Old 08-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #16  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Okay so I changed my menu a tiny bit yesterday, basically took out the rice and added 4 corn tortillas and cheese and salsa! It was VERY good! My cals wound up at 1172!!!! Sheesh! Two days in a row in the 1200 range? I must of lost my mind!

I am not feeling overly hungry though. I am almost afraid TO eat cause then I think, what if I don't stop? I just do NOT want another horrible food week like last week! 1550 was fine that first week then a 1900 week average? uggghhhhh

I wonder if the reason I am able to do that for two days was cause of all the stored up cals from the week before? If I clock the cals at 7 days at 1900(the hi cal week) and 2 days this week at 1200 that = 1741 average a day. hmmmnnnnn......

Even though I "know" I can do another 1200 cal day or two, I think I am going to go up to 1400. I do not want my body to freak and hold onto this weight.
The image in the mirror is looking better and oh by the way I got a compliment a few days ago!

My dd has a friend at school and I have met her parents many times as they live a few blocks away. But they just started playing together again.

A few months ago I was walking with kids to the bus stop 15 minutes away and a van slowed down and some guy in glasses asked if we needed a ride. (This happens often lol) I said no thanx we are going the other way. And he said he could go that way. (Karolina whispered to me, thats Melody's dad mom!) hahah SO it was someone we at lets knew. I said still no thanx, I am getting exercise and need to lose some weight and he said okay and went on.

Well I am out walking by myself a few days ago and a van slows down and its him and a friend and he yells out, "So how much have you lost now?"

I said, "75 pounds!"

He said, "You look good!!!"

I said "Thanx !" And of course I had to run home and brag to my hubby who said I look better than good!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #17  
I AM healthy!

Oh and I met my ticker goal of 1500 minutes this morning and am adding on 500 minutes!!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, I am doing battle with the calories this week too. It's an on going thing and I doing sweat it. I do make a point to eat healthy, high fiber, lots of vegetables. I think I usually eat around 12-1500. I know I have slow weight loss, but i'm not crazy and calorie deprived either. and I take my vitamine every day. I was always at a loss on when to take a vitamine and just read an article that said you should take it in the morning so you would have the proper vitamins all day. I guess this makes sense. Alo, for the lady that is anemic, it's true, taking Iron with Vit. c (like a glass of OJ) will help it absorve better.

I didn't do much exercising this week, but got lots of walking in. I do believe that lifting weights is the BEST for weight loss! It doesn't have to be some long program and doesn't take forever. And you can work out a routien for yourself and do it while you're watching TV. If you haven't started yet, I highly recommend it.

Rhighland, I'm so glad that you and your family weren't injured! What a scary thing to happen!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #19  
I AM healthy!

Hey there. Glad you are doing good. Walking is a great exercise!

What do you recommend with the weights? I have 2 five pound weights I do about 50 a day.

I would really love to get a program going though. I have resistance bands and a ball too. *sigh*
Old 08-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

RHighlan86:

I'm so glad you and your family are OK. What a scary accident! Yikes!

LodyAngel & Other Southern Gals:

Are you cooling off any yet? Hope so :-)
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #21  

TheSlimMe:

Thanks for the reminder about Vit. C being necessary for the body to absorb iron. You're right - that's what my Dr. says.

Re: Weights I have one 5 lb. weight. Fitness for Dummies says weight training is highly desirable to lose weight and get muscles toned. What kind of weights do you have, or do you go to a gym? I can't afford to join a gym, and even when I belonged, I hated going. Weights at home I'd do.

Nothing wrong with a slow & steady weight loss! The turtle won the race anyway :-)

Jasmine31:

1500 minutes of exercise? Good for you! And congrats on the compliment :whee:

Re: Cast iron skillet: I have fibromyalgia and a very weak right shoulder (arthritis? bursitis?), so I avoid anything heavy, even heavy coffee cups. Sometimes I have to limit pc time cuz typing makes it hurt worse.

I know the iron skillet is good for iron going into food, but ... besides, my mom had a set and they were a bear to clean, you always had to dry them right away and separate them with paper towels (to prevent rust).

Fri. & Sunday we walked. Today was weed wacking, raking, hard work. My yard work jeans are loose, even with a belt. Calories are 12-1500. I'll weigh myself tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone. Seriously fell off the wagon the last two days. Now I'm stressed it will continue. I also haven't exercised the last two days. I've been sooooo good for the past few weeks, but I'm also not losing weight. I'm sure I'm in starvation mode and I got depressed. Exercising an hour a day and 1000 calories a day and how much did I lose in 3 weeks? 1 Pound!!! Jasmine, I'm with you, I'm getting rid of my scale!!!!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #23  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wHvec1w/]

[/url]

Well my sore throat bloomed into a major cold by yesterday afternoon. I am keeping myself doped up and moving along. Today was busy and i only got in 30 mins of biking. My calories were over 1600, I shoot for 1500, but am not gonna beat myself up over it.

Tomorrow morning is Day 2 of week 5 C25K. My workout will go like this:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

That is actually mild compared to what is coming on Thursday...a 20 minute run...with no walking!!!!

Well i am off to bed. I am way tired and just want some shut eye!

Jasmine: Congrats on the exercise goal. You Rock!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

jasmine - kick it with the workout time and the compliment! it's great to know that other people are seeing the results of your hard work. =)

i did go jogging yesterday... not today, today i worked late and although i went in later i spent the morning lazing around in bed snuggling. however i did NOT binge today, by my estimate i ate around 1400 cals, so i'm still content with that.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, lovely ladies! I hope everyone is starting their day with a good, healthy breakfast. I'm sitting here having a piece of 12 grain, high fiver (6grams of fiber) bread and peanut butter. I try to have a small bit of protein every meal. It keeps you from getting hungry and it helps keep your insulin under control.

As for the weight lifting, I have a set of weights that I use at home too. I've belonged to Gym's before but always ended up not going. A combination of reasons. I don't like the co-ed gyms, especially. I use 5-8-10 lb. weights that I bought at a garage sale. But you can buy them almost any place, and if you catch them on sale they aren't expensive. I got a weight tape at the library and I hae my own routine that I do in front of the TV every other day. The books say that you are supposed to have weights that are hard to lift over 15 times. Those last few lifts are supposed to be an effort. One of the reasons us older ladies find it so hard to lose weight is, we have lost muscle tone. Muscle burns calories, helps speed up your metabolism, and tones up those arms! Start now and by summer you will have arms and shoulders that you don't mind showing off.

Melody, (I hope that's your name) I hope you're feeling better today.

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #26  

The scale says I've lost NO weight in the last two weeks! I find that really hard to believe, as I've been eating even better than before and walking a longer route every two days.

I was surprised how quickly the first 14 lbs. came off (maybe "water weight"). Or maybe by now I'm building more muscle (which I think weighs more than fat?).

Tho I'm surprised, I'm still feeling very good about everything. I can see (in my full length mirror) the difference and just feel so much healthier in general. In the last 7 days I've only had one candy bar and one apple fritter. Other than that, all have been 'good' calories.

I still don't own a scale. If I did, this non-weight loss would rate a smirk, or maybe a gentle "accidental" nudge with my foot ...
Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Default re

Thanks for all of the good wishes. We are all ok, I have been in physical therapy already and when I went yesterday he said I needed to get my hip readjusted from it. All was good afterwards though.

Jasmine - My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 2 years. When we do get engaged it'll be for the whole time we are both getting our masters. Or at least we get our lives in order lol. Whichever comes first I guess.

Hope everyone is doing good today
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #28  

StopEating:

Here are links you might wanna check out, as far as how to calculate the # of calories you need daily, for your activity level, height, etc. Pls note the mentions of not falling below a certain # of calories:

http://www.healthrecipes.com/calories.htm

You could google "Calculate daily calorie needs" for more.

I'll check Fitness for Dummies tonite and see what they say about calculating cal's.

One thing: I'm no expert on weight loss by any means ... but I so far every source I've read says 1200 calories is a MINIMUM # for women per day.

So, if you are eating 1,000 cal's per day AND exercising for one hour .... your body might be screaming for more energy and hanging on to every ounce -- not to mention that it may be flat out unhealthful as well *worries for Stop's lack of calories*.

Last edited by Ladiibbug; 08-21-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

to those of you who've been discussing weights - i like to go to the body works class at my gym (LA fitness). it's an hour long and you use light weights (2.5 or 5 usually) as well as your body weight and work out to music. it's nice because the class has always been all female... not that men aren't welcome, but they never come.

i do agree with some of your sentiments on gyms, though - if i am elsewhere, like on the treadmill, i feel like everyone's eyeing me up. my gym is honestly a bit of a meat market. i usually try to look as frumpy as possible so i can sweat and be basically ignored.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #30  
I AM healthy!

Okay ladies I will get to comments maybe tomorrow. uggghhhhI feel like I am dragging. I am doing great with cals and walking, idk. I just want this weight gone YESTERDAY. You know?

I LET myself eat 1741 cals yesterday but both days before were 1200. So it was TIME. My tummy was hurting too so I definately think that is TOO low for me!

My plan for today is in the 1440 range. I even got on a bike last nite for 30 minutes and loved it!!! A year ago when I tried I could barely get around the block before stopping and coming home! All this walking has seriously increased my leg muscles.

I am thinking of going tonite as well.

Any bikers here??

Please PLEASE tell me that biking is a tummy helper. I am getting to the point where I think I am looking great, even my tummy, BUT I feel like it is the HUGEST thing on me!!!!

arrrgggghhhhhhhh....slinks back in the hole that is the waiting for this weight to LEAVE!......