Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:05 AM   #91  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
The baby was there all day as the mom just forgot about her.
I was just reading some of the news reports about it. One of the things that struck me as horrendous was the fact that she admitted that she didn't think about the child after she took a detour to get donuts. So, she went in the bakery and ordered some 8 dozen or something donuts, waited for them, paid for them, carried them out to her car, opened the car door and placed the donuts somewhere -- dozens!! How do you put dozens of donuts in your car without noticing AT ALL your child in the back seat???? Then she drove to school, parked by a back door to unload the donuts, which took 2 trips, reparked the car and went in to the school. Think of how long all this took -- and this was a 2 year old, not an infant!! She didn't talk to her child the whole time? The child didn't make any noise? How can you do all those things without speaking to your child? I could understand if it was a tiny baby that was asleep, but a toddler, with all that stopping and going and door opening and closing? I don't buy it. There's something wrong with this story.

Quote:
Somebody please tell me what to do.
C. Something else?
Go twist somebody's arm in the school department. They forgot to hire you. Forgetting is all the rage these days, right?

If the schools there are anything like here, subbing is nearly a full time job anyway! Your problem would be if they can't get hold of you. Can't you keep a cellphone with you and ask them to leave a message on it when you can't answer it immediately? Of course a lot of the calls are early in the A.M. Does sound exhausting working evenings, then being available to sub. blah.

I wonder what happens to people who try to reincarnate without permission? Especially since they outlawed limbo.

Hey, my German grandparents would have been Danish if their parents hadn't emigrated. Or was it the other way around? They came from an area that has changed hands between the 2 countries. Sugar can tell me. Right?

Kiwi
Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #92  
loves kleenex box art

They got it on the school surveillance camera. The car is an SUV and the donuts were in the back so she opened the back of the car and couldn't see the baby. I think it's like Reefer Madness. One thing leads to another. If you allow yourself, just once, to make donuts a priority over your child, then soon it's a habit and baby is forgotten. I mean she had a habit of leaving the baby alone in the car whereas most moms don't develop that habit.

The reincarnation thing is aimed at the Dali Lama.

An old man went up a young girl cashier yesterday, pointed at a young male European employee and said, "He didn't wash his hands after he pooped." She found this interesting and entertaining and repeated the story in the breakroom where there were several people, including one manager. The young man was there, too. The manager said to him, "A customer said you didn't wash your hands?!" and he answered, "I know." Soon he was fired. The young cashier feels like a narc and we're all considering washing our hands now.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-11-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #93  
loves kleenex box art

Wow. We're twins. I hate my hair, too. But I'm AFRAID my ds will to another country. What's wrong with your lungs that makes the doctor so afraid? You need kefir.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #94  
loves kleenex box art

Am so confused. Are you Little Red Riding Hood? Wolf sounds nice.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #95  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
The reincarnation thing is aimed at the Dali Lama.
Well, that's just mean. Also pretty funny that China thinks they can legislate something like that. You'd think they'd be concerned that they'll be a global laughing stock.
Quote:
we're all considering washing our hands now.

I do not have to gall bladder surgery! Yay! The surgeon said it is his favorite surgery , but he doesn't feel it would be of any help to me, since I'm not having classic symptoms of gallstones. Apparently lots of people have gallstones without any problems. He wants me to come back in 6 weeks or so and if I'm still feeling nauseous, maybe he'll get to shove a scope down my throat or something. He seemed, um, enthusiastic about the prospect. Strange man.

Think I'll go make some dinner. DH might appreciate that...

Kiwi
Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #96  
Member w/ messiest house

HEY! Wha'appened to my post? Coulda sworn I posted earlier.

The wind is blowing very hard, so naturally our electricity is unreliable. Flickers, y'know. I guess when the computer flickered it ate my post.

I am doing this. Who knows, maybe it will help moi.

Pardon me for being On Topic for a moment.

Kiwi
Old 09-13-2007, 02:37 PM   #97  
loves kleenex box art

I clicked on that and they wanted to agree to something really lengthy..

What's wrong with these words?

As I walk along I wonder
What went wrong with our love
A boat that goes so strong.
I'm a walkin in the rain
Hear enough and I feel the pain
Wishin you were here with me
To end this misery
I wonder
I wah wah wah wah wonder
Why
Why why why why why she went away
My little runaway
My run run run run runaway

We have Snickers here .. are Flickers mint-flavored Snickers?

Last edited by Cowpernia; 09-13-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #98  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i can't read all those words--they are longer than a weight-loosing site----kiwonkers---tonight is the night i go to see Loreena----i am so thrilled-----first i am going to the wine bar---if i am going to feel dizzy there may as well be a reason!!!!!-----http://www.quinlanroad.com/----that is her website------
Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #99  
loves kleenex box art

Well, Kiwi, tell us about the thingie. I didn't know what it wanted me to agree with.

I have a question for Sugar. I read that in Europe people eat a lot of cabbage but here we rarely eat cabbage. So I ate some. How do those Europeans deal with the vast gas it produces??????
Old 09-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #100  
loves kleenex box art

Rant. I am p-o-ed off. I am actually p-o-ed at a lot of people but here's one. When DS was in 10th grade (he changed schools after that) I worked at a job that gave me Thursdays off and every Thursday, I went to the high school and volunteered in the library. There was the librarian and her assistant who was not dependable. The asst didn't show up a lot or was late or her back hurt and she couldn't shelve books. She met a guy on the internet (he owned a condom manufacturing company) and ran off shortly before the end of the year and they put a substitute in there. Then the job came open and I applied but they hired the sub. I had known the sub for years and knew her to be a flakey person with a flakey dh. They hired her of course. The principal told me he was hiring her but he expected another job to open up and he would put me in there. Never happened.

Well, he got moved to a different, smaller school. That school's librarian is on maternity leave and they have a temporary job open til she's back. I called him about it and not matter what I said, he changed the subject. I really want to throw pie in his face. I could tell by the way he said "it's just a temporary job" that he was implying it was valueless and I shouldn't want it and he had already promised it to someone. I hate himmmmm.

Then another school has a job open that I applied for and they filled. I don't know what happened to that teacher but h*ll h*ll h*ll. That principal just doesn't take phone calls. h*llllllll.

Let's see what else. At the store, I am being given crappy hours. Well, no one is happy with their hours as the tourists are gone and hours are being cut til the snowbirds get there but the d*mned store closes at 10:00 and he will schedule me til 11:00. So what this means is when the last customer leaves, I leave and that's usually 10:10 so I'm being short-changed on those hours.

And then there's this little cop-in-training (really) who has been moved into the customer service sector. He's supposed to stand on the floor and help the cashiers. He thinks this means he stands on the floor and the cashiers and baggers have to do what he says. When he barks at me, I can bark back as he is too silly but we have these foreign kids who are smart and hard working and lovely and I saw him go up to this young man and say, "You've been over at the deli for TWO HOURS goofing off." He emphasized two hours but I had to say, "He's been right here bagging for me." He insisted on two hours and I insisted back. Then he walks past and snaps the command "Bag" to this young man who is ALWAYS BUSY and helpful and a gentleman but whose English doesn't allow him to argue well. I snapped back "Please?" and told me he had said please several times and wouldn't say it again. So he's a jerk.

I got the young man to teach me how to say "idiot" in Russian. Very useful.

Besides that, my metabolism had died off. I no more have a chance to lose weight.

And, we had three people drown at the beach on the weekend. Two were father and son who were trying to help a daughter who was in trouble. We have rescue people come into the store after work sometimes and one told me he was really tired and had just pulled someone out of the water. These are not lifeguards. They're EMS people with the fire department. He says the tourists know the danger but ... the father and son went to help the girl. What else could they do? Heartbreaking.

And I have no life to go with my no metabolism.

Shy is going to teach me to play Euchre and I downloaded the thingie, Shy, but am too depressed/p-o-ed/anxious these days.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #101  
fatter than U

Talking cabbage talk

Yes, people do eat it alot here in all different forms - raw in salads, as saurkraut, cooked for cabbage rolls etc. I guess they just get used to it. How have you been preparing it?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #102  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh peachers i can relate to your depression--this morning my friend who had breast cancer { and two sons aged 11 and 12 } passed away---- she was 48i was at a wake this week for a friend and neighbour who died of a brain tumour-- she was 53---she was a single parent to a 20 year old daughter and went in the hospital in july with headaches and earaches =====she never got out of the hospital----and another friend who is my age had a mastectomy a few weeks ago and just lost all her hair after the first chemo treatment-----my friend with colon cancer is in remission for awhile but she does have stage four so it already had spread---------my friends and i are singing at the funeral this week in nova scotia--------so this week has been depressing -----i am so shocked that so many people i know are experiencing this horrible cancer life
Old 09-14-2007, 10:11 PM   #103  
loves kleenex box art

That is horrible, Bagz!! So stressful to have one person you know in that situation but you have so many. Take care of YOURSELF!!! Eat those blueberries please.

Sugar, I put the cabbage in soup. How long can it take to get used to it? I read all these ways it's good for you. Helps build bones. Helps stomach problems. Wonderful food apparently.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #104  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

thanks peach---i do love those blueberries i must say--last night i did eat lobster but unfortunately i ate two pieces of apple pie----i need to get on some mental pause forum---i feel like i am going nuts----all i do is worry all the live long day and night---last night dd23 got in at 4:45 am---now ,she lives here and can come and go as she pleases,but for the life of me i could NOT get to sleep until she came in----she was fine,out at a party and felt terrible that i had stayed awake,but i just can't seem to stop WORRYING ABOUT EVERY DAMN THING----- ds13 wants to go play football behind this creepy arena in the area, and there is a playground and soccer field behind the arena that are well kept but i keep worrying that CREEPS will be after him or his friends will run away on him---and dd21 drives a BIKE in traffic everyday to school in a big city with crazy drivers ---SO IT SEEMS UNLESS I GET CONTROL OF THIS WORRYING I WILL LIKELY DRIVE MYSELF INSANE---- plus all my friends seem to be sick or dying and my sporadic dizziness has me thinking i am going nuts or have a brain tumour------------THERE---IS THAT ENOUGH FOR NOW--- i have to go to WORK---- maybe some customer service will distract me from my mental merry go round.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #105  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh yes and both the mother and the mil are feeling neglected and have no trouble mentioning it on any and every occasion -------------------i may have to disable my phone.
Closed Thread