Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #61  
Countess Walks-on-Water

NICE, 2B!

Anna - I love those shows! Hope it works out for you, and gives you the motivation you want to boot.

Sounds like you're doing good, Flower - here's hoping I can do the same. Usually, I only make it three days on any diet plan, but I still feel good today. DH's birthday is tonight - he wants German chocolate cake, and I'm going to make it, and probably have a little, but NO ice cream. Major trigger food, there.

Waves to everyone else - hope all are well.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:11 PM   #62  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! New to your group but figure it's time to contribute something! I am currently and have been since I started this journey 2 months ago (I Know it states I have been a member forever, but I just happened to have signed up years ago and did nothing with my account) a slim faster. A lot of folks don't like this diet plan, but I do and it works for me. It has definitely changed how I view food and I usually only have 1 Slim fast a day...lots of snacks, and one meal of about 500-600 calories. My daily caloric intake is usually between 1200-1400 calories. I usually snack on high fiber items and you will find out that I am addicted to Fiber One oat n chocolate bars (yummy!)

In either case, I have lost 24.5 lbs to date over 8 weeks and am very proud of myself (I'm sorry, but I tend to gloat too...but am just as good at listening). My goal of 155 is hopefully going to be met by the first week of May...but if it doesn't, I just know how to work harder. I have suffered a couple of plateaus over the course of 2 months, but not more than 10 days at a time and generally my body makes up for it right afterwards....although I am sure the further along I get, the more and longer they will be - boo hoo!

In any case, I hope this is a good introduction to your group and I hope we can all help each other along!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #63  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hi Amanda! We almost moved to Ft Pierce awhile back while hubby still worked for Blue Beacon. We switched jobs and now we are down in coral Springs instead. Congrats on your loss so far!
Old 11-21-2007, 03:21 PM   #64  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Do we no longer start a new thread every week?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #65  
is baaaad to the bone!

Hi Flower - thanks for the compliments! I am down to your weight now! yay! Fort Pierce is a nice place - I was born & raised here...love it...hated it for a few years while I was away in college and starting my real estate career - but much happier here now!

How was everyone's thanksgiving? Mine was good - I had a little bit of everything - but only a little bit - enough to make me feel really full and tired of the salt - gosh - turkey day involves a lot of salt! I baked a cheesecake for my family that was a hit...I didn't taste it though as I knew that I'd much rather have a full plate at dinner and do without dessert...so that is what I did - skipped my own cheesecake, skipped the chocolate pie, skipped the pumpkin pie - and 2 days later I have weight loss to prove it was a good idea! I hope you were all able to stay on track during the holiday - and if not, get back on track this week!

I am 6lbs away from my mini goal for Christmas - I have no doubt (unless something ridiculous occurs in the meantime) that I will reach it! I'm excited for the scale to start with a 19* any day now!

Thank you for all of your support - it really gets me going!

By the way - has anyone tried the Kashi brand of pizza's - I did this past week - I ate 1/2 a pizza (serving size is 1/3 but I can allot myself more because this is my biggest meal of the day) and it is only 434 calories, 13.5 g. fat, 6 g. of fiber, 21 g. protein, but 854 mg. sodium (I allow this because I am very cautious of my sodium thru the day). The meal is extremely filling (I had the 5 cheese tomato) and is really good - not without cheese and flavor - the tomatoes are really flavorfull as are the cheeses. I hate when you buy a frozen "healthy" pizza and they have a sprinkle of cheese - these don't!

In any case, have a wonderful weekend!!!!!!!! Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 11-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #66  
you can call me flower

I made a goal of getting to 189 by Xmas. I also made a goal of walking 30 hours by that time as well. I have gotton 2 of those accomplished. {set the goals yesterday} W/I is on Monday, hoping to be 194.5/195 by then.

Todays plan is to drink as much water is as possible. I had a large breakfast so the lunch and dinenr will be smaller. I gotta say it is almost noon and I am not hungry at all, normally I am starving so I guess the extra points helped some.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good Morning!!
Here's an odd question - am I the only one that's glad the weekend is over? I have such an eaiser time keeping on track during the week! This whole weekend has been full of FOOD!!! I usually keep my cals around 1200 - and I knew that this weekend was a big one w/ Turkey Day, my friend's daughter's b-day and a BeautiControl Spa party... so I've allowed myself to up my cals on "special occasions" to 1800 (still losing about #1/8 a day that way)... but it's SO hard when there's 3 Special Occasions in a row!!! Ugh.

The good news is even on those days my cals were 1543, 1485 and 1320... I'm proud! But I still can't wait to get back into my groove of the work week!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #68  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Gator ! Congrats on your diet success already!! I have thought about Slim Fast but didn't know if I'd like the taste. Should I try one for breakfast and lunch and then a 600 calorie meal like you do for dinner? You are doing awesome! Keep up the good work!!!

Sockmonkey - I was MIA for a few weeks and was surprised to see this is such an old thread! Maybe we should start a new one this coming weekend, our countdown for Christmas!

Flower -- YIPPEE FOR YOU and meeting your goals! That's AWESOME!!! You inspire me to set some walking goals for myself. I have yet to clip on my pedometer. And since DH brought the recumbant bike to our family room, I have not used it. Then again my current "excuse" is having had a horrible cold the last 2 weeks. I didn't eat much over Tgiving -- I ate bad stuff, but if I didn't have this cold I would have had more!

ONE MONTH UNTIL CHRISTMAS GIRLS!!! Keep up all the great work!!!!

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 11-25-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #69  
you can call me flower

Just got done with my hour walk today. I sweated like a pig. So not used to sweating this time of year.

I too will be glad when this weekend is over. The kids need to be back on schedule so I can get back on schedule.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #70  
is baaaad to the bone!

2bthin - thanks! I actually do SF a little differently - one shake in the morning around 8:30am, snack of fiber one bar (yum yum) at 11:30'ish...lunch of 500-600 cals btwn. 1-3pm, snack around 5pm, gym @ 7:30pm, SF shake at aroun 9pm. Some days (like turkey day) I didn't have my lunch and just had another shake around lunchtime, and then have dinner - for me it is very hard to wait until dinner for my meal - I find that if I have my meal at the time I do, it really works for me to stay full. I focus on getting in 100% of my daily rec. allowance of fiber...so good to keep me full! I only drink the rich chocolate royale ultima SF - I prefer a richer/darker chocolate, and I actually put mine in the freezer for an hour before I drink it so it's more like a milkshake - I love the taste as it reminds me of a good chocolate milk - but some people don't at all....probably does take some getting used to - but I think they are excellent and really do keep me full!

Exercise - I go to the gym for about 90-120 mins. Mon-Fri - once in awhile on the weekends. I usually take one day off on the weekends from exercise and spend the other day doing a couple miles at the track near my home. Exercise is definitely key to my weight loss - I also find that I enjoy it more and more every week.

I weighed in at 200.5lbs. yesterday morning - woo hoo! I cannot wait for the scale to read one hundred something....it is so close I can taste it! Only 5.5lbs to lose to reach my Christmas goal - hopefully I can lose more than that and say my first mini-goal was a huge success! I wish you all the same - talk to you soon!!! Have a great rest of your Sunday!
Amanda
Old 11-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #71  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

I am going to have to pick up some of those slim fast shakes. I worship chocolate.
Hopefully our life can get back on schedule tomorrow. I am hoping I will be over this cold in the next few days.
All the holiday decor is out and the house is almost clean.
The last couple of days I've read so many "MINI" goals and have heard great success stories. What is that quote,....if I had started my diet when I first started talking about it, I would have met my goal by now?

Our kids are having their bday parties in March and how I would love for people to see some significant weight loss. I would also LOVE to surprise my husband with a weekend get away to Vegas or something. But not until I've lost a signficant amount. Heck, I can't even reach ONEderland!!!

Anyway - Here is to a good week for everyone!

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 11-25-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 AM   #72  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi everyone - it sounds like folks did pretty well over the holiday! I can't brag - all the desserts did get to me a little, with DH's birthday in the same week. But my mom was good enough to make the pumpkin pie with Splenda. So I don't feel too bad, there. There's a third of DH's cake left - that'll hit the trash today. He wouldn't let me throw it away over the weekend, but he says he doesn't want to eat it, either.

My goal for the week is to eat 10 superfoods per day (out of 14) and workout five days. Enygirl - I do SO much better during the week, in many ways. I can't even keep the house straightened with DH and my daughter home all day - and after a long weekend, it's a disaster. I want to decorate next weekend too, so there's a lot to get done.

My shoulders and triceps are sore from yesterday's workout - I LOVE that feeling! Have a good Monday, everyone.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #73  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! Just checking in here. I did NOT do well over the holidays. I didn't do horribly, but not well, either. I'm afraid to step on the scale. Fortunately it's TOM so I'll put off the scale for a bit and hopefully get back on track this week. I had Wednesday-Sunday off from work and tried to stay busy so I wouldn't sit around and eat. I did OK at Thanksgiving, but the holiday baking is killing me. Why I felt the need to bake 75 sugar cookies for Christmas is beyond me. Fortunately I've only eaten about 3 of them and froze the rest. Then I got a new tart pan and of course had to bake a pear tart on Saturday as well. I suppose cake or pie is worse, but it'd be better altogether if I did not bake anything at all!!!

Welcome to the new members!!! As far as starting a new thread, we could definitely do so! Nobody was posting on the weekly threads so we just decided to stick with this thread. As far as a Christmas goal goes, I am SURE I gained a few lbs. so I probably need to lose about 10 lbs before Christmas. Lofty goal? If I really worked at it, I know I could do it. That means getting to the gym on a regular basis for me.

I'll go ahead and make a Christmas thread now...how does that sound? Here's to getting back on track after stuffing ourselves all weekend!

Edit: Follow us to the new thread! That 70s show - Christmas Edition!

Last edited by 2Fat4myJeans; 11-26-2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added url
Old 11-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #74  

Height: 5'-2"

Closing your thread, ladies!
Closed Thread