Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 05:42 AM   #16  

Allison-My DD's senior pictures were done at the beginning of the summer and she has them already. I can't believe they did them so early here. They were $300.00. I hope you have better luck with the cost than I did!
Becky is in Kappa Delta. Patty has no intention of joining a sorority when she goes to college.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #17  

Everybody check your PM's!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #18  
Losing it!

Cheryl, I PMed you back!!! Glad you had a nice trip!

Shelley, Liz's pics were about that amount too. They turned out really nice. I hope Becky is able to get the parking thing all straightened out.

Dee, I'm not even sure if I want to discuss wedding plans. I assumed as times are changing maybe the grooms family would want to chip in too. NOTTA! We are paying for everything.... and stuff is three times higher then I expected. I don't mind paying, but I do mind the grooms mother making helpful suggestions (because I'm young/stupid) if they are not helping out financially. PLUS we have two young adults who seem to think it will all magically appear and everything will be done. Not one ounce of wanting to pre-plan etc. Can you tell I wish I could crawl under a rock? I told Steve they have no worries because they both KNOW we will take care of everything and not let something happen to ruin the big day. Well, enough griping for today!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #19  

Shelley the dresses for the wedding our beautiful. Very similar color to the dress I had for Jason's wedding. The bride sure is young. I was only 17 when I got married....lol
That sucks about Becky's car. Hopefully she can fight it and get off from the fine.
Her place sounds discusting. When Dez stayed in the dorm the shared girls bathroom was gross. I wouldn't even use it. They also had shared showers.

Cheryl it sounds like your cousin has to much time on her hands. Let her know that you don't want her to feed your dog.
I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Branson with your mom. Did you go see any shows?
Check your message box.

Suzy where does your mom work? How is she coping?
I am sure that it will be difficult time for you. Once you get some sort of routine going at home it will be a little easier.

Allsion our senior photos are taken in the school just like any other years pictures except they get pics of them with flowers and their gowns on. It isn't that much of a bigger deal. They are still expensive to buy the packages though.
Sounds like a pretty splashy party you went to. What did you wear?

Gayle.....weddings.....put a pencil in between your teeth. It will make you smile. lol
We payed our half of the wedding but didn't have any imput into it. The kids wanted to plan everything. Well maybe I should say Ashley wanted to plan everything. Her mom helped with some of the decisions.
I am surprised the kids don't want to plan their wedding. I can see you being miffed at the in laws for suggesting things and not even offering a dime. I hope that their gift to the kids will make up for it.
I am sure that the wedding you are planning will be 2 to 3 times the price of our kids wedding. The meal for 100 people was $2200 and the booze was $1600. I think that the music was about $300. Are you have a dinner and dance? If there is any advise I can give you ask away? I won't offer you any since I am not paying for the wedding......grin!

My back was really bad last night that I missed many hours of sleep. I caught up on them this afternoon when I took a long nap...zzzzzzz
Larry and I are going to look at bathroom sinks tonight. I want a bowl sink. It will be nice for a statement piece but not only that it is high so it will be easier for me to use because of my back.

Are any of you ladies on facebook? I got a wonderful surprise this weekend when one of my dear friends found me. We were neighbors over 20 years ago. She was just a kid but I loved her and her sister like my own girls. She lives in Paris. I am just going to send her a message now and fill her in on what has been happening with us the last 20 years.

Have a good day and keep posting.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #20  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My friends daughter is haveing her senior pics done at walmart ( so is someone else but I am not allowed to say whom). She said they want better they can pay for them lol. I said hey they take good pics. Don't break the bank for your mom and dad.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-16-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #21  
Losing it!

The wedding will be later in the afternoon Dee. we will then go to a hall and have the reception, dinner & dance. We have a local D.J from the radio station doing the music and I plan to try and prepare most of the food myself the day prior to. Liz is a procrastinator big time and guess what? Hubby to be is too... they KNOW we will take care of everything. Joy, joy... Don't worry, feel free to make suggestions and I won't even expect you to chip in!! LOL! We have a local seamstress making the dresses, so we can wait until after the first of the year for those. I found the dress I think I want other then it is a long formal, I'm not sure at my height if I could pull it off or not, I may look like a kid trying to play dress up. Here is a link:
http://www.jordanfashions.com/produc...nPhotoID=14772 I would probably go with the Amethyst or Victorian.
What do you girls think????
The pic isn't that clear, but it is satin with a chiffon overlay/jacket that buttons at the waist area.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #22  
Rennie

Oh what a pretty dress.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #23  

Gayle I think that the amethyst color would look the best on you. Did you know that for us short ladies a full length dress makes us look taller and leaner? I love the style. It is hard to see that their is a jacket, it looks like a one piece. When the jacket is removed is it a strapless dress or does it have straps?
You are fortunate to have a DJ plan for you. The music will be awesome. Our kids got married at later in the day too. They had only 1 hour for pictures before the reception. It was a bit tight but better for the guests as they didn't have much time before cocktails.
I can't beleive that you will be preparing the food. Gayle the one that doesn't enjoy cooking......what are you planning on making?
Oh boy, to procrastinators, that will be an interesting challenge as they become one.

Rennie I agree that Walmart does take great pictures for a great price.

Well Larry is calling to me if I am ready for the nightly ritual of our hot tub splash so I better run.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:48 AM   #24  

Gayle-The dress is beautiful! Remind me..when is the wedding? I just found out that my neice is getting married in May (in New York,) and my nephew is getting married in June. I don't know if we will be able to make the NY trip, but Shane's is in Sarasota, so that will be no problem. The engagement party is in December, right after my boss's son's wedding in Orlando, which I will be attending on Dec. 15. So much love in the air!!

Dee-You have been in so much pain for so long. I hope your back feels a bit better today.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #25  

I remember Sr. pictures. I paid for my own. Made a down-payment and then paid them out by the month until I could pick them up. I don't remember how much the cost was, though. Of course, that was 14 years ago.

Not much going on here, just wanted to check in.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #26  
Rennie

Dee
I didn't mean to sound cheap. Like I told my son, we are not rich. I remember in high school there was a girl that spent 5 times as much on her pics as I did mine. Hers didn't look any better than mine lol. There is a tradition i our family that this pic is a formal pic, showing the child has now gone into adulthood. He is going to be wearing a suit and tie. If I wanted pics on a rock, beside a tree or anything else. I could take them myself. This is a pic I will have hanging in my living room for the rest of my life. He thought about it for 1/2 a min and said ok, what ever you want. What do I care. I will pass a few out and never bother with the rest lol. The girl said the same thing to her mother lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-17-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gayle~the dress is beautiful!

Dee~I wore black slacks and a black/white/pink blouse--nothing spectacular. I dressed pretty much like the majority of the people there. It was a nice party but so many people! I think there were over 300! No "real" celebrities that I could discern, but definitely a lot of $$$money$$$!

As for Dana's senior photos--she could get the regular photos at the high school--they devote a whole week for doing the seniors (they make appointments for them from 7 AM until quite late at night), or they can get their own. I chose to do my own because I know the photographer and I know his work. Also, because of the charity group we belong to, he does something special for us--we have a presentation show in the spring for the senior girls and he supplies the digital photos for our program at no charge. He also helps us with the invitation and the group photos and he serves as photographer for the event. I think his prices are reasonable (at least for the sitting fee). For the group photo, he charged $150 (12 girls). He did several group shots and then several more individual shots. One girls couldn't make the shot due to a funeral (she came the following week) and he digitally inserted her in the group photo and you can't tell at all! (When I get my copies in a few weeks I'll post them.) For the $150, we also get a huge poster-sized photo for display. For the individual photo shoot, I paid $85 (for 2 hours) and he gives includes 11x17 photo which we display at the presentation show. All the other copies will have a price BUT he usually does something special for the kids he knows well (like Dana). I've seen collages (which is what she is hoping for) using several of the photos in the shoot. That's why she brought along all her instruments and so many different outfits. I'm sure he'll come up with something extra artistic with the shots he took (I'll find out tomorrow).
Old 10-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #28  

Allison wow taking senior pics is a big event. It is almost as big of an event as a wedding. I am anxious to see Dana's pictures. They should be beautiful because she is a gorgeous girl.
The party you attended did sound like there were a lot of high rollers, too bad there wasn't someone famous like Arnold or Tom or Weslie.

Rennie I had a good laugh over your comments about taking pics by the rock or tree. Our family only puts pics up for about a year and they they are changed.

Shelley thank you for the well wishes. I try my hardest to do what is best for my back. I can't even imagine what I would be like if I was heavier or didn't swim or do yoga. Those are the two exercises that help the most. I do a lot of walking, and a bit of jogging, and also lift weights.
You sure have a lot of big events coming up. It always seems to go that way. There maybe nothing for a year or two and then bang you are out every second weekend.
How is the prospects going for Mike and employment. I hate to ask but I want you to know that I am praying for a job for him.

Cheryl thanks for checking in. You were an independent girl. Good for you. How have you been feeling?

Just about lunch. I better go get it ready.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #29  
Rennie

Dee
Is a tradition. Senior pic hangs forever. My mother still, to this day, has mine and my sisters hanging in her living room. My grandmother had all her children's senior pics in her living room until she died. All other pics change, those stay forever.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Dee
Is a tradition. Senior pic hangs forever. My mother still, to this day, has mine and my sisters hanging in her living room. My grandmother had all her children's senior pics in her living room until she died. All other pics change, those stay forever.
Awwww.....I like that tradition. Like you said, it is almost like a rite of passage from childhood into adulthood.
Closed Thread