Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #76  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

There you go shimmering.... Blame it on HIM next time.....
It's all YOUR fault you know... if you weren't so d*mn hot I wouldn't have been distracted and fallen off. purrrrrrr
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #77  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

The exercise is really paying off I think. I generally lose 1lb a week. That has been fine with me. Easy on the body and the skin. I didn't gain it in a day I won't lose it in a day.

This week because of paper work I have been at the docs office three times. Today I had to take my daughter in for her weight in. I am not doing my weigh in until next Wednesday because of my dot. I never do a weigh in a few days before the dot starts or basically the week of the dot. Anyway. since i was there lol I have done a weigh in. So far I have lost 4lbs in the last two weeks. I can't wait until my weigh in next Wednesday when the dot has been over for a few days to really see what I have lost lol. The exercise must be paying off.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #78  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Hey everybody. It's Friday I have a three day weekend. I never could understand how you can work for the Veterans Affairs hospital and then they close most of the hospital on Veterans Day. But I'm not complainin' cause it gives me a much needed day off.

Faerie-Congrats on the new job. Hopefully less stress and more pay!!!

I haven't got to walk the past couple of days..too busy. I feel like I'm starving to death and this weight isn't coming off very fast. Slowly but surely I keep telling myself.

Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend. My hubby is going hunting and me and the girls are on our own.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:19 PM   #79  
Made of Starstuff

Thanks again to everyone for the "congratultions". Turns out I'll be starting on Monday! Eeek! Oh well, I can handle it.

Shimmer - I do the same thing! Pop on at work just to check things out ^^ Keeps me motivated through the day.

Unstoppable - So glad to see you've found something that's working for you! It's very important.

OLT - I'm practically glued to this site already. I'm probably going to start dreaming about posting in threads. And of course, the very best of luck & willpower for your new program. It sounds really interesting! I'd love to hear more about how it works ^^

Shy -Four pounds in 2 weeks is great work!!! I can't wait to hear about your official weigh in. Exercise can be a super boost.

Mamamona - I'm sorry to see that you feel you're starving! That's never ever good. It'll only lead to those poor choices later on. >_< You'll make the time for the exercise when you can. It's so very important to feel satisfied that, in the meantime, I'd suggest sitting down this weekend and working out some meals that are going to give you the most bang for your buck. (Ya know... calorie buck.) After all, since this is for the rest of our lives we can't feel like we're forever going to be starving. And slowly but surely agreed! They've found that those taking the weight off at a slower healthier rate are more likely to keep it off than those doing the quicksuperfastunhealthycrash diets. You'll get there.

So then. ... Ah yeah, my checklist!

Food -
Exercise -
Water -

I'm off for the weekend, but hopefully I'll find a moment or two to pop in & say "howdy!" Everyone have a super wonderful weekend!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #80  
Rennie

Faerie
I only do two little videos a day. The one in the morning including the toning I do with it is 29 min and the one in the evening including the toning that is at the end of it is 23 min. That is it. Who would have thought that 52 min a day, just that little bit was going to help.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #81  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Hey CHICKS,

So I got this pedometer and decided to try it out one day at work. ONE day a normal 6am - 2:30 DAY I walked 9209 steps I had my husband calculate it out it was like 5 miles and only like 200 something calories, YIKes I thought it would be more but oh well. So that last 3 days it's been pretty much the same. all close to 9000-9500 ish so why on earth are my legs so huge I'm up and down ladders half the day so you'd think I would have buns of steel but really I've got a booty with a shelf (argh!) Just thinking out loud today, sorry.

Onelasttime ~ too funny I had a instance where I almost fell off the treadmill I was wearing those slip on tennis shoes (I don't know what I was thinking) Thank god no one really noticed.

No losses to report darn it.

Last edited by lostchick; 11-13-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #82  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Salsa Sara Oh yeah I tried this yoga video at home on day I thought ok this isn't so bad so I restarted the video and did it again well the poses that I could do

and yeah the next morning I couldn't move
Old 11-10-2007, 03:10 AM   #83  
sarah250

S/C/G: 250/246/170

Height: 5'6

lostchick__ BTW ya day after yoga I could hardly move eather. I realy hert myself. but thats ok My step mom on the other hand sed she never wanted to go again unless theres a senior version. I think I'll get a vidio to do at home
I didnt go to the gym today. my body probly needs the rest though. tomarow Im going to this BIG yard sell at my grandmas all the nabors get together and have a mini swap meet. so I'll get some exersize moving everything around geting ready. anyway ladys I gata go talk to you all latter
Old 11-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #84  

salsasarah don't worry about your spelling! lol this isn't english class. just us girls chatting! and good luck with the yoga. i've never taken a class but i should one of these days. i just do it at home with a DVD and i really like it. probably if you practice at home, it'll get easier. just be careful so you don't really hurt yourself!!!

faerie/shimmering/onelasttime i went ahead and weighed and i didn't actually gain anything! i'm the candy slowed down my lose, but at least i'm holding steady. and yes i did get rid of most of the candy temptation! i gave all the chocolate to my brother-in-law who can eat anything and not gain an ounce!

unstoppable what's the fat smash diet?

shy keep up the good work exercising. i think 1lb a week is great. actually sometimes when i lose more than that i wonder if i'm just not being healthy enough, know what it mean?

mamamona i know it's frustrating when the weigh doesn't come off fast. but just keep at it. if you're feeling really hungry, maybe you need to find different kinds of food that are more filling but low in fat?? i don't have any really great ideas. except before dinner i eat a big salad with fat free dressing to fill me up a bit more. and i drink what seems like gallons of crystal light lol

well i'm sure i missed someone. i can't keep up! lol

well i'm sitting here eating eggs and bacon. i don't even want to know how many weightwatchers points that is!! but i'm visiting my boyfriend who lives 3 hours away and he cooked for me! so i'm cheating a bit this weekend.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostchick View Post
I had my husband calculate it out it was like 5 miles and only like 200 something calories, YIKes I thought it would be more but oh well.
No losses to report darn it.
lostchick i think walking 5 miles without even trying is pretty good! but now that you know you can probably increase it if you want to. and no worries about no new loss. you'll get there. keep it up!
Old 11-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #86  
Rennie

Country
I know exactly what you mean. I even came home and looked at my fit day to make sure I had been eating enough. Yes, I had. Have no idea why the weight loss except the extra exercise tape and that doesn't really make sense. I have only added that second tape everyday the last 9 days. Once or twice I have had more than the 2 lb loss at my every other week weigh in. So, maybe it is just a fluke. More than 1lb a week catches my eye because that is the amount I am comfortable with. It is a nice steady healthy weight loss. Could also be because I missed my cycle last month and this was just stored up. When the cycle finaly got back nsync I took the extra off the body had been storing.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:23 PM   #87  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Country girl-The fat smash diet is the diet that was developed by Dr. Ian Smith, which the contestants on Celebrity Fit Club use. The diet is broken into I believe its 4 phases. Phase 1, which is the part I am on last for 9 days. And during this phase you eat mostly fruits and vegetables. You are allowed brown rice, oatmeal, egg whites, tofu, beans and non-fat yogurt. You cannot eat/drink fried foods, reg. or diet soda, white rice or bread during these 9 days. Each phase builds upon the next where you gradually add things back into your diet. The theory is that by the time you re-introduce certain food items into your diet you will no longer crave sweets/fattening foods, although you can eat them in moderation. Hope that was a good explanation.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #88  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all having a great weekend! I did my weigh in today and lost 2 pounds It is my TOM so I am excited that I did lose.

Shy congrats on the 4 pounds in the past two weeks, and I agree on the exercise helping out, I have noticed a difference since I started working out more.

mamamona sorry to hear that you are having trouble and starving, maybe you are not eating enough? I basically eat like 6 times a day I think I am always eating *LOL*

Faerie, wow your job is starting sooner than you think, good news for you!

lostchick that is alot of walking! You will see a difference, just give it some time

countrygirl, good for you giving up that chocolate, now that temptation won't be around to whisper to you when you walk by it and eggs and bacon.....

unstoppable good luck with the fat smash, you will have to let us know how things are going with it for you!

Well my knees are aching today, I have inherited my mom's and grandma's bad knees, I am hoping once I lose more weight it will help out.
Take care everyone!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #89  
Rennie

Shimmering
Congrats. That is exactly what I was saying. I never do a weigh in a few days before my dot is due and not during at least the first few days. I was excited just to see I had lost at all during that time. You are doing great.

unstoppable

Please, let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-11-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #90  
Rennie

Shimmering
Congrats. That is exactly what I was saying. I never do a weigh in a few days before my dot is due and not during at least the first few days. I was excited just to see I had lost at all during that time. You are doing great.

unstoppable

Please, let us know how it goes.
Closed Thread