Old 09-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

HEY There Missouri Girls!

What a gorgeous day! It's only 62 degrees here and our dogwood tree is turning! Yayyyyyyyyyyy!! I LOVE Fall! Do all of you too?

Denise: My dad, who will be 90 in November, and is my HERO, used to tell me ALL the time growing up - Lori, you can eat anything you want in small doses. The key is MODERATION. Well, I've never been moderate in anything in my life! My poor dad! He probably wonders where he went wrong!

Anyway, having said all that, this is the FIRST time I've ever tried to lose weight on my own just counting calories. I've done WW a million times, LAWL, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem and a ton others, but this time I decided to save $$$ and just count calories! I eat mostly whole foods, whole grains, fresh fruit and veggies, etc. But, recent studies have shown the chocolate IS good for the heart. Not tons of it, my dad would say, but a small/moderate amount. I go to the Whole Foods Market in Brentwood and they have tons of dark chocolate that is a certain percentage of cocoa which is supposed to be better for you - Anyway, yes, that what I like about the calorie counting - just figure it in!

Hi Karen: Great that you survived Wal-Mart! My son worked there for a couple of years so it can't be too bad! He is 21 and VERY spoiled, so if he stuck it out it had to be an okay place to work!

Well, I haven't weighed in awhile and I got on the scale this a.m.! I was down 13 pounds! I was SO excited! I've put my ticker up finally!

Well ladies, have a GREAT rest of the weekend in this beautiful part of the country!
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #32  

Height: 5"10"

Hey ladies! I ran across the new 3 musketeers bar. Its called 3 Musketeers Mint with dark chocolate. Oh its Yummy! Not that bad for you either. Only 5 grams of fat for the whole bar. It makes for a lovely snack when u need a chocolate fix. I was going to go walking tonight at the mall but I am really wiped out. I think its the weather. Talk to u all later, take care!

Sugar C. > Denise
sugarcookie53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #33  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

My DH leaves the day after tomorrow for bootcamp. I am going to miss him so much! But, heh this is the best time for me to get going on getting healthy. My number 1 enabler is leaving! No one to send to the store at midnight for a pint of ice cream! Plus I can't go myself, I would never ever drag my girls from bed to go to the store for something like ice cream!

On another note, I watched the marathon of Brookehaven today. Brookehaven is the clinic for morbidly obese, the average weight is 500 pounds, I think. Some are as large as 700 or even 900 pounds!

That show put me into a place I needed to be. I am already ready to change my life and get healthy. But that show proved to me that I need to find out why I am eating so much. So, I am going back into therapy. Yes, back into therapy. I used to be in therapy after my son died and I had spent time on Suicide watch. Now, I need to go to find out why I am eating myself to death. I honestly believe that if I don't get this under control I am going to be that fat and I am going to die and not see my girls grow up or be able to grow old with the love of my life.

I am NOT going on a diet, I am CHANGING my life!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #34  

Kati, Hey I know its hard to send your husband off to the service. Just lean on us and you will be fine. That's what we are here for. I went to the mall and walked a mile. I would have walked longer but the mall closes early on Sundays, and I forgot about that. Take care ladies! Kati keep your head held high, and goals insight.

Sugar C. > Denise
Old 09-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone,
Lori, on 13 pounds gone!!! That is great! I decided not to go ahead and work right now. After I went to bed on Friday night I laid awake until 4:00 am and just thought of so many different things and decided that I just didn't want to add any extra stress right now. Still working hard and trying to get the house and the 5th wheel RV sold and talking to family everyday just makes me want to get back there even more. My Dad is 87 and had quadruple by pass a year ago and his memory is starting to fade. Everytime I talk to him he asks where I am and if I have sold anything. Another reason I decided not to work right now is that the store is about 25 miles from home and when the snow starts flying I sure don't want that drive.

Denise, You are right I am defintiely ready to move back there YESTERDAY!!! My sister has not been well and she is the one who was taking care of my Dad. Now she is at Mayo's for the next month which leaves things to my brothers. I did tell them if they needed me to come back now that I would but they are doing OK so far.

Kati, Remember to come here often and we will be there to help in anyway that we can. Keep your chin up and Keep Smiling!!

Sunshine, Skittlez and FrouFrou A great big Hello to you.

Everybody have a great evening! See you tomorrow!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #36  

Hey Ladies,

Havent seen many posts here in a couple of days. I have been very busy working myself. But hey I stepped on the scale this morning and I hate the dial scales but according to that I have lost around 5 pounds. The dial is very hard for me to read. I should have gotten a calculated one. Hey I wonder how accurate those scales are at the mall? Gotta head out ladies..Keep posting!

Sugar C. > Denise
Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #37  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

Hey ladies,

My DH left for bootcamp yesterday. Our phone call last night, one of our very few phone calls, was cut short 30 seconds in because my phone went out. It didn't come back until this morning.

If his toe passed (slight infection from ingrown nail) then I won't see the love of my life until February. I am relieved that he is finally getting on with it, but I feel terribly lonely without him.

On the upside, I cleaned both bedrooms, the hall and the bathroom yesterday and I am sure that I kept my heartrate at a high enough level that it could have been considered a cardio work out. Today I am doing the living rom and kitchen.

(I am not mentioning the garage because if I don't then thatmeans it isn't really there.)

Hope you ladies have a fabulous day!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #38  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

What? Did I kil lthe thread, come on ladies what you up to today?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #39  

Hey everybody,
Things have just been busy here. Still trying to get things going on the house. It seems like we have 2 different people interested but so far nothing definite. I'll be so happy when it sells and we can get moved and get back to a normal life again.

Hi Kati, How are you doing? Sure hope things are OK for you. I'm sure you will be able to find things to keep you busy and also be sure to come here and let us know how you are.

Hello to Everyone and I'll try to get back here tomorrow to post personals. Take care..
Old 09-20-2007, 11:10 PM   #40  

Good Evening Ladies, Its good to see activity again!

Karen> Dont give up on your house I am sure that it will go your way. We are trying to get a mortgage on our home and having a time with it, so I can relate.

Kati> No you didnt kill the thread! I think we have been really busy. I check the thread at least three times a day for new posts. Take care of yourself, and I will talk to you all soon

Sugar C.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #41  

Hey All,

Well tomorrow is weigh in day! I know that I have lost weight because I can see it in my face and my pants are really baggy, and I fit into my other jeans the other day. I have not had them on since last Feb. I will have to wait and see. Wish me luck ladies. Let's keep posting. I miss reading the new entries.

Sugar C. > Denise

Last edited by sugarcookie53201; 09-22-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #42  

Hello Ladies!! Sure hope everyone is doing fine.

Denise, on your weigh in tomorrow!! It does feel good when clothes start fitting better. I know I went 4 weeks with being at 156 and last week I went to 155. Of course I stayed there this week but it is still coming off.

Hi Kati, How are you doing? Be sure to keep in touch with us and let us know.

We had a lady call this afternoon on the house and she wants to come on Monday afternoon to see it. So keep your !! She said her hubby won't be home until Sunday night so that is why they want to be here Monday.

We also showed the 5th wheel to a couple this afternoon but who knows what they are going to do. They took a lot of information down but you can never tell.

Lori, Hello and how are you? I'll bet you are really enjoying your kids! We only had 2 but I have 2 brothers and one sister. But we were all 5 years apart so it was like we really never had anything to share until after we had grown up some.

Hey Sunshine!! How are you? Haven't heard from you in awhile.

Well, girls, guess I'll go for now. Sure hope we can all get together once I get moved back there. I think that would be fun!

Take care!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #43  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

Hiya Showmeskinnies!!!! OKay things went better for me today. I made a pot roast, but used tofu instead of beef. I made it just like I would if I had used beef. The veggies were great but the tofu gagged me. Oh well, I have eaten tofu before and liked it. I wonder if I let this set in the fridge a bit to long and it started going bad, or perhaps since I cooke dit whole it didn't pick up the flavors of the spices and stuff.

I stilk ate more than I should have, but not nearly as much as I did yesterday. Also MY HOUSE IS CLEAN, finally! I need to take garbage out and finish laundry but that is it. No more spending the entire day cleaning. YAY.

I am working solidly on my novel now and that is helping the old moral a bunch. I do need to know if anyone is interested in a child, I have a couple and well... teehee
Old 09-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #44  

Good Evening Ladies,

Well I have good news..if this scale is acurate and I believe that it is, then I am about 12 pounds lighters YAY!! I am doing it. I am trying to get my daily allowance for calories but I find myself going way under, thing is is that i am ful and dont want to eat anymore at the end of the day. I guess that is a good thing???
I am finding creative ways to still have the foods I like but without all the calories and fat. I was sitting here the other night just looking at some of the things that I have been putting in my mouth and its no wonder that I am the size that I need to be. Still looking for a way to have some chocolate though. I got the Snack Well Cookies even though they are fat free there are 50 calories a cookie and I always want more! What to do to get my Choco fix? Any suggestions ladies I am way open here!
I went to the store and picked up a ten pound bag of potatoes and was totally shocked. Its amazing how much better you feel even with just that gone! Well need to head off and think of something for dinner. Hubby is working late tonight 5-11 and he takes something with him or snacks when he comes home. Take care all!

Sugar C. > Denise
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #45  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

Goodmorning Ladies!

Yesterday I screwed up at the end, as is normal for me. But I did start my yoga and let me tell ya, it is not for the faint of heart, I was stretched into a knot lol.

Maybe today will be better. *sigh*