Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday, Labor Day, Ladies!

MARTI...just our neighborhood (subdivisions) pool. They are closing it for the season. It's an outdoor pool and not heated so they are basically winterizing it. Believe me...it may be warm out but when the temps get down in the 60's like it has the last few days...that water is coooooold! Wish it was heated, that would be nice. So did you get something nice for yourself when you went shopping?

JANE...lots of BD's. I would say, you got quite the workout doing your bedroom. Glad to hear Jackson is better.

SUSAN...right back atcha missy...you are my biggest fan, my inpsiration. One day I am going to try some feta cheese. I don't think I have ever had any.

PINKJANE...your vacation will be here before you know it.

SUE...good job on the biking and walking. HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY to your DH! Hope you guys had a nice day.

MINDEE...glad to hear Marissa is better. Hope you guys enjoyed your weekend.

HI to everyone else

For some reason I thought I had posted Saturday...losing my mind. Not such a great weekend anyway. Went for my walk Saturday morning...had to force myself out of bed. Came home and instead of doing my WATP I went to bed and slept most of the morning. I think it was noon when I got up, lol. Just felt run down. Of course I think it's just a virus or something because yesterday I got up, ate breakfast and before I finished it all came back up, ugh. Slept most of the day yesterday as well. Feeling a little better today...stomache feels a little weird though. But...I did get my 3 miles in this morning. Will do the WATP once I get off the computer. And...I am happy to say...all my hard work is finally paying off. I am down 3 pounds this week! Woohoo! You don't know how happy I am about that...didn't think the scales were ever going to move!

Better get going...gotta go supervise V...he's painting our bedroom today, a sage color. I thought it might be a little on the lighter side but I think it is something I can live with for a while. I've got to do my WATP also, and laundry...always with the laundry eh?

Have a good day all!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Cristina...I am trying to keep up with the biking and it feels pretty good. I managed 125 miles in Aug. even with the bruised heel and time off for the heat. Now if I can get the eating under control again. Good luck with the painting. Way to go on the loss. I knew it would happen!! Yay!

Jane- Your bedroom sounds great and yes, lots of exercise moving that. I am not a big drinker, but occasionally like a margarita and Applebee's are the best. They are not the frozen kind however, but on the rocks.

Marti- Hope you found some good buys. The end of summer sales are here, and I am going to look for the bicycle. Good luck with the garden weeds. I truly do not miss having a big vegetable garden, but sure miss the vegetables. Jane recommends Preen and we used a product called Treflen. Keeps the weeds under control.

Mindee- Hop it was a really nice week-end for your family. Lots of walking?

Pink Jane- Count down to vacation...hope you have a fun time.

Susan- Hi...good to see you here. Trust Jane, baby swiss is wonderful. Yum.

I didn't lose today, but didn't think I would. Had a big eating week...dumb me. Baking cookies was not a good idea, but I left the rest at the reunion and told the ones with kids to take what was left. Today I am back on the wagon...only good snacks and small meals. It worked before.
Rode the bike already this morning...and even though it is squeaky it is working. Oiling didn't help as the problem is in the mechanism (ball bearings?) Also have been walking the dog twice a day and will start WATP again.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies

Thought I would check in since the boy is at work and the comp is free...had some excitement yesterday, the boy had his first experience with getting drunk, needless to say I had a good laugh at his expense, he spent 2 hours hurling before he finally was able to stop, after round 1 I asked him how much he had to drink, 8 tall rum and cokes, I think I might have had 8 drinks in my whole life and I'm 49 LOL, after round 5 I got him to eat some dry toast then he finally slept most of the day away LOL, I asked him when he finally woke up if it was worth it and he said not at all and never again LOL, I told him a person has to learn either the smart way or the dumb way he just picked the wrong one LOL...Hubby is just outside of Philly, said he got the last empty spot at the truck stop so he is stopped until 4 am then he's off to deliver in Jersey and we shall see how quick they get him moving in this direction, if it's like every other year he'll end up sitting LOL and then he'll start B_tching, usually they get him home the evening before we leave with just enough time to do his laundry and pack, this year he told them we have an early flight on Thursday LOL so we'll see if that gets his dispatcher moving...well I am off to do some exercize Have a Good Day All.

Mindee - Thanks, I always take mass amounts of pics and this year especially with our daughter going she hasn't been to a Disney park since she was 10 so it will all be new to her.

Marti - I love going in Sept, the parks are so empty you can just walk on to the rides, the only line we saw last year was for Peter Pan they actually had the fast pass running for it LOL

Jane - OMG I know I can't hardly wait, I keep thinking this time next week I will be at MGM and probably on my 5th ride of the Tower of Terror LOL, Oh to be sure there will lots of postcards LOL

Cristina - Congrats on the 3 lbs and I hope your feeling better.

Sue - Thanks I know we will, it's Disney how could it not be fun LOL, everytime my treadmill clanks I think of your bike squeeking LOL, at least they are still working (fingers crossed) LOL

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 6 days away!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Susan - I love feta cheese, too, in a salad with greens and peach slices. Mmmm. Was it you or Jules that had the avatar of a big feta cheese wedge?

Cristina - woohoo for the 3#s down, missy! Glad your tummy is feeling better. Btw, join the club - I'm losing my mind too, lol.

Sue - maybe you'll be able to get a bike on sale, since it's the end of the season. We do love a good sale, right?

PJ - yay for the Tower of Terror! Neal's too big of a chicken to do it again, but I love it! Well, the total darkness through the "halls" scares the willies outta me, but I do love the rest of it. Most people are so afraid of the drops, and it's the darkness that gets me, lol. Just a tip, you could print address labels for the postcards before you go - that sure saves time later. I forget which resort you're staying in?

Hi to everyone else.

I've had the best day! Maggie's surprise party was lots of fun, since so many family members were there. Some of my nieces and nephews that I don't get to see very often made it, so that was cool. The weather was warm, but very little humidity, so we sat outdoors and let all the little kids run and play.

Hope your day was a good one, too.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #35  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Smile Hi Ya LAdies!!

Hi Ya Ladies

I sure hope you all are doing well! Me? I'm here. lol. Nothing much going on except for work and um more work. lol BUT our vacation is the end of this month & so is our anniversary and my bday so I'm quite excited about that! (except possibly for the bday - lol) Knowing our vacation is coming up is the only thing that keeps me going really! lol.

We are going to TN (hopefully if we ever decide on a place to stay!!) lol. and just "getting away from it all" I do not want any phones that is for sure! (I work in a call center)

Well won't keep ya long just wanted to stop in and say hi and I hope you all had a very Happy Labor Day!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:56 AM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....this past weekend was a blast! We went to the campground on Saturday and Sunday! Saturday, I would have to say, that we must have walked a good 4 hours of the time that we were up there. Sunday, was a different story! We were up there for about 13 hours, and I would have to say that we walked about 11 1/2 or 12 of those hours! They did closing ceremonies on Sunday night, and Tommy was a torch bearer. I strapped Marissa into the snuggly and pushed the boys in the double stroller while doing the torch bearing with Tommy! It was a lot of fun! We even decided after seeing Brandon and Logan in the lake, that in the spring time we are going to get a membership. We think that it won't be fair to the kids that since grandma and grandpa are done camping that we should stop taking them up there.

Marti~ I will most definitely let you all know how the casserole goes!

Jane~ We figured that we would try things once, and if they don't like it, then we will substitute something else next time. Once I get done with this "class" I will get a cook book, which I am really looking forward to!

Cristina~ I hope you are feeling better today! That is how I felt a couple weeks ago. Great job on the 3 pounds!!

Sue~ Yup.....we did a ton of walking! I am so wanting to walk now. Which is what I have been wanting to do, but couldn't really get motivated to do so. I am thinking of having Tommy leave me the stroller on Tuesday night, and I will take the kids for a walk while he is at Lodge.

PJ~ I am the same way! Especially if we are going somewhere that the kids, or me and Tommy for that matter, haven't been before! We took a ton of pictures up at the campground this past weekend. The boys went into the lake for the first time....I will post a pic as my avatar here in a second.

Sassy~ It is great to hear from you! Good luck with finding a place to stay!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #37  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies...

Just a quicky this morning since I need to get moving and get to work. Put in almost a full day at work yesterday.....not what I intended but time just went by when the phones aren't ringing! What a way to spend a day off!

Ok...I'll catch up later.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Fly-by here, too, just to tell you ladies hello. I've got some errands to run, and some computer googling to do for my sister. Mary's having us over for supper tonight, so "woo-hoo" I don't have to cook. Well, except that I'm taking a lightened version of apple crisp. I'm making it in the crock pot and hope it turns out.

Toodles for now!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #39  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick hello ladies....Only rode 3 miles tonight. Not such a good day for me. I did manage to go get a hair cut, very short. Tired of messing with it.

Mom sees the surgeon tomorrow and I am already upset. I don't know what we will find out. *fingers crossed*

Hoping to go shopping for that sale Thurs!

Keep up the good work friends.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:51 AM   #40  

just a quick fly by from me as well! I just wanted to let you all know that Tommy talked to the office manager and the guys are coming on Saturday to fix the shower. Since they didn't work on Monday because of the holiday, they are going to spend all day on it on Saturday. (So we are taking the kids to a fair type thing to get an updated child identification thingy done.)

The office manager also wrote up a thing to talk to the owner about knocking down the wall between our apartment and the one right next to it, to make this a four bedroom unit. The office manager said that they shouldn't charge us more then $750 a month for rent. She told Tommy not to tell me about it....so who knows what may come out of it! I know that she doesn't want us to move out since we are one of the tenants that she likes. IF they do knock down the wall, then we will have the biggest unit in the complex. They have three bedroom units, that go for $900 a month. So, on one hand I am excited about it, but on the other hand I believe that the owner won't go for it.

so maybe if we all just say some prayers, it might happen! (we love it out here and really don't want to move, so it would be ideal for us)
Old 09-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #41  

Height: 5'1"

Morning.....

I have half an hour before I should be walking out the door so this is yet another quicky.

I got my 2mile walk in this morning. I usually just wake up on my own and get ready for the day but I'm setting the alarm just so I can fit in my walks. Just GOTTA do it!!

I would like to lose 3lbs this month. Need to make small goals, and 3lbs sounds ok right now. More is always a bonus.

Ok......must get going, still need coffee!!

Have a great day!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #42  
I work with germs!!

Happy Hump Day Ladies!!

Just a quickie here. Had a nice holiday weekend. Went to a cookout on Saturday that was fabulous and it went on till after dark. Sunday and Monday just stayed home and studied. I've got a Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) recertification course that I've got to take on the 19th and it's a ton of work. The material they cover and expect you to remember is advanced as med school. We take the class with paramedics and pediatricians but they will test us all the same. After a brief lecture, they put us in scenerio's and see what your response is. For instance, you will be presented with a deydrated baby with respiratory distress and then the baby goes limp. You have to diagnose, give your first response, know what type of IV fluid to give, how much, what drugs to give if the baby stops breathing and know how to deligate to other responders on what to do. Geeze, Louise...I'm not a doc!! But then again, I've passed this course 6 times before (I just had to count the years and can't believe that I've been taking this course every other year for the past 12 yrs) so I should do OK, but it still is stressful. I feel like every free moment has to be reading the manual or practicing scenerio's on the computer. I've gotta work the next two days, then going to the Maryland Seafood Festival for a few hours on Saturday with my sis. Of course the rest of the weekend will be studying. I'll try to catch up reading post and do some individuals this weekend. Take care everyone, I'm thinking about ya'll!!
Old 09-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #43  

Marti~ That is great about getting your walks in! And the 3 lbs for the month is very reasonable, and I know that you can do it!

Tammy~ Good luck with the course! It sounds like you have a great handle on every thing!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Mindee - the company that I ordered the recipe box from emailed me again with another backorder notice, so I cancelled the order for that. They said the recipe card holder was mailed - did you get it? It's just a little tiny rolling pen with a slot to place a 3x5 card while you're cooking. Hope you get the 2 apartments combined. I know you could use the extra room.

Marti - I think you'll do very well with losing 3 pounds this month. And way to go, setting the clock to make time to walk.

Tammy - yowza, the PALS recert sounds so intense! Good to know the nurses are trained that thoroughly. Is that a national requirement? Yes, it does sound more like MD training.

PJ - are you packed yet?

Well, ladies, my laptop is fried, or at least frozen. I bought and installed a game called Ravenhearst yesterday, and all of a sudden, I got a black screen with an error notice, and the screen won't budge. I emailed the company's technical support division and hope they are able to help.

My buddy Dixie came over and scrapbooked with me today. She did the cutest page of her twin DGSs. She's the one I'm going to Chicago with later this year.

BBL,

Last edited by Jane; 09-05-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Good Evening Ladies

Well as usual Hubby's dispatcher left him sitting in Philly all day yesterday only to come up with a load out of Baltimore heading to Atlanta for Friday LOL, Hubby politely reminded him he had to be home in Iowa early Thursday and Atlanta wasn't gonna work LOL, he's been telling him for 2 months when he needed to be home and that was what the fool came up with, it amazes me that the man was voted dispatcher of the year and that they use excellant home time as a recruiting tactic, LOL the only one's that have excellant home time are the people that work at headquarters, not the drivers, he did manage to get him another load this morning, out of Jersey heading to Ames for Friday, so he is gonna take it to the home terminal and tell his dispatcher it's there and someone else can deliver it cause he is on vacation Friday LOL, he should be home around 11 am tomorrow...I rode down to Des Moines with the girl today, she needed to go to Sephora and I never refuse a shopping trip LOL...well I need to get my dinner started have a Great Evening All.

Jane - Yikes sorry to hear about your laptop, I didn't even think about printing labels that's a good idea, We're staying at the Pop Century, and no I haven't started packing yet LOL I don't wanna haul anymore cat hair with me then I have too so I will pack Saturday nite, I AM SO READY TO GO!!! LOL

Mindee - Cute pic, it looks like the boys had a great time!

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 4 days away!
Closed Thread