Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default THIN WANNABEE'S CHITTER-CHATTER (October/2007)

Howdy! Welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

Please come join our weekly chit-chat! Everyone is welcome here. We look forward to meeting you!

We all have one thing in common – we want to lose those pounds & inches and have a healthier lifestyle.

There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation – not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Please feel free to post with us – just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms! The more the merrier!

Let’s work together towards a healthier and thinner us!!

Last edited by CJ; 10-11-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #2  
CJ

HELP!!! I've fallen off the wagon big time! I need to STOP and get myself back on track! I am still walking and still doing Curves but ... my eating habits have gone poopie! I am thinking of joining WW Online .. they have the free week offer so maybe I'll give that a try.

Come join us and let's get to know one another!

Anyway - hope to hear from someone SOON!!!!

Love, CJ
Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #3  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default I'm Back!

Hi everyone, I am finally back here. I have been trying to play catch up on things around here that I needed to do. So just said I have to make the time to just do it. I really missed this group and am so glad to be back. Thanks to CJ and Kim for keeping the homefires burning.

First of all I just LOVED Hawaii so much. Next to our cruise a couple of years ago, when Ken and I went to Jamica, Grand Cayman and Mexico this was right up there. We had so much fun and the islands are So beautiful, the weather was great, the scenery was wonderful, with the Pacific ocean, the mountains, palm trees and exotic flowers everywhere, even growing in the wild. We ended up going to 4 islands, including where we stayed in Oahu, in Honolulu, on Waikiki Beach. I decided that if we were going to go there we might as well see everything we can in those 8 days. So we took hops to Maui and Kauai and Dan decided he wanted to go to the Big Island of Hawaii and see a volcano, I figured that we might as well go now, while we are there, so we did book a tour there as well. The volcano was amazing, we walked on the lava from where it had erupted many years ago, it looked like black stone. I know Dan loved it as did all of us. Tracy just loved going anywhere and especially loved that she could just go up to a bush pick a beautiful flower for her hair, like a Plumeria or a Hibiscus or any other beautiful flower that caught her eye. When we went to Maui, we rented a car and went to a waterfall and got to swim in it, I had never done that and it was great. Than in Kauai we also rented a car and went to Waimea Canyon, which looks just like The Grand Caynon, only smaller, about 11 miles long and it was breathtaking. The first thing we noticed on Kauai was there was wild chickens all over the place, at the airport, the rental car place, along the sides of the road they were running around and everywhere else. I guess they said that in 1991 they had a bad hurrican that pretty much wiped out the island and all of the chicken ranches had the roofs blown off so they all got out and now they are wild, so we say many baby chicks, roosters strutting around and it was pretty funny. So needless to say being animal lovers, Tracy and myself spend more time chasing them and taking pictures and Ken had to keep saying to us "Come on over here and look at the beautifu view". LOL But our trip was so special and I was very happy that at least one son and one daughter could come. Tracy missed little Tyler, but he was in good hands with his Dad in Illinois. We did so many things, went to a luau, snorkeled, went on a catamaran, saw Pearl Harbor, went to a place where they grow orchids and the macademia nut place, Mauna Loa and got lots of those yummy nuts they have there. We really overdid the free samples, especially the chocolate ones. HA HA So Had lots of food and gained a few pounds, and that was not too bad as we walked so much while we were there, so that helped me not to gain so much. I have already got most of it off this past week when I went to my WW meeting. I will keep on plugging and get to where I want to be.

Jennifer/Sugarmama-Glad you posted with us, you will love our great little group. We are small but we always are here for each other to get to where we want to be with our weight loss program. Don't worry if you fall off the bandwagon, we all have been there. Just take it one day at a time or even a meal at a time. Hope you keep on posting with us. We will be here for you.

CJ-How are you doing? I hope you are doing better and over your flu by now. I too have been like you, have fallen off the wagon too, going so much I have not been so much on program, and have not been to Curves in quite a while, went back last week after almost 2 1/2 weeks of not going, but just now I have paid for another year so I am hoping to be on a roll here with the eating right and exercise program as well. We can do this CJ, with a little help from each other and all of us Wannabee's. I know you have been waiting patiently for me to post about my Hawaiian trip. for waiting!

Kim-Sorry about your computer and hardive. I know that was the last thing you needed right now, with everything else going on in your world, between work, school, the divorce and taking care of Hannah I know it was a lot more to deal with. But glad you are up and running once again.

Ok, now on to another topic, I know CJ you are worried about our group being so small and we are not posting as much and our group seems to shrinking and I am a big culprit of this too, not posting. So I am going to try to post much more often from now on, I really need to just try and make the time and hopefully we all can this. Even if it is just a quick post from us, just to keep in touch. I also don't want to lose this group and hopefully we can build and people will lurk and want to join up with this wonderful group. Let's hope that some of our old Wannabee's come back too. We miss everyone and hope to hear from you all soon. So everyone try to keep on posting and I know I will too. Have a wonderful week everyone and talk to you soon. Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 10-08-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #4  

Hello Ladies!

I know it's been a long time since I've last posted here. It's good to know that CJ and Sharon are still here.

I'm still a stay at home mom. Nico is now 4 years old and will be starting Kindergarten next fall. I am still going to WW and have recommitted to it since gaining 18 pounds in a year.

CJ- Thank you so much for the e-mail. I hope all is well with you and Dick.

Sharon- How are you my friend? How is Chrissy? I know this is the anniversary of Rick's death. I always say a little prayer for the both of you. Please tell Chrissy I say hello.

I do plan on posting more often.

I hope you all have a great day!

Sylvia
Old 10-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #5  

Default Oh My Gosh It's Sylvia!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaa Sylvia's back!

I just can't hardly believe that you are back posting with us again. You have no idea how happy I am to see you with us again. I was about to email you or even digging out your phone # to call you again and tell you how much I miss you.

You are such a great and dear friend and I am overcome with joy that you are back. Wow Nico is now 4 yrs and and about going to school too? My gosh how time flies, it seems like he was just born and I remember all the great pictures you sent to me and what a cutie he was than and I just know he is even cuter now. If you get a minute send me a recent picture of him, my email may not be the same so I will PM you with it, just in case. Don't worry about your weigh gain, we all have been there and I am currently there as well. The scale is not going the right way for me either so I am recommitting as well to get there. I am still on Weight Watchers too and have been for years and figure if I didn't keep on going I would really see the scales climb. Plus we do learn the right way to eat and these good habits will follow us throughout out life. So we will all be able to get there together and help each other.

Thanks for the wishes about my dear brother, Rick. Chrissy is doing very well, in fact she is engaged to a great guy, also named Rick and is very happy. She just had knee surgery for a knee replacement not too long ago and is up and running. She has a great business now and takes care of elderly people in their homes, has many a lot of people working for her and the business is doing great. We also just found out her oldest daughter, Emily, who got married last year is expecting with her husband, Chip. So can you believe Chrissy is going to be a Grandma in March sometime? She will be one crazy Grandma. Her younger daughter, Ellen just got married and her and her husband, Michael are currently traveling in India. So things are good for her. I see her when I can, in fact last month I went there and we both went to Bay City, Michigan for a girls weekend. She also still looks after my Dad, Papa and takes really great care of him. You do know that my brother, Jerry that lived with us died last July from COPD didn't you? I was not sure if you knew or not. We really do miss him so much. But hope that catches you up with my Sister In Law, Chrissy. I just called her tonight and left her a message letting you know she asked about her so she probably will check your post out.

Oh ya, as for me I am finally a Grandma. Yes, Air Force daughter, Tracy in Illinois, she and her husband had a baby boy 6 months ago, Tyler and I just love him so much. AND other daughter, Kelly, she is a teach and lives here in Indy, and her hubby, are expecting their baby in a week or so, a boy also, he will be named Brandon. She is due around Oct the 16th, so we are all excited to be having another Grandchild. The boys will only be 6 months apart so you know things will be jumping around the Scobel household come the holidays. It will be crazy, but I couldn't be happier after waiting what seems like forever for Grandkids. I am on cloud 9 all the time. So now you are all caught up and can't wait to hear from you again.

Well again great having you back with us. You were missed much more than you know. I love you much and talk to you soon.

Anyone else who cares to join our merry group, post with us and see what a wonderful group we are. We may be small but we will be there for you I promise!

Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 10-08-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #6  
CJ

Good morning everyone! I've got a few minutes before going to Curves and walking. Hope you all find us now that we have been moved.

Sharon:
Wow - what a wonderful time was had by all in Hawaai - sound like you had sooooooooo much fun I bet you hated to come back - except of course to see your grandson! I am so glad you posted finally ... yes, I was patiently waiting - lol. I almost felt like I was there also while reading your excitement on the trip! Glad to hear you are getting back into the grove (WW, Curves, etc) - me too! Although, I didn't miss Curves or walking, but I was falling off the healthy food wagon, but am slowly getting back on the right track now. So keep posting girlfriend!

Kim:
Hope your computer is up and running smoooth again! Computers can be such a pain sometimes! But, what would we do without them?

Slyvia:
It was sooooo good to hear from you and I am really thrilled to see you posted here with us ... it's been a long time and like Sharon says you were dearly missed! I hope you don't dissapear on us again! Nico has grown into such a handsome boy - he's really a sweetheart!

Well, got to run. I had to come in and inspect our "new place" in misc clubs. We lost our own "space" but since we have gotten so small maybe it is better .. people may be able to find us easier and as long as we can still connect and help each other that is all that matters.

Have a great day and hope to hear from everyone again real soon!

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 10-11-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone!

First, it's good to be back. I've had some more computer problems. I had a trojan (spelled right?) virus or something along those lines affect my computer. I was just surfing the net, then next thing I knew, I kept getting these pop ups saying I needed to download some virus protection because something was trying to attack my computer. Turns out, that was the virus, and I could pay this person or company money to remove the stuff they put on my computer in the first place. Anyway, I had to use the recovery disks again, and start out all over like I did when I replaced the hard drive. I am finally back up and running, as good as new.

Second, Sylvia--so good to see you post again. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. My goodness, your little one is 4!! Doesn't seem possible. My daughter just turned 8. How time flies!

Now, for some good news. I have a new job!!! I will be the office manager for a small, family owned business in Summitville. I start this job Nov. 5. I am sooo glad to finally be getting out of the factory I work in. I am just not able to do the physical work like I used to. The foot I injured last year is not ever going to heal if I don't get out of there and off the ladders I am on every day. Plus, this is what I'm going to school for. This is an answer to prayers. Both mine, and the people I'm working for. It's nice to have someone have such confidence in me. I hope I don't disappoint them.

I got on the scale for the first time today in almost a month. I have finally lost another pound or two. This really surprises me as I have been eating like crazy. Lately, I am hungry all the time, and having a hard time keeping my blood sugar up. It has been 'bottoming out' at work. I make sure I snack at every break. Doesn't matter what I eat, it still is dropping. I know peanut butter, milk, cheese, that kind of stuff is better to eat so that is what I make sure I have. Sometimes I feel so shaky and woozy I break down and have a candy bar just to get the feeling to go away quicker, and then have some kind of protein to keep it up--but it doesn't help. The worse time is really in the evenings at home. Seems I am always eating right now. And almost always have the shakes a little bit. Guess I need to break down and go to the doctor and see what he suggests, but I will be without insurance for a few months with this job change. I am hoping I can hold off until I get the new insurance to go see him. Anyway, I am down to around 181 right now. Until I figure out what is going on, I will be happy not to gain weight, and think I might worry if I loose any considering how I'm eating.

I will post again soon, but for now, I need to get off here and go to bed. It's almost 2 am and I have to be up by 6 for work. I just wanted to say hi and tell everyone my good news.

I am kinda disappointed our group got moved to the misc. club forum, but maybe CJ is right, this will be better and easier to find. I'm just glad we weren't eliminated altogether. I would be lost without you all.

Kim

Last edited by KimV; 10-12-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to give you a big to the Miscellaneous Club group! I hope you'll like it here, and if you need anything, please just ask Marti or me, and as your moderators we'll do all we can to help you.

A short note to Sharon - remember the fun we had in Terre Haute?? We'll have to do it again sometime.

Last edited by Jane; 10-13-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies

I too wanted to welcome you! As Jane has already mentioned.....just give us a holler is you need anything.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and hope that we can make the move a little more comfortable for you.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #10  
Rapid Cart-wheels

S/C/G: 213/200/180

Height: 5'8

Hi. I'm new here. I keep getting lost on these boards. I post then go back to index then can't find where I have been before.
I just want to get into a group & get to know everyone & get to know some people.

I'll leave the bio for another day.

oh, i'm a little odd humored and love to laugh !
Old 10-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #11  
CJ

Welcome Kelton to the TW group! I hope you will like it here and post often so we can get to know you and you us. We are a very small group at the moment so you won't have to remember a lot of us - lol. Remember now, we are in Misc Groups and our thread is Thin Wannabees. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Jane and Marti: Thank you both for the welcome to Misc groups! Right now I feel like I've been stripped of my stripes - lol - but I'm sure I'll get used to the change. It will take a while as I am so used to having our own forum within the 3FC forum but what matters is that we all can still keep in touch.

Kim: Congrats on the new job! Sounds great and sure beats working in a factory! Sorry to hear about the nasty computer virus tho - what a pain. Oh and congrats on losing 2 lbs!!!!

Well, off to bed for me .. I have had my 6-yr old Carley with us for a couple days -- she's a go go girl and surely wears a person out/! I'll check back in tomorrow ...

Love, CJ
Old 10-14-2007, 12:15 AM   #12  

Thank you all for the "Welcome". I know it's been a while and I'm glad that some of the familiar peeps are still here.

I lost another 1.4 pounds this week. Slowly but surely, my weight is going down. I am very proud of myself for not letting my emotions take over my eating this week. Last week, I found two lumps in my right breast. Luckily it was nothing but it was scary and I was preparing myself for the worse case scenario. Usually, I eat everything in sight but, not this week. I was very surprised that I had a loss. This week, I'll be going back to going to the gym 3 days a week.

CJ- I won't be disappearing any time soon. Have you heard from Peggy ( I can't remember her login name, Sugar something I think)? I was thinking of her the other day. I hope she is doing well. You know, you have kept this group going for so long. I'm sure you feel a bit disappointed that it's in the misc. group. All that matters is that we can find it and post. I'm so glad that you got my e-mail with Nico's picture. I wasn't sure it went through as my computer has been acting up.

KimV: Congratulations on the new job and the couple pounds lost! I can't believe your daughter is 8 now. Time sure flies when you have kids.

Sharon- I sent you a pm. I've been going to WW for almost 2 years ( or is it 3?) and I've noticed that I do so much better when I attend the meetings. I always learn something new and I really love my WW leader. I did notice that I did very well in the very beginning when I wrote everything down and worked out a couple times a week. I really should go back to doing that, I'm really slacking on the journaling.

Kelton- Welcome! You are going to love it here. I know it takes a bit of getting used to but, you'll be a pro on the board in no time.

Have a great week ladies! :
Old 10-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #13  
Rapid Cart-wheels

ok I have added to my favorites so if I can't find this group then its just a brain fart... although they do seem to last longer for me than most. but I think I got it now... just don't ask me to go anywhere else on the board

I think I ended up joining a group lastnight called the 30somethings.
I didn't do it on purpose but I'll probably check them out too sometimes.

*warning* I love to chat/post/talk with others.... so fore warning

CJ I tried to Pm you but I didn't have enough posts or something.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:42 PM   #14  

Hi all,

Wow it looks like we are a pretty busy group lately and I love it!

A great big welcome to Kelton So glad you joined our great group. You will love it here and like everyone said you will do great on these boards and before you know it. I am with you on the chatting, I love to post and they are not usually short ones, cause I don't want to leave anyone out and want to personally address everyone, wether they are a newbie or an old hand around here. I just knew you will be a wonderful addition to our group.

Sylvia-Got your PM and you have one back at you girlfriend. Thanks for the PM and I really enjoyed see those pictures of your little cute Nico. Boy you and me are in the same boat on the lack of journaling. I am so bad about that. I do pretty well trying to follow my program and exercising and try to get my water all in, but on the journaling I am bad. CJ knows that, but I am really working on everything. Let's really try to write everything down, even if is only part of the week, that is better than nothing and is a start. I have been going to WW for much longer than you and only about half way to my goal, but won't quite trying and will never give up. We will do this won't we? Get to where we want to be. Oh yes, by the way Peggy's screen name as Sweetooth!

CJ-Hi there my friend, got you email and will answer soon and will shoot one back to you with some Hawaii pictures, (you too Sylvia). Thanks so much. I agree with you about maybe this move being for the best, cause some groups are so big, which is fine, but maybe there may be some who don't want a really big group and would prefer a group with not so many members, so we will do good I can just feel it and we might even grow a bit. You are also right in the fact that as long as we can help each other that is the main thing, we will be here for anyone who wants to join up with a great group of ladies and that is the important thing.

Kim-A great big on your new job, how exciting to be able to have a job that you are not on your feet all the time and having to lift heavy things like you had to do before. You deserve this and much more, you have had a time these last couple of years and I am sooooo happy for you. Wow you are really losing weight, which is a good thing, but I know you are kind of worried, hopefully when you can go to the Dr's when you get on your new health insurance he can check you out and I am sure you will let us know if everything is ok.

Marti-Thanks so much for posting and I am looking forward to getting to know you too. I am sure we will have a great relationship with you and Jane as well.

Jane-My gosh, I am so excited that you will be one of our new moderators too. How fun will this be? Yes, I do remember when we met in Terre Haute for lunch a few years ago, what fun we had. Remember that lady in the department store that we told we had just met and really hit it off? How funny was that? We couldn't stop laughing could we? I miss you girlfriend and yes, we must do this again soon. I am game if you are? Same place maybe? I think we ate at Garfields didn't we? Sounds good to me!

Well everyone, now on to what else is going on. Daughter, Kelly, who is due with baby Brandon tomorrow, Oct 16th just called and said that the Dr wants to start inducing labor tomorrow sometime. So soon I will have another cute little Grandson to join his 6 month old Tyler, Tracy's baby. Gosh this Grandma business is the best isn't it? I can't wait and will keep you all posted when she has the baby. She said she wants to do a girls day out tomorrow and go to lunch and both get a peticure, cause you know everyone will be looking at her feet when she is in the delivery room. LOL I will be in there with her so I am getting excited about when the little guy makes his appearance.

Well might be MIA for a while, but don't worry will come back when I can.

Love you guys, Sharon
Old 10-16-2007, 10:01 AM   #15  
Rapid Cart-wheels

Good Morning all !

Thank you again for the welcome, I appreciate it.

I don't know which two of you met in Terre haute but I used to live about an hour from it in Illinois.

Do you all know where Lawrenceville, Il is ? Or maybe Mt.carmel Il, or maybe Evansville, IL is ?

I had my babies at Lawrenceville hospital. I lived close to Mt carmel & Evansville was an hour away from me too.

I don;t live there anymore but grew up around those parts.
Its always neat to see someone on the boards that says a familiar place.

I like the smaller boards, as long as they aren't real slow. I'm a talker

I haven't got to know each person yet but look forward to it.

I was gonna ask if anyone on here had actually met up in person.

I cheated yesterday & had 2 grilled cheese and 5 sodas.
It was a really stressful & emotionally draining day BUT... i'm gonna have to get over that & stick with things.

I could eat salad for every meal but I don't cause I can't keep enough around I have always been that way but, it has never played a part in my weight.. doesn't help with it but thats ok cause I like it anyway

My meds play a *big* roll in the weight gain BUT.... the last 30 pounds have been all me (hard to finally admit) reality is not always good lol.

I have one beautiful grandbaby & love her more than life its self.
I have 2 grown children and one fantastic hubby of almost 21 yrs.
We started early at the age of 16. So basically we raised each other and our kids too. But thank God it worked out wonderfully.

I don't leave the house much anymore (maybe 3 times a month) because I live in a tiny town & everyone knows me and I have packed on 70 lbs and I just can't take the whispers & talking to my face about it.
I'm so disgusted with my self and ashamed...... but I do have a really nice and big Booty now ! I hate it though... when I stop walking the rest of my body still jiggles for a good 3 minutes and I've gotten more used to that and can place my weight accordingly so I don't wobble over like a weeble.........but the booty has thrown me off more than once and I can't quite get the disportioanl weight down so, I end up rocking back & forth on my feet until the earthquake subsides

any wayyyy....... nuff bout me.... somebody say somethin' cause I'm bored.

ps) I'm down a pound to 198 yay. Its not much but i like it.
Closed Thread