3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Christmas Hotties! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/11752-christmas-hotties.html)

Jen 01-07-2002 07:26 AM

Hi all. drake slept through last night but was up a little earlier on Saturday morning but not too early so I still got a few hours of sleep in all at once.

Not much new here, the weekend was not great, the hubby was in a mood so that always puts me in a bit of a downer. It is always a relief when Monday rolls around. ( I know you know what I mean Geneve!)

Take care all.

bc 01-07-2002 12:04 PM

Well I have renewed interest in doing the weight watchers, however yesterday was a bust. :(

I have been following the plan and doing fine, however on Saturday we got KFC for dinner. That was fine because I had plenty of points so Saturday wasn't the problem as much as Sunday when we still had leftovers. Did you know those wrap sandwiches are 14.5 points?! That could be half a days intake if I wasn't nursing! Anyway I didn't gorge myself but I did figure I would eat and then just start over today.

Oh yes, another setback was my husband brought home a pint of Ben and Jerry's for me........ well for me to share with him and the two boys. That means I only had one serving but still those servings are quite calorie laden. Infact the points are 7.5 points. Way too many for me to be indulging on a regular basis. Normally I would have said no, but he caught me in a moment of weakness. :cool:

The working out hasn't jelled yet, but I am confident it will. I have to approach this as a long term thing to even get close to where I should be weight wise.

My husband has started a class that will go for one calender year. He is commuting to in every Monday and will be home late. I don't mind him taking the class (work is footing the bill) but those days where he doesn't come home until late can easily turn into days where we grab a quick dinner out. I want to stay away from that. One of the most helpful things when I am watching what I am eating is to eat at home. Going out almost guarentees trouble.

I hope you are all doing well. My little darling is now eating anything I try to eat. Amazing how quickly they grow. Oh and Geneve she doesn't really take a bottle. For us the saving point was when she could eat food because my husband can feed her that himself (and I can catch a movie).

Barb

Jen 01-08-2002 11:33 AM

Morning all. Drake is back sleeping through the night. I woke up with so much energy this morning, it is almost starting to feel normal again to sleep 6 or 7 hours straight. We went to the mall at 8am, they have a program where you can go in the mall early and walk for exercise. There were tons of people there today, more than I expected. Mostly seniors, only a handful of people under 40. I saw only 1 other lady with her baby.

I have a question about feeding. I started Drake on rice cereal, 1T with 4T of water, a couple of weeks ago, twice a day. After about 2 days he was spitting up all day and that isn't normal for him. Of course he spits up a bit but not all day. So I stopped the cereal. I bought a different brand of rice cereal and started it again yesterday. He seemed to tolerate it okay yesterday and he had one serving today after his last bottle. He's been taking 6 oz of formula but this morning he seemed to be hungry still so I gave him some cereal and that seemed to fill him up. Now my question is how often should I offer him the cereal? I started off with twice a day, should I offer him some with every bottle and when should I increase the amount of cereal? I am seeing the doctor next week for the baby's next needle so I intend to talk to her more about this but I'd just like some info from you ladies that have been through this already. Thanks a bunch!

Barb - yes it is a new day today, I hope you are a little happier with your food choices today. I don't do the WW, I honestly don't think I could do it, trying to keep track of points would drive me nuts. Why don't you just try and walk a little everyday to get started on some exercise? It doesn't have to be a whole lot, just 15 minutes a day to get yourself started. Right now I feel really weird if I don't get my walk in. Since it is so cold and windy here now I am walking at the mall as I said and we'll go outdoors when the weather is a little nicer. I've taken Drake out in 14F and he was okay. Of course I've got him bundled up and one of those plastic covers over the stroller, he stays warmer than I do!

Take care all, have a great day.

SueMoo 01-09-2002 02:38 PM

Hi everyone...

Hi there. Feels like I haven't posted in ages. Sounds like you've all been doing really well. I've not been watching what I eat, or exercising for the past week or so - haven't been able to get back in the swing of things since Christmas.

Luckily, I lost a pound anyway. I think, even though I've been eating more in the last couple of weeks, I'm still not eating enough to maintain my weight. So many of the foods we are eating now are healthier, more low calorie, less fat. Man, I must have eaten a lot before.

I've got to start exercising. Today is the day...

Jen, I've only just started feeding Megan cereal and baby food this month. I feed her twice a day right now, and she seems to do well with that. She gets cereal mixed with fruit baby food about an hour after her bottle, and then wait an extra hour before feeding her. (If I would normally feed her at 10, I wait till 11.) When I feed her and then immediately give her a bottle, she gets a tummy ache. She gets a vegetable baby food (no cereal) at about 4:30. Same thing with the bottle. She seems to do pretty well with this. She was a little spit-uppy when she first started taking cereal, but I think this was just her digestive system getting used to solids. Drake might have been spitting up so much at first because he wasn't ready for it?

I was talking with my sister about this, because she has a baby 2 1/2 months older, and she said that when her daughter was 5 1/2 months old she was eating 3 times a day, but still taking her bottle - just a tiny bit less of it. She is 7 months old now, and pretty much only eating table food. She was telling me that I ought to start giving Megan small bits of food - mashed bananas, peas, biter biscuits. I tried giving her bananas yesterday, but she just gave me a look like I was nuts, and kept spitting it out. I don't think she knew what to do with REAL food. By the way, congrats on getting Drake to sleep through the night!

Gotta run...
Sue

249: Highest preg weight/225:Joined WW/202:Current/150: Goal

geneve 01-09-2002 05:17 PM

Hi everyone,
Jen, i'm laughing at the thought of you going for a walk at the mall..but I remember how cold it gets...I'm very familiar with winter in colder places. I wrap Leo up, but probably not as much as most, I don't think babies should be too muffled up. We walk along the sea front, which is wild and windy most days. I think of the calories I'm burning trying to keep warm.
Made it back to the gym today, which i am really gettinginto.
I couldn't do weightwatchers. i bought the CD but I found that by the time I had time to type it all in I'd either blown it for the day or I couldn't find the right points amount.
I'm focused on exercise and trying to eat healthily, not less. I'm very very aware of the failiure rates for diets as I think we should all be. Before I ever dieted I was maybe 7lbs more than ideal weight, all I wish was that someone had told me that was OK. I'm 5ft 8 tall with huge hands and feet so I was never going to be the size or weight I aspired to.
I started Leo on rice very early as he seemed ready. I think that if you are only feeding rice or cereal they only take a little to start with, I gave Leo a few spoons for rice for a week or so to make sure he was OK then I added yoghurt made with formula milk (don't know if you have that there) and fruit puree. I used to feed him, then give him the rice, then a mid morning feed, then milk for lunch and afternoon, then rice or yoghurt in the evening with a bottle of formula at bed time. I think it's agood idea to get them eating at approximate meal times, Leo has breakfast dinner and tea now (at 5 months) but I still stick to pureed fruit and veg, although I tend to leave more lumps in now, or make it a bit thicker. I've also been adding those little pasta stars. I make my own purees and freeze them in ice cube trays then store them. Leos favourite is sweet potato with apple, and now I put in a bit of cheese too...BIG excitement!
He has milk forst thing in the morning, then a bottle in between meals and another at bed time. I give him water with his food, but if he still seems hungry I'll feed him too, this happens rarely now.
Hope that helps! As long as Drake is sleeping and growing and healthy them you must be doing something right!
Geveve

Jen 01-09-2002 10:41 PM

Hi all, thanks for the advice about baby food. The past couple of days Drake has been getting his rice cereal as I described before about 3 times a day. Today he had it at midmorning, midafternoon and early evening. So far he is tolerating it well and is still taking about the same amount of formula. I think I will keep to this until we see the doc next week as long as he is not having any problems.

I started my period today, luckily I didn't get the bad headaches I got the past 2 months but I've been feeling kind of blue. I went to the mall for my walk but my heart wasn't really in it for a great workout. I still walked the same amount but not as briskly as usual. Oh well, I'm trying to keep it up so I stay in the habit. I know it seems kind of funny but there are tons of people that do this every day. Tuesday morning there must have been at least 75 people when I was there. It is just too cold out, if it is colder than -10C with the wind chill factor I won't take Drake out for a walk. We usually walk for about an hour and I think colder than that would be pushing it. Today was nice but too windy, the plastic covering i have for the stroller would have blown off in 2 seconds. I got some bungee cords to put around the stroller so it will stay in place so hopefully we'll get outside tomorrow.

Geneve - congrats on getting to the gym. I don't think I could stick with WW either. I don't think I could get into having to figure out how many points every food is. I had a hard time just doing a food journal never mind assigning points to everything.

Sue - did you get your exercise in today? I know it is rough to get back to a regular routine after the holidays. frankly I'd love another week or so of taking it easy! Unfortunately that isn't going to help me lose weight, probably why I gained 5 lbs over December, well I've taken them off now anyway.

Take care all.

bc 01-09-2002 11:08 PM

WW really isn't all that bad. The points system is easier than dealing with all the calories. It is actually a mathmatical formula taking into consideration calories, fat, and fiber. It DOES make me think twice if I want to eat something or not and it does keep me accountable. I am trying to write everything down right now, but as I get more and more familiar with it I can even keep track without writing it down. I also have a program on my Palm that tracks the points too.

Jen, you have a good point about walking. I live in an area that would be easy to walk in. Sometimes I bundle Isabelle up and take her a walk to the Commons which is an shopping area. It is a downtown street that has been blocked off so cars don't go through. It is full of cute shops, cafes, and restaurants. I can always walk there and grab a cup of coffee. I try to walk there when I need something instead of driving elsewhere. I also walk the boys to the bus everyday and (sometimes, since it got colder) pick them up.

With my first child I thought about what to feed and when, with the second I did too but less so. With this child I just let her eat anything that isn't dangerous. She still doesn't have any teeth so it has to be pretty soft and pliable. Her staple is Cheerios. Today we had sweet potatoes cooked in a bit of water at dinner. I diced up some and put them on her tray. She had a grand old time picking them up and putting them in her mouth. She ate a lot that way. She is still nursing so she gets quite a bit from that too. I love when they are eating foods because then Daddy can feed them too. I can get out then too :lol:

It is funny how food issues come up with kids. On one list I am on there is quite a bit of discussion of food and the issues the people remember from it. Nobody wants to repeat what their parents did. ;)

Ok it is getting late.

Barb

Jen 01-11-2002 12:57 PM

Hi all. Spoke too soon about the headaches. Got a wicked one last night and couldn't get rid of it til I took a muscle relaxant and tylenol#3. I feel really tired though. Drake and I had a nap together (I love doing that!).

Barb - Drake was doing okay with the rice cereal but yesterday he didn't seem to want any so I didn't push him and the same today, he took about half of what he was taking before and that was all he wanted. I didn't give him any at lunch, I was too headachey and tired to even try, we were cuddled in bed and he had his bottle and then we both had a nap. I'll give it another go this afternoon

Anybody have any terrific plans for the weekend?

bc 01-11-2002 10:01 PM

Hey what happened to Geneves Valentines Hotties thread?

I looked back in the forum and it looks like it never exhisted.

I did well until today. Today was my husbands birthday and while I tried to be reasonable in cooking I DID have to make a special dinner. I made Paella and tried to put healthy stuff in it. Still I had wine and I know that is more points than I want to consider. ;)

Hope everyono has a good weekend,

Barb