Royal Procession of the Merry Court towards Winter Solstice and the Festive Season

You're on Page 5 of 11
Go to

• Huzzah to all, and nice to see Cosmic Twin E here this chilly morn!

Am be bloggin' all over the place 'bout her latest initiative 'n apologies for the me-me-me-ness o' it all (well, t'is all 'bout ME, right? ... joke, but ye knew that) but here's where I am right now:

"Skipped a day in the Countdown to Consolidation Day, which is a day I have earmarked as December 1, when I will assess whether Am's trek across the Bridge to the Land o' the Wily Wild 125 Beastie has truly taken root in Stalker Am's true heart 'n deep bein' 'n that THIS be the year she will reach the goal (or get close to the goal) or whether mayhap more time be needed in this Dietary Novelette!

Across the Bridge we go, into a world o' snow.

At one time, livin' somewhere else than this tropical land wherein she dwelleth, Am hated snow but now she loveth the season o' change, o' winter solstice when the light cometh back 'n all goals are renewed in the crystal purity o' her fitness-lovin' heart.

So, to make a long story short 'n reiterate, there's 12 days to go! Wo!

Yesterday was NOT a good calorie day and ate slightly above 2100 due to the Deadline Stress Demon. Today will be better on that front. X yesterday was 70 minutes of walking."

Over the hills and so ...
  • Hello all.....

Can't believe its the end of Tuesday.... Somehow, I too have the "can't get out of my own funk " and have mostly been taking long naps.....
    Or am battling fruit flies in my kitchen.... tonight I decided that some bags of dried beans might be where they are coming from so gone, gone, gone.

If anyone knows any tricks to knock them out quick, I'd be grateful. I really dont want to use one of those insecticide bombs as Dh has asthma .....I lit candles hoping they'd be drawn to the flames but that isnt working.... I am spraying them with window spray and then wiping them up but I am also thinking they just fly to a different part of the kitchen....

Tomorrow, I have to get up regular time, get dressed and hit the stores as we;ve been invited for a late dinner on Thursday so I need a veg tray and some sweet potatoes to make a sweet potato and apple casserole.
    I also need a dress shirt for DH and maybe find a safe spray that will kill my unwelcome guests....

congrats to all who made the scale move!

And hi Eydie! Glad to see you!
  • Hello all.....

I am on the way out the door....just wanted to pop in and say hello ....

Here's the thought of the day:

Thought of the day :

"If you have a great ambition, take as big as possible a step in the direction of fullfilling it.
    The step may be a tiny one, but trust that it may be the largest one for now.:
    Mildred Mcaffee

Question of the day :

"Would you rather sleep in late, take a nap or go to bed early?"
  • Go to bed early and sleep right through would be my choice!

Am off shortly to wander and drive...have many errands to run and no time to run them! And it is pissing down rain!
  • Good Morning all......

So far, we have mid 60 temps, I am rethinking today's wardrobe.... layers will be the better choice, we are supposed to have your weather by this evening....

For the first time in a long, long time, DH and I are going to a family member's for the day. DS prefers other entertainment so we have made sure he is "out for the night".

So, we have beautiful weather for most of the day, a chance to interact with other working adults who have similiar grown children issues.....

Hope everyone has a pleasant day....~!
  • Happy Thanksgiving to those of us in the U.S. 'n Happy Day to dwellers o' other fine lands.

I am taking two days off and also rededicating self on Saturday to being able to work a stressful day without sabotaging my weigh-in with Stress Binges.

K, you might try sprinklin' red pepper 'bout the kitchen ... deters all bugs of all kinds ... there are a lot of flies in my neck o' the woods (no woods here, but anyhow) and the red pepper keeps them out of my house better than any spray. Keeps out the Giant Ants from the Black Lagoon too when sprinkled by doors.

Too bad, though, red pepper doth not help against people causing us stress in life. Maybe the flakes need to be bigger ...

Hmmm. I am waxing philosophical. Time for a nap.
  • no time to catch up on all your posts now, but i wanted to sneak in fast and say happy thanksgiving to the u.s. contingent, and good wishes to all our other lovely royals. thinking of all of you makes me smile and feel very grateful to have the honor of knowing you. on my way over to friends' home in a little while, so must away. take good care, all.
  • Happy Thanksgiving to lovely American Queenlies!

I am so very thankful for you (and our non-US lies too). Sounds like peoples have nice days planned for today. I managed to get a fair amount of house-cleaning done, myself. Cleaned out the cupboard where I keep potatoes and onions -- well It was AWFUL. I had no idea how bad. But emptied it out, scrubbed it and put down pretty green and white grape leaf shelf paper.

Kaylets, I think what I'd like best would be to get up early and have a nice nap in the afternoon so I could also stay up late

I've seen people make traps for fruit flies (I've got 'em too) by putting a little piece of banana or some such in a bowl and covering it with saran wrap with a tiny slit in the top. What happens is that the little critters find their way in but can't seem to find the way out back out... Maybe they gain weight and can't fit through the little hole again.

Ceara, raining here tonight. We're supposed to have double-digit temps overnight tonight. I'm sick of the cold already

Amarantha, don't feel like the Lone Ranger -- I've sabotaged the last two WIs with... I think potato chips both times. Had some tamari almonds yesterday but am hoping to have a good WI tomorrow nonetheless.

K, dollings, just about bed-time for me Love to all!

• And now we're heading for solstice/Christmas!

May our journey be merry and bright! No loss at WI this morning but I'm off gluten and feeling like I'm on my way again. Next week I'll have a good loss

I've actually managed to slow down my eating, making sure to chew everything thoroughly instead of bolting it whole. So much better for the digestion

And I want to get a pedometer. I'm sure I'm way short of 10,000 steps a day, esp. with working from home.

I'm just going to get through with the stuff I need to finish and then get the heck out of the office. Should be practicing for TM...

Hope all lies are having a nice Friday and looking forward to a lovely weekend.

• Well, sabotaged a little today as the Candy Demon paid a visit to my neighborhood, but one more day until weigh-in ... sadly that is the Saturday from the Black Lagoon coming up ... but I've had a number of good weigh-ins lately and hope the lucky streak will carry me through.

Kind of a me-me postie ... all mine seem to be lately. I am a little concerned about some things. Doubtless all in mind.

Huzzah to Wsw and all named and un ...
    [/b]
  • Saturday in the Palace

And decidedly wintery, too: well below freezing, windy and snow flakes coming down.

We were out to a birthday celebration last-night for several people in the extended fam. It was a post-dinner, munchies-oriented deal. I planned to eat nothing, after having a good, healthy meal. And that's precisely what I did Yes, yes, I accept your adulations! Eventually this will result in a weight lossage. This week, i'm thinking, since I'll have been off the gluten. And, somehow -- I've also managed to force myself to slow down when I eat (almost had to sit on my hands between bites at first but it's getting easier).

I was thinking yesterday that, even if I haven't been making great progress weight-wise, this is traditionally the time of year that I'd let it go, not pay attention and wait until sometime in the new year to brave the scale and see that I'd gained more than I thought possible.

I did have 3 glasses of wine last night but they weren't big glasses and I blame the third on my husband, who would not leave when I wanted to go He didn't want to go to the party in the first place but then he ended up having a good time. It was a bit frantic for me. Too many people in one room, too many simultaneous conversations and the lighting was way too bright. Feh. 'Tis the season.

Amarantha, oh that bad ol' Let us banish same!

Awfully quiet in the Hope all lies are having a lovely weekend!
  • Hello all....
    Thanks for the tips on the Fruit flies.... I finally found some forgotten sweet/white potatoes that were the breeding ground. They were in one of those "country" styled veggie cabinets with the screen in front.....
    The cabinet is now outside, sparkling cleaned by hosing it down but waiting for the trash man.... I am afraid to bring it back in.....

AND.... I finally, finally got a brainstorm and bought those ugly fly papers AND the glue traps usually adverstised for mice. Because the flies seemed drawn to the kitchen window, I placed 3 glue traps on the window and now, 4 days later, we see maybe one fly per day. The traps have too many on them to tell you ..... I will give it another week or so to make sure.

BUT at least, I found something I could use in my kitchen other than a spray, etc....

DH has decided to start a plan in full force so I am too. He is like the Empress, he enjoys charting, building graphs and etc.....
    so he's downloaded some things into his PDA so he can keep a log wherever he goes. You know me, I'm just interested in the results!.....

Its very chilly here too... two days below freezing....

Here we go winter, here we go~

I need to get dressed , have breakfast and get some things done......

Vacation is over... I need to be back in the work world at 6 am tomorrow!

Here we go Day 1, Here we go!
  • nothwithstandin', Diet Maiden Amarantha managed to dodge the demons for another good weigh-in with a loss of 2.1! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Adulations to self and also to all who are doin' so well here in the palace and a special huzzah to Wood Nymph for the NO MUNCHIES AT THE MUNCHIE GET TOGETHER victory. That's great and yea, t'is the kind of thing I am working on a lot ... just block out an event ... for me, say, covering an event or working an afternoon in the Black Lagoon or the afternoon of Deadline Day from the Black Lagoon, or a party such as you handled so well, and say, no thanks to ANYTHING (other than perhaps a planned item ... say ONE treat).

A great technique, good job, Arabella.

Working a little today, mostly doing pics. Off to Petsmart for the little queen's food. She has a cold or allergy thing going and am hoping to find something soothing for that also ... no vet required right now as she's fine.
  • huzzah, amarantha! congrats on the loss! hope little royal queen's cold or allergy is better now.

had very nice thanksgiving, and today had a visit from friends with a new black lab puppy, who is so adorable. what great fun it was to meet new puppy friend.

i need a fresh start card after getting pretty lax today. did ok the past few days, but portions definitely too big today. i will do better tomorrow. greetings to all who dwell in our royal court.
  • Thanks, Wsw!! T'is amazing how words of congratulations mean so much to me these days.

Glad ye enjoyed the puppy visit, they really are so cute.

My little royal one is fine, she's sleeping now next to elderly cat. Little demon cat is hiding somewhere in the house, having declined to join the group.