3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Worldly Chicks are going NOwhere in NOvember (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/126285-worldly-chicks-going-nowhere-november.html)

ceejay52 11-13-2007 12:56 PM

Mooz-
Welcome back.Sorry to hear about the mammo stuff. Hope things work out for you. I thought my eyes were going wonky on me.

Reenie
History of heart desease runs very strong in my family also. And just recently the doctor put me on bp meds. I know what I have to do but I don't have the will power to do it. Fomnowon I'll have to do as Mel's ticker says and "Just do it".Do I see another 2 pounds gone. That's great.

Ruth
Cheer's (holds up glass) This will be a good day.

Happy
I walked aa little over 2 miles yesterday and most of it was at work. The security camera shines right on our work area.

Have a good day.

Shad 11-13-2007 05:37 PM

Morning all,

Mooz - what a lovely surprise to wake up to in the morning. Like the others I am sending kind thoughts your way and hope that all is okay. Keep us posted. How's that wonderful family of yours??
Yep, we hijacked Patty a month or so back and she pops in at weekends to let us know of her progress. She will be over the moon to hear you are back. By the way it is not my mad house. I'm here to keep the chaos under control :crazy: :crazy: Just think of me as the policeman on point duty!

Thank you Happy - I am feeling better and I do think I am allergic to the Wait Awhile State. It's been a very stressful project for me. Considering I really didn't want to come here anyway, it's been relatively successful in terms of personal education and enlightenment and I guess I have learnt a few new things - my quasi diplomacy being one of them. How to shut your mouth, count to 10 and speak clearly and calmly is another. The conflict management course I took so long ago, clearly has something going for it!!!! Dealing with multiculturalism is my next one!!!!
It's not that the service is that bad here. Indeed the staff are swarming all over you the minute you enter a shop - and they are nice friendly people. It's the - we've always done it this way - we're different from back east - why should I have to work 6 days a week (from a news agent of all people) - attitude that gets me. I remember your DH saying of Chicago that you would expect the workers to finish one stretch of the road before they started on another - well here the commuters have been waiting 4 years for the railway service to begin on the southside. Granted there is an awful lot of infrastructure to go in, but in Wellington in NZ, they built a freeway to take traffic around the city and end at the airport. Wellington is hilly, fairly small, hard to fit things in and prone to earthquake. But they did it bit by bit, opening sections as they were finished and then moving on to the next bit and the next bit until it was finished. I thought that was fairly useful sort of thinking. This is bizarre. 150K of railway track complete with stations of which the technological factor will probably be out of date before they begin using it - now timed for around 23rd December to open. I ask you! Enough of the rant. I'm told that the only place I could work here is in Plant maintenance because anything else is just to airy fairy for me!!! Thats okay, Finance and HR fill me with horror - you are supposed to nice? Supply chain would be okay except that they have a habit of complicating simple things and PS would drive me nuts because I'd have to work with Engineers!!!!
I think I should stop ranting.

Ruth - pray tell - what is a toonie. I guess it is another Canadianism for some denomination of money. They have loonies up there for heavensake! Still it is probably no worse than a 2 bob bit!
Carla has me worried now. We have an election coming up and one of the candidates for PM is called Kevin! Could be interesting.

Oy Rennie - contagious!!! Me!!! As a group we are a collection of suave and sophisticated women :rofl: with a huge amount to offer this world - if the world would only listen. We have more than once solved the problems of the middle east (send a posse of menopausal women in to sort him out), given advice to Mr Bush, Mr Howard, Mr Blair (now Mr Brown) and Mr Harper (notice the profusion of names that start with B and H here) and the Queen about their family problems and the state of the nations.

Morning Ceejay, linus, Madcat, Carla, Meadow, Holly, Mel and others who are lurking and peeking.

Gotta go. Training calls

Shad 11-13-2007 06:55 PM

Message from Mel

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE. A QUICK NOTE TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVEN'T DIED! LOL THE EYES ARE IMPROVING BUT EVER SO SLOWLY. IT WAS A LOT OF BAD FOOD AND DRINK CHOICES DURING THE ELECTION WEEK AND PERFUMES AND WEATHER ETC. THEY JUST AREN'T GOING TO PUT UP WITH MY CHEATING ANY MORE....BUT WITHOUT CAFFEINE I DON'T THINK I CAN WORK THOSE HOURS. I ALMOST FELL ASLEEP ON ELECTION DAY AND IT WASN'T EVEN 7AM!!! ROFLMAO
I AM NOT UP TO READING THE FORUM JUST YET CAUSE THE LIGHTED SCREEN IS TOO PAINFUL. IF YOU COULD SAY HELLO FOR ME OR POST THIS...WHICHEVER IS EASIER. SENDING LOVE AND HUGS ALL AROUND. JEN SAYS HI TOO. LOVE, PORANGI

carla49 11-14-2007 12:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Shad, when the dollar coin came out, it was dubbed a loonie because the tails side was of a loon floating on a lake. So when the $2 coin came out, it became the toonie. Every so often there's talk of a $5 coin, but then what would we call it??? (By the way, both coins are the same size, despite the pics below.)

Ruthxxx 11-14-2007 07:54 AM

And the silly government wanted us to call them the one dollar and two dollar coin! Duh!

This was supposed to be a really busy day with a quilting class, pet therapy, a flu shot, a meeting re Country Christmas and a visit from the breeder with my new dog. For some reason, I've lucked out and only the last is going to happen. I plan the quick trip to town that didn't happen yesterday and will do some sewing. My favourite kind of day - especially since Donna comes to clean! The breeder and Serena will be here around six (I hope!) and we'll see how tiny Serena manages Hershey, the house and the deck steps to the yard. She's awfully little (6 pounds) and may need a ramp for the steps.

May your hump day be just a gentle slope.

happy2bme 11-14-2007 08:11 AM

What about calling it a foofie? F - as in fiver? Ok, I just like the sound of the word. :rofl:

Shad - thanks for passing along the message from Mel. Sounds like she needs to give up working the elections - too many things in the air that will bother her. Not sure what I can recommend as a substitute for caffeine to stay away. Maybe a good pinch in the arm every 10 minutes :yikes: Just kidding tho it seems that and spices really get to her. It's hard having to adjust down. We anxiously await her return...

Rennie - there's other things you can do besides walking videos. Besides they say you have to mix it up once in a while as your body gets used to doing the same things over and over. There's always boxing with your kids :lol: or just chasing them around the room yelling at them :rollpin:

Shad - as for service here - the nicest people in the world are the wait staff who are here at the restaurants. They are so warm and friendly. The problems we have with service are those people who come to repair or do something at the house. When we were doing bids for landscaping we made appointments for estimates and some people just never kept the appointments. When my washing machine had problems the first 3 repair guys they sent had no idea how to work on the type of machine that I had even tho I was very specific on the telephone what model I had. Everyone complains about the service down here. As for road construction in Chicago the joke is that there are 2 seasons up there - winter and road construction. ALWAYS something being torn up that way and you know spring is coming when you see the robins return as well as the orange and white saw horses blocking off your precious traffic lanes.

Good going Ceejay on the 2 miles yesterday. It's good to have a job that gets you up and moving. I know what you mean about knowing what to do but not wanting to do it. It's the eternal question :lol:

Saw your light on Ruth as I was trolling through - I expect you'll be checking in soon. :wave:

Feeling a bit sniffly myself this morning. Not sure if it's the air or if a cold is coming down. Yesterday it seems I spent all night in the kitchen - cooked up a pot of beef vegetable soup, popped some baked chicken into the oven and made my once a year indulgence of beef stroganoff :T DH detests the smell of cooked mushrooms so I had to chase him out of the house while I was cooking it and then light up some aromatic oils to kill the smell but it was so good. Then I cleaned up the kitchen as well as the inside of the refrigerator. I didn't get to bed until well after midnight and I am very sleepy right now. Every morning I wake up tired and I tell myself TONIGHT I'm going to bed early and it never seems to happen. Maybe I need to have mom come over for a visit so she can holler at me :rofl:

Off to work now. Have a good day all...

Ruthxxx 11-14-2007 10:24 AM

Yup! The five dollar coin shall be called a Foufie and will smell! Too frassing funny! I'll pass the idea on to the Prime Minister next time I see him.

I'm outta here - the quilt shop calls.

Here's a pic of the current project - a wall hanging for my DD which is nearly done - except for batting, backing, quilting and binding! :shrug: She'd damned well better appreciate it.

Shad 11-14-2007 05:01 PM

Morning all,
Another day in Paradise - or should that be parasites! Ouch. Some folk around here are really starting to p*ss me off I can tell you. Questions, damn questions, more questions and this on stuff that they should already know. My email box is showing signs of overload. Enough of a rant.

Went out to dinner last night. Took the team for a meal. It was very pleasant to have a night off and have a couple of beers and a light meal. Now I have to push them for another two days to get things finished. After that we are more or less finished apart from the actual training. Not much writing stuff to do.

Carla - thanks for the explanation of the coins. I could have waited until I got home to see if I had any loonies and toonies (looney tunes???) but it is nice to know. There's talk here of a $5 coin but the old ladies are complaining about the weight in their handbags! The pollies will duck for cover on that one until after the election.

Ruth - love the quilting. Santa has very skinny legs. Is there a touch of Scotland here? Foufie? why not!!

Happy - no, you are not allowed to have a cold. Nobody is allowed what I had, it's horrid. Soup sounds nice. Love Stroganoff. I'm coming over for dinner.

Rennie - sorry to hear about the knee. Better that you try upper body stuff for a week or so, just to give it some recovery time. Otherwise you'll end up like Ruth and on the list for knee surgery.

Okay - time to move along and answer some more of these damned questions. Had a phone call from one of the Townsville Roosters this morning. Nice to be thought of once in a while.

mooz49 11-14-2007 05:18 PM

Hi chickies just dropped in to say that I had a mammogram and then ultrasound and thankfully is was only fatty nodules. I am so relieved …. I am still on a high….. :dizzy: .....the world is a beautiful place right now …. :carrot:
Hope you are all having a good day ...... :hug:

ceejay52 11-14-2007 06:25 PM

Mooz
That's great news. I'd be doing a happy dance.

Ruthxxx 11-14-2007 07:04 PM

Yippee! Glad I checked in to get the Mooz Nooz!

I'm waiting for the breeder and Serena - she's "running a bit late" again but IS on her way. Wanna bet she gets lost on some of the back roads?

Madcat 11-14-2007 10:38 PM

Sorry I have been lurking, ladies, but it has been one of THOSE weeks. I’ve been assigned to a new project at the same time that a bunch of backburner stuff suddenly boiled over. I’ve already but in something close to 25 hours this week – and Monday was a day off. :lol: Enough whining… on we go.

I always thought the Toonie (or is it twoonie?) should have been called the dubloonie (double-loonie, get it? Get it? :lol: ) or the Polar (because of the bear). But does anyone listen to me?? I remember the fervor when they brought the coins out – but now we don’t think twice about them.

Oh Mooz, so nice to see you and what great news on the boob-squish. Yes, the world is a beautiful place.

Ruthie~ Is the new doggie coming today? The quilt is lovely. Careful in those quilt shops! There is something about all those beautiful colours and textures that is so alluring.

Shy~ Sorry about your knee problems. Take it easy and let yourself heal.

Shad~ shovel those emails to one side and take a nice deep breath. Dinner out seems like a good idea. First the carrot and then get the big stick out. You may have to beat them all over the finish line. But there will be a finish line.

Happy~ Your Dh doesn’t like the smell of cooking mushrooms? I have never heard that one before. I feel the same way about liver and beets. Maybe you could just call your Mom and she’d yell at you over the phone?? :lol: You should take it easy and get over your sniffles.

Shad~ Thanks for posting Mel’s message. I hope she is on the mend. We miss her when she has to go awol.

Ok, I have to go. I sent work home to do but I’m just not up to it. I have to take the car in for its checkup tomorrow so at least I will have to leave work at a reasonable hour tomorrow to pick it up again. Like The Terminator, I’ll be back.:p

Shad 11-15-2007 04:11 AM

Wonderful, wonderful Mooz Nooz (love it - they are a poetic lot here)

So happy for you Mooz. :dance: :flow1: :dance: :flow1::dance: :dance: :flow1: :dance: :flow1::dance: :dance: :flow1: :dance: :flow1::dance: :dance: :flow1: :dance: :flow1::dance: :dance: :flow1: :dance: :flow1::dance:

Dancing among the flowers over here.

Time to go home and smell some flowers. Night all

happy2bme 11-15-2007 08:58 AM

A very good morning to you chicks,

Great news Mooz - so happy that things are well for you. Now go and enjoy life!

Loved the quilt Ruth - skinny legs and all :lol:

Welcome back Madcat. I love your avatar. What a pretty kitty! Don't stress out on the work front - all you'll get for it is a cold and a weakended immune system :lol: I'll write to the Canadian government and suggest they let you name the money because you have such catchy titles :rofl:

Shad - you are very artistic with the smilies. I notice the more stressed I feel the more I throw myself into artsy, crafty things - methinks you need some R&R. Tell them you need a few days off next week to celebrate the American Thanksgiving (as in giving thanks we have a 4 day weekend :lol: ) I have saved you a plate of stroganoff. I have to make a list of things you like so I can make them when you come and visit...

Rennie - good going on giving the knees a bit of a gentle rest. You can stomp around later on. Sometimes you have to get to a point where you realize that if you don't ease up for a few days, you will take yourself out of the game for 2 weeks with a flare up. I'm sure you have plenty of ways to move.

Ceejay - did you get the dreadful storms yesterday? I was at work in the middle of the building and missed most of them but it was dark as night just before I left to go home and windy as all get go. Was gorgeously warm yesterday and brrrrrrrr very cold this morning.

Time for this chick to fly out the door. :wave: :wave: to the rest of the clan

ceejay52 11-15-2007 01:41 PM

Rennie
Sometimes I think God puts obstacles in our way to make us slow down.
Take care of your knee.

Happy
The biggest storm came on Tuesday. I'd had to run the plant for thrity minutes at a time that day before I had to completely shut it down due to the extreme lightning. It got dark here also. Yesterday wasn't quite as bad. But it was still enough to upset my nerves.

Madcat and Shad
Don't let work get you down.

To the rest :wave:

I started to go to the distrtict meeting today but just didn't want to drive to Jonesboro, AR. Even got up and got dressed then to the gas station to fill up the car and half way to the interstate then decided I didn't want to go. I really need to be cleaning the house this week end as I'm planning on having my sister from Missouri for a couple of days the first of the week. I'm getting excited. I'm claustraphobic in crowds.

Have a good day.