'CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB' - Nov/Dec 2007

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hi gang . . .

Yes, seriously, I do have my Christmas shopping done. Still doing the shopping day with my buddy today because I know she still needs lots and I have three birthdays coming up before Christmas that I have to buy for yet.

We've got cold and overcast today but at least NS is only supposed to be getting rain today . . . unlike NB which is in for snow and ice in a lot of places. How's it looking where you are?

Anyway, guess I'd better get moving and shaking . . . Try to stay bright-eyed and bushy-tailed all day, gang -- or at least, bright-eyed. Extra should help . . . . . . See you later.
  • I'M BAAAACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!

It seems like FOREVER since I've been here! I really missed it, but without a computer, my access to anything REMOTELY technical was limited (yes, we have a computer at school, but I don't have that much time during the day to log on).

I hope everyone has been movin' and shakin' -- I know I'm going to have to get back with the program, as I haven't been as active as I would have liked, lo, this past few weeks.

Today was Thanksgiving here in the U.S., and even though I only had one helping of turkey dinner, it's still with me! I couldn't eat another bite! Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all my beloved Canadian friends!

I only have a second before I have to hit the hay, but I did want to check in and make sure my new-ish computer is working (an old laptop from a new friend).

"Hello" to everyone who has arrived in my absence, and I'll do my best to catch up over the weekend!

Good night, All!

Em
  • Good Morning . . .

Happy Turkey Leftovers Day to you EM . . . turn that carcass into a great, healthy and low calorie soup.

Nothing exciting for this Canuk today . . . weather is not too promising, so maybe I'll start the wrapping process. Must stay out of the kitchen . . . I get an almost overpowering urge to bake, bake, bake at this time of year -- that would be okay, except for the other almost overpowering urge to eat, eat, eat, that always seems to goes along with it.

Try to have a great day, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking . . .
  • Hey Canucks! Grey Cup!
    The Green Fever has struck the prairies. It seems about once every fifteen years the general populace here actually shows some pride in being from the prairie. Funny stuff. This morning in the gym, the changeroom was all filled with the wonderful senior ladies decked out in green. Gotta love it.
    I hope everyone is well. I haven't been around in ages, and have been kind of sticking to a plan, kinda not. Haha.
    I think the weekend maybe filled with beer and nachos. You know- showin my Rider Pride. I'll try to enjoy in moderation though.
    Moderation.
    Everyone have a great weekend.
  • Morning . . .
  • Afternoon . . . plus one . . .
  • Thought I'd pop in and say Good Morning . . . one more time . . .
  • Good morning chickies ,

How is everyone ? I am doing ok , I survived working the overnight midnight
    shift over the weekend . Boy oh boy I think my body is still recovering from it. The weather is warm but rainy this way . That is about it . Got to get running . Too bad I do not mean that literally . I am however finding time to walk on the treadmill , now that my shift is starting at 930am instead of 8am . ok too much blah blah . Got to go .

Bye , annette
  • Hi . . . is anybody out there? . . . We've got snow . . . how about you?
  • Good morning everyone , hello Meowee .
    Weather is cold and windy here in Saint Jean , nb. It looks like it is going to
    snow the next couple of days.
    Things are good here. I am off for 1 week starting today and I don't know where to start with my cleaning . I have to get my daughter ready for her little school Christmas/holiday season recital/show today. I have no idea what to do with her hair . Oh my !!! Well I guess i should be on my way . I hope to see everyone on here soon . It is nice to hear from everyone .

bye bye for now , Annette
  • Hi all!

We've even had snow out here on the west coast this week! Not much, but a fair dump for Vancouver - about 4-6inches at my house in the city, and more out in the 'burbs. The snow has definitely put me even further into a Christmas mood! Getting excited about shopping for presents, going home to my family, the whole deal.

I'm getting some big things figured out about me, my life, and my approach to weight loss, too! I bought the Best Life Diet book this week, and I think it's going to meet my needs... now I just need to decide whether to shell out for the website or not... it's not cheap, but if it's going to make me get back on plan and sort my life out, maybe it's a good investment?

Chocco - enjoy your week off!!
  • Hi there . . .

Been out running errands most of the day and I'm exhausted . . . but felt I really needed to take advantage of the little lull between blizzards.

Have a good evening everybody . . . see you soon . . .
  • the white stuff just keeps getting deeper and deeper her in north-eastern Nova Scotia . . . . . . how are things looking in your neck of the woods ????
  • Hi everyone. I'm back AGAIN! Bad time to begin again, I know...but at the rate I've been going, if I wait any longer, I'll weigh as much as the goodyear blimp! Maybe I can drop a couple before Christmas gets here....then in the new year, I can begin from where I am today instead of 10 lbs heavier than I am today. lol Good reasoning, huh??

Looks like it's been a while since anyone's posted here. Hope I'm not talking to a ghost thread.

For those who remember, I had surger in July 07, had some complications, took about 3 months to heal completely...and I've packed on the weight since then. After surgery, I lost down to about 218 (216 for about a minute one day, but I don't really count that...it literally lasted about a minute!). Now I'm back up to 230...again!! Gotta get if off....it's just packing on and on.

I went back to Curves (1st time since surgery) last Friday. I'm pretty much back on the wagon...for now. I'm going to WW meeting tomorrow. I've gotta do it...I'm feeling terrible....achy joints, back pain, feet hurt nearly constantly...the whole thing.

Anyway, hope to find someone else to talk to....

Diana
  • I'm still around DIANA . . . at least we can talk to each other . . . I manaaged to lose 5 lbs over October and November but I'm not doing so well with December. Like your attitude and hope it's contagious.

See you later . . .