Royal Procession of the Merry Court towards Winter Solstice and the Festive Season

You're on Page 3 of 11
Go to
  • Today's the day!
    Remembrance day today and we've got to be to the church at 5:30 for final tune-up and then the concert's at 7:30. We've got about an hour in between, so we may just come home to "relax" -- HAH! I'm going to practice for an hour or so this afternoon, too, after some Reiki with the intent to be effective in practice and in concert.

In the good news category, I'm able to wear a white peasant blouse (costume is long black skirt with white blouse) that I haven't been able to wear in a few years and my skirt fits. Bad news is I gave away all my black tights and may have to wear knee highs...

The weather's kind of rank out there -- we actually had snow last night and today it's windy and rainy. Hope it won't keep people away from the concert.

Gotta say, I'm feeling a little cranky today. Maybe it's partially the adjustment to the time change or something -- been like this all week. Ah well, I'll keep on keeping on.

WSW, nice to see you checking in more often -- Palace isn't the same without you!

Anagram, hope you're recovering well from procedure!

K, lovelies, I must be productive. Love to all! Let's take this day and do our level best with it.
  • Oh, let's have some
  • arabella-hope your concert goes well, and that you enjoy singing tonight. congrats on being able to wear that blouse too. hopefully the weather will cooperate and not keep churchgoers away.

so far so good today----op-wise. watching an old fred astaire and ginger rogers film, which is putting a smile on my face. had been feeling stressed earlier this morning, and apparently an old musical did the trick to change the tone of my day. well, hope everyone has a pleasant remainder of their weekend. take care, all.
  • Have a good concert, Arabella! Congratulations on the skirt fitting victory. That's great!

Huzzah, Wsw. Pleasant thought I had thinking of you enjoying Fred and Ginger. I love those movies, too. Have a good week.

Tomorrow I must hocus pocus focus on work as I am way behind due to schedule dilemmas, will NOT let the diet front down because of such a bad week coming up with so much to do (I don't want to do things anymore, I think).

I finally saw the ginger house stop glowing. That was sad but now the glow is back.

• Hi guys! Busy, busy, busy!

Scanned through the thread...thanx for starting it Arabella!...Hi wsw...you sound like you are doing well! Amarantha!! Oh yes, turkeys in real life are not cute. In fact they are butt-ugly. And really not too brilliant. The perfect food. Kaylets...again? I would hate to move jobs that often! Arabella...how went the concert? Good work on the clothes!

I was my father's 80th yesterday. It involved a surprise party on the Saturday night...at a location 6 hours away. So we went up Sat am, "party"ed, slept overnight at the cottage and then drove home yesterday...I am exhausted. This is the first time my husband, kids and I have all been away together at the same time. My GF stayed here with the heathens. It was interesting.

I am still very unsettled in my brain....not concentrating on much, and not watching what I do. I need a hoist back on the wagon.

It is a holiday for me today...so I must be off...and do something!
  • Hello, all, and great to 'see' thee, Sword Bearer!

With apologies for the me-me brevity here (I should be working or at least exercising by now but I am dilatory, I will note that it be TEN, TEN, TEN, DAYS to go to Thanksgivin' when Am will be (more) fab! I WILL DO 'ER! Yay, NOT goin' to waste these wonderful DIET 'N FITNESS DAYS!

I'll do my job, too, and clean the house 'n take care o' fur babies 'n fix the car 'n fix everything else that needs fixin' ... BUT every single day in this countdown is one I can NOT WASTE in my STALK O' THE WILD 125 (aka ULTRA GOAL TRA-LA)

Diet Wise Woman, are ye listenin'? Please give Am a gold star ahead o' time in the Diet 'n Fitness Department today because it's hocus pocus focus all the way on the 10th DAY.
  • Seems like the Winter Palace already
    We've still got a dusting of snow and it's chilly. Heat's been on in the house. DH is off today but I've got work to do -- thinking of taking a long weekend next weekend. All going well on diet and exercise front. I've been having those weird days that feel like I've been off-track although I haven't been

The concert went well last night although I wished I'd practiced more so I could have really sung the heck out of it. Next year! And I am more familiar with the music for TM (The Messiah) so maybe I'll be able to belt it out like Ethel Merman (k, not really )

Ceara, glad to see you in the Palace! Yea, verily, we must affix posteriors firmly to wagons else we'll slide right off. And then where would we be? I can tell you for a fact that I'd have added 10 pounds to my avoirdupois by January. Not going there

Glad you had an "interesting" weekend

WSW, me too -- virtually enjoyed that Fred & Ginger flick with you. In my version, we were snuggled up on the sofa in our PJs, with noncaloric (but so delicious!) and hot chocolate

Did Royal Anagram say she was going home with one of the kids after her procedure?

Ok Sweetlings! I need to get some work done and go for my walkies. Let's make this a good one. Love to all...
  • hi ceara. good to see you.

amarantha-i am with you---i also plan to not waste one precious day in this sprint towards thanksgiving (and beyond.) you inspired me today(well, not just today, of course) and i am going for a gold star too. actually, today has been rather exemplary food and exercise-wise. gold stars all around, i say!

arabella-glad concert went well last night.

a couple of friends (who are also a couple) and had the day off today came over and visited me. we went out for lunch and then came back here and we visited while sipping on tea and listening to music. it was very pleasant. they are such a cool young couple.

well, greetings to all who dwell in the royal palace. take care.

• Apologies to my Royal Cohort for my prolonged absence - didn't realize it was so long - and fell behind so on the Royal Proclamations.

Procedure went well - I actually thought I had posted re that but it may have been a Royal Mental Burp or an evil Demon of the technological type. Was pleased to see the place had a new scale that was more kind than the one they had five years ago.

So glad to see you again, Kaylets. Was missing you. Amazing how you sort of "feel" things changing around you, isn't it? Glad to hear from you too, ceara. Sounds like a challenging but memorable weekend. How have your work vibes been going lately?

And congrats to Empress on her entry into the 130s and a smaller distance to go until the Grand Gala Goal of 125. Yes, OOO can sometimes be a good break and sometimes make you appreciate IO more. At least for a little while.

And hearing of you having the smoother fit of the clothing, esp. for the concert, was a lift for me too, WN. Sorry to hear Winter is so ominously close. We had a snowflake or two mixed with our rain lately too.

I've been gone mainly because I've been going like a whirlwind trying to squeeze in many things before the surgery. A lot of work just so I can laze around for a few weeks afterward I'm realizing more and more what my limitations will be and am stockpiling food, buying button up shirts, prewriting checks, etc. Will have a great impact on my (lack of) Christmas prep this year but since I firmly believe Christmas is in the heart, I'll be well prepared in the proper spirit.

My new dishwasher is not working (this whole situation has been a time consuming nightmare). So they're to come late this afternoon. That's after I see doctor and have preadmission testing done, have people come to finish the newly installed front door (loving it), take the car into garage (waiting for it will give me a rest/reading time). Some days I've managed to get in great walks just to relieve the frustration of the appliance and handyman situations.

But these are small blips in the Royal Road. And I must count the many joys. My scale reading was good on Friday, been off the wagon too much since. Last night I got to watch, via the internet(love technology when it works), Princess Eleven singing in a group at the Kennedy Center. Would have normally gone down for it but driving too uncomfortable, time too limited right now. So it was a delight not to miss it totally. And hopefully, my adventures in home repair/modernization will sometime soon be completed and I'll be able to be cozy and warm for the impending days of darkness- a good excuse to burn lots of nice aromatic candles.

And once again, I've had the many offers of help from neighbors, friends, family. Nice to know I'm not as alone as I sometimes feel.

Off and at 'em. Fasting for bloodwork and missing my tea and oatmeal. Sob.
  • G'morning, Queenlies! I'm having a blippy kind of a day myself -- hope to change it. Feeling just slightly under the weather and like I've been going too much. I invited my new neighbors for dinner and they're coming tonight (The nerve! ) I'd invited them for Thursday and they couldn't make it and I impulsively said Tuesday, rather than suggesting next week instead as I should have. Will work on mood, I will. And it will probably be quite pleasant. I 'm just having a great deal of trouble getting my butt in gear today. Don't waaaaaaaannnnnnna.

Can't find my practice CD for The Messiah and I'm having technical difficulties making a new copy

But as our beloved Anagram declareth, these are small blips in the Royal Road. Mine are tiny, for sure. Working on being at least a tad more regal

Anagram, how lovely to see a nice long postie! How frustrating about your dishwasher! Appliances. Ugh. We just replaced our toaster and the new Cuisinart (I had such faith in the brand!) is doing just what the old one did -- toasting on one side. Seems like if they have an option for bagel toasting that they develop a preference for it. Maybe they're just lazy? I can relate.

When is your actual surgery?

WSW, the evening with your friends sounded lovely, and like a nice, low-stress way to socialize. Wonder if it's too late to suggest to my neighbors that we go out to dinner instead? Probably.

K, send me some queenly vibes, any who have to spare. Let's take this day and do our Royal best with it!
  • So many posties to keep up with 'n apologies for the me-me-ity o' mine lately but if I may share my countdown once again, which I am sharin' all o'er the place called INTERNET 'cause all my queenly 'n healthy weight loss 'n fitness pals be scattered into various palaces 'n we never can seem to get together in one nice gingerbread home 'n share 'n motivate together so be it , but here be where I am:

"It be NINE days out to (U.S.) Thanksgivin' when Diet Maiden Am will be fab not flab ... or fabber, 'cause to be honest she be pretty fab right now ... 'n said Diet Maiden hath joined a NINE DAY SPRINT TO THANKSGIVING CHALLENGE with the following pledge: ON ALL NINE DAYS HAVE NO CAL TARGET OVERAGE ... AND EXERCISE EVERY SINGLE DAY"
  • EIGHT days to U.S. Thanksgiving and I, like Wsw, will not waste a sec o' this precious time.

Huzzah to all 'n Anagram, glad thy procedure went ok!

Sorry for brevity mode 'n me-me-ness ... gotta X then work!
  • Yesterday was a stellar day in the health and fitness fronts. Am off to do the same today!

Hope that CD shows up Wood Nymph!
    to all S

• Wednesday in the Palace and all is well...

Dinner with our new neighbors turned out to be lovely -- we're thinking this is going to be good.

I was out of sorts all day yesterday though and hopped off the wagon in the afternoon. Hopped right back on again, though, and away we go.

Persevered with the Messiah tracks and made myself a new practice CD. Now all I have to do is use it For some reason, the last application I tried to use wanted to alphabetize the tracks Verrrrry helpful, I don't think.

I've got a haircut in a half-hour or so and it's a gorgeous, clear, not-to-cold day out there so I'm definitely walking. Walked to gym with DH this a.m. and did circuits, came home for tai chi.

This evening is my writing group and I've got lots of work to do and a fellow to set up an interview with for the ghost story book. So I'd best skedaddle!

Love to all. Let's make this a good one!

• the fall leaves are absolutely gorgeous here now. what a treat it is to see see them! anagram, glad to hear your procedure went well. ---and greetings to all our lovely queens who dwelleth in the royal palace. i had a therapuetic massage today (which had been a gift) and it was wonderful. it is absolutely impossible to be cranky after a good massage. continuing on royal trek countdown-so far, so good.