Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #31  
Crawling

S/C/G: 227/160

Couldn't get to this thread. Wasn't in my subscribed threads for some reason. Confused by that.

Didn't eat after 8pm last night and I drank all my water. Today in lieu of a 30 minute walk, I HAVE to push mow. I've not been able to do it due to rain/drizzle and today should looks pretty clear.

If I'm not back today (errands day), I'll update tomorrow. Hope you're doing well, Quiet!
CrawlWalkRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #32  
Crawling

Uh oh, hope I'm not alone again. I was kind of bummed. I weighed in today and haven't lost a pound. I would have thought drinking water, not eating at night, and exercising would have at least had some affect on my weight. Really bums me out.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I haven't been doing very well with my goals the past couple of days. which sucks...but I don't have much of a reason. Going to try and get back on track tomorrow.

Sorry that things aren't going as well as you'd hoped. Don't give up though!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #34  
Crawling

I'm not giving up. Yesterday I did the 6 waters, but since it was a weekend, my cut off eating time was 9pm. In lieu of walking, I gardened (cleaned up for fall) for an hour. I'll be mowing today.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #35  
Crawling

Quiet, I hope I'm not losing you too. I did mow today and take care of the weeds. It was a long, hard job! Not eating after 8.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #36  

I'm in limbo. Finding it hard to find motivation (if only I could wish myself thin).

I don't have many friends where I am right now, and it just makes me feel bad. I work most days, and then I just run a few errands before going home. Boring. and it makes me have pity parties.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #37  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm Back!!

Hi to both of you!

First of all, let me apologise for abandoning you! The past week has not been a good one for me. My son (my first born, my little boy, my baby ...) has gone off to university in the UK (we live in Hong Kong) ... it's been so stressful for me (not him!) and very emotional (again, not for him!), that I simply haven't been able to focus on anything else other than making sure that he had got everything he needed, bank accounts set up in the UK, forms to be completed etc. My hubby has taken him back as I work in a school and taking time off during term-time is very difficult, especially when the term has only just started, and I also have a younger daughter so it would have been too difficult for me to go (hubby works long hours!). Consequently, I'm also feeling guilty for not going with him, although it's probably for the best that my hubby took him because I know I would have been an emotional wreck when it came to leaving him there!! I was in floods of tears when they left on Wednesday morning ... and have been very tearful ever since!

Anyway, the good news is that hubby dropped him off at the university campus yesterday and all is well ... my son called me today when I got home from work ... it was only 7am in the UK, very unusual for him to be awake at that time ... especially with it being freshers week ... he and his flat mates had a late night out last night by all accounts ... and they had a fire alarm drill at 7am this morning!! ... They were all out in the cold in their underwear!! That'll teach them! I feel a lot happier now after talking with him ... he's seems to be happy and has already made friends with many of the other students so I think he's going to have a great time ... I just hope he realises that he has to do some work as well as enjoy himself!!

So, I'm back and I'm here to stay ... promise.

Managed to stay pretty much on track ... although I must confess to having had a few glasses of wine over the past week ... just to calm my nerves you understand! I hope this little discrepancy can be overlooked under the circumstances

Good to see that you are both still here. Bee ~ you're doing great! QB ~ keep at it, you can do it!

See you both again tomorrow.

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 09-17-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #38  
Crawling

I understand that, Quiet. I have a family, but they offer no help for my weight loss and they're all extremely thin. I started this thread for company on the journey. I know you probably hate hearing this, but your weight isn't fat at all. I'm only 5'3". I'd love to be your size! Either way, even if you're not doing a thing, make sure to check-in. I think it'll help you in the long wrong to keep some focus on what you want and why you want it. I'm sure your situation will change. The more you concentrate on positive changes, the more positive people you'll bring to yourself.

Nichola, it's so good too see you here again. I have a son and daughter as well. My daughter is 4 years off from going away to school and I believe I'll be as wreck as well. That's just because you're a caring mother. I'm glad all worked out for the best and that you've come back to us. Have you always been a resident of Hong Kong? Sounds much more exciting than NY in the US.

I did my 30 minute walk this morning. It was a little over 40 degrees out. Brrr. I was the only person on the bike path, which was a definite plus, but wow ... hope it doesn't get much colder.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #39  

Hi Bee ~ It's good to be back!

I tell you, as a mother, finally 'letting go' is the most awful thing ... and I've got to do it all again in 3 years time when my daughter goes to uni!

We've been in Hong Kong for almost 7 years due to hubby's job. Prior to that we did a 3 year stint in Brunei (tiny country on the tip of Borneo in South East Asia). From there, we returned to the UK for 2 years, but we couldn't settle back there, we had 'itchy feet' ... which brought us out to HK ... I think we're probably destined to be lifetime expats! We still have a home in the UK but only return for holidays to see family/friends about once a year. We've always got lots of family & friends coming out to visit us here so I never really feel homesick.

So, you're in NY ... one of my best friends here in HK is actually from NY ... she's been here for about 12 years now. I doubt HK is more exciting that NY ... just different. So, it's only 40 degrees there now? I can't wait for the cooler weather ... it's still around 90 degrees here in HK and the humidity is still unbearable ... I hate it!! I can't wait for the cooler months ... I might actually feel like getting out there and doing something then!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #40  

Welcome back Nichola! we've missed you!

Crawl I completely understand about the family. My mom has always been a very petite woman, and my dad can stop eating dessert for a week and lose any extra pounds he put on (he's been the same weight since college). My younger brother is very very athletic, and I've just never really been into sports. I've also tended to be more curvy growing up. I don't ever remember being stick thin. It just gets frustrating at times. My sister struggles with her weight too, so sometimes I can moan to her about my issues....but I don't want to bother her too much because she has things going on in her life too.

I know they have good intentions, but for a while my parents were constantly on me about my weight. They aren't as much lately, which is nice. All their criticism just made me want to eat more. I didn't want to lose weight and have them think that by saying rude comments or nagging me that they'd 'encouraged' me to finally lose it.

Ah well. Here's to hoping I can get myself back on track.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #41  

Hi There,

I know exactly what you mean about family support. Years ago when I lived back home, I had my mum for support, we both had a weight problem so we used to encourage each other and go along to our local slimming club together ... it was much easier to lose weight with her support. But now, I don't tend to get any ... the kids are always joking about my, errr ... being overweight ... and my husband who has never had a weight problem in his life, doesn't really understand. He says he'll support me, and gives a few encouraging words, but as soon as I slip up, instead of trying to motivate me to carry on, he criticises me for having no self control ... he says it should be easy if it's something that I really want to do ... it's really annoying and just has the opposite effect on me ... he thinks he's helping me!!

Anyway, I'll keep at it for as long as it takes ... you're only a failure if you give up completely and don't keep trying ... one day I will succeed!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #42  
Crawling

I'm always surprised when I find out someone is in a similar situation to mine. I always feel like an alien with a bone thin daughter, son, and husband.

My husband can say the dumbest things about obese people or even overweight people. Just really hurtful things. It doesn't motivate me at all. It makes me want to rebel and eat cupcakes. lol

I didn't eat after 8pm last night and I drank my water. Today I put off my morning walk, but will do it later. It's just a bit too cold for my blood so I'll wait for it to warm up a bit.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #43  

I wish it was colder here! We're still up in the 90's most of the day. It might cool down some towards the end of next month if I'm lucky.

Not sure if I'll be able to swim today because we put some chemicals in the pool this morning. To be honest, I've got my monthly visitor (haha sorry, too much info?) so I'd rather sit around in PJ's and eat chocolate. :-P
Old 09-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #44  
Crawling

I'll be getting a visit from Aunt Flo today or tomorrow. I'm already late. My cravings go nuts at this time. Salt and sweet. My brain is just focused on those.

I didn't walk again this morning. I need to stop this behavior. I have a treadmill so am just making excuses and I don't like it.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #45  
Crawling

Still here. Not doing so great, but wanted to make sure to show up.