View Poll Results: What's your weakness?
Candy corn 4 44.44%
Black & Orange wrapper peanut butter candy 1 11.11%
Commercial chocolate (Reese's, Hershey's, etc.) 2 22.22%
Hard candies 1 11.11%
Candied apples 1 11.11%
ALL of the above 2 22.22%
None of the above/other (please elaborate!) 2 22.22%
None of the above cuz I have WILLPOWER!! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #16  

Just popping in before we leave!

Suzy, my heart goes out to you sweetie.

Dee and Gayle, look here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124355
Old 10-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #17  

I gave my family CRABS tonight.......lol
Old 10-07-2007, 03:43 AM   #18  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle, my dad's name is Al (Alvin). Yesterday (Saturday) was a bad day for him and mom and I spent most of the day at his bedside. I honestly don't know what is keeping him going. Today (Sunday) is my birthday, so maybe he is hanging on just to get past that? Actually, it was 35 years ago today that my mom came home from work and asked me if I minded if she went out on a date with a nice man who had asked her out for the evening. I was 10 years old and it was the first time my mom ever asked me permission to do anything, so I knew it had to have been important. I don't remember anything else about my birthday that year, I'm sure there must have been a party before my actual birthday, but I can't recall a particular present or special gift...I just remember that was the day that my mom went out with my dad for the first time. Looking back, I guess that was probably one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.

Gayle, my prayers are with your mom! I hope the doctor can figure out the cause for her falls. Lifeline is a wonderful tool...my dad and Tim's aunt both use it and it has come in handy several times. It's well worth the money!

Cheryl, have a wonderful time in Branson with your mom!

Dee, you can give me crabs anytime! YUM!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #19  

Suzy-Happy Birthday! Many, many prayers to you and yours for your dad. I am so sorry I haven't been here sooner to send prayers. May God be with you and yours.

My co-worker's dad was thought to be on his death bed, and he had a complete turnaround and is now in rehab. Prayers do really help.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #20  

Gayle and Suzy may God be with your mom and dad. I believe in prayers.

Thanks Cheryl for letting us know what is going on with the green underline words. I thought that it was kinda strange.

Last edited by Deelite; 10-07-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #21  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZY

You are surely blessed to have been able to have a wonderful relationship with your father.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #22  
Losing it!

Happy birthday Suzy!!! I am a firm believer in that God brings special people into our lives for a reason. You were truly blessed to have a wonderful father over the past 35 years and your dad has been blessed too in having a wonderful daughter like you. He may just be waiting to get through today because it holds such sweet memories. Prayers continue to be sent.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #23  
Janice

Suzy - prayers to you and your family. Happy Belated Birthday.
Gayle - what does your Mom's doctor say is causing her falls?
It is my daughters Birthday today (Tuesday) she is now 27.
She got engaged yesterday. Brian took her on a hike to the spot they went on there first hike ten years ago. He got down on his knee and proposed and then started to cry. Her ring is beautiful.
I ate too much turkey on Thanksgiving so need to get back on track.
Doug and I went to a pumpkinfest and stayed overnight Saturday. It was a very busy weekend.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:33 AM   #24  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

My dad passed away this morning (Tuesday) at 9:00 with my mom by his side. Travis isn't going to be able to come home for the funeral, but we knew that ahead of time. My brother is flying in on Thursday and will arrive just in time for the viewing...which is Thursday 6-8 and the funeral is Friday at 3:00. Thank you all again for all of your prayers and support...I'm not sure I could have made it through this without you!
Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 AM   #25  
Janice

Suzy - I am sorry to hear your Dad passed away. Prayers are sent to you and your family at this very hard time. He is with God now and at peace.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #26  
Losing it!

Oh, Suzy, I am so, so very sorry to hear your father has passed. I agree with Janice, he is at peace now and hopefully the family can find some peace in knowing that. A big hug goes out to you today (I'm sorry I can't be there to give you a real one) Prayers are with you and your family.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #27  

Suzy I am sorry to hear of your lose. My prayers are for you and your family. It is too bad that Travis can't make it back home. Sending my love, prayers and a big hug.

Janice what a wonderful future son in law. He is a romantic. When are they planning on getting married?

Gayle how are the wedding plans coming along? Is it stressful?

Cheryl are you home yet? I hope that you had a awesome time with your mom.

I have to get my eatting under control. I have been the sugar monster the last month. I started to journal again this week. That really helps me. I am feeling better already.

Shelley do you eat all of your exercise points? I count 1 point for 10 minutes of vigorous exercise and 1 point for 20 minutes of moderate. Is that how you do it? The lady at ww's said to me I was lucky that I didn't gain weight doing that. I thought that was the way it was on plan. What do you think?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:44 AM   #28  

Suzy-My heart goes out to you on your dad's passing.

Dee-Yes, I do eat my exercise points, and so do many other people that exercise vigorously. Of course, lately I haven't had any to eat. Some people have to do it to lose weight. I'm surprised your WW leader doesn't know that.

I am so sorry that we are now considered a "misc. club." It's hard to locate us anymore!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #29  
Losing it!

It's official, we have dwindled down to being a misc. club... :-(
I agree Shelley. Sad day here in weightlossville.

Suzy, thoughts and prayers sent today sweetie.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #30  
Janice

Dee- I know what you mean about the sugar monster. I was so good for weeks and then on Thanksgiving I have been eating way too much. Amanda's Birthday Tuesday - of course I had to have cake. I need to clear the sugar out of my system and get back on track.
Not fair that we are now Miscellaneous!
Suzy - prayers to you and your family.
Closed Thread