Old 09-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #16  

Good morning gals! Well, Fortune is home. He has colitis and the vet is thinking it is probably from the neighbors tossing something over the fence that I didn't catch and he ate. He is on a pill med at night to help his tummy and intestines, sort of like doggy Pepto Bismol, and on canned food. I am going to be switching him to canned food as it will go through his system a bit better they seem to think. Poor little guy had to stay all day. They took me into an exam room to wait and when the dr opened the door he said Fortune had run away to his house! He said did I know he was the absolute favorite animal they ever had in the clinic? He said there is not one person here who wouldn't adopt your dog in a minute. He said he is the sweetest thing we have ever seen. He gushes about him everytime I bring him in. It is true. Fortune is a most unusual dog. He rarely barks, won't snap or bite at you no matter what you do to him, and it totally sweet tempered. Anyway, he is no longer vomiting and his stools are firming up so he is on the mend.

Jean: I know you have to be getting excited about going to Maui again. Did you say you go in February? I think we are going to Vegas a week and a half before Christmas next year and we are going to drive and take several days out and back. I told Jack to remember we will be driving through some parts of the country that could be hazardous weather wise, Amarillo, Gallup NM for two, but he said he knows and wants to drive anyway. I am currently looking forward to drivinig up to Indiana next month to see Jackson. I hope they let me babysit for them while they work so I can start to get to know him and vice versa.

I guess I better get going as I want to get the downstairs cleaned this morning and get Jay's hat finished up if I can. I went and got the organza for Kel's sweater yesterday and got a real deal. I got two rolls of 10 yards each for the price of one. I went with a lavender and a dark royal. They look great with the sweater (I took it with to match colors) and this way she will have a light and a dark color to wear with it. I have all the snaps sewn on and such and all it needs is to be wrapped now.

Have a great weekend. I slept well so I am all chipper and feeling well this morning.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #17  

Good Evening, Flowers! We are home from the retirement party . . . we stayed longer than we intended to by a couple of hours. There were several couples from here and we had a "Methodist reunion." It was nice to sit and visit with them. As usual I napped on the way home, but I am tired and am heading to bed soon.

"Gma" -- I'm glad that Fortune is on the mend! If he eats canned food will you have to have his teeth cleaned? Leonard wouldn't eat dry food and his teeth looked like he smoked! Yes, February 16 is Maui time! Amanda's mom stopped by today and left the plane tickets. I hope you don't have bad weather (snow!) for your trip to Indiana. Anything is possible after October 1! I got started on my cleaning today but it seemed like I did two steps forward and one backward all morning! Every time I would go to a different room I would see something else that needed attention. I wish I could get it ALL done at one time! I dream alot too!

I am off to bed! Have a relaxing Sunday, Flowers! I wonder where Maggie and Will are?

Jean -- in Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:29 AM   #18  

Good morning al! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend. I am going to clean the downstairs I didn't get to yesterday. We have moved B's stuff including his litter box upstairs into Jack's office so I can close him off for an hour or so and get him to start eating first thing in the morning then pick it up. I also feed Fortune at that time. He is feeling back to his old self, being all clingy, as usual!

I am done with Jay's hat. I had a darned of a time finishing the letter "B" in CUBS. It just would not stitching up corrently. I know now why I quit doing cross-stitch! Anyway, I included a pic with the scarf I made for him. I think they turned out ok.

I bought the cutest thing for Jackson for Halloween. I am including a picture. They are going to dress him up as Yoda, but I thought Halloween day he could wear this. It is Carter's so it is good quality though like Jack said, as fast as he is growing he will be able to put it on long enough for a picture before he outgrows it!

Jean: I have tooth wash I am supposed to use on Fortune's teeth anyway so I am going to have to do it on a more regular basis. He should have his teeth cleaned every year anyway, even if it is expensive. I probably wouldn't go to their house if it is snowing. If I get up there and it snows and is nasty before I come home, I will probably leave early if they expect accumulation. I don't mind driving in wet weather, but icy conditions by myself for that distance could be a nightmare. It is still pretty hot up there so I am hoping the temps won't get radical until after I come back home. I too think of Maggie often. Sure do miss her being here. I know she loves it, but I would hate that nomadic lifestyle I just know it.

I guess this isn't getting housework started. I have fed Fortune and that is out of the way and closed up B so he could eat for awhile so I need to get cracking on the morning chores and then the cleaning. Have a good one!

Last edited by gma22; 01-28-2008 at 06:16 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote