Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #31  

Dee-Thanks for asking. Mike still hasn't found a job. Things are really tough. He went to a job fair today. Gosh, I remember when you didn't have back problems. How long has it been since your pain started? It seems like maybe 3 or 4 years now. Has it been that long? I really feel your pain.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #32  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

HEY HEY HEY

Thought I would let everyone know. We are going to the Columbus Zoo this coming Sunday, October 21.

Anyone that lives in Ohio, or any where else for that matter. Please catch a ride, go by plain, train or auto. Put your walk in for the day lol. Come to the zoo. Wouldn't it be a great place to meet each other. Going to be special Halloween things there I guess. Should be lots of fun.

The place is open from 8 am to 8 pm. Admittance is 10 dollars under 2 is free I think. Parking costs 5 dollars per car.

See you there.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-17-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #33  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ The dress is beautiful! I don't see any reason why it wouldn't look fantastic on you!

Shy ~ I grew up just outside of Dayton, Ohio and have been to the Columbus zoo many times! I'm kind of far away for a trip to the zoo now though. Have a great time!

Dee ~ Mom is a receptionist in a doctor's office. We're all doing ok...we have moments, but it's going to get easier with time. Like you said, figuring out a new routine is going to be the hard part.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #34  
Janice

Gayle - the dress is beautiful. I think it will look great on you. Very elegant.
Dee- I do pilates everyday which seems to help with stiffness in my back. I don't have the kind of problems that you do but my arthritis affects my back sometimes. I would like to try yoga but not sure if I how enough flexibility to do it.
Cheryl - Look at our little guy growing. It seems the time is going fast. Are you still having morning sickness?
Good Morning Everyone out there in Floozieland.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #35  
Rennie

The leaves are finaly changing. Should be a pretty ride to the zoo this weekend.

Suzy
I live on the other side of the world from Dayton. Akron area lol.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #36  
Losing it!

Janice Poo... check your PM
Old 10-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #37  
Rennie

Thought I would check in before I start getting things done around here. Have 2 extra people in the house starting tomorrow afternoon. They are just going to stay the night since they are going to the zoo with us. So, better get things done. Will make everyone help make sure ever thing is finished up before we all go to bed tomorrow. Chat later.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #38  

Rennie have fun at the zoo. Most of our leaves have fallen. We will do one last racking this weekend if it stops rainning.

Janice most people that try yoga for the first while are not flexible. It is why people start taking it, because they have lost their flexablity. You will notice after doing it a month or so that you have become much more flexible and better balance. The class I do is a mixture of pilates and yoga.

Suzy hugs sent to you for the weekend. Take one in the morning and one in the evening before bed.

Shelley my back has been sore for 4 years. In the beginning of december it will be 3 years since my last back surgery.
I am sure you understand the suffering from back pain as you see Mike deal with it daily.
My girlfriend dropped off some info on lazer therepy............anyone here of someone having success from it? I think that I am going to give it a try.

Tonight we are going to Shakespere in the ruins. Dez got some tickets from work for the performance tonight. It should be fun. Something different to do.

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #39  
Rennie

dee
I have back pain all the time since I was in a car accident about 30 years ago. Not much they can do about it since it is soft tissue damage I guess. If I understood them right. I walk, I talk, I make the kids do chores lol, such is life. Hope you find something thats helps to relieve your pain.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-19-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #40  
Losing it!

Dee, I'm sorry, been meaning to ask you... what is Dez doing now? I remember she had a few interviews setup about a month or so ago. It seems like forever you have been fighting the back pain. Were you ever able to have your heart test??
Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #41  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Has anyone been having trouble getting pages to load here the past few days? The board has been so slow...it's still slow for me tonight, but at least I can get pages to load and hopefully I'll be able to post this...

Thanks for the hugs Dee! Yesterday was a bad day for me, but today was better. I guess it's going to be like that for awhile.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:12 PM   #42  
Rennie

Suzy
From time to time the site loads real slow.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #43  
Losing it!

Hello friends!
I have an announcement to post. After careful consideration, I have decided to leave the 3FC site. I consider each of you a dear friend and it saddens me to leave. I have tossed around the idea since we were moved into the smaller groups. Some of my reasons for leaving are listed below:

We were not contacted prior to the change, which it would have been nice to know a change was expected.

Cheryl, as moderator was not notified of the change as far as I know. She should have been given the common courtesy of knowing what was about to take place. After all of her devotion and hard work, I feel they could have discussed the change with her and then she could of discussed it with us.

Cheryl is no longer our moderator… enough said…

I have had PM’s “screened” and context removed if it contains a link.

We are not allowed to post other links in our postings, which is really not that big of a deal, but I feel we should be able to discuss and post links to other sites.

It saddens me to leave, but just know I have most of your emails, etc. and I will stay in contact. I can’t believe after 7-8 years here it has reached this point.

I wish all of you the very best life has to offer and know I am not leaving because of any problems with the group.

God bless!!! Gayle
Old 10-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #44  
it's always something

Gayle, I'm sorry the changes have upset you, it wasn't our intention. We haven't asked any groups to disband, we' just asked you to post here instead of there.

The guidelines for a group having a dedicated forum require a large and very active group. Both of the forums in question used to be very busy with many members, but have gradually tapered down into very small groups. Each of the two forums in question had around 6 months of posts on one page. We frequently get complaints from new members that our forum is too large and confusing because we have so many forums. We've tried to make it more user friendly by closing out the forums that have reverted to small groups and have done this a few times over the last couple of years. We've made a lot of larger changes over the last few weeks, including restructuring the layout of the main diet forums.

We've been contemplating closing these forums for a long time and hoped they would pick up, but unfortunately it didn't happen. The final decision to do so on the day we did was on the spur of the moment, as described above, since we were making some major changes anyway. The timing seemed right to us from an administrative view. It is true that we didn't give advance notice, like we normally do, but we were in the process of moving the other forums around anyway and decided to take advantage of the overall changes for a variety of reasons and go ahead and finish it up now instead of later. We sent a PM to every person that participated in the 2 forums affected to let them know, as an alternative to a forum post. There were only 3 members in one forum, plus a mod, and I think 6 members in the other forum plus 2 mods. Obviously we didn't need 3 mods to watch over 9 members, you aren't a mischievous bunch

I don't know what you are referring to with the PMs being screened, though, because we don't and can't see or screen them. If someone posts a link or a word that has been added to the forum censor then it will be automatically censored in PMs as well. It's programmed into the software. Otherwise, you are free to discuss whatever you like or link to anything you want in PMs. We don't have the ability to see your PMs.

We really don't want you to leave, and hope you'll reconsider. I'm truly sorry the changes upset you in this way
Old 10-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #45  
Losing it!

Thank you Suzanne for the response. I CAN understand moving us, which is perfectly ok since we are a small, inactive group. I do feel Cheryl was treated unfairly. She should of, as moderator had some advance notice instead of coming to the board and finding out the same way all of us did. We didn't have a chance to save any of our bio or birthday threads, which we can always start over, but it would of been nice to have the opportunity to save if the group desired to. Cheryl has made a WONDERFUL moderator and I feel she was not given the chance to voice her opinion in the matter. I'm not sure what went on, but I am assuming she was not told of the change until we were.

I assumed PM's were being screened because I sent one with a link attached and the person on the receiving end had the link deleted. My misunderstanding, it must of been the censor in the software program.
Closed Thread