Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #91  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome mamamona! You aren't crashin' anything ^^ Just a buncha gals in here chattin' it up. Way to go on those lost 10 lbs!!! That is super great! Losing another 38 lbs in 9 months is VERY possible! We'll be here to support you as best we know how

Shimmering - We just HAVE to focus on the positive! Besides, two meals with fries will not be your undoing. (But I do hope they were tasty )

Wish me luck everyone. I'm going to a Halloween party tonight. I'm eating dinner shortly so that I won't end up there tonight starving & surrounded by nothing but chips & candy corn!
Old 10-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'4"

How is everyone's weekend going?! Mine is going well and I have been keeping up with my diet and exercise so that is good. There are times that I really want to just go off track and binge on some chocolate but I put up some old pics of me when I was skinny on the fridge lol so everytime I go to open it up I look at the pics and remind myself why I am doing this!!
Old 10-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #93  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome mamamona, we are glad you joined us. Congratulations on your weight loss.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #94  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mommytogirls
Sometimes it can be hard, great idea about the pics.

Faerie
Eat up so you won't be so tempted. Here is a little to help you.

Shimmering
Nothing wrong with a little treat here and there. Just make sure it isn't to many heres and not enough theres or it is going to say here and not there lol. I have this one walking video I wonder how the woman keeps her hair up. It is the biggest part on here whole body lol.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #95  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Too much stress today. Had ice cream and chips...not together thank goodness. Will get back to being good tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #96  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi Momamona welcome and congrats on the weight loss!
Faerie, I hate to admit it but the fries were darn good But no more of me talking about fries or I will be wanting more *LOL* I hope you had a good time at your halloween party and enjoyed yourself!
MommytoGirls you have good willpower, keep that up! Me I am good all week long but weekends are my downfall. I am trying to slowly get that back on track also.
Shy I hear what you are saying, that is why I am glad to be in this group, people that can give their opinion without making you feel bad about yourself as everyone understands what we all go through! Your comment about the hair cracked me up!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #97  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Shy.... They sell the Metamucil now in pills.... capsules... much easier to go down... I just take 5 of them (the recommended amount for IBS) with my morning coffee and I'm done with it for the day. They don't taste like anything... lol

The Hockey game was a blast. Our team kicked the other teams butt 9-2 which is pretty high for a hockey game... Woo Hoo!!! I drank 3 beers and did share a few nachos with cheese BUT I only ate maybe less than 10 chips so I was proud of that. I would usually be eating the whole thing and licking the cheese out of the container. I was on my feet a lot dancing every time our team scored so maybe I even burned off the chips. LOL

We DID sneak in food in my daughter's purse! Well, hubby and daugher did... he brought some chex mix and some M&M's so I didn't touch either which was a bit difficult because M&M's are my absolute favorite. I would usually knock somebody to the ground to get at the M&M's but I just sooooo want to do this right this time that I'm taking pride in every time I say no. So far so good but I'm definately not opposed to sneaking the food into places.... Especially the movies... it's sooooo expensive!

Have a great night ladies... good luck with everything and I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #98  
Rennie

I hate pills, doesnt that stuff make you go more lol.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:25 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Yay I weighed myself today and I lost 2 lbs this week! Yay!! I decided that I want to try and get to 175 by Christmas if I can!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #100  
Made of Starstuff

Firstly, thanks for the will power, Shy. Must've helped, because I didn't eat or drink at the party at all ^^ No snacks, candies or alcohol! Woot! Also, they are fiber pills/powder so.. yeah, they're supposed to add a little "going" power.

And thank you Shimmering, it was a lot of fun!

OneLastTime - I'm glad you had a good time. That's the most important thing after all. And wtg on avoiding the M&Ms ^^

Mommy2Girls - WTG on the weight loss!!! And best of luck on your goal

Checklist for today (well yesterday since it is VERY late):

Food -
Exercise -
Water -
Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #101  

morning ladies! wow everyone is doing so good! even those of you saying that you ate something you shouldn't have - you all still have good attitudes about trying again and getting back on track! that's great! sometimes i forget that i don't have to be perfect, and even if i cheat on my diet that doesn't mean i have to chuck it all.

our thread is getting long! do you think we should start a new one weekly? if so, i can start a new one tonight for monday morning and could do that each week. lemme know.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #102  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Mornin everybody! Sounds like everyone is doing well and sticking to it this weekend. I'm about to get dressed and go for a walk if I can get this husband of mine up to watch the girls! Plan on pumping the old stability ball up today and trying that for some toning. Gotta be done though.
I would LOVE to be down to 155 by Christmas. 13lbs-2months. I lost 10lbs this month so I think it can be done. Everybody have a great day. I'll check back later.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #103  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Mama it def can be done. Everyone is doing such a great a job with the weight loss. I am also guilty of indulging here and there, sometimes here and here, but try not to let it steer me off my course. Still have 8 more pounds to go until my Thanksgiving goal. Do you guys think this is realistic? If so any suggestions, I am getting bored with my diet.

Last edited by unstoppable; 10-28-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstoppable View Post
Mama it def can be done. Everyone is doing such a great a job with the weight loss. I am also guilty of indulging here and there, sometimes here and here, but try not to let it steer me off my course. Still have 8 more pounds to go until my Thanksgiving goal. Do you guys think this is realistic? If so any suggestions, I am getting bored with my diet.

HI!
I'm still new here but this isn't my first weight loss journey ....
YES 8lbs is realistic - Thanksgiving is about 5 weeks away soooo that's 1.6 lbs a week. 8lbs is a realistic and healthy goal!
What's your diet, if I may ask? I was a chef in a former life (how I got so fat in the first place, lol) so I might have some suggestions on how to "spice it up a bit" if you're bored.. I also have experience with a number of different diet plans.. took me a long time to find out what worked for me!
I'm counting calories now, in addition to cutting out refined sugars,white bread and starches, because it really seems to be what works best for me..
doing the combo allows me to "cheat" within reason if I'm still falling within range of my calorie goals.. it's a lot harder for me to justify a treat if it's 1/3 of my calories for a day!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #105  
Rennie

Mommy
Steady and slow is how the turtle does his pases but he always wins the race. The slower weight comes off the more use to the new way of eating you are. This isn't about how fast we can do something, this journey we take is about changing how we eat for our entire lives. How we look and feel about how we look 5 years from now, starts today.

Faerie
So glad you are so darn proud of yourself. Those kind of moments are what help us thru the rough spots. Since I don't have a " diet " plan. I never eat anything I am not allowed to eat lol. I just stay in some basic guide lines and enjoy.

I am still about 8lbs ahead of myself goal wise. Just looked lol. I don't tend to worry to much about that kind of thing. 1lb a week is fine with me. The skin loves it, goes back into place nice and easy nothing left over. Pretty happy that I don't have but a few stretch marks ( except a few extra on my breasts and they are very light colored) that I already had from having my children and they don't show much. I don't do without a thing, just watch portion sizes. This is just a thought from me to you all. A goal is very nice but if you don't make it don't let it get you down. Disappointment can really wreck all the hard work you have done to get where you are. Just think I have X amount of weight less to lose today than I did when I started this journey.
Closed Thread