nice mug of coffee in my hands when I go in and sip on that. I've also told everyone that I am losing weight and immediately say NO when anyone approaches with food, candy, etc. and turn away. It gives me a sense of empowerment each time I say no cuz I say it very firmly. It's very annoying actually because you'd think they would stop approaching but of course they don't. Good luck with the kids... I love kids but I always dread when there are too many that are too young... take some Tylenol with you. lol

I'll check in later... If I don't see some of you again... Enjoy your thanksgiving, don't stress over the food/calories/whatever.... DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!

Last edited by OneLastTime; 11-21-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: forgot to color names
Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #58  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Morning everyone. Way to Go OLT it's so empowering to say no isn't it. Although when I say it I come off witchy. whatever this is "me" time. You must have been so excited about the 50lb mark. I hope to share that oh about this time next year I'm sure

Not talking personal weight gain this week. Yesterday was rididculous Did I fall off the wagon? Heck I didn't even know where the wagon was. I woke up and started over this morning. On track. yeah. oh it's only 10am but still charging on.

Shy.... Yes I get those calls all the time. Oh honey you miss dialed...
this is Mom.

Gotta run today I'm on a 12 hour shift and I haven't even begun turkey day stuff yet. Major Chaos.

Last edited by lostchick; 11-21-2007 at 10:08 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #59  
Made of Starstuff

lost - Excellent work getting right back on track That's what this is all about!

I've had to say "no thank you" to plenty of foods, but I always feel like I'm coming off cold, too. I swear I'm not! I am thankful that they've thought of me and are offering things to me, but I just don't want to eat them >_< Oh well, can't please everyone, can only be happy with myself.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #60  
Sandra

Lost ~ Awesome job getting back on the wagon .... That's the best you can do, don't beat yourself up... just move forward.

Yes, sometimes I feel like a "witch" but I am at the point where I can't eat things people bring anymore because I feel I need to be "polite". That's half the reason I got so overweight in the first place. You are right.... this is ME (US) time and we need to do this for US so I'm simply doing it right whether people think I'm being a "witch" or not. Most of the time I'll approach them later in the day when they aren't carrying the tray of goodies and say thank you for the offer, I'm just trying REALLY hard to be good and I've had a couple people say they are impressed with my willpower. That way I don't think I'm damaging too many relationships along the way either.

Anyway... off to run errands.... Later sexy chicks!!!