3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Pregnant & Staying Fit ~ December (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/11435-pregnant-staying-fit-%7E-december.html)

Alex's Mom 12-29-2001 10:12 AM

Vicki, I'll definately keep you in my prayers. Pregnancy can be such a frightening time--I know this from experience several times over.... You may have ovulated later in your cycle and perhaps your not as far along as you originally thought. Seeing the heartbeat is a great sign! Also, depending on where the baby is positioned locating that h/b can be tricky via doppler. I gained 4 lbs as well in my 1st trimester. That is a great start. From what I read...if you have a healthy gain/start usually your overall gain is within normal limits. Just keep up what your doing and let us know how it goes Weds.

Oh, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. A good pregnancy site for just about all stages is www.thelaboroflove.com Check it out.

Ann
EDD 1/27/02

Lara H 12-29-2001 12:24 PM

Vicki: Of course you and your little one are in my prayers. It must have been very frightening for you when the dr couldn't find a heartbeat. I know when they first tried to find the heartbeat with me it took a long time. As long as they were able to find a good strong heartbeat with the ultrasound I don't think I would worry too much. The baby was probably just in a position not conducive to hearing the heartbeat.

About the baby being smaller than expected, like Ann said, if you used your last period to get a due date you may have been a bit off if you ovulated later than normal. For me, if I used my last cycle to figure out my due date I'd be at least a month further along. But then I wasn't ovulating on a regular basis anyhow...

Lara
:wave:

RoadRunner 12-30-2001 11:58 AM

Good Morning!!!
I am "emotionally" better this morning.....I quit spotting all day yesterday after 11am and then only once this morning when I got up the first time to urinate...Never once did it get on a pad soo I think that is ok....I think when I hold this baby in my arms next July, I will totally relax!!!!!I am looking forward to him waking me up all night!!!!!:D
Vicki

Lara H 12-30-2001 12:30 PM

Vicki: I'm glad that you have stopped spotting... but somehow I have the feeling that I probably will never totally relax when it comes to this baby... breathe a sigh of relief that at least one worrisome era is over, but there will always be things for us to worry about.

I don't mean that I'm going to be one of those mothers who are constantly fawning over their children or worrying that they might catch a cold, but there are big concerns and worries that are totally different once they are out of the womb. I'm not going to raise my child to be a worrier or paranoid or any of that, and I won't allow myself to be that way either, but I think that some of our worries will be just starting when our children are born.

Lara
:wave: