Old 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #16  

Hi guys! Great job for day 3. As I knew beforehand, my day was out of control and hence nothing to add for Thursday. But today is Friday! I need to finish work and get through a couple of appointments but I will exercise, oh yes I will exercise! (Wayne's World voice, it's Friday and I'm punchy.)

Ohman good work. Is aerobox like boxing moves with a video? I have never heard of it. Sounds like something that would be good for arms!

Way to go Shorty, I think we will raise your goal to 2000 LOL!

Mirado good for you also. Walking to New Zealand, that is awesome - I love the little stick figures on your rulers.

Must get back to work...have a great Friday everyone.

Juno
FitandFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #17  

Yeah, I look like an overacheiver but know that I have a really busy couple of weeks coming up with traveling so I'm trying to get a head start.

Today:
30 minutes walking
30 minutes video workout
10 minutes yoga

365/1000
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Wow, go Shorty! Way to stockpile those minutes!

Nothing for me yesterday, and it's looking iffy for today. I'm determined to get out for a good long walk on Saturday and Sunday, though. I learned there's a track in my neighbourhood, so I think Sat I'll walk over and find it. I'm planning on starting Ct5K on August 1st, and hoping that this track will be close enough and good enough to use for that!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #19  

Well, I owe you all a big thank you! This morning I did NOT want to get up and go for a walk, but then I remember the challenge, and got my shoes on and got out the door. I didn't go find the track, but I did walk up to the village to pay my tuition.

So that's another 40mins for me, putting me at 120/1000.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #20  

I'm with you PL - Last night my DH was delayed getting in from being out of town on business. He did not get in until 8 pm, and at that time I had a house full of teenagers having a party (the reason I could not get out before then) - I think without the challenge I would have bagged it. But <ahem> guess what my health club has 24-hour access!!?? I got there around 9:00 and did 45 minutes, half on treadmill and the other half on the elliptical with arm thingies (they kill me) so I'm really on track. Not sure what else I will do today, I think I'd like to do some strength. I'm happy to be at 135/1000.

Shorty good strategy on the banking up. I'll be out of town for a week in August, although I'll be at my parents' and I tend to do a lot of walking there. Still, I'll follow your lead and get ahead of the game as much as I can.

Happy Weekend everyone...

Juno
Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #21  

I think my walking partner has bailed on me! But I am not worried about walking now since it is light out in the a.m. but I hope she starts back up again as we start losing light and I don't like the dark by myself with the dog. Otherwise the dog is getting mini walks and then I will be doing my serious workouts in the a.m.

I really like the Tami Webb series...I have one that has two sessions of 15 minutes for butt, arms & abs. I have been trying to do one every day along with my regular walking & running. Today I upped the weights and did the arm routine and I could really feel the difference.

On July 12 logged in 55 and today did 70 minutes = 790 to go! I will probably have no problem with this challenge but when we do it again next month I run into vacations, start of kids school and I will have to work to not let my schedule collapse!

Have a great day everyone!
SAB 5% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #22  

Adding another 165 to my previous total = 285. Tomorrow, the killer Pilates class again...
Sheryllynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #23  

I am envious of the Pilates class!! I took one a few years ago but did not have a very good instructor. This challenge is helping me because I only hit snooze once and even though I did do a short dog walk, I continued exercising rather than just slowly getting ready for work. My BIGGEST challenge over the years has been getting up in the morning but M-F I have been an early riser for 1 1/2 years now. This morning it was dog walk, ab routine and 20 minutes of a Tae Bo routine.

265/1000 HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #24  

Hi friends I am at 200/1000 but I have body pump in the wrorks for today and that will add 50 min. This is SO working for me and I am feeling the effects - both in getting tired and sleeping like a ROCK and also my clothing is not pulling on me like it does when I am in my upper range. That is GOOD. I am using my little spreadsheet and that is so helpful - also keeping cumulative calories along with daily, which is a good way to put a day's low or high into perspective re the big picture.

Steph I am not a morning person either, but I love to work out in the morning - my job prevents it alas. (Guess I could on weekends heh.) It gives you a good feeling all day. My natural tendency is definitely night owl.

Go Sheryl. We have a mat pilates on Sunday mornings that is kind of hard for me to get to but maybe I'll drop in. I do terrible on the side moves, like when your legs are straight and you balance on your side on ankles and elbows? or "plank" type moves too, I'd love a way to get stronger at those.

Must keep working here, will check in later, but my plan is for BP x 50 at LEAST.

Juno
Old 07-17-2007, 02:27 PM   #25  

Hello! It's raining today, the baby woke up at 4 am, the preschooler didn't wake until 8:15 and we had to be at school at 9 AM so I didn't get to walk. I would have happily walked in the rain but with funky kid schedules it didn't work out. I've also got a lot of work to catch up on today so not sure if I'll fit in much, but I'm going to try to do one 15 min video and some abs work.

Over the weekend I did the usual walking but also spent SIX HOURS scrubbing my front porch (we have an old Craftsman with a long porch). It was beyond filthy and hadn't been scrubbed in at least 2 years. I didn't do it last year because I had just had Iris and I had a long recovery.

Since it was a lot of all fours and I kept my abs tight, plus lots of arm action, I'm giving myself 60 minutes there. Anyone have any objections? I think it's important that we give ourselves credit for the physically intensive things that we do besides using machines and videos to move our bodies. Heck, half the reason I want to be in better shape is to make it easier for me to garden!

So for the last few days:

7/14: walk with stroller - 60 minutes
7/15: 6 hours of scrubbing - 60 minutes
7/16: video, abs - 60 minutes

545/1000

One thing I'm loving about all the extra weight work I'm doing is watching my body get sculpted. My shoulders are rounder and broader, I'm getting some definition in my upper back, and my quads are coming back. Oh, how I've missed my quads. Until my early 30s I always had toned, strong legs, without much trying. But after I stopped running and used my car to get everywhere, they whithered away. I'm seeing more definition and they're hard again! Woo hoo!
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:04 PM   #26  

Hi everyone - WOW we're all making good progress.

I'm up to 210/1000. Slow and steady. I had two walks and an hour of baseball in there, but I've got to get my butt going every day or I won't make the challenge! Eeks!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #27  

Checking in! Just got in from a brisk walk! I am at 285/1000, which is roughly average of a half hour per day, so in essence I'm neither ahead of myself or behind. I may get more in tonight too, we will see.

Shorty good for you on seeing the results from weights. It is amazing what can be accomplished but it takes consistency. I think taking credit for physically challenging chores is definitely fine, you know if you in workout level range or not. Works the other way too, brisk walk yes, leisurely stroll, nope.

PL that little hedgehog is so cute! You are doing great. Do you have practices for baseball in addition to games?

On to the rest of my day!

Juno
Old 07-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #28  

Good morning - must admit this does push me to add a few more minutes rather than find something else to do. This challenge is at a good time because it also corresponds with my need to train harder for the 2nd 5K I am running on Aug. 12

I still need to find a few moments to add some fun graphics to my posts - mine look so blah!!

Everyone is doing a great job and the fun thing is that there is variety! Pilates, baseball, Body Works, Tae Bo, walking, running, DVD's etc So many ways to get in a little bit of time.

I did a 45 minutes walk and then 15 minutes of ST on Wed, and then a 45 minute walk today and a 20 minute run......I am scheduled to run tonight also but it is one of those days when you are supposed to be 4 places so I am just going to see what my mood is like towards the end of my work day. We are having company Friday so I should be going home to clean!

I am losing weight again too which is nice......

390/1000.................Only 610 more to go
Old 07-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 319/ticker/190

Height: 5'7"

Uh, oh--
I'm a slacker! I confess!

However, I did get in 45 minutes this week--so far.

945 - 45 =900 to go!
miradoblackwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #30  

I had to get on and update my minutes so maybe I will have motivation this weekend to exercise rather than be lazy

30 Minute run last night and then 45 minute walk this morning. My weekend goal will be to get in more strength training rather than cardio.

Happy Friday! 465/1000