Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 10:15 AM   #16  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Sharon: As I told you in my email I am keeping you and your dad in my prayers. Let me know when you hear something, ok? Love ya!

Love, CJ
Old 12-16-2001, 11:02 AM   #17  
Mistress of My Universe

Angry Morning, Morning

Morning Everyone,

First, Sassy and Chrissy {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I know I only know of you two here online, but my heart can't help going out to both of you and your Dad. It's Christmas time and most of us are simply celebrating the end of the year and the holidays and here this news about your Dad comes in
I will definitely keep all three of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jo How did the party go? Was it a blast or a dud? LOL. I hate parties that end up being duds. We already had our Christmas party and it was at the Olive Garden. I chose the chicken parm because even breaded, I think the chicken was better then all the pasta smothered in sauces dishes. And I only had the chicken--not the pasta with it.

CJ I think your graphics are just as adorable!!! I just have never seen anything so cute!

Peggy YAY for shopping, but boo to bathing suits. Last year, I thought I could get a two piece, ya know the one with the top that looks like a tank and then some boy britches (LOL) to go with it, ummm NO. And it seems like any nice one pieces were never in the right size. I ended up getting a NIKE suit and then it tore after like wearing it 3 times Eh, well, I still wore it cuz it was just in our backyard pool.

Well, Everyone, as much as I am cursing this cold I have right now, I must say, it's made me happy too. LOL. I weighed in this morning just for curiousity's sake and found out I broke the 150 mark without trying! I'm at 149.5 now! WOO HOO! I think it's because yesterday, I couldn't taste anything at all so whenever I went to eat anything, I took like a bite and then tossed it. So I'm gonna try to guzzle my water this weekend and get that 149 down pat for Monday or Tuesday. That would be WUNDERBAR

Well, Hugs and all that. TTYL.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:14 AM   #18  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Wanted to say goodbye.

Hi guys,
I just wanted to let you know that I am going to Michigan tomorrow afternoon. I just have to be there with Dad. Chrissy called and said they may do surgery on Tuesday to remove the tumor and probaly take a sample of his liver and some other organs to see if it is cancer than has it spread, by freezing it and sending it to the lab before they go on, on what to do.

I was talking to Chrissy and she said I need to talk with my other brothers, besides Jerry the slow one I have another older brother that lives in Florida who is flying in and we need to make some decisions with Dad of course as to what he wants to do. Cause he can't take care of himself if he has a feeding tube, which he probaly will have according to the doctor. He would have to stay in a nursing/rehabilation place, since we both live out of state and my Mom is gone. So we just don't know if we want to put him through that if it is too late. We also have to consider about the quality of life that he will have if he has this surgery. Since I am out of state as my brother in Florida and Jerry, my slow brother can't change a feeding tube. Plus Jerry can't be alone to live on his own. My sister in law, Chrissy is a nurse but has to work and is going to school right now and has a full load. There is no room at her house to take in Jerry and Dad so we need to talk about this. I just hope that they can delay the surgery a day or two till my brother Skip and I get there. I mean he has had this tumor they say probaly a few years now so what is another day or two? So we will see when I get there. The surgeon used to live next to my brother, Skip when they lived there and he is going to talk to him tomorrow and we will get the results of the biopsy hopefully tommorow. So I will probaly leave in the afternoon if I can.

So anyways I will keep you posted or Chrissy will when we find out more. No computer at Dad's house where I will be some of the time, but Chrissy has one.

CJ-Thanks for the support and I really appreciate it so much. I will get situated and try to get ahold of at some point. But if you have my Dad's phone number you can try to call me there. I will email it to you. Don't know if I will get to see you but who knows.

Tricia-You too are wonderul and thanks for the kind thoughts as well. Congratulations of getting into the 140's that is great.

I will be thinking of you wonderful ladies and will miss you, but I have too much on my mind right now so will post when I can.

Take care and love guys, you are the best.

Love ya, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 12-17-2001 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:53 AM   #19  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, I'm fuming and I'm obsessing and I'm mad and kicking myself. I weighed in on Sat. with a 0.2 lb. GAIN!!! Now all I can think is "if only". If only I'd had one less of those appetizers. If only I'd drunk more water. If only I'd spent more time on the dance floor. I was really good at the party but I just wasn't good enough, I guess. Oh you guys, I have just got to find a way to re-jumpstart this weight loss thing!!!! I'm so frustrated!!!!!!

Sher-Bear!!!! I'm so happy to see you again!!!! It's you and me, kid! What do you say? Let's both get restarted on this weight loss game?

Kitten, the party was OK, I guess. I did eat a lot better than I would have but, as I said, I guess I should have done better. As usual, most people hung around for the lunch and the speeches and then cut out for the afternoon. Only a few people stayed around for more dancing, etc. Rich and I were out of there by 3:00 and that was plenty for me. Turns out I missed quite the "show" when the ex-girlfriend of one of the guys showed up and started a fight with the current girlfriend. Ah, it's always one soap opera or another at this company.

Sharon ... {{{{{{Love you Honey!!!}}}}}} I hope you have a chance to come in here over the next few days. Keep us posted on what's happening. I've said a prayer for your dad and you and your family are in all my thoughts and prayers.

Sweet Tooth, haven't checked the weekly challenge yet but I'm heading there next. Last week's was too easy for me and now I'm spoiled. Can't wait to see what this one is.....

I guess I'll go now. Boss was in when I arrived at 7:45 this AM and usually that means he has to leave early. (I hope. I hope. ) I think this is going to be a long week. Oh and I'm working on the sore throat, sniffles, sneezing stuff. What's the saying? Starve a fever, feed a cold???? Great. Just great.

Love you all!
Jo.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:14 AM   #20  
Conquering with SBD

Hi everyone. I tried to post on the weekend, but when I went on the computer, I couldn't get a server connection. The cable connection just doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Also, I just got back from WI. Woo Hoo. Lost 3.75 pounds this week. I have officially made my Christmas challenge, also won the bet with my son by .25 pounds. Maybe more by next week. Another 3 pounds and I will be out of the 'overweight' category and into the high end of the normal range for my height. It seems that it wasn't that long ago that I was posting that I had finally moved from the obese category to the overweight category.

Finally went out shopping and bought 2 pairs of jeans and a new bathing suit - one of the tank top types and bikini bottom - SIZE 8. Yahoo. That, plus what I bought before should get me through the next couple of months until I am at the weight that I want to be.

Sharon - I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It is always difficult to see loved ones going through serious illness and being powerless to relieve the fear and the pain. Being at arm's length is even more challenging. I think you are right is going to Michigan to make sure that everything is being looked after and that you are with your dad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take care.

CJ - I saw the weekly stats. You are doing so well with the weight loss. This week you will soon be under the 170 mark. It has been a hard battle, but you are finally getting there. Way to go.

Jo - Sorry to hear about your gain. BUT, .2 pounds is not much, considering the party on Friday. I think you have done well to maintain the weight even though we have all been partying. This week will be better. Just keep on drinking the water, walking the treadmill and staying OP as much as possible. How is your back doing? That can certainly hinder the exercise program. Hope it is feeling better.

Kitten - Look at you go. Good to hear that you broke the 150 pound mark. I found that a really difficult mark to break. It seems like I stayed between 150 and 160 for weeks and just didn't seem to lose any significant weight. Once I got below 150, I seemed to start losing regular amounts again. Good goin'.

Sherry - It's good to hear from you again. Hoping to hear more from you after the holidays. Try to keep OP as much as you can during that time. Wishing you the best.

Well, I better get going. Have to run to a dr. appointment - looking at some melanoma that I have on my nose. Hopefully, I haven't left it too long. Talk to you later.

Luv,

Last edited by sweet tooth; 12-19-2001 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2001, 08:42 AM   #21  
Long Lost Chickie

Uh, hello?? Dis iz Jo. I'm a wittle 'tuffed up. Cough. Wheeze....

OK, it's official. I have a cold. Darn it!!! I thought I'd make it at least to January or February this year. I usually get one doozy of a cold each year and I guess this is it. Hopefully, I can knock it out before Christmas. Grumble.

I was Little Miss Weight Watcher yesterday. Had 20 points. Drank a gallon of water. Walked a mile on the treadmill also using my little dumb bells for half of it. Now if I can keep on behaving day after day after day after day....... Yikes! Maybe I'd better just concentrate on one day at a time.

Peggy, congrats on the weight loss and making the Christmas challenge!!! I'm so jealous!!! Hm, maybe I should start making bets with family members too???

Speaking of bets, Rich and I bet on last Sunday's New England-Buffalo football game. His Patriots beat my Bills 12-9 in overtime so he gets to work on his wall instead of mine over the holidays. OK, what that means is he wants to start on the kitchen (yes, we're STILL "starting" that project) by cutting a doorway through the far wall into the garage. I wanted to start by knocking out the near wall between the kitchen and dining room. OK, so he won that one but I'm not going to stop nagging until we get this ball rolling!!! Any family member who's asked what we want for Christmas was told to get us Home Depot gift certificates so maybe we'll actually be able to afford this project!!!

Have to go now. Work awaits. (After Jo opens a new box of tissues!) Have a good one everybody!!

Much love, Jo.
Old 12-18-2001, 12:17 PM   #22  
Conquering with SBD

Just popping in to find out where the heck everyone is...

Here I am, just about talking to myself. Missy Jo is adding the odd comment, but nobody else seems to be around. Must all be busy with Chirstmas and stuff. I'm pretty well finished, just to pack the car to go away Friday.

Yesterday was a stressful day. Consequently, I was up a pound this morning. Had some melanoma removed from my nose (now it's a BIG SCNOZZ), and will have to wait until the end of January to find out if he got it all.

Hope everything is well with everyone. Take Care.
Old 12-19-2001, 09:49 AM   #23  
Long Lost Chickie

Well Peggy, looks like it's just you and me again! And I'm not long for this world unless I can shake this stupid cold!! I'm so stuffed up, I can't see straight. Last night, I took some Nyquil and it knocked me completely unconscious! Didn't even hear Rich come to bed and turn on the TV for a while.

OK, enough whining about that. I'll now whine about something else. Who the heck invented Christmas cookies anyway!?!?! Probably someone skinny!!! They attacked me yesterday! It was horrible!! I fought the cookie and the cookie won!!

However, I added up all the points last night and it actually wasn't too terrible. Higher than it should have been but only by a point or two. Just have to be good today. I've been eating home made chicken soup morning, noon and night and, except for the chicken, it's all veggies and fat free broth. Almost no points there. I just have to try to avoid the "I'm sick and I should eat whatever I want. Poor little meeeeee" syndrome.

Got on the treadmill with my little dumb bells last night too but just couldn't keep up the pace. Did about 3/4 of a mile in 20 minutes and called it a night. But that should be counted as my small success, right?

OK, I've talked about me me me me me enough already. Time to go. Sharon, if you're reading this, I'm still thinking of you and sending my thoughts and prayers. And Sher-Bear, get back here!!! I've missed your posts.

Boss alert!! Gotta run!!
Much love, Jo.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:59 AM   #24  

Jingle Bells......Jingle Bells.......Jingle All The Way......Oh What Fun It Is To Ride......

(Ok....OK!! I know..... I can't sing!!) LOL!!

Hi Ya'll........
Yeah Jo.....I'm here!! I was going to wait until after the holidays but ya'll are just too special to me!! Thanks ALL you the warm welcome backs!!

Sharon~~~~ If you're reading this, please post soon OR call CJ or Christy and let us know how your Dad is.My prayers and thoughts are with you & your family.Take care and know I'm here for you!!

CJ~~~~ Where are you? I come back and you leave!!! Hmmmmmmmmm......trying to tell me something???!!! Have you heard from Sharon? Are you done shopping? I have only bought 6 gifts!! I know....I'm sooooooo bad!! But I hope to do it all the next couple of days!! You'll think I'm crazy but I just love the crowds!!

Jo~~~~ Take care of that cold! It's the wrong time of the year to be sick!! Have you tried Nyquil? Also....thanks for missing me!! You're a sweetheart! I've missed this bunch too!!! Take care hon! {{{ Hugs }}}

Peggy~~~~ Wow.....you've done wonderful during the holidays!! And made your goal!! I'm so jealous & PLEASE give me some motivation!! Where are you leaving to go to Friday? Have a safe trip and have fun!!

To everyone else: Hello....Hugs and happy shopping & wrapping!! (I'm probably the only one who's not done yet!! LOL)

Santa Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Last edited by Sherry; 12-19-2001 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-20-2001, 02:11 AM   #25  

Hello Ladies!

I popped in to say hello! I hope you are all doing well. It's been quite a while simce I've posted in here! It's been crazy now that my Mother in Law is out of rehab ( she still can't walk by herself) and staying with us. It's not easy!!!! I do miss my computer time!

Sharon/Chrissy - Hello dear friends! I'm so sorry to hear about Sharon's Dad. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SHARON & CHRISSY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))) I pray to god that he is going to take care of you r Papa and your father.

It's good to see miss CJ back to her old tricks

Well ladies, I'm falling aleep as I type this memo .... I'm off to bed!

Have a fabulous Holiday and I will write more soon!
Old 12-20-2001, 08:28 AM   #26  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! Just popping in real quick here ... have to get ready for WI and I'm moving very very slow these days cuz MY BACK IS OUT! Cannot hardly move ... great timing, eh? I also have something wrong with my left arm .... must have pulled a muscle or something cuz I sure can't move it much ... (between the elbow and wrist) can hardly pick up a glass with it! Don't worry tho, I use my right arm to drink my WATER!!!

I talked to Sharon last nite and her dad is coming home today. As she explained to me, her dad has a very mild and treatable form of stomach cancer and can be treated with medication, or maybe a couple rounds of chemo if the meds don't do it. I will let Sharon tell you all the details, I just want to make it short so you all know that he is going to be ok. I believe she is going home Saturday.

Sherry:

So good to see you posting here again. You just bring cheer into the room when you enter! And NO - I didn't leave cuz you came! Silly girl!!!!! I just have been busy trying to get the house cleaned, some decorations up, and gifts wrapped (got a late start as we have been out of town for months)! Yes, my shopping is done - ran out of wrap paper so have to get some more after WI so I can finish.

Slyvia:

So good to hear from you also. You are such a good person taking care of your mother-in-law as you are. I know it must be really hard, hope things get better for you real soon.

Jo:

Hope you are feeling better soon and get rid of that cold. Not a fun thing to have at christmastime! So get well soon, ok?

Peggy:

You did it girl! You made your goal for christmas and won the bet with your son! Gosh, you have done so great. You just picked up speed and left me in the dust! LOL How is your nose doing now? Hope your report in January is 100% good.

Tricia:

Way to go girl getting into the 140's! Good luck on your WI Tuesday .... I'm still trying to break from the 170's to the 160's - I'm probably within a lb or 1/2 lb ... seems to be a "blockage" there that is stopping me ... hahaha I'll get there before this year is out!!!!!

Well, have to go get dressed now ... I'll let ya know later on my WI. Have a good day everyone!

Love, CJ
Old 12-20-2001, 11:36 AM   #27  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm here! And I'm feeling better. Not 100% but I'm kicking this cold I think. Still think I'll take it easy and get "all the way well". Big family Christmas dinner at my parents' on Sunday and I don't want to be sniffling and sneezing all over the place.

CJ, I'm sorry to hear about your back! I know how it is but yours sounds worse than mine was. Take it easy already, will you!?!?! That's an order!

Sylvia, I'm so glad to see you here! Sounds like you've got your hands full, though. Take care!

Sharon, CJ told us about your dad. I'm so glad to hear it's not more serious. Sounds like he just needs some family TLC and I bet you can provide it.

Sherry, your singing sounds just fine to me! Of course, mine sounds more like dogs howling or some wild animal in pain or something. You get the picture.

Well, I spent last night running around for final Christmas presents, tags and tissue paper, etc. Then I came home and finished the last (I hope I hope ) of my wrapping. As I said, we're going to mom and dad's on Sunday and have a mess of presents to cart up there. We got my sis and bro-in-law this huge grill thing for steaming lots of clams or cooking entire turkeys!! It weighs a ton. Think with my back I'll let Rich carry that one to the car.

I'm a little worried about the dinner. We're going out to a restaurant (all 16 of us!) for an early dinner after opening presents, etc. I'm going to try to make wise choices and Rich has promised to be ready to ... um ... "advise" me.

I've also somehow (don't know how THIS happened!) promised to bake some cookies or brownies to take up too. I thought about letting Rich do the baking (he likes to do it) but you all know how wonderful the whole house is going to smell even hours later. Whimper!! Again, I'm just going to have to be strong. (And picture all of you guys giving me butt-kicks!!!)

I should go now. Boss just gave me this huge project but I'm not going to complain. I'm working next week (Wed, Thu and Fri) and it's always really slow and boring around here that week. Most people take vacation and the phones hardly ring. This will give me something to work on.

Have a great day!
Much love, Jo.
Old 12-21-2001, 12:40 AM   #28  

Hi Ya'll.......

I'm VERY tired & going to bed!! Will post again in the am. Wanted to share our Christmas picture card with ya'll.

Goodnight....
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 12-21-2001, 02:43 AM   #29  

Default Almost Christmas!

Only days to go, yay. And only a half-day for me to work on Monday and then 10 days off, double yay!

Sherry - cool picture, you all look happy (and warm!!) he he

Jo - Glad you are almost better and I forgot to say the other day sorry about the wall. Ah well yours is up next

Sharon & Chrissy - I'm so glad to hear (from CJ) that your Dad should be okay. You girls need a break for a while. Please let us know as soon as you can how he is. Love to you.

Sylvia - lovely to see you! Sorry to hear about your MIL - that must be a lot of work. Does that mean you'll be waiting to try for a baby? I remember when my Mum had to look after my Dad's Mum. She did a great job, but boy did it bugger her out. Hugs to you too honey

All is okay here. Despite the festivities am maintaining at 143 now. So 13 pounds to go. I don't imagine I'll lose these few weeks, will be happy to maintain. Although from today we are babysitting our friends' dogs for two weeks, so that will mean lots of walks. Summer has kicked in though, so it is quite hot.

Well I'll be woring for two more months and then I'll be retrenched. Am starting to look for other jobs, but I won't mind a bit of time at home with Charlotte. Am thinking of being a waitress or something. Haven't done it before and it would be great exercise!!! Will also go back to Uni in January, but will only do one subject.

Okay well the little miss will be up soon, so I'd best log off. We'll scan some Christmas photos, so early in the New Year I'll work out somehow for you girls to see my beautiful baby.

I'll be back before Christmas. Meanwhile have a great weekend!
Sam
179 (9 months pg)/143/130
Old 12-21-2001, 08:56 AM   #30  
Long Lost Chickie

So what was the verdict????? Should I start another thread???? Oh what the heck......
Closed Thread