Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Default Join Us: 1000 minutes in September challenge - 5% Club and Friends!

Hi all - we're going to get another 1000minute exercise challenge going for the month of September!

Here's what Juno had to say last time around:
Quote:
[T]he goal is to get 1000 minutes of exercise in by [September 30th]. Can you do it? Can you beat it? Can you do the best you can?

The reason this is brilliant is becuase in addition to any regular workouts we do, we can LOOK for extra little brisk walks to take and grab some dumbells during a free moment and add the minutes. That is the energy that makes the difference in how we live our healthy lives - the energy that makes the energy, so to speak!
1000minutes in September works out to approximately 30-35minutes each day. So starting September 1st, come check in here and keep us posted on your exercise minutes!

<-- That's how excited I am!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/ Ticker / 122

Height: 5'3"

I'm in. I haven't been exercising at all so this will hopefully keep me motivated!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #3  

Can't September get here yet?? Things are just crazy busy!! We got back from vacation, our cupboards are bare, pre-hockey started for both, my parents fly in Friday a.m. for 5 days, in charge of a fundraiser at one of the kids school and one at work - and am supposed to be helping learn the routine for our Oct/Nov fitness class..........However, I need to survive the next week first. I love the start of school but it seems like too much especially now I have 3 at different school stage.

I am marking down my times here at my desk but haven't recorded them anywhere else. I think I will wait for the fresh Sept. 1 start....bummer it starts with a Holiday Weekend!

Thanks for starting the thread.....a few more days now!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:02 AM   #4  

Thanks for starting things PL!

I'm with Steph, and am having an inSANEly busy week. Starting afresh Sept 1 really will make sense. Being in the Walk for the Cure will make my first entry a no brainer! I like that.

Hang in there and let's get those minutes logged!

Welcome ZD! This is a fun way to get yourself motivated. Let's go!

Did anyone see the eclipse the other night? We had a rare clear night and it was really fun. I couldn't stay up for the whole thing but I saw it hwen it was about 1/3 obscured.

Juno
Old 09-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

So I'm off to a slow start - just a 60minute walk on Sunday. Probably do some Wii boxing or pilates tonight, and then tomorrow morning I get serious with Couch to 5K!

How's everyone else?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #6  

Didn't mean to leave you hanging by yourself Marianne ...think life might get more on schedule. Caught up at work which is a big plus and slowly getting the kids/house on a a "school" schedule. We had company in for the last week so that was hard to get in the normal exercise.

So far I have 255 minutes but it has all been walking vs. anything like I would usually throw in there. The girl that I run here with and I have decided that we are going to try for some different type of efforts here this month. We both exercise all the time BUT always at the same rate. We are going to try to do the bursts of energy (such as sprinting rather than jogging) because I have read so many articles about getting stuck at this age and how your body is so used to what you do. I have been walking, jogging, lifting light weights forever....need to Pump It Up

Hope everyone is off to a great start this September and that everyone can check in soon.

Last edited by SAB 5%; 09-06-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #7  

hi everyone! How is everyone doing? I was feeling sheepish for not posting much but I see that EVeryone is busy! I just want to say that I'm still doing the challenge. I am at 545 completed (a little behind the benchmarks but not too bad) -

What I like the best: Being consistent with Body Pump and Weight training. I can see and feel a difference. Goal of the moment: Add Weight training on weekends.

Other goals: Water

Hope you are all well and happy!

Juno
Old 09-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #8  

Same here - doing exercise but just not having a second to post. I wanted to toss this piece of paper away though where I have been tracking so I got on quickly now.

I have another 438 minutes to add so am up to 693 minutes for the month so far. I am working on pushing myself much harder and not going out to eat at work as much. Very hard to do here as they use peer pressure when you say no

Back to work....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:51 AM   #9  

The peer pressure must be totaly maddening!

I had an open house here on Friday night with all sorts of goodies. I decided late last week that I was not going to indulge in the brownies, chips, etc. Then I worried that I would end up doing it anyway, and suddenly I had this weird insight that I can trust myself to do the right thing for my body. I caught myself reaching for the chips a couple of times out of pure habit and stopped myself. I would rather look slim and look great in clothes then eat that stuff. I quit eating red meat in 1982, so it seems like I can quit the white flour, chips and candy if I can do that.

I was inspired by sugarfreesheila.com, this girl who has an Atkins-based web site about her own story and in the interest of supporting others. Great site! Reminds me of the character on Legally Blonde, very into fashion but also whip-smart (fortunately sans tiny purse dogs in coordinated ensembles.) It's enjoyable to check out and very inspiring.

I am at 705, with 295 to go. It will be a challenge to make it to our 1000 but I'll keep plugging at it!

Juno.

Last edited by FitandFine; 09-24-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Closed Thread