Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #61  
Member w/ messiest house

I know the feeling, Sugar. I slept all morning and into the afternoon today. Just exhausted after whirlwind trip to parts south. On Saturday, DD spent the morning packing and then we got the truck packed (yeah, we had to take her to college in a pickup truck ), left early afternoon. DD's bf drove down too, and we all went to the fabulous play at this very cool theatre, Deertrees. The play was sooo good. It's just a lovely thing. They said it was going to be performed overseas soon, too, so our friend John is really getting on the map! We went out for a few beers after with John and his friends. He was shocked and amazed to see friends from high school and all over Maine at the performance.

We stayed overnight at a cheapo motel, which was absolutely fine, but it was funny because 5 minutes after we checked in, we looked out in the parking lot and it was full of bikers. Apparently some motorcycle event nearby. We had to get up early early early and head to Boston, where we spent the whole afternoon lugging stuff up stairs and hiking up hills (all the hills at Tufts are uphill). We got lost driving to the storage unit that DD and her friends had rented, and wasted almost an hour in heavy traffic, then loaded another truckful from the unit (which I must say was very slick -- this place had 4 floors of storage units; you had a security code to get in and then there were freight elevators, great big carts to load onto, garage doors to back your truck into; it was very easy, considering), and spent another hour or two unloading and lugging stuff up more stairs. Then we drove 6-7 hours home. We's pooped.

Gotta go pick up my doggy. She's waiting for me at the boarding kennel, no doubt drooling a giant puddle.

ta
Kiwi
Old 09-03-2007, 04:15 PM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

I was reading through a mailing list I'm on and came across this nauseating post. Not the prayer part, the last sentence...

Quote:
A Prayer/Positive Thought vigil has been initiated to help reunite
{a lost dog H} with {his owner S}. Please join in on the hour whatever your
time zone might be.
I've contacted my dead dogs, too, for additional help.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 09-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #63  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! i so enjoyed watching Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson this past week!!! we were supposed to be there for two days but we loved it so much we stayed for three--AND THEN WE EVEN TRIED TO GET TICKETS FOR TODAYS FINAL!!!---but they were sold out--the first day you were allowed to take pics cause it was just a pro-amateur tournament so we took lots and ds got 22 autographs of the pros---including Phil's---and we just watched him wint the tournament on tv!!! so if you are a golf nut like dh and ds---it was a thrill--and it was a thrill for this girl too---even though i am not a golfer---i do love seeing STARS like tiger up close!!!====we were standing less than ten feet away from them at many times during the rounds---you just could wander around the course as you pleased ,taking in different holes etc-----i would say it was quite a thing for a 13 year old boy and his old man too!!! we didn't even bother going into Boston at all!!!====sooooooooooooooo ---that was a nice end to the summer----the best part of it all was==when we returned home dd23 from denmark had returned and was home to greet us=====there was a bit of a bawling session as we reunited-----so wonderufl to see her sweet face once again----i had not seen her except in photos for EIGHT MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it!!!======i hope you all are well---i will read up on your partying soon!!xoxoxoxoxo --ps---the donald looked a fright---he was playing in the pro-amateur on thursday----YIKES!!!! I FEEL SORRY FOR NIRVANIA,OR MELVANIA,OR TATANIA OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS----money just does not make up for everything!!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, what an awesome excursion that turned out to be! Yeah, you're not kidding about the Donald. That pic on facebook is a real fright.

Got my puppydog back. Not as exciting as having your DD home, but I take what excitement I can.

kiwi
Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #65  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi kids! I'm writing to the National Enquirer as we speak! heehee

Where is everrrrbuddy? It's September, time to turn over a new leaf. Next Monday I'm going to the Monday weigh-in. By Christmas I'll be a twig!

Fall always energizes me. How's the job front, Peachie? How's the darling d from overseas, Bagz? Where's Schatzi and Sugar and Wabby and Painty and Cherry?

Kiwi
Old 09-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #66  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hello miss bright eyed and bushy tailed kiwonk!!---dd is great--she misses her danish delight though---he is planning a trip here next month so that will be great----i am feeling dizzy/lightheaded today--i looked it up on the mental pause sights and it seems common??anyone???
Old 09-05-2007, 08:37 PM   #67  
loves kleenex box art

I posted. I did. Yesterday.

What I said was I feel like the guy in Stranger Than Fiction except my life is being written by Franz Kafka.

I wish I had something to say. Maybe after my something arrives from Kiwi I will think of something. Kissy hug hug
Old 09-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #68  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, yeah, I think I was dizzy for a year.

What does the danish dalliance do -- is he a student?

I have sent out 4 offers...do you think anyone will bite?

Kiwi
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #69  
Member w/ messiest house

I never saw that movie. How did you post before me? Is that part of the Fiction?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #70  
Member w/ messiest house

HeY YoU!! WheRe hAvE yOu bEEn???

Get in here and blab, dish or rant.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #71  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i am here----i am at work----i am still lightheaded and kind of off balance---on the mental pause sights it is mentioned many times---are you serious kiwonkers about being dizzy---it makes me mad---i don't like the sensation-----i feel like donald trump.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #72  

I'm at home. With my computer. I will continue to monitor the herd from this location. I'm supposed to sign on the business Monday.... but then again, I was supposed to sign on Aug. 30th too. Lawyers love to send emails back and forth. Then I'm going to hang out w/ my sil for a week before I face the boxes of files and flotsam and jetsam that followed me home from the office........ and I'm starting a class on the 25th called "Life Transitions". Bleeeh. My life is still really sucky. OK. I'm watching you guys.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #73  
loves kleenex box art

I don't think Kiwi has been through minnowpause so she don't know nuthin'. I have been there and don't remember anything about dizziness. Course, I do remember memory problems so who knows. No, I don't think I had issues with dizziness.

Wabby, you are the alpha cow and must come and lead us. I know there are bossier cows here who will moo you out of the way, but still you are Queen Cow. Post more. Tell us about the class and and the lawyers and the weather. Bad there isn't it?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #74  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhh wabster!!! glad you have the puter at homebase!!!! now you can post orders on the weekend----excellent!!!!----cowpern----i want to hear about people who are having my problem---i also had your problem--i can't remember anything or where i put anything of even what i did a minute ago-----it is very disconcerting-----i read on the menopause site about 'disturbing memory lapses'====haaaaaaaaaaaaaa i am totally disturbed-----
Old 09-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #75  
loves kleenex box art

Shy, I once married a man who lost his short term memory in an automobile accident. I know how frustrating it is. Bagzie is just going through mineralpause. I don't know what to say about that. Just keep forgiving yourself and forgive others, too. I remember how angry I felt when old creepy Herbie invited all these people to lunch at Christmastime. They came because he paid for the lunches and he gave them gifts. He couldn't remember one woman's name and she sat there, all tight lipped, and glared. She wouldn't help him a bit. Everybody has these problems and there's no need to take it personally. Your problem will pass, Bagzie. I now remember everything .. well, not everything but I think I do remember things other people forget. I try to remember not to take it personally, too, even when it's about me.
Closed Thread