3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies....#22 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/114779-home-loozing-floozies-22-a.html)

alinnell 06-12-2007 12:14 PM

Things are getting nasty around here. As much as I try, I keep gaining rather than losing (and no, I haven't had any cheesecake!). Next week, I'm going to go drastic (kind of like Lisa) and really cut down. The way I figure it, two weeks of drastic dieting won't kill me and it should be the kick in the pants that I need to keep with it until the end. Oh, and drastic for me means: no bread (at all), no dressing on my lunch salad (probably just have a few cups of vegetables instead of a regular salad) and a low fat dinner. I'll still eat the minimum number of calories--it will just be really low fat (I do well on low fat). Oh, yeah, and I'll stay away from the wine. I've actually done really well with this lately--I had wine Friday night and that was it! Ok, so I've had small martinis each night instead--but at least with a martini, I'm not tempted to have a second one and I do make them half-sized. I guess I'll give those up for 2 weeks as well.

Sherry 06-12-2007 12:25 PM

Allison...You can do it!!!!!!!!!! :) Take one day at a time....:dust:

Sherry 06-12-2007 12:31 PM

Suzy....Be careful out mowing. It's sooooooo HOT!! :sunny: Glad to hear that you're drinking lots of water!!
Thanks for asking about my b/p. It's really looking good. I go back in 4 weeks. If it stays down she'll finally lower my dose! This weight off is really helping. I had several skin tags (small moles) on my neck which the doctor removed yesterday.My whole neck is so sore.I had a rough time trying to sleep last night too. Take care...

4myloves 06-12-2007 05:00 PM

I found out today that I passed my final file review at work (after two loooooong years)!!

That means that sometime in July I'll be getting a promotion and a $7,723/year raise!

Sherry 06-12-2007 05:18 PM

:congrat: Cheryl!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo happy for you!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer:

DeterminedLisa 06-13-2007 02:04 AM

Hello friends,

Gayle, Thanks very much for the Kimmer info. Very interesting.
There is definitely an extreme end to that club, such as the
people who fast for a month on just water. The main thing I take
away from that discussion is that some people find there's a
difference between low-carb, ultra-low-carb, and zero-carb.
There are people in the world who are giving themselves unlimited
quantities of pork loin but limiting their lettuce and celery.
That boggles my mind, but I'll give it some thought.

Janice, How low is your low-carb plan? Do you cut starches but
not worry about fruits and veggies and dairy, or do you count
grams, or what? Do you have any personal preference or opinions
about the different low-carb plans?

Sherry, Congratulations on your BP improvement. I bet your BP
will keep improving and improving. I used to get a high systolic
reading at the doctor's in part because I hated being judged and
lectured, so I got a double-improvement when I lost weight.

Shelly, Is some of the weight gain because of the injuries that
kept you from exercising? Some people also get unhappy when they
withdraw from exercise. Anyway, I'm glad to see you're able to
bike again. I wished I had as much dedication as you do.

Cheryl, Congrats on your raise! That sounds like a big milestone.
What kind of work do you do?

Allison, Good luck with whatever you decide to do! If you're
surprised by your recent gain and there isn't much bad eating to
explain it, maybe the gain is water, muscle strengthening, hormones,
inflammation, digestion, sodium, inaccuracy in your scale, or
any of the zillions of other things that we assume don't really
matter. These minor factors are more likely to play in if
somebody is changing their eating/exercise habits or when you're
talking about a small fraction of total bodyweight over a short
timeframe. From a mathematical perspective, the best approach is
to get a larger statistical dataset (weigh yourself every day for
50 days and then compute the overall slope of the line AFTER all
the datapoints are available.) For 1-week and 2-week effects,
the most accurate reflection of bodyfat gain/loss might be to
count the calories of your food and exercise. That probably
isn't a very helpful comment, but the math nerd in me can't help
ranting about statistical error.

I'm on my second day of a lower-carb plan, with no milk, no carrot,
no tomato, and I'm still feeling better on this plan than I did
in previous weeks when I was having milk and the semi-carb veggies.
Yay. Another success is handling a social event last night. I belong
to a monthly "Bunco" group, and usually our gatherings are a big
pig-out. Earlier this year I couldn't bear to attend because of
my diet. Last month I hosted so I could control the food. This
month, I went armed with a huge tupperware of raw and steamed veggies
and I swear I was like a chain-smoker nonstop with sticks of
cucumber or asparagus or whatever. Sometimes I dipped them in a tiny
bit of melted cheese, but otherwise my jaw kept chewing nonstop.
It was a bit disgusting to eat such a massive quantity of vegetables
but something about my body, my chemistry, or my personality caused
me to keep chomping away. I'm ashamed of that habit, but it's a
good thing to know about myself. Luckily I only consumed about
200 calories the whole night.

Determined,
Lisa

ShelleyM 06-13-2007 06:05 AM

:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :congrat: WooHoo Cheryl!!

Allison-You can do it. I have rejoined online Core, hoping it will get me back in gear. I feel better this morning, not as bloaty.

Gayle-Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Sherry-How was the day at Debbie's this past weekend? Did you tell her we miss her?

Lisa-Yes, this gain is totally because of not running. I was running anywhere from 30-40 miles per week up until last June (has it been a year already?) when I started getting foot problems. The biking doesn't have the same results for me as running. I know it's a big contributor to my depression.

coles 06-13-2007 07:51 AM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_2.gif Cheryl - Congratulations!!! You deserve that raise, you have worked your butt off for this time. We are sooo proud of you.

Lisa - I don't count carbs. I just stick to low carb vegetables, I eat meat and don't worry about the fat. I find its the protein that keeps me feeling full. I eat cheese, eggs and tons of caesar salad with bacon, and parmesan cheese. Lots of chicken etc.
I don't eat corn, peas, carrots potatoes or any starchy vegetables.
Coffee with cream and splenda and as much crystal lite or diet soda plus water as I can get into me.
I also take sugar free metamucil to help keep everything moving if that becomes a problem.
I was very successful with WW before but just can't seem to stick to it now. Once the points are gone that its.
With low carb if you are hungry or just want something to eat you eat!
Gayle - glad you are starting to feel better.
Shelley - great that you are able to get back out biking.
HEllo to everyone else out there in Floozie Land.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZNxmk042YYCA

coles 06-14-2007 08:48 AM

Where Oh Where are all The FLOOZIES hiding????

gdeann 06-16-2007 09:28 AM

I'm here Janice! I am still not feeling all that great, but still breathing, so I guess thats good! LOL!
We had a friend visit for a few days and have just been busy with life. Getting ready to head outdoors and mow but had to have my morning dose of the Floozies and my coffee.
I am low carbing and watching my fat intake. Eating clean (no junk) lean cuts of meat and using just enough fat in oils to season with. I honestly can say I am the most satified eating this way. On some other plans with the allowed "treats" I end up rummaging through the pantry at night looking for a fix. I think the carbs tend to make me think I'm hungry. Tonight I am preparing a meal to take to my MIL's: I grilled chicken breast and will wrap each one up in a foil packet with about 1/2 T. of low fat italian salad dressing then toss in the crockpot to heat. We are having tossed salad and texas garlic bread. I will eat the chicken and salad and pass on the bread. I need to think of more menu ideas for when I am with family. I really don't want them to now I am watching what I eat...they tend to get helpful and start telling me "just one piece of cake won't hurt" or try this yummy new recipe... you get the idea... it's just easier to keep it to myself and try to prepare stuff which is in my plan, and they will eat also.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Congrats Cheryl on the raise! YOU DESERVE IT!!! Oh, by the way, can I get a loan???? LOL!

alinnell 06-16-2007 10:52 AM

Gayle~you're absolutely right! I get the same way with carbs. I'm a total carb addict (with respect to breads and crackers). I've decided to completely cut out all breads and crackers for the next two weeks to see if it will put me back on track. Otherwise my diet is very healthy with lean meat and low fat choices.

Everyone have a great weekend!

ShelleyM 06-17-2007 09:57 AM

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Gayle-I started Core online this past Tuesday and am doing very well. Today will be the test. I'm going to have to eat lasagne that has regular cheese and regular lasagne noodles in it. That's what Mike's making for dinner (my folks are coming.) I plan on eating a small portion. No seconds!! I've still got 27 points left to work with. I've been using the online planner to log all my foods, even though you don't need to on Core. It really helps me. I also biked 80 miles last week and 25 miles today, so I earned a few AP's. Not as many as with running, but oh well!

Lynneye 06-17-2007 06:24 PM

Finally have Rob's Mom home, so maybe things will calm down here? I hope so! Took her cat home today, so my cats are much happier too.
With all the stress I have lost five pounds, so maybe this was a good thing? Not the best way to lose, but it is a loss!

Hoping to catch up with everyone this week!

coles 06-17-2007 07:51 PM

Debbi - Five pounds WOW take it anyway you can get it. But you're right its not the best way to lose weight.
Gayle - I know exactly what you're saying. When I am eating carbs I am just not satisfied, still craving something more.
I don't tell people I'm watching carbs either because they are such little helpers. Glad you are starting to feel better.
Janice

ShelleyM 06-19-2007 05:44 AM

Yay, I'm down 1.5 for my first week of Core!