"Every-Day" 21-Day Challenge -- Time to put a number on it!!

You're on Page 4 of 12
Go to
  • Well, last night was tough, but I did well. We had a dinner that I had promised the kids and it was good, but I loaded up on salad and kept the other stuff to a normal sized portion. So...

Day 1 - portion control during dinner - good

Have a great day all!
  • Took a little bit of a pause day there (on only the second day... geeze) and hopefully today I can notch them all off!

Challenges:
    2000 Calorie limit – Day 1 – Level 3 (2 left)
    30 minutes of any kind of exercise – Day 1 – Level 3 (2 left)
    One pop a day limit - Day 1 - Level 3 (2 left)

• 1) No Alcohol -- Day 13 completed
    2) One Sugar a Day -- Day 12 completed
    3) Food Log -- Day 10 completed
  • Yesterday
    Jul 30th
    A. No Food min 2h b4 bed(level 2) - 13 days met
    B. Daily Excercise to do (level 3) - 8 days met[45min elptical and 100 crunches]
    C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 8 days met
    D. Food Log (level 3) - 7 days met

No morning excercise, as I've lost my ability to sleep through the night, and felt really tired. I am even thinking that I might do very light exercise today and go to sleep early, my body is in stress probably and not able to relax.
    Food, Log, and Water should be ok...Light exercise will be 45min in length at least and therefore I will consider as part of my daily.
  • Day 2 - portion control during dinner - good

Just a quick check in today! Gotta run!

• 1) No Alcohol -- Day 14 completed
    2) One Sugar a Day -- Day 13 completed
    3) Food Log -- Day 11 completed

No time for chats. Sorry. Just keeping posted.

• Yesterday
    Jul 31st
    A. No Food min 2h b4 bed(level 2) - 14 days met
    B. Daily Excercise to do (level 3) - 9 days met[45min elptical and some weights even though I did not plan to go to the gym. I went and worked out for 1.5 hours]
    C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 9 days met
    D. Food Log (level 3) - 8 days met

I am starting to feel sluggish, and less motivated, or perhaps just plain hungry. Yesterday's lunch was sushi, and though I do not officially have a challenge for calories I watch what I eat. Soy sauce (regular variety) must have made me retain water, so I gained a pound. It is not official but I hate when I step in the wrong direction. :-(
  • Challenges:
    2000 Calorie limit – Day 3 – Level 3 (2 left)
    30 minutes of any kind of exercise – Day 3 – Level 3 (2 left)
    One pop a day limit - Day 3 - Level 3 (2 left)

Doing ok, feeling such a change at the gym, able to do more, longer, heavier weights.... feels good. On the other hand coping with just how emotional/bored eater I am... I always knew I was one but now that I'm tracking my food daily I can't imagine how many calories I must have taken in... any advice to curb emotional eating?
  • Yesterday
    Aug 1st
    A. No Food min 2h b4 bed(level 2) - 14 days met + 1 pause day (aug 1st)
    B. Daily Excercise to do (level 3) - 9 days met + 1 pause day (aug 1st)
    C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 10 days met
    D. Food Log (level 3) - 9 days met

I've not slept normally for days, so yesterday I gave myself a rest, by going to bed right after having a small dinner which took place around 6:30pm. I still could not sleep so I laid in bed with closed eyes till 9. Then took a partial dose of sleep aid, which did not begin working till midnight! I stayed up with book and then finally fell asleep.
    No exercise this morning as well, but I will get mine in tonight.

• 1) No Alcohol -- Day 15 completed
    2) One Sugar a Day -- Day 14 completed
    3) Food Log -- Day 12 completed

CBETA, you're doing well! Keep it up. Pink, that is excellent news with the gym! Hurrah!

• Challenges:
    2000 Calorie limit – Day 4– Level 3 (2 left)
    30 minutes of any kind of exercise – Day 4– Level 3 (2 left)
    One pop a day limit - Day 4- Level 3 (2 left)
  • Day 2 & 3 - portion control during dinner - good
    I lost my internet yesterday and after lots of fighting with my computer, I'm finally back online! Amazing how much I depend on the internet!

Red - Looks like you are doing great! You've got some tough challenges but are more than 2/3 of the way done. Awesome!

Cbeta - Wow, 1 1/2 hours at the gym! That's great!

Pink - If you ever figure out the emotional eating thing, please let us know! That's a tough one that I deal with all the time myself! Sometimes deep breathing helps my get under control, but I need to remember to do the breathing before doing the eating! That's the hard part for me.

Have a great day!
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO ALCOHOL challenge~day 18 completed 0 pauses left

WALK 1 MILE EVERY DAY~day 15 completed 0pause left

NO EATING AFTER 7pm~day 16 completed 0 pause left

includes today
  • Yesterday
    Aug 2nd
    A. No Food min 2h b4 bed(level 2) - 15 days met + 1 pause day (aug 1st)
    B. Daily Excercise to do (level 3) - 10 days met + 1 pause day (aug 1st)
    C. 4 bottles of water (level 2) - 11 days met
    D. Food Log (level 3) - 10 days met
  • djstorey, thank you.
    I do find that this also allows me to limit the amount of boredom in my day, because no food 1.5 hours prior to, and 2-3 hours after, then with the other challenge about 2hrs before bad - no food, on days when I work out in the evening my last meal is around 5-6pm...which is very good, because it is fully processed by the time I go to sleep.

Everyone seems like we are on a roll here....Which is GREAT. Congrats and have a Wonderfull Weekend.